[PP-F27] Because we’re Adventurers <<MD:Dagan>> (Lessa)

"What?" Jomei would question Lessa with a chuckle. He had noticed that the miners were pretty filthy, but that was normally expected in their line of work. The realization finally dawned on him that they were probably dirty from crawling through the tunnel.. the same one he had gone through.. twice. The smirk he wore slowly faded, as he would take his thumb and run in across his cheek. Gross. Before he could even say anything else, he felt a gentle hand on the top of his head, fingers running through his dirty, ginger locks. For a brief moment, he couldn't take his eyes off of hers, though her gaze was more focused on the quick grooming job she was doing. However, as their eyes met, what felt like a spark in the tiniest of moments, Jomei turned his eyes away with a small, bashful laugh to himself. "Thanks." he'd say, as she continued to assist him, trying all she could to get that vibrant green back to his shoulders. 

"Hey, that sounded right." he joked with her, "But, maybe you shouldn't say it like that to his face.. might get a stern talking to." adding on with a wink before falling in step with her, making their move back to Dagan proper. 

________

Their hope of thanks was squashed as, instead, they received more requests for help. Jomei shot Lessa a sidelong glance with pursed lips. "Yeah, sure.. I suppose Srona was on our list to check out anyway." the ginger responded plainly. Before they could leave, however, Lessa brought up the phrases that the old librarian, Destin, had mentioned. The whole reason they were meeting with each of the cities leaders. 

"What?"

Jomei certainly wasn't expecting that response. And, honestly, he didn't know what else to say either. The anticipation of learning what exactly these phrases meant had been building up. Now, it just felt as though they were on a wild goose chase. All Jomei could do was sigh heavily. "Destin at the Library in Ronbaru mentioned it... Some kind of secret phrase passed down through generations, maybe some piece of a poem or prophecy. I don't know exactly." he felt a bit silly asking.. especially if Tiberius really had no idea what they were talking about. 

The man took a long moment, staring down at his desk as he pondered the two players' request. With a single blink, something seemed to have clicked. Clasping one hand over another, he would look at a ring he wore on his thumb. "... My father gave me this ring.. and apparently his father before him." Slipping it off of his finger, he would closely examine the ring, his eyes going wide as he looked at an inscription on the inside. He began to speak, though the words were unfamiliar to Jomei. The entire language he spoke was unfamiliar, and Cardinal didn't bother to translate it. "The language of old.. we don't use it much anymore but.. our ancestors spoke it. Here, I'll write down its meaning for you. But please, if you already plan to visit Srona, please speak to their apothecaries for us."

Jomei would turn to Lessa, "Guess we've got our next stop then.. but first, I think I need to find a place to clean up." 

Thread Complete
Total Word Count: 8863

Jomei: (8863/10) * (10) * 0.7 = 6204 + 500 EXP = 6704 EXP
500 + 200 Col = 700 Col
Perfect Cooking Consumable: 
Rock Roast: Perfect Tier 4 Meal | MIT / MIT / MIT |

Lessa: (8863/10) * (9) * 0.7 = 5584 + 500 EXP = 6084 EXP
500 + 200 Col = 700 Col
Perfect Cooking Consumable:
[Awaiting Confirmation]