Guild Member Groups

Would players be interested in this feature  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Would players be interested in this feature

• Yes, what a great idea
    • No, shut up and go home
    • Whats a guild?

I had an interesting thought. Would it be possible that as guilds are formally approved, that they could have their own member group? the guild leader could be put in charge of it so all the admins would have to do was create it, and it would allow guilds to pm their entire membership in one move instead of having to add in each members name every time they want to send a pm to their guild

Upon reading this, I only have one things to say : What's a couple more seconds of your time to write your guild member's names? If you still think it takes too much of your time, post it in your guild thread.

Upon posting this, I realized it may have sounded a bit harsh, let me rephrase this, If there's 5 people in your guild, you can take the time to write 5 names, though for guild with 20 players, you might forget some and it might be long. So my suggestion is, if this idea is implemented, only guild with a certain number of players and up should get it, guild with lower number of players may lose 1 or 2 and be under the required member and then the group will have to be deleted. On the note of being able to add people to the group yourself, I may be wrong but, from my experience, it requires having access to the administation panel, though there may be some other way to do it that I don't know.

I had an interesting thought. Would it be possible that as guilds are formally approved, that they could have their own member group? the guild leader could be put in charge of it so all the admins would have to do was create it, and it would allow guilds to pm their entire membership in one move instead of having to add in each members name every time they want to send a pm to their guild

I think what Seldentar was thinking, that we the admins of the site add each and every single Guild that is established and new ones added to our forum's software group's feature. We use this feature for sorting out Players, Player Killers, and Monsters hence why accounts are green, orange, and red.

What many of you don't realize is that we also use this feature for other purposes such as Game Masters (Moderators), ALfheim Online, LH Royal Guard (Moderators), Charitable, Graphic Developer (Staff), The Fallen, Unrestricted Chat, Player Support Team (Staff).

You may have not noticed these because you are not in these groups, or you are and you noticed on your profile page there's a drop down menu that lets you see what groups you are currently in.

In addition, groups allow a specific group instead of an individual to be PM'ed at once. So rather adding each guild members name to the PM send list, you can select the whole group instead in the upper right corner of the PM composition page, and all parties in the group will be messaged.

It's a nice idea, but my concern is how well would it be managed? Sure we can assign the guild master to be the owner of the group to control who's in and who's out, but how well will the active/inactive guild master keep that list up to date? And how up to date will us admins keep with the new Guilds and disbanded Guilds?