[PP-F2] Mountain of Mats (Keith, Yunah)

Keith had been wandering the floors for awhile, mostly gathering gear for the upcoming boss fight. While doing so, he had met an aspiring Blacksmith named Yunah. Keith, who was one to help out someone wanting to achieve their goals, messaged her, telling of all the glorious ores on Floor 2. He sat in an inn and waited for her to arrive, tipping in his chair as he balanced a spoon on his nose.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yunah woke up with a noisy yawn, as she stretched while sitting up. she rubbed her eyes and then swiped her hand, to put on her cloths, but what she found was that she had a message. she had spent the night on the fifth floor, attempting to aquire matts so that she could open up her Blacksmithing shop, but she hadn't found any yesterday and she wanted to get in before the pkers got out.

The Message read

"Yunah ;) there is ALOT of Matts in the mountains on the second floor, come to the inn there and we will talk"

Sent from Keith...

Yunah rolled her eyes as she got out of the comfortable bed and then quickly selected her cloths then ran out of the inn and to the teleport stone, once there she shouted "Floor two!" then she dissapeared from the fifth floor in a blue light a reappeared in a Foresty and mountainous floor... ahhh the foresty climate felt good compared to the desert she had just been in, she rushed to the in and found keith almost immediately. then she sat down in front of him and waited from him.

Keith stopped tipping in his chair as Yunah entered and the spoon fell off his nose. "Did you... Just wake up? It's like, afternoon. But whatever, point is, I think I know a place that has ores and then some all up in it!" He said with a smile as he pointed out the window to a large mountain outside, surrounded by trees. "I heard that there are materials in there up the wazoo! The catch is, it may be a little challenging to get to them" He said, looking back to Yunah.

"You see, the mountain has all sorts of rock attribute monsters on it, including golems and stone elementals. And the woods to get to it also have all sorts of wolves and bears, and once we get in there, we have to kill a whole band of bandits, then we can get to their material stash! So, you up for it?"

Yunah blushed a little in shame as Kieth accused her of just waking up... damn was it really that easy to tell? then he pointed to a mountain, Yunah looked out the window to see a fairly tall mountain up at the and she proceeded to stare at it whie Keith proceeded to explain the challenges ahead of them if they were to treck up there. she turned him to with a deadly strae and said "Yes, i did just wake up and YES lets do it." she said standing up and walking out the door of the inn expecting Keith to follow her, once she out of the inn she swiped her hand and invited Keith into her party and the waited for him on the outside of the inn.

Keith gulped and scratched his neck. "Y-Yeah, let's get going." He said, selecting <> On the party invite. He double checked his gear and then stepped out the door and next to Yunah. "Alright, leader, ready to get a move on? I'll let you decide which paths we should take. It is your materials we're out for, afterall." He said with a smile.

Yunah was surprised a little bit when Kieth called her leader... she really had no idea what in the world she was doing, she was just excited to get going. "weeeelllll, i really have no idea where im going so you should probably take the lead on this one... i was just excited to get going is all" then she simply stood there and waited for Kieth to make his move before she continued on.

Keith blinked and then gave a smile with a nod. "Alright! let's get a move on!" He said, as they made their way down from the town and into the forest. It was calm enough, with birds chirping and a few rabbits running across the dirt path every now and then. As they went deeper in, Keith couldn't help but notice the lack of enemies. So of course, he decided to try conversation. "So... What was life outside of SAO like for you?"

"So... What was life outside of SAO like for you?" Kieth said as they ran through the fields, towards there destination. wait?!? was supposed to ask these things? Yunah's outside life wasn't exactly the greatest thing in existence. actually it had been much much less than that, her life had been lonely and she had been poor. "my life outside of the game was much much worse then in here... in a way i actually kind of prefer SAO to the real world. she said, and meant every word of it. her life in here was much better than the one out there and she chose SAO over her crappy life any day of the week.

Keith got quiet, and decided against asking about it. "Um... Sorry if I hit a sensitive topic..." He said. 'Me and my big mouth...' He thought to himself, as he kept walking, he heard a barking noise coming from the bushes and saw two wolves jump out, snarling and barring their fangs at the two players. Keith drew his katana and looked to Yunah. "Ready for some action?" He said with a smirk.

Wolf 1: 5/5

Wolf 2: 5/5

Yunah: 13/13

Keith: 67/67

"Um... Sorry if I hit a sensitive topic..." Kieth said apologizing after Yunah had given her awnser... "Haha no worries it's all good" then she heard a growling sound from the bushes and she turned just in time to see two level one wolves jump out of the bushes. the grin acrossed Yunah's face matched something sinister and it probably looked creepy as hell... Yunah pulled out a two small needle like objects, then she flawless placed them in between her fingers and then made as if she was going to throw them. she felt the charge of her ability <> (Needs roll 7 or higher to hit) then she released sending the two needles flying at the wolf on the left.

Battle dice: MIss!

The wolf jumped out of the way of the needles and charged Yunah causing her to pull out her massive blue colored blade that she had stored on her back.

Keith saw the wolf charging at Yunah and he gripped the hilt of his katana, drawing it from the sheath that was at his side. He quickly stepped forward and set the blade on his shoulder, reducing fatigue and allowing him to come in for a quicker slash. He then got in between Yunah and the wolf and slashed.

He activated his skill <> and slashed at the wolf's muzzle, dealing a clean 6 damage and instantly destroying the wolf. It yelped and landed on it's side, slowly enlarging before bursting into blue crystals. "Looks like this next dog needs to get fixed!" Keith said, as the next wolf launched itself at them.

Yunah watched as the first dog shattered into pieces from one simple blow from Kieth... damn he was good. Yunah watced at the second dog quickly launched it's assualt, biting him in the leg, Yunah saw this as and opputunity and so she too her blue blade and charged the wolf. she wasn't just going to be some useless bystander and this quest as well. she wanted to prove to someone that she could be of somewhat of a use.

Battle Dice: hit! 1 damage

Yunah ran towards the beast and brought it down on the wolf that was still attacking Kieth's legs, the blade put a slash through it but the health bar only went down a a fifth of the way... wow what a loser that made Yunah look like. she kicked the dog for no damage to get it's attention so it would attack her instead of him.

"Thanks for the save!" Keith said to Yunah. Though she might have seen her attack as much, she still had prevented the wolf from biting into his leg any farther. And to Keith, that was a bold thing to do. Now he was going to return the favor. He couldn't use <> For a while, and <> Was just a little overkill for a simple wolf. So of course, Keith would just fight normally.

Keith was able to ignore the pain in his leg and he quickly came forward, bringing his blade across the top of the wolf's head. It yelped in pain and fell back, hitting the ground with a thud. It bared it's fangs, starting to stand. "Oh, one more thing, my katana does bleed damage on a critical. So I'll let that sink in." And the second he finished sheathing his katana, the wolf burst into blue crystals, the bleed damage getting the better of it's last health point.

-Rewards-

Wolf Pelt x2

100 Col

Yunah sheathed her sword with a sigh as she wasn't even much help in the matter. she was her loot screen pop of with half of the loot it's self. one wolf pelt and 50 col. lovely well at least she got something for sucking so badly... Yunah shook her head. this was nothing like her... why was she get these types of thoughts into her head, she wondered. well it was time for her to attempt to start thinking positive. she accepted the loot then turns to Kieth. "Well are you ready for more?" she asked trying to sound a bit more optimistic for the rest of the journey

Item's gained

1 wolf Pelt and 50 Col

Keith accepted his half of the rewards and put away his katana. "Heck yeah! Let's get going!" He said with a smile as he walked on with Yunah. They made their way down the path and eventually began to go up a path on the mountain. "So what kind of metal do you hope to score?" keith asked, as they climbed higher.

"So what kind of metal do you hope to score?" keith asked as Yunah finished reading about the wolf pelt she had just gotten in her inventory... crap. she didn't really know any of the metals in this game, she just knew that she needed some to get her little shop started. well i guess now is as good a time as ever to find out. "W-well i don't really know much about the Mats in this game, and which ones do what... maybe you could tell me? she asked him kind of embarrassed at her lack of knowledge.

Keith whistled and scratched his nose. "Oh boy! There's tons! Come to think of it, I think I still have some materials in my inventory from a long time ago... Let me check..." He said, looking into his inventory and then bringing out a few bars of metal. "Here we are! I have two Star-Steel Ingots, and then I have five Silver Ingots. I'm not a Blacksmith, so I figure you can put them to much better use." he said with a smile, sending the bars to Yunah.

OH!.... uhh thank you Yunah said as she accepted the ingots into her inventory and then went through her invetory and looked at the item it self? "Okay so how do i tell what each of these bars does, like stat wise?" the different possibilities with smithing were endless in Yunah's mind and she got more and more excited about it the more she thought about it. she was excitted to get her little shop started, and so she quickened her pace a little bit as they continued up the moutains.

Keith tilted his head in thought before responding. "Hm... Well, Silver is a pretty basic metal. But Star-Steel, oh boy that's something else. It's intensely durable, and it's light weight too. So it's a pretty wicked speed-type metal. I heard that the mountain we're heading to has materials like <>, <>, and all sorts of other goodies too!"