[PP-F1] I forgot what I was doing. <<FLAF>>

The town of beginnings the starting place to the current eternity that Weed found himself living in. Weed thought it best to do the tutorial requests. The easy experience they gave made fighting monsters and the later work easier.

"Hello fair traveler, care to help an old man?" Weed nodded in agreement at the NPC. Talking was not always necessary when it came to accepting quests. Weed just wanted to get this particular one out the way. "Very well. This is the quest in question. I need you to pick up these herbs for me and make a potion."

Weed hit the accept prompt and prepared to set out. It was then that he noticed he had no clue where he was supposed to go. It would be easier for him to wait for someone that did. The amount of people that took the quest. Someone was bound to be able to offer him assistance. He sipped a potion while he waited. It was something he said would be able to help him level faster.

Spoiler

Name: Weed
Level: 1
HP: 20/20
EN: 2/2

Stats:
Damage: 1
LD: 2

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: 1 Handed Axe Vanity
Armor: Heavy Armor Vanity

Skills:
Searching [Rank 2]

Extra Skills:

Mods:

Battle Ready Inventory:
Beginner Starter Potions (3): (Heals 50 HP)
Yuuri's Grace (Consumed)

Housing Buffs:
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat.
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Skylight Searcher: +1 Expertise to declared utility skill (that being searcher).
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot. This can exceed normal Cook enhancement caps.
Working: +2 EXP to crafting attempts

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Weed: HP: 20 | EN: 2 | DMG: 1 | EVA: 0 | ACC: 0 | MIT: 0 | LD: 2 

Edited by Weed

Though she had ordered her weapon and everything, Sera needed to get a run down of the basics. Up to this point, she'd played enough video games to know that she wouldn't understand anything if she didn't do the tutorials first. Best to learn what she's getting herself into before jumping face first into danger without the slightest clue how to participate in the game. This was her first MMO after all so she wasn't really sure how these games functioned. Especially one where death is permanent and very much real.

As she approached the NPC who would give her the quest to start her journey, she noticed a very burly man standing off to the side. Maybe he was just waiting on someone to join him. Nevertheless, she would walk inside and have a quick conversation with Zakariah. He needed some materials to make medicines. Sounded like something she could easily do herself. Though the prospect of leaving the safe zone again wasn't really the best feeling. As she walked out of the building, she wondered how she would fair if she met enemies in the process.

Sera | HP:20/20 | EN:2/2 | DMG: 4 | MIT:9 | EVA:2 | ACC:1 | LD:1

Spoiler

Name: Sera
Level: 1
HP: 20/20
EN: 2/2

Stats:
Damage: 4
Mitigation: 9
Evasion: 2
Accuracy: 1
LD:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Crescendo(T1/Katana) | DMG II; Acc I
Armor: Performance Gown(T1/LA) | Eva II; MIT I
Misc: Bass(TL/Tri) | LD I; Pros II

Skills:
Curved Sword [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:

Mods:

Battle Ready Inventory:

Housing Buffs:

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

"Hold on one sec!" Weed stopped in front of a girl that had a very cool vibe to her. He figured with the pep in her step she would at least know where they would be headed to. "I am following along as I am a bit lost. I have bad directions at time." Weed did not bother to ask her which would normally count as rude. He was just in a hurry from all the time he already wasted.

He opened up his  HUD in retrospect and sent her a party request. That way it would be harder for her to kill him if she became inclined. He would not trust her but if he had someone to do all the quests with then it should be done at a much faster speed.

"The name is Weed by the way. You can accept and then lead the way." His cow ears flickered with impatience. He was already ready to depart.

Sera was surprised when the man from outside the door barged his way into her path and demanded that he come along with her. That made her excessively nervous. "O-Oh-- I, um.." She managed to stutter over his menu scrolling. A party invite came just as quickly. Weed would like to join your party. She wondered what reason he would want to join her, and there were only two obvious answers: 1) He was in need of help for the first tutorial quests, or 2) He was going to attempt to kill her.

Killing her was the least likely option of those two since he was probably the same level as her and also since he had a green cursor. "Well...I know a little so I can help you some... So here." Sera would accept the party invite and open her map as she began to walk. "You see..." She points to a section on the map and allows him to look at her screen. He can clearly see her stats and name displayed. "Most quests have a marker with where you'll need to go to complete your objective. For this one, an area around the Town of Beginnings seems to be marked, so that's where we'll go."

She would soon lead the two out to the fields where she would look to find any materials she could. She found one without taking more than a second. "They look like this. We just need five of them each."

image.png

Materials Found: 1/5

Weed listened to the explanation with rapt attention. He was not an avid gamer and only learned some of the terms by looking them up on urban dictionary before. The mapping function was interesting if they had stuff like that in real life he would. It would have made the time he helped topple the fascist government in South Africa a lot easier. At least the first three times he overthrew it. It would have been silly to not know the route afterwards.

"Thanks. If you want to stick around that is cool. Don't want to pressure you. I just think a friendly chat will make the time go faster." Weed walked over to a pile of plants and picked out the recommended herb. At the current rate of completion it would not be long till the mission was done. High experience rewards for easy missions was all he needed in life at the moment.

ID# 182155     LD: 11 + 2 = 13 (Material found)

Materials: 1/5

Edited by Weed

Sera found the tone shift of the man somewhat unexpected. He seemed like someone who wasn't much of an avid gamer compared to her, aggressive with his intentions, but then he was suddenly being a little more lax. He offered her to stay for chat while they worked on the quest, but wasn't stressing her to stay. Yet, she agreed that having someone to speak to during these dull moments would be nice and if anything attacked them, they would have strength in numbers.

"I'll stick around. This is the area for the materials anyway, so there's really no reason for me to leave unless I bother you something." Sera said a little nervously. Her confidence was never in the right place. As she spoke, she would step around for more materials, finding on near the base of a tree just waiting to be picked by a lucky owner. Unfortunately it wouldn't be for her, but it was for the experience to get started.

image.png

Material found | 2/5

Weed felt himself relax marginally. This would be a good time to interact with normal people. The chances of this girl being a Russian insurgent that followed him into the game was slim to none. If he had to play the game long term now would be the best time to get used to dealing with other people, not just the ones he deemed fun in the sac, or being a honeypot to gain intel.

"Soo... What brings you to play SAO? The full dive experience?"  Conversations without objects made him sound stiff. He could only hope the words sounded semi normal. Weed was so preoccupied with trying to talk he did not bother to look for the ingredients. Multi-tasking was never a thing he specialized in doing. "Or did you get dragged in here to play with your friends as well?"  Weed felt the inquiry was light and friendly enough.

ID# 182913     LD: 4 + 2 =  6 (Nothing found)

Materials: 1/5

Edited by Weed

Sera rubbed the back of her neck when Weed came at her with some questions. It was clear that the teen was a little on the timid side, but was capable of holding a conversation with a stranger. "I play a lot of video games in my free time, but I never really got to experience an MMO before. My thought was 'Why not try one that's also in Virtual Reality? Two new experiences in one!' and now I'm here: Somewhere I really don't belong."

Her head hung a little. Though really, it felt extremely awful to have wished this fate on someone else. For all she knew, a child much younger than her could have gotten sucked into this. There was already an orphanage in the Town of Beginnings for the young kids that got sucked up in this experience. Yet, if she had let someone else buy her copy with much more gaming experience than her, would the frontlines be closer to finishing the game?

As the conversation carried on, she too would forget to be on the look out for the bounty at hand. If they slacked off too much, they would never get done.

Materials Found | 2/5

image.png

Weed outstretched his hand to pat the girl on the head. "It is okay to be sad. Just do not give up hope. If you believe you do not belong here than make it so you do." Weed was being polite because she was a woman, back when he missioned with his squad you would be slapped till you got over it. He just felt like slapping her would give her more trauma then she needed. It could also be detrimental to his reputation.

"I mean I know all about feeling like you don't belong." Weed said lightly before stopping. Going deeper into psychological trauma at least required one of them almost dying. As he stopped speaking he remembered the mission. "Oh yeah. Cannot forget we are supposed to be collecting these plants as well." He scooped up a herb and put it away. "With this I should be tied to the current amount you have."

ID# 182913     LD: 9 + 2 =  11 (Material found)

Materials: 2/5

Edited by Weed

Sera twitched slightly as his hand reached to her head, only to find that he wished to give her a soft pat on the head. It seemed rather diminishing to something that you would do to reward a dog to another person, but it was better than what she thought was coming. For all she knew, he brought her out here to get her killed for some reason. "Th-Thanks. I'm going to do my best to make my position in this game beneficial not only for me but for everyone involved."

When the man reminded her of their quest, she started to look around again. "I imagine they disappear for awhile and take a time to respawn once they've been taken. There could be a small limit to how many can spawn in one area so might have to move around a little to find more." With luck not really on her side, Sera couldn't find anymore in this particular moment.

Materials Found | 2/5

image.png

“That would actually make the most sense. It would make the game more realistic overall as well. I have had to pick herbs in Hoia Baciu so this should be loads easier by comparison.” Weed slightly reminisced about the dangerous place as he continued to search. That forest was so creepy he would have had a heart attack by stepping on a twig, if he was not armed to the teeth with enough weapons to make an extremist group proud.

Weed felt weird trying to make small talk. “So what did you do before getting trapped in SAO? Not that you are obligated to share.” He was not really interested but his societal convention handbook mentioned recent events being popular. He could not find any herbs but really felt like he was nailing it in the conversational partner area. Weed picked up a weed that looked like the herb before placing it back down.

ID# 183168     LD: 1 + 2 =  3 (Nothing found)

Edited by Weed

The duo shifted through the brush of the forest not finding much luck in locating the next set of materials that they needed. This was going to be a little more time consuming than she initially expected. Weed would bring up what she had been doing before she got trapped inside the game. Sera shook her head somewhat nonchalantly. "I was a student in my second year of high school. I played a lot of guitar and video games in my free time, but other than that I was just an unlucky victim of this world. It's shame that such a beautiful existence is so dangerous. This place really is a marvel to be apart of, that is, if it wasn't life and death at stake."

It may have been weird to have such an opinion like that, but she couldn't help but see the world for what it was: A masterpiece of art that was brought to life so beautifully. It reminded her of when she would find just the right cords.

Materials Found : 2/5

image.png

“Some parts are beautiful and imaginative. The rest honestly looks no different from other parts of the world. I think the danger is part of what makes this place realistic.” Weed stopped talking for a second as he checked out a suspicious looking plant. After he realized the design was made to look like a marijuana bush he laughed. “My bad. I was saying the real world is just as dangerous as being in Aincrad. The main difference is that Aincrad can be a little more predictable because as everything follows the constraint of data. If you want to be more philosophical we cannot say for sure the real world does not follow set rules all the time as well. Not that I would want to think about that.”

Weed was searching for more of the required quest materials but was still having no luck. It became an annoyance as a beginner quest should not be as difficult as it was to complete. A tutorial quest should have had all the materials within an easy range of each other. Unless it was and the duo were walking in the wrong direction.

ID# 183195     LD: 7 + 2 =  9 (Nothing found)

Edited by Weed

Sera was glad that even though he saw the danger of the world, he could appreciate the point she was trying to make. It was a marvel of design that she couldn't help but pay attention to. Now that she was beginning to venture outside of the safe zones, what sort of wonderful places would she see?

"I was only really pointing out how amazed I am that something like this world can exist. Only that it's a shame that it has to be used with such ill intent as to endanger thousands of people." Sera responded, looking for more of the materials that they were farming around for. There was still nothing in sight. Sera was starting to wonder if the few were simply free or if they were really just having that bad of luck at actually finding these things. "Man, our lucky really isn't the best right now it is it?"

image.png

Materials Found: 2/5

No materials found!

Weed shook his head in agreement at the lack of herbs they were finding. “For a beginner quest line they should be a lot easier. That or we are just completely unlucky. When my little brother first did the quest he claimed to have finished it in mere minutes. So we are terrible or completely in the wrong area. The cursor does not say we are so we must just be unlucky.”

We stopped to check out a bush. At this point he was not above turning over rocks if it meant completing the quest faster. It was just becoming a tedious thing to do. Weed was also unsure if he had the social skills to continue with the conversation. He believed he was running out of things to talk about. Weed was worried he was becoming dull and boring as more time passed. He was fixed between a dilemma of trying to leave to search on his own or tough it out and stay.

ID Battle Craft Loot MOB Character Link Purpose Time
183253 6 2 2 5 Weed http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Searching for materials 2021-02-18 11:18:12

LD: 7 + 2 =  9 (Nothing found)

Edited by Weed

Weed agreed that they just weren't hitting the right lucky spot for the materials that they needed. They were inside the circle where the materials were supposed to respawn more frequently for the newer players, yet they still couldn't find anything at all.  "Well, I'm in no rush specifically. Leveling up is important, but the journey is always better than the destination. As I keep going, I'll get stronger."

Getting stronger was important to the girl, but she felt no urgency to level up as quickly as possible. If she were to rush writing all the songs that she made, they would sound absolutely awful. A quick inspection of the area caught her eye on a herb. Unfortunately, it wasn't tagged as a material though. Just when she thought that she was going to get her third. "Man, every plant is looking like one of these materials at this rate. It's getting hard for me to differentiate them."

image.png

Materials found: 2/5

No material found.

Weed understood the general gist of the girl was talking about. It meant she was all about enjoying life rather than rushing through it. It was a nice mentality to have. It was just too different from the way he grew up to be able to agree to it. If one wanted to enjoy life the way they wanted to then power was necessary. The strong got to decide the rules anywhere they went so being treated unfairly could be considered just for the weak. Even in Aincrad you could not visit the best sites unless you had a high level or a ton of Col.

Weed stopped and felt oddly dog-like as he stopped to examine another plant. His cow tail was swishing in annoyance. “There is probably some type of trick to this we are simply overlooking. I may not be in a complete rush but I feel it is embarrassing to take all day on one beginner quest. If we were even at the halfway point it would not be as embarrassing.”

183573 9 6 5 6 Weed http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Searching for materials 2021-02-22 14:46:29

LD: 5 + 2 =  7 (Nothing found)

Edited by Weed

Sera was going into full investigation mode. They'd been at this for nearly an entire hour now, so they should have found around twenty of these materials already. Searching even on the branches of trees at this point. "This doesn't seem right. There's no way someone can be so unlucky when it comes to something like this."

As she tip-toed around the area, peeking over bushes and under them as well. With an extensive search, Sera would jump in glee as she finally made a break through. Though it took crawling through a clump of bushes and covering her skirt in twigs and greenery. "Finally found one! Come look over here! I think this area over here is a good spot for it since I actually found one."

A few seconds later, the musician would drag herself through the bushes and brushed the excess off her clothing. "There we go. Hopefully we find a bigger batch this time."

image.png

found a fuckin material finally

Materials Found: 3/5

Weed was feeling light hearted at the moment. He was unable to find any of the necessary materials to complete the quest, and he felt like he was going in circles. His amusement came from the fact that his traveling companion was covered in leaves.

“I find it doubtful that a man as big as my stature would be able to crawl through the bushes like you. If you find any on that side they are all yours. I think it would be best if I took my chances with some place more giant accessible. If I had an axe or weapon it would be a different story.”

The thought of himself using an axe caused Weed to shudder. He believed he could pull off the lumberjack flannel. He just remembered how his lesbian cousin beat the snot out of him in boxing for doing it. No one asked her to be a walking stereotype.

183832 8 11 1 3 Weed http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Searching for material 2021-02-24 21:15:45

LD: 1 + 2 =  3 (Still freaking nothing found)

Edited by Weed

Although the girl extended him the offer, the bull of a man decided to let her have the area to herself. She was sure that he could make it through the brush with little resistance if he wanted. Whatever he preferred though. She would stick around and maybe help him find some if she found her own quicker. "Suit yourself then." The girl responded as she looked around for another group of materials.

It looks like this area was a good spot for materials to grow. Without much looking she was able to find herself a second material in just another minute. Perhaps as she pulled these ones up, the ones on the other side of the brush would appear for him. "Looks like I found another one. I'll just need one more then I'll be able to come over and help you find the last ones that you need." Sera shouted from her position completely covered in greenery from the shrubs that she was rummaging through.

image.png

Materials: 4/5

Material found.