[SP-13] Treasures in the Yard [Abandoned]

"FREYD!  Och, thank goodness ye'r alive!  how come did ye hae tae gang 'n' mak' us hawp otherwise, ye eejit!"  Quip's squat, but brawny figure had him in a bear hug almost instantly the moment he arrived on the grounds of his shop.  Blond hair, thick and coarse like straw, pressed itself against the underside of his chin, even as her hefty middle threatened to suffocate him.

"Yes, yes, I'm fine, Quip.  Relax!  Please, at least just a little?  I'm not as tough as I once was."  Stepping back, she quickly matted down her weathered apron and set a fist on either hip as she glared at him with those piercing green eyes of hers.  Grabbing his chin, she started twisting it about as if inspecting his features.  He half-expected her to yank out his tongue for the same purpose.

"Whaur th' hell hae ye bin?  dinnae ye ken whit we gaed thro' while ye wur aff storming th' castle wi' yer mukkers!?"

All she got in response was a blink and wonky stare.  

"I have no idea what you just said, but I think I'm irked.  Should I be irked?"  The black cowl titled, like a puppy's head, but with a far more potentially lethal connotation.  Freyd's tone was cold and humourless, implying that Quip had overstepped in her outburst.  Her face turned pinky-red with frustration and embarrassment, that deflated almost instantly.  She had no idea what he had experienced, and had to accept that their experiences in the Shadow Storm might not compare.

"Aye.  Okay."  That was tantamount to an apology, from Quip, so he accepted it and moved on. 

"Where's Dingo?"  A quick glance of the grounds revealed no sign of his wayward apprentice.  

"He said he fun something doon by th' slime croft."  Blonde braids whirled and bopped around, pointing the way, not that he needed the directions.

Placing a hand upon her sturdy shoulder, he felt her tense for a moment as he leaned in.

"I'm glad you're both safe," he whispered as he walked past and headed down the flagstone path that led to the lower bowl where the mega slime farm could be found.

Freyd | HP: 900/900 | EN: 124/124 | DMG: 26 | MIT: 111 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6 | BH: 49 | LD: 10 | Prosperity 3 | FLN: 8 | HLY: 8 | TXV 24/3 | V.O.: 99

Advanced Training applied to this Thread (+10% EXP)

Consumables:

Spoiler

Crème Brûlée (Snack) | Accuracy 2 [172786]
Smores (Snack) | Evasion 2 [172801-1]
Liquor of Light (Potion) | Damage 3 [178030-1]
Divinity's Wait (Meal)| T3 Mitigation 3 [177140]
Viperion (Salve) | Toxic Venom [178347]

Berry Crumb Bars (Snack) | LOOT DIE 3 [175204] + Filled
Mousse (Snack) | PROSPERITY 3 [173052]

Stats:

Spoiler

Freyd,
Level: 31
Paragon Level: 60
HP: 900/900
EN: 124/124

Stats:
Damage: 23 (+3)
Mitigation: 66 (+45)
Evasion: 1 (+2)
Accuracy: 4 (+2)
Battle Healing: 45 (+4 Survival)
Loot Dice: 5 (+3+1+1)
(Prosperity +3)
(TXV 24/3)
FLN: 8
HLY: 8
V.O.: 90 (+9 Survival)

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Samael's Pride (T4-WH, VO 1, HOLY 1, FLN 1)
Armor: Skirmisher's Garb (T3 LA, MIT 2, EVA 1)
Misc: Night Shades (T3-Trinket, ACC 3)

Skills:
War Hammer R5
Light Armor R5
Searching R4
Battle Healing R5
Charge
Energist
Extended Weight Limit

Active Mods:
Large Pockets
Ferocity
Stamina
Meticulous
Resolve

Inactive Mods:

None

Active Extra Skills:

Disguise
Survival
Meditation
Forgotten King’s Authority

Inactive Extra Skills:

None

Battle Ready Inventory:

Teleport Crystals: Gungnir: T3 Perfect HP Rec [Instant]*15
Mass HP Rec [Instant] (+30*Tier HP)*15
Antidote 3*8

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Delicious: Turn 3 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Feast. A Feast contains 6 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Practiced Angler: +2 Fishing EXP per Attempt and additional +1 LD/CD to fishing attempts
Advanced Training: +10% Exp to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor [Potted Tanabata Bamboo Tree]: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:

Yamata no Orochi Statue [uncommon item] [SoW 2: +1 LD]

Wedding Ring:

Edited by Freyd
  • Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freyd

"Oh, hey Freyd!"  Dingo waved as he spotted the Whisper's approach to the edge of the mega slime farm.  It was little more than an overgrown low point at the back of the monastery they all called home, nearly constantly obscured by the thick fog that permeated floor thirteen.  Beside his meek and unfocused apprentice was another man, this one and NPC.

"Meet Nemo."  As if that was supposed to explain everything.  Freyd raised an eyebrow and glanced at the newcomer.

"Oh, uh... hello.  I was just mentioning to Dingo here, that your pond as a special connection, here, where it touches the outer walls of this settlement."  A warble in the stone suggested the possibility of some sort of portal.  "It leads to Little Eden, my home and pleasure."

"I'm sorry," Freyd interjected, "but who exactly are you, and why are you in my backyard?"

"Oh, err.  My name is Nemo.  I am the gardener who tends to Little Eden."  Freyd and Dingo exchanged confused glances.  The former sighed before taking a moment to load up on consumables, just in case. 

"Lead on MacDuff..." Turning to the other man, Freyd told him to let Quip know what was going on.  "I'm going with Nemo to check this out.  Might be nothing."  Dingo nodded emphatically before running off.

Stepping through the portal, Freyd and Nemo entered a paradise that made the former think of what floor thirteen might once have looked like, before the blight had destroyed it.  

"Please, feel free to explore and enjoy my garden.  Do be mindful and take care of Nature's..."

"...Treasures.  Gotcha.  I wondered what had happened to that."  A grin spread across the Whisper's slim, pale face as a fishing rod suddenly manifested in his hand.  "What the heck.  Grandpa would have thought this to be a pretty good spot."  Parting ways with Nemo, Freyd settled down on a nearby low, flat, rock and set himself to casting.  An instant later a small, slimy brown chest appeared beside him.

Spoiler

Post Action | Fishing: ID #187806 | CD: 10+1=11 (1 mat found) | LD: 16+1=17 (Treasure Chest Found)
+7 F-EXP earned (5+2 from pond)

Total F-EXP: 7 (Rank 1)

Note: All CD thresholds for Fishing are reduced by 1 in NT quests.  Nat. CD 1-3 fishes up a Gilded Hand.

+1 material

Edited by Freyd

Other than a recent experience with Setsuna, Freyd had never actually fished with any other intent than relaxation in the game.  He knew about the fishing skill, but materials were of no real value to a merchant, save as an alternate form of currency that could be traded.  Sam apparently had a nasty habit of finding boss monsters whenever she used it, which prompted him to keep his weapon handy.  A notion to try using it as a fishing rod crossed his mind until he pictured it getting snatched away by some pesky aquatic monstrosity.  That quashed any appetite to attempt it rather quickly. 

Opening the small box revealed a few odds and ends that were quickly announced by the system as materials to be added to his inventory, and then, more notably, a dungeon map for floor thirteen.  That immediate got his attention, and increased the breadth of his grin.

Spoiler

Opening fished up chest: ID #187807 | LD: 20

Gain Dungeon Map [187807] + 3 materials

+3 F-EXP earned (pond not applicable)

Total F-EXP: 10 (Rank 1)

+3 material
F13 Dungeon Map [187807]

Edited by Freyd

"Seriously," he said to no one in particular, gleefully surprised.  "I had no idea that fishing could deliver dungeon maps!"  

Persi snuck out from her nest, cradled in the tiny folds of his black leather jacket, where she could suck up warmth and avoid unwanted attention.  Freyd's ruckus had roused her.  Peeking out, her eyes grew wider as Freyd fished out another box from the stream.

"What have I been missing?  Hey, Nemo!  I'm loving this place already!"  

Slinking free from his clothing, completely, Persi wandered over and sniffed at the mysterious box, wondering if it might offer some form of snackage.  She's always had a knack for finding chests during their tandem adventures, and she wasn't entirely keen on the fact that Freyd now seemed to be able to produce them without her.  Nestling against the second chest, she sniffed and peered at it, as if assessing its merits and qualities.

"Shall we take a peek?"

Spoiler

Post Action | Fishing: ID #187808 | CD: 7+1=8 (1 mat found) | LD: 20+1=21 (Treasure Chest Found)
+7 F-EXP earned (5+2 from pond)

Total F-EXP: 17 (Rank 1)

Note: All CD thresholds for Fishing are reduced by 1 in NT quests.  Nat. CD 1-3 fishes up a Gilded Hand.

+1 Material

Edited by Freyd

"Another map!?  Does each chest contain one of these things?  Not gonna lie... that would be amazing."  The box disappeared even as the contents were automatically transferred to his inventory by the system.  Already bored by a single instance of repetition, Persi scanned the rest of the rock to determine the best spot to warm herself under the sun, then promptly plopped herself there.  A few twists and rolls were inevitably required to help her find the optimal position, because that was always the way of things.  Her azure eyes closed, confirming that she had found her perfect spot, leaving her to look like some sort of inky splotch on the rockface.

Freyd, meanwhile, was already looking at his own character interface, studying how the system had apparently tracked the benefits of these few attempts as assisting his ranking in a new profession mechanic.  

"It grants access to gear and loot?  Hell yeah."  Without another thought, he cast his line out again.

Spoiler

Opening fished up chest: ID #187809 | LD: 20

Gain Dungeon Map [187809] + 3 materials

Total F-EXP: 20 (Rank 1)

+3 materials
F13 Dungeon Map [187809]

Edited by Freyd

No sooner had the bobber struck the water and resurfaced, than another treasure box appeared at his side.

"Wow.  What's the drop rate on these things?  It's a damned good thing that they vanish after opening, or we'd be having some practical storage problems."

A hearty laugh and barritone voice boomed suddenly off to his left.

"Freyd?  Is that you?"  An older man, at least by SAO standards, approached him.  Being in his late twenties put him at the tail end of the pack, compared to most of the player base.  Clad in an ancient style of armor that made him look like some sort of hybrid between a Greek Hoplite and Roman Centurion, his weapon was the only piece that didn't quite fit the ensemble.  

"Quaestor?  How the hell did you get in here?  Is it safe for you?"  Freyd's hand instinctively grasped Samael's Pride, in case of danger.  Craning his neck, he checked to see if any ravenous monsters or glitches followed his friend.

Spoiler

Post Action | Fishing: ID #187810 | CD: 12+1=13 (1 mat found) | LD: 17+1=18 (Treasure Chest Found)

Total F-EXP: 27 (Rank 1)

+1 Material

Edited by Freyd

Persi tapped at the chest to open it while Freyd and Quaestor conversed on the side.  The slightest swish of her tail was all it took for the system to acknowledge contact and unpack the contents.  Freyd frowned, noticing the container's pop-up confirming the deposit into his inventory, but kept his main focus on his friend.

"Is the Madrigal back up and running?  Does this mean you're all going about questing again?"  There was a tone of optimistic zeal in Freyd's voice that he had no desire to contain.  Quaestor just laughed, raising both palms to temper his eagerness.

"Relax!  We're just poking around, trying to get our bearings.  So much has changed.  It's tough to keep it all straight.  Miri and the boys are still struggling to absorb everything that has happened.  They need time.  Speaking of which, do you mind if I sit and join you for a bit?  We haven't had many chances to talk with everything that's been happening."

Spoiler

Opening fished up chest: ID #187811 | LD: 3

Gain 1,000 col, T2 Rare Armor/Shield [187811]

Total F-EXP: 30 (Rank 1)

+1,100 Col (1,000 + 10% from Col Deposit)
T2 Rare Armor/Shield [187811]

Edited by Freyd

Freyd tapped the stone with his left as the right re-cast his line.  His companion sat and stared in silence for awhile, content to enjoy the pastoral ambience and relaxing atmosphere.  Freyd could tell that there was something on his mind, but chose not to push.  Fishing was about patience, after all.

Finally, Quaestor cleared his throat, staring down to his breastplate when he spoke.

"I can't possibly thank you enough for everything you did for Miri, Typhon, Jeeves, and most especially myself.  You gave us back lives that were stolen, and thought gone.  That's a miracle, Freyd."

He really didn't know how to respond.  The emotions were there, but his reactions remained lacking.  His instincts were undeveloped and would need more time to deal with complexity at this scale.  Instead, he fell back to what he had always done and faked it as best he could.  Placing a fist on the big man's pauldron, he tapped it a few times, assuming that this meant he understood, and that no more words were necessary.  Quaestor seemed to take it as such and unrealized tension bled from Freyd's shoulders.

Spoiler

Post Action | Fishing: ID #187812 | CD: 5+1=6 (failure) | LD: n/a
+3 F-EXP earned (1+2 from pond)

Total F-EXP: 33 (Rank 1)

Edited by Freyd

"Look," Freyd said.  "You saved Quip, Dingo and I back during that thing in Valehaven, when you didn't have to."

"I sent you there in the first place," Quaestor replied, laughing heartily.  "It seemed only fair to get my butt in gear and help you drag those poor kids out.  I'm just glad it worked out."

Freyd smiled, nodding, as much to himself as to the bigger man at his side.  "As am I, and for everyone.  They're getting back on their feet, you know?  Quip's got the spark back in her eye, and Dingo's a smarter man than she gives him credit for.  He's a thinker and could go far, if properly motivated."

"It's a good thing you did for them.  I'd have offered myself, but there was already another project on my plate."  A sideways glance made it clear that he meant Freyd.  A tug on the line signaled another drop, but instead of a chest it came in the for of some bizarre, giant, golden glove-like mob that looked too absurd to be real.

Spoiler

Post Action | Fishing: ID #187813 | CD: 2+1=3 (failure) | LD: n/a - Gilded Hand spawned!

Total F-EXP: 36 (Rank 1)

Edited by Freyd

Freyd and Quaestor looked at each other, wondering what drug the designer was on when they came up with this one.

"They really need to stop with the kiddy stuff," Freyd griped, imagining an endless ream of pseudo-Pokemon cast-offs salvaged from the cutting room floor and repurposed for whatever this thing is meant to be.  The mob swung and punched him in the face with its pinky.  That was enough.  Freyd's weapon swung, making contact and sending the golden figure flying with the force of a freight train, smashing into a tree trunk two dozen feet away.  Quaestor just put his hand out to steady his neglected rod and ensure that it didn't accidentally slip into the pond.  The strange creature bobbled its oversized head back and forth a few times, still trying to clear its vision after the force of Freyd's blow.  

"So, what exactly are you supposed to be?  Hmm?"  Freyd pressed the tip of his staff against the middle button on the ruffled, apron-like thing it wore, just below the bow tie.

Spoiler

Post Action | Odin's Wrath (x18 AoE, 16 EN +2/hit): 18 EN - (Rested 1/2; Stamina) = 15 EN.  Charge (CD 0/3; -8 EN)
Free Action | Activate Grappling Familiar (CD 0/5)

ID #187814 | BD: 5+6-1-2=8 (hit, Charge +5).  DMG (18*31=558)

Gilded Hand #1 is stunned and loses its action.

Freyd | HP: 900/900 | EN: 101/124 (124-15-8) | DMG: 26 | MIT: 111 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6 | BH: 49 | LD: 10 | Prosperity 3 | FLN: 8 | HLY: 8 | TXV 24/3 | V.O.: 99

Gilded Hand #1 | HP: 62/620 | DMG 186 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 (620-558)

• Knockdown Pro | On a natural 10, Gilded Hand applies a stun to their target, and attacks a second time.  This effect can only occur once per turn.
  • Anxious This mob only attacks every other turn, unless attacking multiple times in a row due to <<Knockdown Pro>>.
  • Coward Gilded Hand attempts to flee automatically when their health falls below half. Successfully escapes on a CD 12. <<Gilded Hands>> automatically flee if all players in the party are stunned.

Edited by Freyd

It almost looked like some sort of proto-mob, not quite fully developed or resolved.  Even its graphic resolution seemed a bit off.  He seemed prepared to dismiss it as insignificant when the blue mask that portended to be its face twisted into a thing of horror and its painted digit-like limbs sought to thrash him.  It lacked sufficient, which proved to be a fatal error.  A quick and brutal jab from the blunt end of this quarterstaff crashed into the mask, shattering and causing the rest of the mob's form to dissolve upon its demise.

Freyd frowned, still a bit confused, until he noted the details of the loot recovered from this 'Gilded Hand'.  His brow instantly reversed its turn, raising to new heights, instead, and triggering the analytic engine inside his mind to ponder the significance and possibilities to follow.

"Oh my.  If you drop those sorts of goodies, you can look as stupid as you want."

Spoiler

Freyd regains +1 EN
Odin's Wrath (CD 1/4)
Charge (CD 1/3)
Grappling Familiar (CD 1/5)

Post Action | Crash (x5, 5 EN): 5 EN - (Rested 2/2, Stamina) = 2 EN (CD 0/1)

ID #187815 | BD: 10 (Crit +2, Holy +8).  DMG (5*36=180)

Freyd | HP: 900/900 | EN: 100/124 (101+1-2) | DMG: 26 | MIT: 111 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6 | BH: 49 | LD: 10 | Prosperity 3 | FLN: 8 | HLY: 8 | TXV 24/3 | V.O.: 99

Gilded Hand #1 | HP: 0/620 | DMG 186 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 (62-180)

• Knockdown Pro | On a natural 10, Gilded Hand applies a stun to their target, and attacks a second time.  This effect can only occur once per turn.
  • Anxious This mob only attacks every other turn, unless attacking multiple times in a row due to <<Knockdown Pro>>.
  • Coward Gilded Hand attempts to flee automatically when their health falls below half. Successfully escapes on a CD 12. <<Gilded Hands>> automatically flee if all players in the party are stunned.

Loot Gilded Hand #1: ID #187818 | LD: 10+10=20 | CD: 11

T2 Perfect Weapon [187818]
15 materials (3*tier, NT bonus; +1 mob loot, +2 CD odd)
12,663 col (4*tier, NT bonus; + HP[620]*13 - incl. +2 LD even +5% Col Deposit)

Edited by Freyd

"Problem?"  Quaestor handed Freyd back the rod.

"No?  Not especially, I think.  More of a possibility to be explored to good potential effect."  He cast the line again, wondering what the drop rate for these mobs might be.  Between the plentiful chests and gloriously blinged out mobs, fishing was turning out to be nothing like what he'd expected.  But, this was Aincrad, and things didn't always need to be predictable, or even make any sense at all, if he was honest with himself.

"So, how did you end up in here?"

"I found some weirdo hanging around my stock room.  Nearly pummeled the kid on the spot, until he mentioned this place.  They didn't have these sorts of quests back in my grinding days.  I also needed the break and some place less sludgy or lethal where I could take a walk."

"I hear you there," Freyd replied, waiting and watching on the line still drifting lazily in the water.  "Was it that Nemo guy?"

Quaestor nodded his affirmation.

Spoiler

Post Action | Fishing: ID #187816 | CD: 5+1=6 (failure) | LD: n/a 

Total F-EXP: 39 (Rank 1)

Freyd regains +1 EN
Odin's Wrath (CD 2/4)
Charge (CD 2/3)
Grappling Familiar (CD 2/5)

Edited by Freyd

"We're thinking of putting the Madrigal back together."  The statement ended abruptly, like a follow-up was waiting, but refusing to emerge.

"That's good?"  Freyd's confusion mixed with caution, given the touchiness of the subject.  The original Madrigal guild had fallen apart - been picked apart by PKers and other guilds in the aftermath of Miri and Typhon's vanishing.  Quaestor had been too heartbroken, and Jeeves too meek, to do anything to prevent it.  One tragedy compounded another and both men were soon left with shattered worlds.  For Jeeves, it meant joining the Brokers, secretly hoping to find some clue to what had transpired.  Quaestor became a shadow of himself and holed up in Angel's Point, where he hoped to be forgotten.  Miri would never forgive him, in his mind, had he done anything more drastic.

"Yeah.  I think it is.  The others want to rebuild what was lost, but, they also admit that we'll need some fresh blood if it's ever going to happen.  We're all too out of touch, and our former skills seem to have downgraded in the wake of this recent... whatever it was."  He clearly meant the clearing of floor twenty-five.

Spoiler

Post Action | Fishing: ID #187817 | CD: 4+1=5 (failure) | LD: n/a 

Total F-EXP: 42 (Rank 1)

Freyd regains (Fully refreshed)
Odin's Wrath (CD 3/4)
Charge (CD 3/3)
Grappling Familiar (CD 3/5)

Edited by Freyd

"What are you working very hard at not asking me, Quaestor?"  There was no point in beating about the bush.  If his friend needed resources, in the way of mats or col, he would gladly provide...

"We'd all like you to join."

Persi's head popped up, her blue eyes instantly alerted by the sudden tension set to Freyd's shoulders.  To his credit, the rod in his hands didn't so much as twitch.  The gravity of the request was still sinking in.  Slowly, Freyd reached up and pulled back his cowl.  Such was the magnitude of the moment that he did so willingly, though his eyes remain deadlocked on the bobber not bobbing in the water.

"That's... not quite what I was expecting."

"It's a lot to ask, but we all respect you, and you know this world better than any of us.  You've been a good friend, and we want you at our side."

Spoiler

Post Action | Fishing: ID #187820 | CD: 7+1=8 (1 material) | LD: 6+1=7 (nothing)
+5 F-EXP earned (3+2 from pond)

Total F-EXP: 47 (Rank 1)

Odin's Wrath (CD 4/4)
Grappling Familiar (CD 4/5)

+1 material

Edited by Freyd

"You'd have that, regardless of my answer."  Freyd turned his head to catch Quaestor's eyes with his own.  The intensity of his gaze communicated everything that latter would ever need to understand the depth of his devotion.  "But, I've already made other commitments that can't so easily be broken or dismissed."  His words were slow and measured, even well-considered, given the suddenness of the request.  

"Firm Anima have become my family, in much the same way as you are trying to rebuild yours.  What would it say about my loyalty and responsibility if I just cast them casually aside?"  Shaking his head, Freyd felt a quick tug on his line and went to reel it in.  "I'll help you in any way I can, Quaestor, but I won't leave my family.  Especially after everything they've done for me."  As much as they had openly shared their thoughts during those many long days after his first arrival in Angel's Point, Freyd had held back much about the unfeeling machine construct he had built around himself, to shelter a withered and broken child-like heart.  His friends had helped him find humanity inside himself, where once there was nearly none.  He couldn't walk away from that, or them.  Nor would he.

His line snapped and another gloved mob spawned at his side.  Freyd sighed.

"Just," he held up a finger to beg for Quaestor's indulgence, "hold on a second."

Spoiler

Post Action | Fishing: ID #187820 | CD: 2+1=3 (Failure) | LD: n/a - Spawned Gilded Hand!

Total F-EXP: 50 (Rank 2 Achieved)

Grappling Familiar (CD 5/5)

Edited by Freyd

Without bothering to do anything but treat it as a target, Freyd charged the hand and beat it silly with a flurry for forceful blows so vicious that it fell within seconds of completing its spawn.  It was Quaestor's turn to let his eyes go wide.

"Uh, I don't recall you managing to do that very easily against the glitches."

Freyd smiled, retuning to his seat after plundering the thing's loot.

"The odds of it occurring seem to have improved."

"Huh," Quaestor replied, coming to grips with the growth he'd seen since first meeting the man who sat beside him now.  "I suppose you've earned it."

"No more than others who did so before me.  But, an ability to singularly focus on end goals seems to have its benefits.  I tend to skip over the fluff."

Quaestor looked at the scene around them.

"And, yet, you're fishing?"

Freyd re-opened the loot summary from the fallen mob.  Quaestor whistled aloud at the sight of the col, alone. 

"Wow.  Yeah.  Okay.  Nevermind.  Unleash your fishing Armageddon."

Spoiler

Post Action | Odin's Wrath (CD 0/4) (x18 AoE, 16 EN +2/hit): 18 EN - (Rested 1/2; Stamina) = 15 EN.  Charge (CD 0/3; -8 EN)
Free Action | Activate Grappling Familiar (CD 0/5)

ID #187823 | BD: 6+6-2-1=9 (hit, Charge +5, Fallen +8).  DMG (18*39=702)

Freyd | HP: 900/900 | EN: 101/124 (124-15-8) | DMG: 26 | MIT: 111 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6 | BH: 49 | LD: 10 | Prosperity 3 | FLN: 8 | HLY: 8 | TXV 24/3 | V.O.: 99

Gilded Hand #2 | HP: 0/620 | DMG 186 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 (620-702)

Loot Gilded Hand #2: ID #187824 | LD: 19+10=29 | CD: 14

T2 Perfect Consumables [187824a]
T2 Perfect Consumables [187824b]

T2 Perfect Armor/Shield [187824c]
T2 Perfect Armor/Shield [187824d]

15 materials (3*tier, NT bonus; +1 mob loot, +2 LD odd)
10,059 col (4*tier, NT bonus; + HP[620]*9 - incl. +2 CD even + 5% Col Deposit)

Edited by Freyd

Persi pawed playfully a few times at his knee, as he returned to his seat.  Her rock was still nice and warm, though, and she had no intention of leaving her prized spot in the sun.

"What have Miri and the others been up to?"  A change of topic was both warranted and welcome.  'Too much drama spoils the fish', as his grandfather used to say.  The man was a saint.  Too bad Freyd only realized it after he got trapped in here.  Quaestor caught the drift and went with it.

"She's been redecorating my place for three weeks straight.  I hardly recognize my own home anymore."  There wasn't a hint of complaint in his voice as he spoke the words.  "I'm just so happy to have her back, she could put paisley wallpaper in every room and it still wouldn't bother me!  She's just to full of life!"  He wrung his hands as he spoke, struggling to contain the swelling emotions within.  "Bless her heart.  She makes me so happy, Freyd.  I missed that so much."

Spoiler

Post Action | Fishing: ID #187825 | CD: 7+1=8 (1 material) | LD: 18+1=19 (Treasure Chest found)

Total F-EXP: 57/200 (Rank 2)

Odin's Wrath (CD 1/4)
Charge (CD 1/3)

Grappling Familiar (CD 1/5)

+1 material

Edited by Freyd

Another chest popped into existence at his side, and a casual bop on the top of the box yielded up its contents.  Persi purred with glee as it did so.

"What about Typhon?  He's the one I really know the least about."

"Oh, Cooper?  He'd alright.  Just our resident wild-child, is all.  For everything that's happened, he seems to be taking it all in stride.  The guy's only real attachments are to those crazy monster-getups he so loves to make.  Miri calls him her 'cosplay maniac,' and she's not far off the mark.  It wouldn't surprise me if he's spent every minute since his return scouring shops and mobs for new fabrics and doodads to help him with his obsession.  We learned long ago to just give him his space.  He's never steered wrong when left to his own devices, and is too much of a pain to keep tethered if you ever tried."

Spoiler

Opening fished up chest: ID #187826 | LD: 3+1=4 

Gain 1,000 col, T2 Rare Armor/Shield

Total F-EXP: 60 (Rank 2)

Odin's Wrath (CD 2/4)
Charge (CD 2/3)

Grappling Familiar (CD 2/5)
EN fully recovered.

+1,100 col (1,000 + 10% from Col Deposit)
T2 Rare Armor/Shield [187826]

Edited by Freyd

"Sounds a bit like Gaius, but in a different vein."  Quaestor didn't get the reference, and Freyd casually dismissed the comparison as irrelevant.  "Let's just say that I know the type.  Dump ten thousand teens and young adults into a deathtrap MMO, and you're bound to find some common qualities and patterns before long."

"True, but he's a good mate; just a bit of a loner is all.  We give him his room and he always comes back to us, and is always there when we need him."

Freyd sensed movement in the water.  A pattern was already becoming familiar, even as his staff materialized back in his hand.  A tug, and then another giant gloves hand stood at the limit of his reach.

"You know, I thought this might be fun, at first, but I can already see it becoming rather disruptive to any actual and honest attempts at fishing."

Spoiler

Post Action | Fishing: ID #187827 | CD: 1+1=8 (Failure) | LD: n/a - Spawned Gilded Hand!

Total F-EXP: 63/200 (Rank 2)

Odin's Wrath (CD 3/4)
Charge (CD 3/3)

Grappling Familiar (CD 3/5)

Edited by Freyd

Quaestor just chuckled as he leaned back and watched Freyd go to town on the poor mob, which promptly fell apart beneath an unforgiving onslaught of blows that utterly shattered its form. 

'The things surely can't be that fragile,' he thought to himself, watching the pinata-like creature flail in a failed attempt at self-defense.  He and the rest of the Madrigal would eventually encounter the same creatures, and it was worth studying how they fared against his friend - which meant poorly.  Somehow, he suspected that any attempt to tackle such a foe in the their current, degraded states would prove to be suicidal.  

"If you won't join us, then you'll at least need to give us pointers!  Damnit, I still remember when I could take on mobs so easily.  It seems like a lifetime ago."

Freyd returned his seat, dismissing his weapon as he sat.

"You'll get back there in no time," he offered, without any patronizing in his voice.  

Spoiler

Odin's Wrath (CD 4/4)
Grappling Familiar (CD 4/5)

Post Action | Fling (CD 0/3) (x16, 12 EN): 12 EN - (Rested 1/2; Stamina) = 9 EN.  Charge (CD 0/3; -8 EN)

ID #187844 | BD: 6+6-2-1=9 (hit, Charge +5, Fallen +8).  DMG (16*39=624)

Freyd | HP: 900/900 | EN: 107/124 (124-9-8) | DMG: 26 | MIT: 111 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6 | BH: 49 | LD: 10 | Prosperity 3 | FLN: 8 | HLY: 8 | TXV 24/3 | V.O.: 99

Gilded Hand #3 | HP: 620/620 | DMG 186 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 (620-624)

Loot Gilded Hand #3: ID #187845 | LD: 20+10=30 | CD: 7

T2 Perfect Weapon [187845a]
T2 Perfect Weapon [187845b]

T2 Perfect Weapon [187845c]
15 materials (3*tier, NT bonus; +1 mob loot, +2 CD odd)
14,616 col (4*tier, NT bonus; + HP[620]*16 - incl. +2 LD even, +5% Col Deposit)

Edited by Freyd