Hey. If you somehow found this, then… well, you probably already know what happened. Despite my best efforts, I’ve died. I’m keeping this journal partly for my own sanity, but also so my parents know what happened to me in case I can’t tell them myself. My only request, if this thing hasn’t already been deleted to the void, is that you bring this to my family. I’d like for them to at least have something to remember me by.

sorahoshi6.thumb.jpg.db60538ebe4ac4301a54b09364b75df2.jpg

Profile:
Username: Orchid
Height:
 158 cm (5’2’’)

Background:

Haruna Akiyama was born on a warm summer night, on the outskirts of what could still be considered Tokyo, where the stars were faint but just barely visible in the night sky. Growing up, she lived in an ordinary family, with two loving parents and a rascal of an older brother. Every night at the dinner table, her dad would bring up “real life” scenarios and ask her and her brother what they would do. Her brother would too often answer immediately with the reckless path of the hero, and their parents always had to remind him that while wanting to be a hero was noble, they lived in reality where things weren’t as easy. You had to actually think about things to survive. Haruna took that lesson to heart.

In school, she had a few close friends she kept near to her heart. Reading a book offhandedly while laughing with her friends on the roof during lunch came to be some of her dearest memories. She always looked forward to the sometimes intense, but always friendly debates between her brother and dad over morality and philosophy at dinner time. When her brother graduated from high school, he moved away from the family to become a firefighter in a different district, while she studied hard to enter into a nice university. Therefore, while in her first year of college in Tokyo proper and feeling a little homesick, she jumped at the chance to reconnect with her brother through the new upcoming game he’d been excited about, Sword Art Online.

When everything came tumbling down, she never did get to find him. She can only hope that by some miracle he didn’t get to play the game, or that he’s still out there somewhere, probably being an idiot and protecting strangers. She’s a girl who will never understand the actions of heroes, but can’t help but find herself drawn to the nobility they represent.

Virtues

Self-Aware- Haruna knows she’s just a normal girl, just like any other. She also knows that pretending to be anything more can lead to dangerous places. Haruna is well aware of her capabilities and weaknesses, and won’t waste time on things that are impossible for her to do. Normally level-headed, she can usually understand when she’s getting too caught up in emotion or being stupid. She’s not a hero, she’s not a villain, she’s just an ordinary person trying to return to an ordinary life. That’s enough to satisfy her.

Practical- If there’s an easier path, then that’s the path which should be taken. There’s no point in useless struggle. Haruna can see past most of the dilemmas and drama that some people tend to get caught up in. Most things are pretty simple if looked at from an objective perspective, and Haruna does decently well at resolving issues with a straightforward and honest mindset. She prefers addressing problems directly, rather than through roundabout solutions.

Caring- While it isn’t easy to find something that touches her heart, she finds herself heavily invested in those that she does care about. Sometimes, she can find herself caring a bit too much, and has to remind herself to take a step back before she gets hurt. Despite her practical mindset, she will often find herself doing more than she would have expected for things or people she holds dear.

Neutral

Contemplative- Haruna enjoys pondering over the subtler aspects of life. Sometimes she fancies herself a philosopher at heart, though only after she’s come up with something she believes is a bit profound. While this side of her doesn’t come up much in conversation with others, it remains ever-present, slumbering in the background. Her ears always perk up when an interesting topic is being discussed. When she’s alone, she likes to look up at the sky and think. Sometimes, she’ll write down some of the thoughts that cross her mind.

Flaws

Coward- Beneath her calm smile and friendly demeanor, there’s a scared girl who wishes she was back home with her normal friends and normal family. While she might hide it well, when push comes to shove, when the possibility of death is present, she will instinctively run to save herself. She can’t be relied upon when adversity rears its head. When it matters most, she will be unable to do anything. She knows this well and always takes care to avoid any such situations.

Grounded- She cannot understand how people would be willing to sacrifice themselves for ideals or people they don’t know, but she is thankful that they exist regardless. If someone she cares about begins to become too self-sacrificial, she will try to “bring them back to reality.” Because she believes that she could never do what those who are truly noble do, it has become somewhat of a self-fulfilling prophecy. While she thinks that morality and beliefs are important, she can’t understand those who would die for them.

Weak-willed- Though she knows the best thing to do would be to always stand up for what’s right, she often finds herself unable to defiantly stand against groups of people. Therefore, she usually takes the role of a passive observer in group conflicts, despite having well-defined opinions of her own in the matter. While she might show quiet support to those she agrees or sympathizes with after the fact, she’s ultimately too weak to actually defend them when the time comes. She hates this aspect of herself, and tries to make up for it by taking firmer stances in one-on-one conversations.

Skills:

[<Dagger> Skill] [Rank 1] (+3 DMG)

SP Remaining: 1/5

Inventory:

New Character Bundle: Set B (DPS Package)
Equipment

• <Origin> [Tier 1] [Rare Dagger] (Enhancements: Keen 2)

Consumables

• (3) Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)

Roleplay Log:

[SP-F1] A Cup of Tea (In Progress)

Edited by Orchid