[F2 - PP] Bee In Her Bonnet (Starla, Yuki)

Starla decided today was a good a day as any to take on the second floor. She hadn't ventured off of the first yet and she had barely had her first combat, but she was feeling a little better. She was not exceptionally bad in combat and she seemed to have a decent handle on things. Her HP was quite low compared to other people she had seen, but she was hopeful that she might be able to catch up to some of the others. And the only way to do that was to take on as many quests as possible. The only thing she worried about was her ability to defend. It was certainly not great, but Starla had faith she could get through it. How bad could it be?

Starla finally got to the second floor and it was exceptional. The scenery was amazing and was filled with various lush greenery. It was a mountainous area, so there was quite a big area to explore. She was excited to see that Aincrad would have a high variance between floors and what their environments were like. It made her all the more motivated to get moving with the front runners and start clearing floors to find the next place. It was not luxurious by any means and all the dirt was... Well gross, but Starla's excitement counters her disgust by a high caliber.

She had accepted a quest to try and fight the field boss for this floor, which she was sure she couldn't face on her own. She figured fighting some enemies here would help her gather a little group to take it on. She felt as though she had been lucky encountering good allies on her quests and she was certain that if nothing else, someone would help her out with this quest if she asked. But she decided to try and branch out. The few allies she had made were excellent, but she was committed to trying to gather together as many allies as possible so she would never be alone. She sat in an area for a little while watching a small party defeat a Wind Wasp. She was somewhat waiting for the field boss to show up, but she had heard that the rate of its appearance was fairly low. Maybe this small party was doing the same quest? All the same, she kept to herself and looked around for anyone who might be a useful ally.

Spoiler

Starla
Level: 4
HP: 80/80
EN: 8/8

Stats:
DMG: 4
MIT: 5
EVA: 1
KEEN: 1

Equipped Gear:
<<Glory In Death>> (T1, Perfect, DMG II, KEEN I)
<<Leather Armor>> (T1, Uncommon, EVA I)

Skills:
Light Armor [Rank 1]

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Potion (x5)

Edited by Starla

It all started here. Only a few months had passed by and the paladin had grown from a caterpillar into a butterfly. An unmovable porcupine butterfly but whatever. Floor two, the first quest she ever completed was here. Mari was such a nice person to her and she had stressed the woman out so much with her recklessness. She was always so thick skulled back in the day.

The paladin wandered floor two without her armor and nothing but a simple sweatshirt and skirt to accompany her to the Wind Wasps spawn. As she stepped through the path, she noticed a girl watching someone take it on before her eyes. Any reasonable player would jump in and take a hit at it to get participation rewards for the kill. She was just waiting her turn, and honestly, Yuki could kind of respect it.

The paladin would carefully step next to her, watching the fledgling players plan around the tank's skills to make sure that he didn't die while the dps through everything at the boss. A smile graced her lips. "They're doing really good." She said just as they finished it off. The team gathered their rewards and moved on. "Well, are you going to give it a try? If you need a tank, I can do it for you."

Spoiler

Name: Zajčica
Level: 68
HP: 1360/1360
EN: 136/136

Stats:
Damage: 19
Mitigation: 81
Accuracy: 3
BH:68
TAUNT

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Trap of Argalia (T3/Perfect/THAS): DMG III
Armor: Nothing equipped
Misc: La Black Luna (TL/Perfect/Trin): ACC III

Skills:
One-Handed Straight Sword [Rank 1]
Heavy Armor [Rank 5]
Two-Handed Assault Spear [Rank 5]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Parry [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Block [Rank 5]
Extended Mod Limit III [Obtained]
Searching [Rank 2]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Mastery: Defender
Survival

Mods:
Athletics
Stonewall
Rampart
Vengeful Riposte
Emergency Recovery
Mark
Focused Howl

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleportation Crystal*1
Immolation+2*5
Ration+2*4
Jack's Plate (T3/Perfect/HA): Fl. Aura II; Taunt

Housing Buffs:
Well Rested: -1 energy cost for the first three expenditures of each combat
Squeaky Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 25% (rounded down)
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Tasty: Turn 2 identical food items into a Lesser Feast. A Lesser Feast contains 4 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Angler: +1 material gained when fishing
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:
Kumatetsu Statue: +1 Base Damage for a thread

Wedding Ring:

Starla was so absorbed in seeing the small party fight the Wind Wasp that she was caught by surprise as someone saying something to her. She quickly turned to the other girl and put a hand on her chest. "Oh my goodness... You scared me for a minute there." Starla twirled a finger in her hair looking over the one who was in front of her. They weren't wearing any armor yet had the confidence to say something like they would tank for her. Something seemed a bit off about their statement, but her merchant's senses were going off inside of her head. This person was certainly a good fit for her. Starla stood up and cocked her head a little to the side, seeming a bit confused. "You aren't going to be tanking without armor though, are you? I'd worry about putting you in danger otherwise." If Starla's intuition was right about this person, they were exceptionally strong and she wanted them.

@Zajcica

Yuki simply grinned. A moment went by before the field boss would respawn so she could at least humor the idea that something on this floor might actually tickle her. "If armor made the tank, I don't think I'd be alive. It can do a lot, but a truly good tank is smart and calculated. Assurance that nothing you face could ever overcome you."

The moment the boss spawned, the paladin whirred around, still wearing nothing but a white sweater and a black skirt, completely unarmed and activated her Focused Howl. The glowing pulse of gold and pink radiated from her body like a cascading sun, brilliant and bright. The Wasp's attention was drawn to her instantly.

With rushed speed, the wasp darted straight past the completely stationary, tiny tank. She couldn't help but laugh at the bumbling excuses Tier 1 bosses were for bosses. "Aw come on man, I wasn't even moving and you couldn't hit me." The paladin taunted, a wide grin painted on her expression.

image.png

Spoiler

[4]Zajčica | HP: 1360/1360 | EN: 130/136 -(6) | DMG: 19 | MIT: 81 | ACC: 3 | LD: 2 | BH: 68
[0]Starla | -stats here-

Wind Wasp | 50/50 | 20 DMG

Yuki uses Focused Howl!

Before Starla could even react to the fact that this girl was going to tank with no armor, she let out as what seemed like an aura of bright gold and pink blew in the direction of the field boss spawning. Starla blinked as she looked at the skill. It was incredible. She had never seen anything like it and she was completely baffled that something like that existed. She wasn't sure what exactly it did, but she hoped it would draw the boss away from her. And that is exactly what it did. With incredible speed, Starla saw the Wasp Queen zoom toward the girl but did not make contact. She taunted the boss and Starla couldn't help but smile at her comment. This girl was gaining favor with her every moment she spoke.

Starla attempted a swing at the wasp after it flew at the girl, attempting to predict where the wasp was going to go. She slashed as the wasp zoomed past her, a clean cut appearing on it, and the health bar of it going down just a bit. She smiled, looking at the small gash she made in the wasp. Maybe this wasn't going to be as hard as she thought. They moved quickly, but they were not exceptionally smart. Starla kept this on her mind as she readied herself for the next blow she was going to inflict.

ID - 183554
BD - 6 [Hit! - Damage: 4]

Spoiler

[4]Zajčica | HP: 1360/1360 | EN: 130/136 -(6) | DMG: 19 | MIT: 81 | ACC: 3 | LD: 2 | BH: 68
[1]Starla |HP 80/80 | EN: 7/8 | DMG: 4 | MIT: 5 | EVA: 1 | KEEN: 1

Wind Wasp | 46/50 | 20 DMG

Edited by Starla

Fighting was always an infectiously fun thing for her. When she was in the thrill of battle, she could push away all her problems even if just for moment to clear her mind. Watching the lower level partner she had take a swing at the beast she knew that this was going to take some time. If Night knew what she was doing, she would bash her over the head. Yet all she was doing was standing and helping the other player. As her focus grew, so did her bright and beautiful radiance. Already, the paladin was starting to get hard to look at, almost making the girl like the sun.

"Fight without fear, my friend. I am the shield to your sword! I would die before this thing harms you. And I won't die." The serious demeanor of a front liner in battle over took the girl. She hoped that wouldn't scare the girl.

The Wasp continued to miss the immobile girl. Yuki yawned as things stayed boring. She took a seat on in the grass and looked over to Starla. "So, what's your name and why are you leveling?"

image.png

Spoiler

[8]Zajčica | HP: 1360/1360 | EN: 125/136 -(6)+1 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 81 | ACC: 3 | LD: 2 | BH: 68
[1]Starla |HP 80/80 | EN: 7/8 -1 | DMG: 4 | MIT: 5 | EVA: 1 | KEEN: 1

Yuki used Focused Howl!

Starla looked as the aura of light around her tank grew even brighter, making Starla feel herself squint a little bit before her eyes adjusted. Was this the power of a tank in the game? Goodness... Maybe she should've gone for a full tank build rather than plan to go with a dagger DPS build. Starla sighed. Oh well. This is alright though. I'll make things work in my own way. Just have to make sure I make the right choices with skills and improve my personal skill with my blade. As Starla watched the wasp miss once again, she smiled. This tank must have exceptional luck or this wasp was just plain stupid.

Starla went in for a slice once again, feeling her accuracy rise a small bit due to her previous hit. Maybe she got a greater understanding of the tactics for fighting this enemy? As that thought crossed her mind, the wasp flew past her and the previous tactic didn't work. It seemed she would have to try out something else if she wished to bring down the wasp. As she missed, she huffed a little and smiled at the tank. "Name's Starla. Decided I'd try to join the front lines because I wanted to stop pitying myself. Why are you here? You seem like a high level for someone on the second floor."

ID - 183550
BD: 1 + 1 [Keen] = 2 [Miss!]

Spoiler

[8]Zajčica | HP: 1360/1360 | EN: 125/136 -(6)+1 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 81 | ACC: 3 | LD: 2 | BH: 68
[1]Starla | HP 80/80 | EN: 6/8 -2 [Miss] +1 [Turn Regeneration] | DMG: 4 | MIT: 5 | EVA: 1 | KEEN: 1

Edited by Starla

Yuki's comfortable spot on the ground was enough to keep her relaxed. Surely Night wouldn't be able to complain about this since she was helping a low level player but doing nothing other than relaxing. Starla took a swing and missed, but Yuki simply smiled her on in encouragement. "Don't let failure be a wall. Improvement is a long staircase, every step etched into you as you look on it as nothing but muscle memory."

The moment the girl mentioned frontlining, Yuki's expression fell. She didn't want to scare this girl, but she too had the appeal and it would be unfair for her to not make clear what she was doing. "Starla, you are commendable. However, I need to bring your head down from the clouds. Being a front liner, is not bubblegum and roses." Yuki said, making it clear that she knew the experience first hand. The wrinkle of her expression sending the welcoming smile packing. "You will train, grind, level and cry on your way to reach the level front liners are capable of. It's a crawl through broken glass, barbed wire and sandpaper with the reward of possible death. I don't mean to dampen your spirits, but your feet must be on the ground, not in the clouds. If you truly have the drive to be a frontliner, dedicate yourself to becoming stronger, cause nothing short of devotion will get you there. Please don't stress yourself and rush to join a suicide squad. I may be one of the toughest tanks Aincrad has seen to this point, but I'm not invincible." She hoped that her words wouldn't cause dismay.

"But!" Yuki's smile returned as the Wasp narrowly missed her again. "We can get as close as perfect as possible so that we all might see the real world again one day. Look for those who be friends with similar ambitions. Make friends and become stronger together for the sake of everyone in this prison." Yuki would then open her menu and send the noob player a friend request, hoping that that would make up for the dreary exchange that she just had. 

"As for me, us front liners have a difficult time that's tireless grinding some times. I'm currently taking a break and just going on strolls these days until the team is ready to rush the boss room."

image.png

Spoiler

[8]Zajčica | HP: 1360/1360 | EN: 126/136 +1 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 81 | ACC: 3 | LD: 2 | BH: 68
[1]Starla | HP 80/80 | EN: 6/8 | DMG: 4 | MIT: 5 | EVA: 1 | KEEN: 1

Starla looked at the tank as she explained that being a tank was definitely not what it was cracked up to be. Starla kind of huffed as she tried to lecture her on why going into the front line wasn't such a good idea. However, Starla figured it would be anything but a suicide squad if someone like this girl was there. She was certain that if she attained the level that this girl had, there would be many others with many different builds who would help keep things from going badly. Starla's outlook was optimistic, but she never felt as though it was unattainable. This girl was a prime example that with hard work, she could get there. She wasn't sure how long it was going to take, but she wasn't going to throw her life away on a whim. Starla decided to skip commenting on the lecturing part to save face. "I intend to make friends and grow with them, just as I'm sure you've done. I've made a few already that I hope will help me move in levels somewhat quickly. This battle should help too." She saw the friend request screen pop up and she quickly hit yes before positioning herself to attack once again, hoping she could release a little bit of the residual frustration she had.

Starla swung and felt herself really hone into it. Her blade swung true and she felt like her attack was a bit more effective this time around. Not just because of her weapon, but she felt like she had made a pretty good hit on this wasp. A little more health dropped off the enemy and she smiled. She was getting the hang of combat and she hoped she could continue like this. But she was also aware that part of the reason she was doing so well was because she didn't have anything to worry about with this enemy. It wasn't going to attack her and so she was in no danger. It was frustrating to admit it, but this person was right. Maybe she was getting ahead of herself.

ID - 183554
BD: 10 + 1 = 11 [Critical + 2! - DMG:6]

Spoiler

[8]Zajčica | HP: 1360/1360 | EN: 126/136 +1 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 81 | ACC: 3 | LD: 2 | BH: 68
[3]Starla | HP 80/80 | EN: 6/8 -1 [Hit] +1 [Turn Regeneration] | DMG: 4 | MIT: 5 | EVA: 1 | KEEN: 1

Wind Wasp | 40/50 | 20 DMG

Edited by Starla

"Arrogance breed ignorance, Starla. In the end, your life is yours and I cannot tell you what to but, I am telling you from experience: This game is not a game. You may as well see every pixel as nothing more than the real world. It's deceiving you to think you're safe and you are at your most vulnerable. Anything could give you a mean look and end your life. Please be cautious on your way to meet my peers. Not everyone is perfect and there are arguements but we're the only hope for the game. We have to be brave and strong." That was enough lecturing from the 24 year old crone. She would stand and smile brightly again, as if their conversation never happened. "I'm on leave right now, so as long as I help you fight things where I can just stand around, I don't mind helping you with anything! Please don't be afraid to message me any time after this. Front liners are still people too."

As she stood, the wasp had an easier time aiming an attack. It's stinger pierced her breast, sticking all the way through to her back. if she was wearing her armor it would have imploded into fire and ice and thorns. Yet, it was a critical so it wouldn't have mattered. Yuki simply grabbed it by it's stinger and dislodged it from her model, tossing the buzzing boss aside. "So you aren't blind. Glad to see it." She taunted further.

image.png

Spoiler

[3]Starla | HP 80/80 | EN: 6/8 -1 [Hit] +1 [Turn Regeneration] | DMG: 4 | MIT: 5 | EVA: 1 | KEEN: 1

Wind Wasp | 40/50 | 20 DMG

Starla could agree that this game was surely her reality. This dawned on her many many many times over the past 8 years. It was a large reason for her to start going into action. Starla looked at her with an upset expression. "If you think I'm not aware that this game is as much a reality as the real world is, I think you're severely underestimating me." Yes, my resolve is strong. Yes, I know it's going to be dangerous. Yes, I have no idea just HOW dangerous. But I have to try for myself, at least. "I can't simply sit around and let this game play me." Starla gripped her dagger and quietly said, "I swear to god, I'll stab that swindler one day." This game had taken away all of the pleasure and the luxury of her life and she'll be damned if she wasn't going to make someone pay for it.

Starla dashed to the wasp once again, attempting a swing. Maybe this conversation with this girl was bringing out something else in her, but she could feel her attack connect in a pretty critical spot as she saw the health of the wasp go down some more again. She wasn't going to let this thing get the best of her. She was going to prove herself to this girl. Even if it had to take all day.

ID - 183558
BD: 9 [Critical +1! - DMG: 5] [Keen I Re-Activated!]

Spoiler

[8]Zajčica | HP: 1360/1360 | EN: 126/136 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 81 | ACC: 3 | LD: 2 | BH: 68
[5]Starla | HP 80/80 | EN: 6/8 -1 [Hit] +1 [Turn Regeneration] | DMG: 4 | MIT: 5 | EVA: 1 | KEEN: 1

Wind Wasp | 35/50 | 20 DMG

Edited by Starla

Yuki's brow furrowed as the girl did her best to share Yuki's resolve of a three month younger her. A naivete that anyone can fall into. She simply wanted to protect this girl from dangerous thoughts like she went through. Was this what Mari went through with her recklessness and flaws? How would Mari handle this situation? She would bash Yuki over the head and demand that she start thinking like a normal person without suicidal tendencies hidden under bravado. Should she try it to get through to this girl or would softer touch be more applicable.

"Oi. I never once said you aren't good enough. The game is playing you because you're allowing to and it still is even to this moment. You know why? You're playing it like a game." Yuki's face was stern now, as rock hard as her armor. "'You're underestimating me.'" The paladin implicated. "Jeez you really are thinking like the old me. Having resolve is one thing, but think before you say stupid shit that gets you killed. Are you saying you want me to let the boss start attacking you? Could you handle that? No. You can't. I've been in your shoes before and you're not thinking like a front liner. Get off the mind set before it kills you."

image.png

Spoiler

[8]Zajčica | HP: 1359/1360 -1+1 | EN: 126/136 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 81 | ACC: 3 | LD: 2 | BH: 68
[5]Starla | HP 80/80 | EN: 6/8 -1 [Hit] +1 [Turn Regeneration] | DMG: 4 | MIT: 5 | EVA: 1 | KEEN: 1

Starla looked at the girl as she continued to tell her what to do. Who was she to tell her what to think? She understood it was dangerous, but there was no escape if she didn't do something. She could wait for people to break her out of the game, but the more people that joined in getting to the top floor meant the sooner they could break out and get back to their old lives. Starla looked and Yuki and looked highly upset. "I don't care how much you think you know me or how much danger I'm going to put myself in, but you don't. If you really wanted to teach me a lesson, you wouldn't be helping me. But that's the thing. I won't be doing this alone. Yes, I'm scared of dying. I've been scared. Almost every day, but you. You have absolutely no right to tell me what to do and what to think. I don't know who you are and you didn't even have the courtesy to tell me your name. I'm grateful for your help with this, I am. But I know I can't do this alone. I know I won't survive if I fight this alone, but if I do it together with other people, I can live. Or... I can try." Starla softened her expression as she went after the wasp again. "I just want my old life back."

Starla slashed and swung exceptionally wide. It must've been because she could feel small tears welling up in her eyes. But she couldn't give up. What would that say about her at this point if she just gave up? She'd be pathetic. She'd be worthless.

ID - 183561
BD: 2 + 1 [Keen] = 3 [Miss!]

Spoiler

[8]Zajčica | HP: 1359/1360 -1+1 | EN: 126/136 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 81 | ACC: 3 | LD: 2 | BH: 68
[5]Starla | HP 80/80 | EN: 5/8 -2 [Miss] +1 [Turn Regeneration] | DMG: 4 | MIT: 5 | EVA: 1 | KEEN: 1

Edited by Starla

Yuki stood with her arms crossed as Starla bit back at her. It was clear that the girl didn't respond very well to this, but that didn't mean it might not be insightful the truth hurts more than anything and she was putting up a barrier to protect that ideal she has in her mind.

"I assumed you would look at it when I sent the friend request, please forgive my terrible rudeness. I am Yuki Mikoto, 24, Japanese born. I guess now I would be 32. I'm losing count of the years. I never said that you should give it up and go wait to be saved. I just want you to be cautious as you're getting stronger. There are people working hard like you to reach the front lines. I'm apart of it and I don't even feel like a peer amongst the people there. I have to continue my time here and become stronger so I can see the other side again. But I promise you that you would do better to open your outlook and be more open with your feelings." A short pause interspersed her words. "After this, I will leave you be and you can train in peace. I'm deeply apologize for ruining your day and doubting your resolve."

Yuki would then return to her job as tank. The more Starla struck the hornet, the duller her shine became, only until she reactivated that glow. Once she was done, she would turn away from Starla sure that she had struck feelings that she shouldn't have. Her back faced the boss and the other person in the fight. This weakness, if you could call it that, left her open to being pierced by the wasps stinger.

image.png

Spoiler

[12]Zajčica | HP: 1359/1360 -1+1 | EN: 129/136 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 81 | ACC: 3 | LD: 2 | BH: 68
[5]Starla | HP 80/80 | EN: 5/8 -2 [Miss] +1 [Turn Regeneration] | DMG: 4 | MIT: 5 | EVA: 1 | KEEN: 1

Yuki activates Focused Howl.

Starla watched as this girl who decided it was her place to tell her off suddenly turned away from her, seeming upset. Shouldn't she be the one whose feelings were hurt? Starla was extraordinarily confused by Yuki's behavior. "Are you... Kidding me?" Starla suddenly got angry, running to the other side of Yuki. "You come in here and pick a fight with me and then turn away when I seem upset? What kind of convincing is that? How are you ever going to achieve your goal if you give up when the going gets tough? Hmph. I bet the people who keep you around are sad that you give up on them so quickly." Starla was surprised to hear those words come out of her mouth, but she still said it all the same. This was both a statement for herself and for Yuki in her eyes. Starla opened her mouth and shut it before quietly saying, "I'm sorry, that was too much."

Starla pursed her lips a bit and took a deep breath. She smacked herself on the face and immediately regretted it. She shook her head a little bit and the little pain she inflicted on herself was enough to get herself out of her funk. "I get you're a seasoned adventurer, but I guess the lesson you're trying to teach is only one I can learn through experience. If I have to put myself in harm's way to become the best, so be it. If I wasn't good enough to rise up to the challenge, I don't deserve to exist in this stagnant prison." Starla furrowed her brow and leaped at the wasp. "And I'm choosing to rise up." Starla's blow struck true once again, a small piece of HP falling once more.

ID - 183565
BD: 8 + 1 [Keen] = 9 [Hit! - DMG 4]

Spoiler

[12]Zajčica | HP: 1359/1360 -1+1 | EN: 129/136 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 81 | ACC: 3 | LD: 2 | BH: 68
[6]Starla | HP 79/80 | EN: 5/8 -1 [Hit] +1 [Turn Regeneration] | DMG: 4 | MIT: 5 | EVA: 1 | KEEN: 1

Wind Wasp | 31/50 | 20 DMG

Edited by Starla

"You come in here and pick a fight with me and then turn away when I seem upset? What kind of convincing is that? How are you ever going to achieve your goal if you give up when the going gets tough? Hmph. I bet the people who keep you around are sad that you give up on them so quickly."

The paladin had no words. She had over stepped her boundaries and offended the woman. Mari and Shield we're much better teachers than her. Yuki had a skull thicker than titanium and an attitude to match in battle. It was hard to teach someone the necessity of safety when you were a walking contradiction to it.  "I'm sorry, that was too much." The girl quickly apologized.

"If I was giving up, I would have walked away already." The paladin claimed, continuing to sit in her quiet seat of contemplation. "I clearly have over asserted myself to you as someone who understands the struggle and hardship of feeling like you're stagnating away, but if that's all you put ahead of yourself, you're going trip and fall. When I was leveling up, I nearly died more times than I can count on my fingers." The paladin paused, thinking of those times. The two headed snake had brought her to 1% HP, the serpent of the swamps swallowed her whole, event bosses had strained her tanking abilities to their maximum. A quick shake of her head brought her mind back on the topic at hand. Her eyes glowed as bright as the aura around her, almost as if her hate generation was seething through to Starla. Just like Shield had done to get her to listen. "If you consume yourself with the destination, the journey will destroy you one way or another."

image.png

Spoiler

[6]Starla | HP 79/80 | EN: 5/8 -1 [Hit] +1 [Turn Regeneration] | DMG: 4 | MIT: 5 | EVA: 1 | KEEN: 1

Starla looked at Yuki and burned her gaze into her, just as her statement had done the same to her. "Fine. I will take things slow. But my ultimate goal will be to reach the place that you and the others stand at now." I'll get to your current position and then I'll prove to you that I am more capable. I can't throw caution to the wind if I want to show this girl my resolve. Starla pointed at Yuki. "If you truly want to ensure that I don't throw myself away, I want you to train with me once every few weeks." This is a big ask, but you cannot do business without first asking. "As I said, this journey won't be alone. I will put trust in those around me and come out on top." Starla clenched her dagger and dashed after the wasp once more. Even if Yuki says no, this will at least let her know that I want her around. She is powerful and I can only imagine how much stronger she'll get. She must have someone next to her that is just as strong. I will stand next to her some day, looking down on that disgusting figure.

Starla swung wide, the wasp keeping its gaze focused on the one which had done no damage to it. This was not convincing Yuki to help her. What a disappointment.

ID - 183845
BD: 4 [Miss!]

Spoiler

[6]Starla | HP 79/80 | EN: 4/8 -2 [Miss] +1 [Turn Regeneration] | DMG: 4 | MIT: 5 | EVA: 1 | KEEN: 1

Edited by Starla

158978.gifYuki stood from her seat, barely intimidated by Starla's intensified gaze. "Very well, I was brought up as a tank, but I've spent enough time around other damage players to know how you should build. Dagger is a tough choice for weapon based on it's stats, but I've seen players who can make it work. We're going to build up your evasion, maximize your damage and get you some utility damage." The paladin as she faced the opponent at hand. "Now, if we're going to get to real training, then we should end this things life and get you some actual gear. Whatever it costs, I'll pay for it."

With the snap of the finger, Yuki's lance materialized from it's hammer space into her hand. A quick swing to warm up her arm and grin on her face, she charged forward with blinding speed. Her over sized clothing flailing in the wind, the spear launched ahead of her flaying the bee onto the end and into a tree. It exploded into nothing. "Once you have gear, you'll be able to kill something like that in just a few attacks. Aincrad is all numbers."

image.png

Dimension Stampede deals 15x19 damage to the Wind Wasp.

Spoiler

[12]Zajčica | HP: 1359/1360 -1+1 | EN: 113/136 -17| DMG: 19 | MIT: 81 | ACC: 3 | LD: 2 | BH: 68
[6]Starla | HP 79/80 | EN: 4/8 -2 [Miss] +1 [Turn Regeneration] | DMG: 4 | MIT: 5 | EVA: 1 | KEEN: 1

Starla was about to comment on the fact that she didn't need someone who was going to be her benefactor, but before she could protest Yuki destroyed the enemy before her with blinding speed and damage. Starla wanted to say that she wanted to kill it, but it was taking too long. Yuki was almost 20 times her level, so she could only imagine the kind of damage she could do when she reached that level as a DPS rather than a tank. It truly was jarring to see a flash of a lance and then the enemy she was struggling with to just disappear. She had seen it games plenty of times before, but this time was much more raw. Maybe it was because she hadn't experienced this in 8 years that it made her feel a bit small. However, she wasn't giving into that feeling. She would let Yuki give her advice and help her. It was what she had asked for and even more. The quest window popped up for her saying that it had been completed and she sighed. The quest was a success and she had found a powerful ally, but why did she feel as though she had lost?

Starla nodded and walked up to Yuki. "If you really can give me such excellent gear, I won't complain. I'll use whatever means I have to. But I won't let you make it free. At least let me owe you a debt. I can repay that in time I'm sure." As much as I don't want to like this person, I do. This person is a worthy ally, even if we may end up having disputes.

"Your repayment to me is to stay alive." The paladin commented as she dislodged her weapon from the tree where the wasp had died. With another quick flash, the lance disappeared back into her inventory. "Money is a worthless substance in this game compared to a human life. I'm so loaded that I don't even care to buy the rest of the people in the game a full set of perfect non-unique armor at this point." The girl said, walking back over to the dagger user, the normal smile painted on her face.

"Now, let's go do that before you do anything else. You might not realize just how much your damage will amplify once you've gotten good gear. Like I said about the dagger, it can be lack luster compared to my lance, but it has advantages that my lance doesn't." Yuki motioned Starla to follow her as she started to make her way back to town.

Spoiler

Summary

SP: 3 quest(Starla); 1 page; 1 bonus
Col: 400 to Starla
To Starla: <<The Matriarch's Stinger>> This incredibly potent venom can be applied to a weapon to provide an additional +1 damage for the duration of one battle. (Awarded to each player; this is treated functionally identical to an uncommon damage potion).