Registration Page

As you would expect on a forum registration, it displays the usual jargon. "Welcome to Name Here, abide by the terms of this site No Terms Here, our forum is powered by Software Here, you agree not to post Blank on Forum Name Here."

We should change ALL that. And make it fully fleshed out, in-character, as if you were creating your character in a game, make it real immersive from the word GO!

Currently this is what the normal jargon that's shown on our registration page.

By accessing “Sword Art Online RPG” (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”, “Sword Art Online RPG”, “http://www.sao-rpg.com”), you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use “Sword Art Online RPG”. We may change these at any time and we’ll do our utmost in informing you, though it would be prudent to review this regularly yourself as your continued usage of “Sword Art Online RPG” after changes mean you agree to be legally bound by these terms as they are updated and/or amended.

Our forums are powered by phpBB (hereinafter “they”, “them”, “their”, “phpBB software”, “www.phpbb.com”, “phpBB Group”, “phpBB Teams”) which is a bulletin board solution released under the “General Public License” (hereinafter “GPL”) and can be downloaded from www.phpbb.com. The phpBB software only facilitates internet based discussions, the phpBB Group are not responsible for what we allow and/or disallow as permissible content and/or conduct. For further information about phpBB, please see: http://www.phpbb.com/.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “Sword Art Online RPG” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “Sword Art Online RPG” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither “Sword Art Online RPG” nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.

I'm thinking of welcoming a player to the game, remind them this is an RP site, getting them familiar with the background/story and realm SAO takes place (obviously not the American British Civil War Victorian era). And remind them what their creating and what they're signing up for.

Maybe we could write a little narrative? Make a generic thing kind of like..

"The time is 2022 and the beginning of a new age, the age of Virtual Reality(VR) MMO's. This new found technology has given its players a new found sense of gaming. Immersing the player completely in a virtual reality, having the ability to use all five of the human senses in ways they could never possibly imagine. "

I know i just summed up the wiki version of it, but if we make it interesting and that people want to read it,pretty much expand it in a sense that its generic to all players. Then we can introduce them into the site, explaining that this is where there story begins then we can toss all the usual jargon at them.

"Short intro to series"

"Update: It is now the year 20XX and so far 3000 players have died. The rest are either fighting on the front lines, or hiding out in the towns in fear of getting killed. PKers have run rampart in the game...." something like that except snazzier because it's gotta be good.

I was also thinking a death counter on the RP pages maybe?

Not trying to be negative, as much as this will be taken negatively, however >_>;; most of the time, people don't read the fine print/user agreements in anything.... I don't atleast 8D

Soooo, if anything, something short, sweet, and simple will usually grab the attention.

Well that escalated quickly... (Couldn't resist using the meme *shot*)

Indeed, we could do chapters and as each 10 floors or so is cleared, we could add a new chapter? Active narrative that changes to what ever is happening in the RP! We can also add how many players have died since launch and dates?

I like this idea just as long as it doesn't get too out of hand.

The intent is not to write full novels, just simplify sum up what has happened like Guild made, players died, date (we'll make it up i guess) Notable Achievements like someone soloed a floor boss or single handed brought down a PK'er Guild.

But the initial thing we could do in a paragraph or two, showing how we are our own universe different from the actual series. Possibly have who ever is elected Chief Admin to replace the name of Kayaba Akihiko in our story.

Then at the very bottom, we can throw in the fine print that people like Sarasah dont read ;)

The intent is not to write full novels, just simplify sum up what has happened like Guild made, players died, date (we'll make it up i guess) Notable Achievements like someone soloed a floor boss or single handed brought down a PK'er Guild.

But the initial thing we could do in a paragraph or two, showing how we are our own universe different from the actual series. Possibly have who ever is elected Chief Admin to replace the name of Kayaba Akihiko in our story.

Then at the very bottom, we can throw in the fine print that people like Sarasah dont read ;)

I see where your mind is, you want to create a longer version =P So who is going to write this out then?

• 1 year later...