[SP-F01] Lay of the Land <<The First Few Lessons are Free>> (Beginner Quest)

Meanwhile at the [Black Odyssey] Store. Kiyabu could be found reading from a leather-bound book. Which was written by a more experienced player. "Whoever wrote this book is looking out for the newer players... On the first page, It has detailed instructions on what quest to start first." While lost in thought, Kiyabu came back to reality. When someone called out his name. "Oh! Thank you." As he politely thanked the person behind the counter, before carrying his equipment to the changing room. After a couple of minutes, Kiyabu came out wearing his new leather armor. With a Dagger holstered to his left side. 

Before leaving the store. Kiyabu decided to open up his menu, To examine his newly acquired gear. However, what he didn't expect was the quality of the items. "Wait! All the items are Perfect Quality." His reaction was normal Since he didn't expect to receive perfect quality items right off the bat. "I'll definitely come back here again in the future." He suggested to himself. "Anyway onto the first quest.." Kiyabu walked out of [Black Odyssey] to go look for Zackariah's Workshop. Using the book as his guide. "Hmm.." After a good few hours, He finally arrived at his destination. Although he did get lost a couple of times. "Even with the guide... Finding this place was tough." Kiyabu stated in a soft pant. Since he was walking all over the place. 

He approached the front door of [Zackariah's Workshop]. "-Gulp-" Kiyabu seemed a bit nervous, as he slowly reached out his hand to knock on the door. "Hello? I'm looking for someone called Zackariah..." He stated his intentions for being there. Before pressing his hand against the wooden door. Which slowly opened up. "Pardon the intrusion.." After moving further into the workshop. Kiyabu was finally greeted by an elderly looking man. This was Zackariah. While listening to the elderly man, He received a quest notification. Which explained his objective. 'So I need to go outside the city walls... To gather five materials..' He quietly thought to himself. Before clicking the accept prompt. "See you later, Zackariah." 

Spoiler

Kiyabu Hisao, The Phantomstriker
Level: 1
HP 20/20
Energy: 2/2

Stats:
Damage 4
Mitigation 18
Evasion 1
Accuracy 3

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Rasaka Fang: [T1/Perfect/Dagger] (Damage 3)  
Armor: Gye's Armor [T1/Perfect/L.A] (Mitigation 2, Evasion 1) 
Misc: Gatherer's Ring [T1/Perfect/Trinket] (Loot Dice 3)

Skills: 

Extra Skils:

Mods:

Battle Ready Inventory:

Edited by Kiyabu Hisao

After accepting the [Gathering Quest] from Zackariah. Kiyabu politely waved good-bye to the elderly man, before making his way through the cobblestone streets. To the main gate. "Even though this is a digital town constructed out of data and complex programming, If you forget about the menu... You would instinctively think, you were in the real world." He quietly mutters to himself, While observing the [NPC's] doing their jobs. "The main gate should be around this corner?" As Kiyabu walked around the corner, To see a large gate-like structure. "Wow... Seeing it up close like this, The main gate is huge."  The sight was awe-inspiring. But he quickly shook his head. "Focus Kiyabu, You've got a Quest to finish... You don't want to keep Zachariah waiting at his workshop." As he walked through the gate into the [First Floor: Plains]. Although he was on a Quest, Kiyabu couldn't help himself. This world was absolutely stunning. 

"The grass feels extremely soft and comfortable like real grass, I can even smell the faint scent of flowers." While Kiyabu was admiring the warm scenery. "Hm! That sounds like running water from a stream?" After faintly picking up the sound of running water, He decided to follow it. "I knew it!" He came across a small stream, which was flowing through the plains. "If I follow this stream, I might be able to find some materials for his potions." Kiyabu sounded quite optimistic about finding some materials. So he could help Zackariah with making healing potions. 

"-Whistling a soft melody-" Out of habit, Kiyabu began whistling a familiar tune. Which brought back some good old memories from his youth. "How long has it been, since I've gone for a leisurely walk?" This simple comment made him thinking about his family. "I wonder if this incident has gone global? Because if it has... My mother won't hesitate to board a plane straight to Japan."  The thought of his mother rushing through the airport made him chuckle a bit. "I will survive this game and return!" But his facial expression turned somewhat serious. As he vowed to survive this [Death Game]"For now, I should focus on building up my strength... So I can join the frontlines." Kiyabu was determined to get stronger. So he wouldn't hinder his teammates or get himself killed. While following the stream, He spotted some bushes in the distance. "Maybe I can find some materials around here?" He started looking around the bush for any materials that could be useful for Zackariah.

ID# 180318 results:

Battle: 6

Craft: 8

Loot: 16

MOB: 8

"This looks useful."  As the material was removed from its source, Kiyabu heard a soft [Ding!] Which caught his attention. "Hm! So this class's as one of the materials needed for Zackariah's potion." He mutters to himself, While looking at the Quest information. "Maybe I can find more of this stuff laying around?"  Kiyabu thought, before continuing his search around the area. To see if could locate any more materials. While thoroughly searching through some bushes, he found another piece of material. Which could prove useful. The moment he removed it from the source. It was confirmed by the sudden. [Ding!]  "That confirms my suspicion... When I remove a necessary material... The system will alert me with a soft ding, as well as bring up the item's information."  He currently needed to find three more materials, before heading back to [Zackariah's Workshop]. "I don't think, I'll be able to find any more materials in this area."  So Kiyabu decided to move further up the stream in hopes of finding more materials. 

ID# 180320 results:

Battle: 5

Craft: 2

Loot: 20

MOB: 10

As Kiyabu continued on his merry little adventure through grassy plains in search of more materials for Zackariah's potion. He came across a peaceful meadow-like area. "This reminds me, so much of my grandfather's farm... Back in Sleaford."  That's when he remembered his fluffy little friend. "Me and Jack would always run through the meadow together... Gosh~ I wonder if he misses me at all?" He wondered if his old friend would remember him. After all these years. "I'm sure he would remember me, But anyway back to the Quest." Kiyabu returned his attention back to the quest at hand. As he rummaged through a couple of bushes. "Seriously nothing in this bush either... Looks like I'll have to move further up again." After failing to find any materials in this area, He decided to move further upstream. To try his luck there. However, he wasn't going to let one set-back bring him down. 

ID# 180321 results:

Battle: 6

Craft: 1

Loot: 10

MOB: 4

"Maybe I'll have better luck in this area." Kiyabu stated in an optimistic tone. About his luck in search of the materials. Needed to complete the first portion of this Quest. However, While rummaging through some more bushes. He heard a familiar [Ding!] sound, before having an item screen pop-up in his face. "Yes! That makes number three... I just need to find two more material, Then I can return to Zackariah's Workshop." As he continued to rummage through more bushes in hopes of finding more materials. A thought occurred. "Why does this quest remind me of a scavenger hunt?" That's when it hit him. "Oooh~ I can't believe I forgot about that day. When my grandparents made me go on a scavenger hunt to find my birthday present." He couldn't help but reminisce about that day. Before shaking his head a bit. "Anyway back to looking for more materials, I only need to find two more."  

ID# 180322 results:

Battle: 1

Craft: 3

Loot: 17

"-Humming-" While thoroughly searching the bushes, Kiyabu spotted a familiar material. "Wait... Didn't I come across one of these things before?" Just like before, when he removed the necessary material from its source. [Ding!] The items information screen popped up again. "I had a feeling this looked familiar... Now I remember why." Because Kiyabu previously picked one up earlier in another area. "That makes four now, I just need to find one more." That's when he turned his attention to all the bushes, He just searched through. "Looks like, I'll have try another spot..." As Kiyabu walked alongside the stream. His thoughts began to wander a bit.  'Even though this game has turned into a fight for survival, I can't help but admire the beauty.' His gaze turned towards the sky, before taking a deep breath. "I'll become stronger and return home." He clenched his fist tightly. 

ID# 180359 results:

Battle: 2

Craft: 2

Loot: 18

MOB: 1

A couple of minutes later, He found a new spot to begin his search for more materials. "Let's try over here first." While rummaging through some bushes, Kiyabu didn't find anything at first. "Looks like this bush is a bust as well..." After ten minutes of searching, He finally found another piece of material."That's the last one, I can finally head back to Zackariah's Workshop to begin the second part of the quest." He proudly stated to himself, before picking up the material. "Once I get back to the Town of Beginnings, I should probably visit a food store... Because even if it's a digital body, The brain still needs to think I'm eating."  Kiyabu made a valid point, As he began walking back to the town. By following the same path, He used to get there. "-Whistling-" To make the journey less boring, He started to whistle happily to himself. Until he could see the Gate in the distance.

ID# 180361 results:

Craft: 12

Loot: 13

"Since I don't have to search for more materials, The return journey isn't as long." He mentioned under his breath, as Kiyabu gradually got closer to the main gate. However, instead of heading inside right away. He decided to explore a little bit. "I should explore a little more, Who knows maybe I'll come across something important." After convincing himself, Kiyabu slowly wandered around the area near the gate in case something went wrong. "Hm?" While wandering around a bit, He spotted a few players fighting against some Wild Boars. "They must be doing a Hunting or Subjugation Quest?" Kiyabu remained at a distance, so he didn't draw aggro, As he began to observe the players. Which would further help him understand the battle mechanics of this game. However, while watching these players battle against the Wild Boars. He couldn't help but internally cheer for their success. 'You can do it!'

Edited by Kiyabu Hisao

While observing some players battling the [Wild Boars]"Hm!" That's when Kiyabu noticed their weapons beginning to glow an odd colour. "What's going on with their weapons?" He asked in a questioning tone. Before hearing one of the players call out their [Sword Art Skill] by name. "So in this game, you need to feel the skill activating... Through the weapon, before being able to actual use the skill properly." Upon witnessing the use of a skill, He opened his menu to check his skill list. As his facial expression turned sad. "Well... I am still Level One, So of course I wouldn't have any skills." As he closed his menu. "Once I start levelling up, I'll be able to acquire skill points." After motivating himself, Kiyabu began walking back to the main gate. So he could explore the inner city. "I should start gathering map data." His map wasn't fully explored, It only had a few named locations. Such as [Central Plaza, Black Odyssey, Zackariah's Workshop and a bit of Grassy Plains].

"Even though I said, I was going to explore this city... Where should I even begin?" Kiyabu stated, while rubbing the back of his head. The [Town of Beginnings] was a large place. But after a long time contemplating, He finally decided on visiting the [Black Iron Palace]. Which was located north of the [Teleport Gate plaza]"Oh my god! This place is huge!" Standing in front of the [Black Iron Palace]. He couldn't help, but admire the craftsmanship that went into building such a gorgeous Palace. "You can see so many different types of Iron used to build this place... OOO~ Look at this Glossy Black Pillars!" Kiyabu felt like a kid again, before snapping back to reality. "What's that?" What he saw was a large marble monument. "Are those names?" He questioned. "Hm!" After skimming through the list of names on the marble surface, He came across his own name. 

Upon discovering his own name on the marble monument, It finally clicked in his head what this thing was. "This Marble Monument has every player's name listed on it!" His reaction was understandable. Given that he found a structure listing all the names of players [Alive or Dead]. "Why would such a thing exist in the Black Iron Palace?" Kiyabu was a little curious about this Marble Monument. However, he didn't want to spend all day looking at this thing. So he decided to leave the [Black Iron Palace] To explore more of the town. Maybe even visit a few shops along the way, The Non-Player Characters were all very nice to him. "All the NPCs are so friendly to new players." A smile curved along his lips, As he arrived at the fountain area. "Woo! What a beautiful water fountain~" After exploring around a bit, He gradually started to fill up his map with named locations. "Time to go see Zackariah."

He extended out his left hand towards the door, before pushing on the wooden surface. As the door creaks inwards. "Hey Zackariah, Sorry for taking so long... I had trouble finding some materials in the beginning." Kiyabu formally apologized to Zackariah for taking so long. Before explaining that he did manage to obtain the necessary items needed for the quest. As he handed the materials over to Zackariah, who examined them for a minute. After getting confirmation that these materials will do for now. Kiyabu followed Zackariah to his workstation. "Huh? You want me to try and craft a Healing Potion! But I don't know how?" That's when he was shown how to do it. "Oh! Alright, I'll give it a try." This was his first time making a potion by hand in a virtual setting. 'Please... Please... Please.' Kiyabu was determined to successfully craft a potion under Zackariah's tutelage.

ID# 180389 results:

Craft: 7

Loot: 13

MOB: 8

Edited by Kiyabu Hisao

Following the process that Zackariah explained to him. Kiyabu noticed the potion beginning to glow. 'Please work.' He quietly asked under his breath, as he heard a familiar sound. [Ding!] He successfully crafted his first potion. "I did it, I really did it! Look, Zackariah... I was able to make my first potion!" That's when Kiyabu handed his healing potion over to Zackariah, So he could appraise the quality. "Wait! I crafted a Rare Quality Potion!" Not only did he successfully craft a potion. It was Rare Quality as well. Although Kiyabu succeeded in crafting the necessary potion. Which was the only requirement. He offered to help Zackariah in crafting more. Since it would further his understanding and knowledge of the game. However, Zackariah simply shook his head. Before explaining that he hand another task for him. 'So Zackariah wants me to deliver this package to a blacksmith called Lyle Tealeaf.' He thought. As he gladly accepted the task with a smile.

Edited by Kiyabu Hisao

Once Zackariah finished his explanation. A prompt appeared in front of Kiyabu, As he pressed the accept option. "Don't worry Zackariah, I'll make sure Lyle Tealeaf gets this package." He promised. While taking off his apron, before approaching the front door. "Thanks again for helping me understand the crafting process of Potions." Kiyabu politely thanked Zackariah for helping him. After the formal goodbye, He extended out his left hand to grasp the door handle. 'Now to deliver this package to Lyle Tealeaf, Who works at the blacksmith shop.' As he began following the cobblestone path. Which Zackariah suggested. "It's getting rather later, I hope they aren't closing up yet." He mumbled under his breath. Because if they were closed, Kiyabu would have to find some form of lodging. Or sleep outside. Although sleeping outside didn't sound too comfortable, He would get to admire the wondrous night sky. In a digital setting. 

Edited by Kiyabu Hisao

When Kiyabu finally arrived at the pre-determined location, Which was the Blacksmith run by Lyle Tealeaf. His facial expression stiffened a bit. Before uttering a few words. "Of course, It's closed... Who wouldn't close at this time." As his attention turned towards the clock tower. "Time to go find a place to sleep." While a little disappointed, It was his fault for spending so much time admiring the world's design. After searching around the town for a place to sleep. He finally stopped outside a small Inn, Which was offering a small room for players. Who didn't have a place to call their own yet. It was cramped, But at least he wouldn't have to sleep outside. "Tomorrow, I'll head straight to Lyle's Blacksmith shop." Once his body laid against the soft mattress, His attention would turn towards the ceiling. As he began to remember this uncomfortable feeling in his stomach. "This feeling takes me back." Kiyabu started to reminisce about his first time moving out of the house. To live independently.

Edited by Kiyabu Hisao

A few hours later, Kiyabu began to wake up from his deep slumber. "Mm... Time to finish this delivery for Zackariah." After climbing out of his bed. He neatly folded up the quilt cover. Before heading downstairs to have some breakfast. "Good morning, Inn-keeper." He politely greeted the NPC with a smile. "So what's on the menu?" Kiyabu asked in a curious tone. The Innkeeper explained, What was on the menu. "Ooo~ Could I get one bowl of French Onion Soup?" Once his order was placed. All he had to do was wait. "It's almost like staying in a real holiday inn." He mentioned. While admiring the simplistic design of this particular Inn. A couple of minutes later. His breakfast finally arrived at his table. "Thanks." He reached out his left and right hand to pick up his utensils. To begin eating his breakfast. "Mmm~ What a delicious taste!" As his facial expression lightened up. 

"That was a delicious soup, Thanks again for letting me use the spare room." Kiyabu mentioned to the Innkeeper, Who simply stated. That it was no big deal. "Have a wonderful day, Mister Innkeeper." He politely said to the NPC, before standing up from his chair. "Time to deliver this package, That Zackariah gave me yesterday." Once at the front door, Kiyabu could feel his hands shaking. As he took a few deep breaths. 'You can do this Kiyabu, Just focus on the task at hand.' After calming himself down with a small pep-talk, He opened the front door. However once again, He couldn't help but admire the gorgeous blue sky. "No matter how many times, I look at it... It's still unbelievable, that this world is a digital construct." He couldn't hide his admiration for such a complex system. Just the thought of trying to replicate such a system. Stimulated his thought process even more. As he began to remember his college days.

Edited by Kiyabu Hisao

"Anyway, they should be open now." He mumbled under his breath, While following the cobblestone path back to the blacksmith. Along the way, He saw a few players interacting with the NPCs. 'Are they buying or selling something to the NPC?' As Kiyabu decided to observe their transaction. He remembered his visit to [Black Odyssey]. He felt a soft smile curve along his lips. "I wonder what Lyle Tealeaf is like?" His curiosity about the Blacksmith known as 'Lyle Tealeaf' continued to grow. Once outside the Blacksmith again. "-Gulp-" He firmly knocked on the front door. "Hello? I'm looking for Lyle Tealeaf." Kiyabu loudly stated his reason for being there. "Pardon the intrusion." As he opened the front door and walked inside. 'Wooow...' He could see a variety of different weapons, all over the place. "Look at the craftsmanship that went into making these weapons!" Kiyabu has some experience with blacksmithing thanks to a few games, He's played before. But this blacksmithing process is on a whole other level.

Edited by Kiyabu Hisao

Whilst admiring the various weapons crafted by Lyle Tealeaf. He heard a gruff cough come from behind him. "Hm!" Kiyabu quickly turned around to see a tall man with a white beard wearing a leather apron. "Oh! You must be Lyle Tealeaf, I'm Kiyabu Hisao... I've got a package for you from Zackariah." After introducing himself to the blacksmith, He handed the package over to him. Lyle took the package to his backroom, before asking Kiyabu for his help with something. "Sure what do you need help with?" When he asked that question. A Quest prompt appeared in front of him. 'To complete his work, Lyle needs Three Boar Pup Tusks...' Upon learning that his next quest involved hunting monsters. Kiyabu felt like he needed some help with this. Because he didn't want to die against some low-level monster. So after accepting the quest given to him by Lyle Tealeaf. His next course of action was to find some players that are willing to help a newbie like him out.

Thread Summary: 
Thread Rewards:

- 5 Tier One Health Potions of Rare quality. (+40 HP)
- 1 Tier One Damage Potion of Uncommon quality. (+1 Damage)
- 1 Tier One Over-Health Potion of Special quality. (+50 HP to maximum HP for remainder of thread)
- 4 Skill Points | 2 quest + 1 thread progression + 1 event bonus
- 400col