[PP-F1] <<Earning A Living>> (Cinika, Shade) [Closed]

She smiled as she had known she had wanted to become an artisan for a while now. She had sent a PM to one of the older players of SAO. She then awaited fro his arrival. She didn't know how to learn to be an artisan, "Maybe he would know" She had thought in her head as she sent the message and awaited for the ray of light toward the teleportation pod. She smiled as she saw the array of light hit it and a person with red and black jet hair had came from the flash of sudden light. She suddenly smiled at it, knowing it had been the boy she had sent the PM to. "Hi, I'm Cinika." She had said as she saw the man, while extending her hand out to him.

Shade walked out of the light and saw the girl greet him. He crossed his arms and turned his head. "Hmph. Let me make one thing clear, I didn't come along to play, 'Nicies'. Let's get this over with." Shade said, ignoring her hand. A small black and red draglin crawled out from Shade's hood and looked at the girl, yipped and hopping onto her shoulder, nuzzling her neck as Shade ignored them both.

"Wow, someone's cold right little dragon?" She had asked the dragon petting his numerous scales as she had looked forward. She then took her hand away from the center of the conversation. "So, do you know about getting the artisan job?" She had asked smiling at Shade as she had walked forward, unsure of where to go or what to do to complete the quest. Smiling at Shade as she had looked back. "I'm unsure of what to do to get the job, how did you get the blacksmith job exactly?" She had asked Shade as she had looked back at him, slowly turning around to face him once again.

Shade grimaced and looked back to her. "I had to slaughter an entire mountain of goblins, then blackmail their leader to teach me the craft of their people. I doubt that's how it would work for an Artisan. Of course, we can always find an Artisan and blackmail him, if that's your style of doing things." Shade said, wandering the town with the girl.

She saw the man start to talk, wandering into an artisan shop... She had glanced around at millions of artworks smiling at them as she went up to the front. "Do you think you could teach me to be a artisan?" She had asked the store managed smiling at her as she had nodded and showed her the way to the back of the artisan place. She smiled at her as she saw a few pictures. "Could I try to draw one thing that you could show me how to make maybe?" She had asked while showing her a small picture of a necklace she had wanted to make for a long time.

Necklace_-_Heart.jpg

Shade looked over his shoulder as Cinika talked to the manager about an apprenticeship. He scoffed and crossed his arms, looking through the display cases at some of the jewelry. Burner the dragon rubbed his head against Shade's pant leg and looked up at his master. Shade ignored his dragon and tapped his foot. So this was how everyone else got apprenticeships? Pathetic. He hoped something worth his time would happen soon.

She smiled as she saw the Manager smile at her and began to take a heart shaped gem. The manager showed her how to stamp the jem by stamping a different gem, Cinika had watched the manager stamp the gem as she tried her hands out at it. She had failed, Cinika frowning as she gem had broke in her hands.

1=Epic fail

2-4=fails

5-7=bad Item

8-9=Good Item

10=Uncommon Item

11=Rare Item

12= Perfect Item

Shade looked over his shoulder and scoffed. "Surely you didn't bring me along to watch you mess up with making gems? Because I-" He then remembered how he had yet to actually make something worth while in his own forge, and decided he may as well not judge. "...Whatever." He said, turning his attention away again.

Cinika began to giggle at how Shade had messed up with english. She pointed at him, "Word failure!" She had spoke as she turned her attention back toward the pink gem starting to puncture a hole in the small gem again. Once again, she had failed frowning at the shattering gem. This time the manager frowned too. This time she had slowly puncturing a smaller hole, giving Cinika another gem to try to complete her sketch.

1=Epic fail

2-4=fails

5-7=bad Item

8-9=Good Item

10=Uncommon Item

11=Rare Item

12= Perfect Item

Shade scoffed and glared at her. "Ha. Gem failure. And for the record, I'm Dutch. So swinging from Dutch to English and then to Japanese has it's effects, girl." He said, then crossed his arms as Burner looked up at him. "What're you staring at?" He scoffed at Burner, who scurried away and crawled up onto Cinika's shoulder.

"Man, what did burner ever do to you?" She scolded Shade as she pet Burner's scales again as she attempted to make the gem once again, them both getting mad at the gems which had been braking. She then tried to pop a hole into the top of the heart type gem. "Once again a fail?" She had yelled out of anger at the gem as she had threw it into a bucket behind her. Trying her hands at another gem that the manager had given her.

1=Epic fail

2-4=fails

5-7=bad Item

8-9=Good Item

10=Uncommon Item

11=Rare Item

12= Perfect Item

Shade yawned and looked back to her. "I see you're taking your sweet time." He said, crossing his arms and pacing the room. "And how exactly are you going to pay for all these gems? I doubt there's an RPG out there that simply gives you gems for free." Shade said, looking out the window.

She hadn't commented on what Shade had said, instead she kept looking at the gem. trying to slip a hole into the heart's U turn in the top right. slowly puncturing a hole, hopefully. This time she had done it, not really breaking it but atleast she had punctured a hole into it, putting a thread into it as she smiled at the bad item, it had been her first not quite a fail of some sort, but atleast it was something. She smiled at Shade. "I might want to try for a better Item I'll look if I have any other sketches.." She smiled at him as she kept on her seat looking through her inventory for any sketches.

1=Epic fail

2-4=fails

5-7=bad Item

8-9=Good Item

10=Uncommon Item

11=Rare Item

12= Perfect Item

Shade rolled his eyes and looked outside, as the sky got to a darker shade of cobalt and street lights flicked on. "You've already failed so many times. What exactly keeps you so bent on the idea that you'll succeed soon? Honestly, I don't have the faintest idea why."

She tried her hands at it again, finding a sharp tooth kind of black gem, making this for Shade secretly as she began to puncture a hole into the top of the tooth, waiting for the result. Seeing the bad item appear felt bad. "Umm... If I were to give you this would you take it?" She asked while putting a silver string into the hole of the charm.

Shark-Tooth-Necklace-150x150.jpg

1=Epic fail

2-4=fails

5-7=bad Item

8-9=Good Item

10=Uncommon Item

11=Rare Item

12= Perfect Item

Shade glanced over his shoulder and saw Cinika offering a small necklace to him. It looked awful, blocky, and poorly made. Yet somehow, Shade felt obliged to accept it. "I... Guess I'll wear it, if it keeps you from crying." He said, slipping it on and turning his attention away from her again. Though it wasn't much, Shade actually liked the necklace quite a lot. Though he didn't dare show it on the outside.

"So, do you want to get outta here, or should I make another necklace?" She asked Shade as She got off the stool and smiled at him as she did so, offering him choices. She didn't like to drag people along as if they were a ragdoll. Yet the manager came over to her and told her that she had been a good artisan if it had been her first time making a necklace. She smiled at the Manager. "Thanks." She spoke shyly and softly to her as she had blushed a bit and turned her attention back to Shade.

Shade looked to her and then back out the window. "Whatever you want. You're party leader after all." He said, looking at the names on his HUD. What also caught his eye was the time, showing it was late. "Of course, there's also not much to do during night-time. Shops will start closing soon enough."

She then waved to the manager. "Thank you for helping me out!" She had said while walking outside. "Thank you for joining me on this adventure, I guess this is a good bye." She spoke softly, looking at her shoes as she awaited for him to crush a crystal or something not expecting any welcome's. She awaited and watched curiously wondering what he would do next.

Shade crossed his arms and turned his head, looking down at the ground as he kicked a rock. "...Do you need help with anything else?" Shade spat out, kicking a pebble on the ground. Normally, Shade would have left and been half-way to his store by now. But after the necklace, he felt he had a debt to full-fill. And Shade wasn't one who ignored debts.