[PP-F1] The Shy can be Brave

The first floor of Aincrad. The largest of all one hundred floors which were all stacked up above him. Miaki Murakami hadn't been to the floor in a while but since everyone's attention was up on the 8th floor since he and the Assault Team opened it up down here things were peaceful for the time being and right now that is what he wanted. No crowds. No massive, risky fights. Just some peace and quiet on the first floor.

He wore his light brown trench coat, matching fedora which covered his medium length strawberry-blonde hair, brown slacks, and his black wire framed glasses. His coat was open as it usually was to let the breeze keep him cool and plus he liked how the wind would kick up the flaps when he walked. Underneath his coat was his katana tucked away. He took a deep breath of the fresh air on the mostly overcast day. "Ahhhh sweet serenity." He thought to himself.

Yunah was Terrified, T-this death game she was in scared her to no end. she hadn't moved a muscle since she had heard the news, she still sat there on the dirty ground in her beginners gear. her Two-handed sword upon her back never having been unsheathed since she entered the game. she looked around at the ground before her, staring off into space. Her mind was more focused upon the fact that this game meant death. she hadn't been the best gamer ever, but she had been alright. However this was different, if you died in this MMO then there was no turning back, no possible retries or anything. Yunah still sat there on the ground scared to even leave her dark little alley.

Miaki was walking through the streets of <> passing by the NPC run vendors and buildings with no exact purpose except maybe housing the 10,000 players trapped in this death game. His mind drifted to that "other" world as he started to regard it since his time in Aincrad. He thought about the people he knew out there and wondered how they were coping with his being trapped in Sword Art Online. "I wonder what they would think of me in here and what I've done..." His thoughts were intrupted as he noticed somebody on sitting in a small alley way. "Uhh excuse me... Are you okay?" He called out as he entered the dark alley.

Yunah heard someone talking at her from the end of the small alley, and her mind snapped into reality, well reality being a lose term, once more. she looked over at the person, he had some actual cloths, but the only thing that really caught Yunah's attention was the fact the his coat seemed to be blowing in the wind. she studied him carefully and looked him up and down, before she decided that it would be time for her to move a "muscle" for the first time since the announcement. "I-I'm fine" she said as she shyly stood up. "I-I'm just a little bit scared" she said as she once again turned her gaze towards the ground, but in this time of shame from being scared of the current situation she was in...

Miaki bent down on one knee and placed a reassuring hand on the young girls shoulder. "It's okay. It's okay to be scared." Miaki knelled on the ground and sat on his knees. "How long have you been holed up in here? Never mind. That doesn't matter. You're safe in here. Don't worry. You can't just sit in here forever." He tried to make eye contact with the young girl. "My name is Miaki. What's yours?" He took off his fedora and offered her a reassuring smile.

Yunah looked u at the man who had now placed a hand upon her shoulder... such contact felt weird to her, and it made her nervous although he was currently reassuring her that she was safe now, but then he said she couldn't just sit there in one place forever. "How come?" she asked wanting to know why she couldn't just simply sit there until the front liners beat the game. she would be perfectly fine with just sitting her and being level one forever and letting everyone get her out of this hell hole... she looked down again in shame, this wasn't her. people were dieing every day attempting to get them out of this death trap that they were in and she was doing nothing! Yunah looked up to the man and said "well fine... if i can't sit here forever than you will simply have to show me how to fend for myself" she said as she stood up and turned and looked at the man directly. he was going to teach her how to fight, or he was going to see her sitting in that alleyway for the rest of the game.

Miaki looked up as the girl bring herself to her feet and begin to pull herself together. Miaki gave her a reassuring smile and stood up as well. "Certainly! I'd be happy to teach you the ropes of combat. First we need to get you a weapon if you don't have already." He looked the girl over searching for a weapon. "Do you have one? What kind of weapon do you use?" He walked a few steps out of the alley waiting for the shy girl to follow. "First we should get you out of here first. Maybe cleaned up or are you ready to go right to the fields to fight? There are wolves and boars that will be easy pickings for us to practice on."

Yunah a little bit as he agreed to train her in the ways of combat in SAO. then he searched around to see if she had a weapon. she swiped her hand and openned up her inventory, then she equipped the Great Sword that she had been given at the start of the game. suddenly she felt a little weight being added to her back, she reached up behind her with a grin on her face, and with both hands pulled out the two handed sword, to simply show him that she had some weapons, then she sheathed it once more. as she walked down to the alleyway she said "my name is Yunah, and yes im ready to go straight to the fields" she finished speaking and then stood at the end of the alleyway and waited for him to take the lead.

Miaki looked at the great sword that appeared on Yunah's back. It was a simple beginner's blade much like the curved weapon Miaki had before he gained his katana extra skill. Now he had his perfectly crafted silver blade properly named, <>. "Okay then, follow me. Let's see what we can find outside the city." Miaki lead Yunah through the <> wondering if this was indeed her first time outside the city walls. Did she hide in that alleyway this entire time. Miaki didn't want to think about it and instead focused on trying to find an ideal place to learn the basics of sword combat. He found a nice open area with a few trees close by that made for an ideal training ground.

"First let's make an official party." Miaki opened up his GUI and sent Yunah a party invite request. "Now we can monitor each others health bars and keep tabs on each other while this party is formed. Whatever we fight though I'll tank it. I have no problem with taking a couple hits from something." Miaki told Yunah with a confidant voice.

Yunah followed Miaki out of the city as he requested, taking the turns left and right going down street after street, then they had reached the gates a simple "wow" escaped Yunah's as she finally got to see the beauty of the world she was trapped in... she was amazed at what she saw before her. still listening to Miaki she responded to the party invite fairly quickly. she hit the accept button then attached as a name was added underneath her health bar. then he said that he was going to tank the hits. this made her smile a little bit knowing that she wouldn't be in danger. "well come on then lets go" she said eye smiling at Miaki.

Yunah's commitment was a pleasant turn from the girl who Miaki found hiding in the alleyways of <>. "Okay! Let's start with something easy." A <> was roaming around waiting to be agro'd by any passing by player. Miaki reached down and drew his katana, <> the blade upon being drawn emitted a bright silver flash. "I'll strike first. Don't think too hard when you attack. Simply focus on the target in front of you and let the system help guide your attack."

Battle Dice: Hit! 2 DMG

Miaki struck the boar and forced it to charge him. "Now it's all you. Don't worry about me." Miaki said as he assumed a defensive stance.

Miaki: 53/53

Yunah: 7/7

<>: 3/5

Yunah followed Miaki as he lead her to the fields, then he began attacking a boar, she slashed the boar with his sword and then assumed a defensive position, the cut left a slash in the boar and Yunah saw it's health bar drop, the boar was ugly in the first place, but now with the slash it just made it looked worse. the Boar was now aggroed towards him and began charging him... now it as Yunah's turn to strike, she unsheathed her sword and held it in both hands, then she ran towards the boar then she swung the sword Hard aiming it at the boar

Her blade landed next to the boar with a thud and the boar kept running unscathed "Dang it!" Yunah shouted and the boar continued on its way towards Miaki.

Yunah's first attack failed. Miaki wasn't let down or surprised after all it was her first fight and the battle system could be a pain constantly. "Don't give up. Yunah. Keep it up. I have full confidence in you." The boar smacked Miaki and caused his health to drop a little bit. "I'm fine, keep trying!" He cheered as he held a defensive position.

Battle Dice: Does nothing.

Miaki: 51/53

<>: 3/5

Yunah watched as the Boar Smack Miaki and she couldn't help but wince a little bit. it looked like it hurt. but he said he felt fine, and she watched as his health bar only went down a little bit, and so she figured she would go for another try at the bore, she ran up towards it once more as it came running back ready for another charge at Miaki. she closed her eyes as she ran at it remembering the words of Miaki as he said.

Battle dice: HIT! 1 damage

She opened her eyes and looked directly at her target, as Miaki had said to do, then she tensed up her muscles and made as if she was about to swing, she then felt a kind of power going to her sword, and she heard a sound as if it were charging up, then she felt like it was... full or ready to go, she glanced over at it and it was glowing a bright blue color, and so she let it go, swinging her blade down the blade slashed down through the side of the boar, knocking its health bar down a little bit more. she smiled for ear to ear, the feeling she felt was amazing and she was excited to get to try it again.

However she had not done enough damage to the boar to kill it nor take it's aggro and so it continued forward running towards Miaki once again.

Miaki: 51/53

<>: 2/5

Success! Miaki watched with awe as Yunah dealt a clean blow to the boar. "Atta girl! Just like that! Do it again! You can do it!" He bashed the boar with the side of his blade to keep the monster focused on him. "That's right. Eyes on me you stupid boar. Come at me give me your best shot." The boar smacked him and his HP bar dropped a sliver.

Miaki: 50/53

<>: 2/5

Yunah winced once more as the boar hit him, but once again he was fine. then he said his encouraging words to her and she couldn't help but feel the need to do good, she brought her sword and up and stood in her usual postion, then she charged at it just as Miaki smack the boar as to keep his eyes on it, then it shook its head as if to refocus and right as it shook it's head Yunah dragged her sword along the ground and then running at a full sprint she tensed her muscles, feel the blade begin to charge.

then she finally came in range and she felt the charge become full once more, than she realeased as she had done before and swung her blade upwards slashing through the underbelly of the beast. the boar flew backwards a good 5 meters and than got up instantly now focused on Yunah and began to run at her. it was mad and out for blood. Yunah Shouted out "dont worry i've got this... let me finish him off" as the two ran at each other.

Miaki: 50/53

<>: 1/5

Miaki watched Yunah begin to get the hang of things in terms of combat. She swung her blade upward and hit the boar in the underbelly. "Good form! An excellent hit!" The boars HP dropped to 1 and the gauge hovering over its head turned red. The boar smack Miaki again and he looked at it with an almost comical look as it tried to hurt him. "One more hit is all you need. You can do it Yunah!"

Miaki: 48/53

<>: 1/5