[PP-F6] Facing Goliath

Miaki was finishing up his alchemy experiments in his small shop on the 6th floor. He had made plans to go exploring with Yunah to one region where it was said that everything appeared larger than life. The idea sounded like fun and it would be interesting if what they said was true and everything really was larger compared to the norm. He sat at his alchemy table in the small closet he called a room and worked away at a new potion he was trying.

Checking his notes on previous attempts, Miaki hoped that this time he would make some progress. He called out to his NPC assist who ran the shop while he was out. "Levi! I'm expecting some company. Would you let me know when she gets here? Her name is Yunah."

The sandy haired 19 year old poked his head in the oversized closet Miaki used for his workplace. "Of course sir."

"Thank you kindly." Miaki said, while turning a few pages in his lab book.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yunah was sprinting towars Miaki's shop... she was late. her hair was a mess and her amour had barely even been put on before she had left the inn that night. why did she always seem to sleep in? well it didn't matter now, all that mattered was getting to Miaki's shop... and quickly. she reached his shop only 3 hours after she was supposed to have been there. not to late right? the NPC standing behind the counter seemed to perk up when she saw Yunah's name and dashed into the back room. great... Miaki was expecting her.

As Yunah came through the door of Miaki's shop, Levi stood up and bowed from behind the counter. "Ahh Yunah-San konnichiwa. Watashi namae wa Levi desu. Dozo yoroshiku." He walked over to the storage room that connected the main shop to the laboratory Miaki used. "Master Miaki, Yunah-San has arrived."

"Oh yes. Thank you. Just let me finish up this potion real quick." Miaki shouted to Yunah in the front room. "I'll be right there! I just have to finish this- oh crap. Just a minute." The sound of clinking glass beakers and vials could be heard from the back. A minute later he emerged from the back brushing off a thin layer of powder from his apron. "Sorry about that. Trying some new combinations and well haven't figured out the right measurements exactly yet."

Yunah nodded in understanding as Miaki gave his explanation for the terrible sounds comming from the back room. well at least he wasn't made at her for being 3 hours late... now that she thought about it he probably just sat in there and made potions the entire time and wasn't even concerned about the time. "I completely under stand." she said to him wanting to make sure he got the message "Well then if you ready... may we go?"

"Oh I'm ready." Miaki said, with a hint of excitement. He tore off the apron he had on and hung it up next to his trench coat. "No point in taking that thing in the jungle. I learned the hard way that it's not fit for this floor that much at all. Miaki had underneath the apron an olive green vest with a black short sleeve under that. He also wore matching cargos and black boots. His katana was strapped to his back this time instead of on his waist as it usually was. "Let's go then. Uhh Levi, I'll be out for a while. Alert me if anything happens while Im out."

"Yes, of course sir."

"Thank you. And let us be off Yunah." He said as he lead her out the door.

"Can do Miaki" she said turning around and heading out the door... this would be the third time the two of them had adventured together. first the boar. then the lizard. what this time a giant? Yunah giggled at the thought of facing a giant, that seemed all to strange to her in SAO and so she continued on her merry side by side next to Miaki.

They traveled along a small river which broke off from a much larger one that Miaki assumed crossed most of the sixth floor. He wiped away a small bead of sweat that dripped down his forehead. It was then that he realized he forgot his fedora and left it hung up beside his trench coat. "Blast! Forgot my hat. Oh well no point in getting upset over it." He ruffled his medium length strawberry-blonde and and shrugged. "If we keep following this river we should get there in no time at all. You excited Yunah?"

Yunah Hadn't even noticed the fact that his hat was missing from the top of his head. she giggled a little bit at his strawberry blonde hair and then looked out at the beautiful river that they were walking along and let out a small "wow" then she kept walking, and when Miaki ask her if she was excited she replied almost immediately with a "Oh Hell yeah" she was super excited to see what was in this MASSIVE forest that she kept hearing about.

He threw his first in the air. "YES! Gigantic Forest place thing here we come!" He said laughing at himself. "Oh! You know, I don't think I've introduced you to my familiar yet. Let me call him out. He'll be very helpful with navigating." Miaki reached into one of his breast pockets and pulled out a <> given to him by Keith ages ago on the 5th floor. He brought the whistle to his lips and blew a long blast. Through the trees a glimmer of light was seen flying through.

Once clear of the trees, a small silver winged falcon dove towards water and glided across it before gliding towards them and landing on Miaki's extended forearm. "This here is <>." He said, displaying the small bird standing at 23 cm.

"Familiar?" Yunah said just before the whistle blew loudly in her ear and she saw a silver hawk come flying down from up above and land on Miaki's extended arm."That is so cool!" she exclaimed running over towards Miaki in order to get closer to the bird. "Can i pet it?" she asked wanting to feel the birds soft feathers and just simply feel hat the bird felt like.

Miaki started to move his arm in the direction of Yunah. "Sure. I'll even let you hold him." With his right hand he guided her arm and held it out for Silverwing to land on. "There you go. Alright Silverwing. Up" He shook his arm a little and pointed to Yunah's held out arm. The falcon spread it's wings and flapped them as it landed on her arm. "He's very gentle. Well when he isn't hunting something. Go ahead."

Yunah held her arm out nervously for the bird. then Miaki told it to go to her and it did as commanded. she flinched a little bit as it landed on her, the she slowly openned her eyes to find the falcon looking at her with it's cocked head, and this made her giggle a little bit. then she stuck a hand out and slowly pet the top of the head of the falcon, it showing its excitement as she did so. "It's so soft... and pretty too."

Miaki snapped his fingers. "I almost forgot there are a few things I have for you." Miaki opened his inventory and selected three items which materialize in his hands. They were a <>, <>, and a armband with the Azure Brigade emblem on it. "These two armor pieces are for you. I know you still need better armor but I thought this would be a start. I'd also like for you to join the Azure Brigade. Would you accept my invitation to the Brigade?" He asked her.

"Thank you! for the Armour Miaki-San, i love it!" she said swiping her hand and equipping the amour. then the next part shocked her a little bit more "W-wait.... you want me? on the Azure Brigade?" she was shocked.... she wasn't that good of a player, actually she wasn't good at all. WAIT! she got an idea... "I'd love to join! but only on one condition... you let me go on a boss raid with the guild. she said as she eye smiled at him.

Miaki watched her expression of surprise while he had a big grin on his face as she equipped her armor faster than anyone else he had seen before. She was admiring the new gear then looked at the armband of the Azure Brigade. Yunah's eyes showed even more surprise as she stared at the armband.

"I'd love to join! but only on one condition... you let me go on a boss raid with the guild."

Miaki was taken aback by her demands for joining. "Wh-what? But that's insanely dangerous. I can't send you in there!"

"Wh-what? But that's insanely dangerous. I can't send you in there!" Miaki said in reaction to Yunah's demands "B-but come on.... i've gotten stronger and you know this, and besides rumors aroud SAO are saying that this is the largest raid party you guys have EVER assembled, pleaseeeee just give me one chance to prove you wrong. she begged and pleaded him to let her go... she had always wanted to see what it would have been like on the front lines, and here was the perfect opportunity. she was finally getting the chance and she wasn't going to let it slip through her fingers.

After debating back and forth for ages Miaki finally sunk his head and caved. "Are you the daughter of a lawyer or politician? Cause you drive a hard bargain." Glancing at Silverwing on Yunah's arm he said to the falcon. "What do you think buddy?" The falcon gave a small screech and flapped it's wings for a moment. He placed his hands on his hips and shook his head with a look of admitted defeat. "Alright. You win. I'll add you to the roster and put you with the Founders' Council from the Azure Brigade. Perform at your best and promise me you will retreat at the first sign of trouble."

Yuna squealed with delight as agreed to let her go on a boss raid with the rest of the guild "Yes, yes i will and you won't regret this i promise" she saiid with excitement written all a crossed her face as she looked down at her new arm band and mouthed the words <> then squeled once more. then she ran over and hugged Miaki, the Falcon flying off of her arm and landing of MIak's Shoulder "Thank you MIaki-San"

Miaki laughed when Yunah jumped forward and hugged him. He held her for a moment and patted her on the back. "DÅitashimashite Yunah-Chan." After a moment they let go and Miaki looked further down the river. "Why don't we get moving Brigadier Yunah? Up for a run?" He looked at his falcon and command it to fly out and scout ahead. "Let's hunt some giants."

"YES SIR!" Yunah said giving a cut little salute and then started sprinting down along the river, before Miaki could even mention the part about the Giants, by then she was already way up stream, and she was at a dead sprint heading towards the giant forest in front of her.