[F1-SP] <<Feeding Your Enemy>> Finding a New Friend!

Taming Check 1:
ID: #189816
CD: 6 (Fail)

The frost vulture watched her with a rather curious expression on its face.  Or rather, less curious and more something that was probably curiosity.  Astreya realized that she didn't actually know how to tell much about a bird and what it was thinking.  This was going to be quite difficult, she realized, now that she was actually at the part where she needed to tame it.  "Oh," she said suddenly, her eyes lighting up as she opened up her inventory and started to search through it for a moment, before she was able to locate the food, and gave a small breath as she let it plop into her hands.  

"Uh.  Do you want some food?" she asked, the young woman reaching in to the bag to pull out some of the food, offering the food to the bird.  The Frost Vulture looked at her with uncertainty, shifting its head from side to side as it watched her, leaning forward and back again, not seeming to trust her.  The creature turned away from her then, beginning to preen its feathers, and Astreya frowned slightly as she cocked her head to the side.  "Hey, c'mon now," she murmured, offering the hand a little more.

The Frost Vulture pulled its beak from within its feathers and then watched her a bit more directly, its eyes narrowed slightly as it gave a shrill chirp, and as it did so, there was a sudden echo of those clicking chirps and shrill sounds from the Pyre Vultures behind her, and Astreya tensed up, her natural inclination to grab at her weapon but she tried to resist the urge to do so.  If she came off as threatening there was a good chance that she'd lose her familiar forever.  She exhaled slowly, bringing her hand back toward herself for a moment, before narrowing her eyes.  She wasn't going to back down.

Edited by Astreya
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taming Check 2:
ID: #189817
CD: 11 (Success!!)

"Okay, look you.  I didn't chase you all over this dang floor, and then go diving into a volcano, and nearly get boiled alive crossing over the rocks in the caldera so you can fuss at me," the girl spoke, setting a hand on her hip.  "So listen here," she spoke, frowning at the Frost Vulture.  "You are gonna eat this food, and then you and I are gonna go out of this cave together and we're gonna work together, got it?" she spoke, and reached a hand forward onto the nest that the creature was sitting upon, and set the food into the nest itself.  "Now eat it," she continued, pointing at the bird, and then pointing at the food.

The creature looked at her, seemingly taken aback by the stern words that were used, before the creature itself leaned back away from her, looking down at the food.  It opened its mouth and skree'd for a quick second before leaning down and very hesitantly starting to pick at the food.  As soon as it had started, it seemed like the food that the Gypsy had provided for her began to take its effect upon the bird.

It began to devour the food, hungrily biting into it, as if the bird hadn't had anything to eat in years.  It was almost a little uncomfortable, watching the creature eat as aggressively and almost as ferally as it was, before it finished the meal, looking back at her and chirped slightly, seeming a little less... aggressive as before.  Astreya reached into the feed bag, not wanting to use all of the Gypsy's food, but she gave the bird a little bit more, and it once more went absolutely mad for the meal, devouring the food once more as Astreya watched, frowning slightly.

Edited by Astreya

Treasure Chest Roll:
ID: #189818
LD: 9 (Failure)

As the creature gave another chirp in response to Astreya having fed her, and the creature hopped forward, fluttering from the roost up onto Astreya's shoulder, giving her a friendly little chirp.  Even so, there was a cold chill that emanated from the creature's body, and she frowned slightly, not expecting the creature to be so close and willing to just... sit on her shoulder.  "All right.  Well, I guess we need to go back then.  Maybe there's a way that I can get back up the ledge," she spoke quietly, thinking to herself, before the bird gave a little chirp, hopping from her shoulder and fluttering deeper into the cave before turning around and cawing at her.

"Okay, okay.  What are you trying to show me?" she spoke, moving after the bird as it hopped along the ground, heading deeper into the cavern, and as she went, she could tell immediately that the path was starting to curve upward.  "Wait is there another path that leads upwards?" she asked aloud, having something to talk to (even if the bird couldn't really understand her or respond to her in any way) making her feel immensely more calm.  

But the path was definitely starting to curve upward, and she could feel the heat starting to lessen.  She wasn't going to be near the caldera anymore, and that was nice... but she couldn't help but to wonder where she was going to end up. "All right Frosty, I'm going to believe you and hope that you're not luring me into a trap," she spoke, hoping that was the case.  She didn't know if she could really trust this Familiar that she had just found... but so far, the food had seem to do the trick, and the vulture seemed to be following along with her... but she needed to see and make sure the thing wasn't a trap.

Edited by Astreya

The woman, alongside the Frost Vulture, had continued their trek up the cavern path, which led steadily higher and higher, to the point where Astreya was actually having to climb upward to get up and out of the cave.  She frowned slightly, having been forced to do so much rock climbing lately that she was having to relive all the training that she'd had at her father's behest at doing such things. It didn't seem to matter how many cliffs and mountains she climbed here in this world, there was another one that was put in front of her.  "Damn... Man," she grunted as she pulled herself yet up higher, managing to hit a new plateau within the cave.

"Frosty, I'm not saying that I'm not appreciative of this path upward, but could you maybe give me an easier path upward?  This is really getting to be annoying," the girl called up ahead to the bird, who was sitting a short ways ahead of her, the bird simply waiting for her to come along with.  It gave a little sound before it shifted slightly, hopping back down further down the cavern path before turning back to look at her and giving another caw toward her.

But as she came forward up through the plateau, she realized that they were almost at the exit.  She could see the light filtering through the opening up above, and the young woman came up through the hole, giving a small breath as she did so.  

"We made it!" the girl cheered as she came up, before she gave a small sound.  "What!? Knorlit is right there?"  What the heck," the girl spoke, shaking her head, before looking down at the Frost Vulture that stood on the ground beside her.  "All right, c'mon.  We gotta give the rest of the food back to the Gypsy," Astreya spoke, before she lifted a hand, pushing the bird away.  "No way.  You don't get anymore of this," the girl spoke, and Frosty huffed, before hopping up onto her shoulder.

Edited by Astreya

Astreya heaved a soft breath as the overbearing dry heat of the Ninth Floor fell away, and was replaced by the moist, heavy heat of the Third.  She frowned slightly, not really enjoying the fact that they had basically just been running around in the heat nonstop, but at least now she had a portable air conditioner in the form of Frosty, the bird still sitting on her plated shoulder and looking around this way and that, as if there was a predator or something dangerous to find.  That or maybe the bird was still looking for the food- Astreya couldn't be sure.

As they were looking around, a shrill whistle came to Astreya's ears and she turned, glancing over her shoulder to see the Gypsy woman, holding out a hand.  Frosty took off from the plated shoulder, flying over the Gypsy's outstretched hand.  "I can see you have found the Familiar that was meant for you.  Well done," the Gypsy spoke calmly, using her other hand to gently pet the bird beneath its beak.  "Return to your  master now," she spoke quietly, and the bird lifted back off, returning to Astreya.

"Uh.  Yeah.  It was kind of a crazy adventure, but I got Frosty in the end.  Here, I didn't want to use all of this," Astreya spoke, handing the food back over to the woman, who accepted it graciously, before watching Astreya in expectation.  There was almost a certainty in the gypsy's gaze as she looked on at Astreya for a long moment.  "Um, I don't really have anything else.  Did you want some money?  I have that and-" she continued, offering that as her only real recourse.

The gypsy merely pulled her hand back to herself before shaking her head.  "It is no matter," the woman spoke as she turned, heading fearlessly into the undergrowth.

Astreya frowned, looking after her as she left, before glancing to Frosty.  "O...kay then.  Well, I guess I should figure out how to teach you how to do stuff," she spoke, and Frosty gave a little chirp.  "Yeah, yeah.  I know you're hungry," the woman murmured as she went back toward the town.  "Maybe you'll like cake."

Edited by Astreya

Recap! (omigawd it's over)

Link to Gdoc here

TWC: 23,267 (23,250 Eligible)

EXP: 3090

—300 (Quest Reward)

—2790 (Wordcount Reward)]

COL: 4,940

—1200 (Page Rewards)

—1100 (Loot ID 188531- Monster HP 220)

—1540 (Loot ID 189673 - Monster HP 220)

—1100 (Loot ID 189699 - Monster HP 220)