[SP-F1] Seeking Power in Alchemy <<Earning a Living>>(Alchemist)

Astralin had learned of an NPC Alchemist named Evangeline Calora, who was capable of teaching players on how to become alchemists themselves. She wanted to make her own potions, she wanted to tap into this profession. Not all mages did so, but many would indeed tap into the mysteries of alchemy and potion-making. "I am SO excited about this!" She thought aloud. She would continue on the Town of Beginnings's streets, looking for the shop where she could learn to become an alchemist. She was really getting close to cracking down how far she could go, and how close she could get...once she had combat style, skill usage, and Alchemy down, the last would be to research Vanity effects, and the rest would simply be to keep on improving on all traits...and she could, in a way, see herself as a mage at long last. She currently did somewhat, but she knew she had a ways to go.

Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level: 18

Max HP: 360

Max EN: 36

Base DMG: 6(Martial Arts Rank 3[+5])

Equipment:

[T1]Gloves of the Astral Storm(1 Bleed, 1 Paralyze)[Equipped]

[T1]Sticky Ricky(3 DMG)

[T1]Alkarina's Resolve(2 EVA, 1 REC)[Equipped]

[T1]Amulet of Aknossoth(2 ACC, 1 REC)[Equipped]

Skills:

First Aid Rank 3

Martial Arts Rank 3

The Town of Beginnings really was bustling as usual, but all that foot traffic was unlikely to stop Astralin. She waded through the usual crowds, but eventually the size of the crowd lessened to a tolerable size as Astralin continued along...and then she saw someone who seemed very familiar... She began to walk closer as to get a better view of the individual, and she would indeed recognize the person.

Spoiler

Clerisse.png.78a41b2009fa4f242c111b2129670fc3.png

Astralin's jaw dropped. "Pisces...?" She said as she exhaled in surprise. Without further ado, she ran over to her friend who she recognized. "Pisces!!!" She called out as she rushed over. The girl looked shocked upon seeing Astralin, contrary to Astralin's excitement of seeing a familiar friend, despite all the danger they were in by being trapped in a virtual prison like this. "L-Libra...?" She uttered out. Astralin hugged her, then jumped up and down with excitement after letting go of her. "It's been so long, I'm so happy to see you! How are you?" She asked. 

The girl, who was indeed one of Astralin's real world friends, Pisces, had trouble coming up with words to say at the immediate moment. After a few seconds passed, she spoke. "I- Um, I'm doing well, I guess... But...h-how are you happy to see me? We're both trapped in this place, and we...we can actually die...." The young woman shook slightly, terrified as she reminded herself of her situation. "Pisces, Pisces, it's ok, I'm alive and well, and so are you!" Astralin responded. She hoped to cheer her up. "You know what we say, especially when times get tough. 'The Stars bring The Light...' " " 'To both Day and Night', yes, I know the saying, Aries started it ever since her mother suggested it...I just...I'm worried, you know?"

After Pisces finished the saying and gave her thoughts, Astralin let out a soft chuckle. Same ol' cautious shy girl as she often was...

Astralin placed her hand on her friend's shoulder. "Well, hey, we can keep in touch now, I'll send you a friend request! Oh, I go by Astralin in this game, by the way." She reassured. Pisces hesitated to reveal her own username, still shocked that she was actually talking with her long lost friend in a world like this. "I, um, I go by Clerisse...I...I'm taking the path of the Cleric, but with a...erm, a spear..." She revealed. Astralin would not hesitate to send the friend request, though it took three tries for her to correctly spell it as she was rushing. Clerisse was slow to accept. "You...really haven't changed much, have you, Libra?" Pisces remarked. "I could say the same for you, keeping up with your own preference just fine. Using a spear in place of a staff? I can understand...though it was difficult for me to find which offense skill I could make use of..." Astralin responded.

"Oh...right, you prefer to be a mage yourself. How have you been...um, handling it? W-without your magic, of course..." Clerisse asked. "Martial Arts skill. I imagine myself having a mystical energy coursing through my body, and I can channel and distribute it in Damage by physical contact. Healing? Often uses physical contact, but that's not necessary." Astralin explained. Clerisse seemed to understand. "You sure know how to come to a world without magic from one where magic was everything..." She remarked. "A-anything else you were hoping to do? I know I'm still considering taking up alchemy as I often did..." Astralin's eyes perked up. "Same here! We can search for Evangeline together, and even take the quest together! Who knows what we could find, and we can even share our findings with each other!" Astralin exclaimed. "I've got a self-written book where I keep my research notes, I hope it helps!" She offered.

Clerisse looked a bit surprised. "Y-you want to be an Alchemist too? Ah, it must be for the sake of the mage aesthetic...makes sense, I guess..." She remarked. "I would like to see those notes though, at some point, it may help me with my own research. I-I'll tell you a realistic recipe for a healing salve though, so it won't be one sided..." She added.

With that, Astralin and Clerisse would begin moving towards where Evangeline was located together. Eventually, they would come across a humble tent. "I think this might be it." Astralin noted. This was indeed the place.

Cardinal's timing couldn't have been better, it practically knew why the two players came in the first place, as a wise-looking, aged woman would come out of the tent. "Hello Dears, I see you two are in need of a profession, may I interest you both in Alchemy?" She said with a sweet smile on her face, and a vial of rainbow liquid pulsating in her hand. "Now, I know it may seem very sciencey and scary, but I believe you can do it! And I hope you feel the same way." She said as she gestured for the two players to enter the tent.

The two players entered the tent, and the NPC would begin to show them a little on how it worked, assisting with the very basics. She did so very elegantly and precisely, and the two players watched very carefully, gleaning everything they could. However, the NPC would run out of materials during this process. "Now, I can teach you all about it sweeties, but I seem to have ran out of some of my precious materials to give you a how-to on crafting, would you both be a dear and run off to get me some? I think all I need is five for each of you, and I can help you on your way! Feel free to bring in any special ingredients if you can find any." She said sweetly to the two players, clearly happy that they were willing to take on her noble profession. Astralin smiled back. "Will do, we'll be back soon!" She responded.

Edited by Astralin

With that, Astralin and Clerisse would leave the tent and make haste for the wilds. It would be a fair amount of time before they could reach their destination, however.

When they finally did so, Astralin had a question or two for her friend. "So, Pisces, Evangeline said we could feel free to gather and bring over special ingredients if we find any. Is it part of the quest, or is it just optional? Are there any you know about as of the moment?" She pulled out her Alchemical Research Book as she asked the questions. "I believe it's just optional... Though despite her talents and skill, she seems to be...on somewhat hard times. We should probably seek out unique ingredients anyway, just for her sake. We might be able to prepare ourselves more by helping her out further, if the system will let us." Clerisse answered. Well, there was an idea, as well as inspiration for a good deed.

"I happen to have heard of a place with some of the rarer materials that can be found on this floor, but they are not abundant as with many gathering hotspots...nevertheless, are you willing to take that chance?" Clerisse offered. "Sure, let's do it!" Astralin responded with a smile.

Such a lack of abundance would make sense, higher chance of finding something good, at a cost of generally finding anything at all. Good luck with that 30% success rate, Astralin, you're going to need it.

The two players would begin the trek to the specified place. Astralin would look around her along the way, but the effort turned out to be rather fruitless, as she found nothing that she recognized as an alchemy material. Maybe when she got there, she would find something...or maybe her luck would remain the same. It would be better for everyone if the result was the former.

ID# 183208 LD: 10(nothing found)

Edited by Astralin
  • 1 month later...

Astralin would continue to follow Clerisse. "If I remember correctly, the place I speak of should be in a clearing within one of the floor's forests." Clerisse explained. Astralin smiled, knowing that Clerisse was starting to feel comfortable again. She always felt sorry for Clerisse, because she was always the shy sort, nervous around new people and certain situations. Of course, there were plenty of times where she would be more courageous, or when all that was bottled up within her suddenly rose out...or even, those few times when she delivered sick burns and roasts. Then again, Astralin was very surprised to hear the words she'd said back in that WoW raid all those years ago...my, was she one angry healer that night. Astralin looked around her, keeping an eye out for alchemy materials. So far, there didn't seem to be any...was there a likely reason for this particular shortage? 

ID# 187308 LD: 8(failed)

Edited by Astralin

"It's been too long since we talked, Pisces. Is there anything else you want to talk about? You know, to pass the time." Astralin asked. Clerisse, as anticipated, hesitated and she slowed her pace a bit, too. "Um...I...ahh..." Uh oh, looks like we were back to shy nervousness with her. "P-perhaps we could...um...talk about...w-who we m-miss?" Clerisse eventually uttered out. "I do miss the others...oh, gosh, I think I even miss Scorpio." Astralin noted, with a smile breaking out on her face, and a chuckle following that. "...Scorpio and his perseverance...it was both virtue and flaw, to me. I admired his willingness to keep working toward his hopes, but I don't miss his frequent attempts to flirt with some of us despite rejection..." Clerisse remarked. "Brave words...maybe it's because there's just us walking around here, like Scorpio wasn't around...I mean, I'm sure he's not in this game..." Astralin commented as the two players walked, still having found nothing so far.

ID# 187310 LD: 11(failed)

Edited by Astralin

Astralin wasn't done speaking, but she was thinking of what to say next. "Did Scorpio actually try to get with you once? I think he tried with each one of the female members of our unofficial group, but I could be wrong." She guessed. "I gave him a soft rejection, and a verse. He never tried for me again since then...but there was one he never gave up on." Clerrise explained. Both would say the next word at the same time, "Virgo". After a bit of silence, Astralin spoke again. "Do you think he would have been persistent with me as well, if I wasn't dating Leo?" Astralin wondered. This proved to be difficult for Clerisse to answer. "He might have...I'm not sure. You and Virgo were both used to all sorts of things...I'm actually sure you'd have both gotten plenty of love letters or confessions if not for the names being an issue...n-not that our names were anything wrong!" 

Astralin placed a hand on her friend's shoulder. "I totally get it. This name of mine, as much as I love it, has gotten a lot of negative attention to it. It was practically a neat coincidence the way our group formed, and yet..." Her voice trailed off a bit. She'd barely been made fun of from her name alone, but with the group...well, it was such a coincidence that all twelve of them, including Astralin, had verbal targets on their backs for a long, long time.

Astralin thought she saw something up in a tree, so she tried to climb it. She fell, but it wasn't enough of a distance to cause fall damage...the next problem was, however, that she landed onto a startled animal. "Whoa, whoa whoOOOAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!"

ID# 187311 LD: 1 FAIL

Edited by Astralin

Astralin couldn't tell what animal this was, as she was focused on holding on for dear life. She could hear Clerisse's voice, but for the moment, Astralin and whatever animal Astralin had fallen onto began tumbling onto the ground, rolling down a short hill and into some bushes...bushes that had quite a few smaller animals inside, even a few birds that got startled and flew out. Astralin grabbed hold of something, and lifted it up, out of the bush, primarily to signal to Clerisse that she was okay, and also that she found a material of sorts...but then a larger bird stole the material from Astralin, putting the icing on the cake of this unfortunate chain reaction. Astralin got herself out of the bush, with an irritated expression on her face. She pulled out a brush from her inventory and got the leaves and tiny sticks out of her hair, and was ready to continue on. "Ok, let's hope there will be no more chain reactions from here..." The animal that Astralin had fallen onto, which turned out to be a boar, was not intending to stick around. It ran off, squealing like it was assaulted by a maniac. Well, that was one way to be in agreement for being against chain reactions.

ID# 187314 LD: 1 FAIL

Edited by Astralin