parry skill  

5 members have voted

1. 1. parry skill

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

First of all, when you attempt a parry, you (on your last attack) tell him that you are attempting to parry.

Ten, after his post, you describe your post.

Then, you actually attempt your attack in a post after.

Lv.0 parry skill

Can not be used

Lv.1 parry skill 5 turn cool down

1-4 opponent does double damage

5-6 opponent does normal damage

7-9 no damage dealt

10- counter(1 damage back)

Lv.2 4 turn cool down

1-3 opponent doubles damage

4-5 opponent's damage regular

6-8 no damage

9- counter(1 damage back dealt)

10-critical counter(2 damage back dealt)

Lv.3 4 turn cool down

1-3 double d

4-5 rwg. D

6-7 no d

8-9 counter

10- crit. Counter

Lv.4 4 turn cool down

1-2 double d

4- reg. D

5-7 no d.

8-9 counter

10- crit. Counter

Lv.5 3 turn cooldown

1-4 rwg. D.

5-6 no d.

7-8 counter

9-10 crit counter

I appreciate that you are trying to expand ideas on the board but Parry is already built into the combat system. the current mechanics work as follows:

the skill has only one point. putting the point allows you to use the skill

on a successful battle die roll, the player takes half incoming damage and redirects half incoming damage back at the person who attacked.

On a Critical success (9-10), a parry will redirect all damage back at the person who attacked.

Parry takes your attack action which means using it counts as your attack. its benefit is that you take less damage, but depending on your gear you may be doing considerably less damage back. it is particularly good to use if you are fighting someone who does considerably more damage than you. keep in mind that redirected damage is still subject to their armor as if you attacked normally.

if you have any further questions about how to use Parry please contact Saix or myself.

Clearly defining out the skill system is a project nearly complete by staff becuase it is so hard to find how to use these skills. Offically parry does nothing untill the system is put inplace. However much of the instituted system is based around the skill system listed in saix' skill system topic that you can find in this forum. None of it is offical so I wouldnt go trying to enforce it but the concepts are sound.

I wrote the earlier post not as a means to scold but just to inform those interested tjat this matter has already been decided upon and will be implamented so there is no need to try and design a new one. Im actually quite pleased that players are working to come up with ideas for how to solve problems as I myself did the same before I was put on staff. I just dont want you all to feel like your work was wasted trying to invent something that has already been decided upon.