[PP-F1] <<Earning A Living>> (Keith) [COMPLETE]

She had wanted to get a job; to pay for herself in food and weapons. She had decided to become a Artisan after thinking about her job from what seemed like forever. She sat by a nearby tree drawing small jewelry in a journal. She then looked around the grass and nearby plant life swaging left and right in the wind as she continued to sketch. She had now gotten up walking to a nearby bulletin boar seeing a small piece of paper saying that there was a quest to get a profession as she had accepted the quest, she knew of a very high leveled player and thought "Why not invite him?" in her head as she PMed the player that had owned the name of 'Keith'.

Keith was walking around Floor 1, for what reason? heck if I know, but he was there. He then stopped as a PM popped up in front of him. He opened it up and read through it, and not one to pass up on adventure, he eargerly headed towards the location provided. As he arrived, he saw Yuka and stopped, waving and smiling as he walked over. "So, you wanted my help with something?"

"Well I wanted to meet you, along with maybe take a quest with you. Is that okay with you?" She asked Keith before introducing herself. "Oh, I completely forgot to introduce myself. My name is Yuka." She smiled at him as she shyly replied to him. She was glad he was friendly, like most of the people she had met on her adventures.

Keith smiled and tilted his head, offering his hand for a shake. "Well, it's nice to meet ya, Yuka! I'm Keith, as you may already know. And I'm happy to help you out with a quest. Heck, I got nothing better to do!" He said, sending a party invite to her as he slid open his menu.

"Okay!" Yuka had said before nodding and accepting her the party request. "So-- how do I complete this quest?" She asked Keith before mindlessly trailing off into her own nonsense world. "Sorry I just didn't know how to complete the quest-- since you are a taylor and all I wanted to ask you how might a future artisan become one..." She had said as she was still unsure how to make COL and complete the complex quest.

Keith tilted his head and scratched his head. Well... In all honesty, it seems as though it changes judging on what profession you pick. So I have no clue where to start to become an Artisan. Do you know where we might look?" He said, crossing his arms and looking to Yuka for her reply.

"Maybe a professional artisan..." She said as she sees a professional looking store wondering if this might be what she was looking for. "Does this look like a nice place for a artisan tutor to be at?" She asked Keith, wondering if it had been a good decision to go in or if it wasn't.

Keith tilted his head and thought for a bit, pondering if that was the best course of action. "Well... We can certaintly try getting the profession that way... Let's see if it works." He said with a smile, stretching his arms with a yawn as he readied to follow Yuka.

She grinned and nodded to Keith as she continued inside... "Hello... Anyone here?" She asked as she looked around seeing a front desk and hearing some weird noises, something of hammering coming from near the entrance, she walked inside the back seeing a tired face. "Oh my, another customer, go to the front, will ya'?" She said as Yuka decided to interrupt her. "I'm not here as a customer, ma'am I wanted to learn the art of being an artisan.." Yuka had explained as she looked over to her, seeing the woman already as tired as can be.

Keith rubbed his head in thought and looked out the window. The day was turning to dusk, so it would make sense the woman was tired. He then shrugged, and leaned against the wall. He just decided to lean back and see how this was going to be handled.

She grinned at Yuka, She had needed help completing the jobs she had. She gave Yuka a small thread along with a box of many jewels. Yuka grinned as she attempted to start to make something of sorts going into the back and kneeling next to a counter and putting the needle through some of the string and attempting to make a piece of jewelry of sorts grabbing a small jewel that and been a deep purple had a teardrop like shape as she attempted to finish the jewelry. She had made a bad item, the NPC looking at it and saying that she could try to salvage the item at the next attempt she could.

[OOC - Will roll for recovery next post.]

Rank 1: Starting rank and 2 Crafts a day

1=Epic fail          1 EXP (lose mats if crafting)

2-4=fails            1 EXP (lose mats if crafting)

5-7=bad Item     1 EXP (50% chance to salvage mat's in repeat quest)

8-9=Good Item   2 EXP

10=Uncommon Item 3 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)

11=Rare Item          5 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)

12= Perfect Item     8 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)

Keith yawned and rubbed his neck, tapping his foot as he waited for her to get ready. He was never exactly a, 'Sit-Down-And-Wait' type, he had a more get it done fast type of deal. He tried whistling to pass time and looked on his HUD to see how late it was.

She had then attempted to recover the item. Correcting any mistakes she could see. Unfortunately the item she had foraged was only a good item, not anything special, she had wanted to make something greater then some 'good' item. She sat the good item aside. Now determined as she took out another thread and trying it to the needle. She took another jewel as she attempted to make another item; greater then the last item she had crafted seeing keith nearby looking a bit board.

[OOC- Will post craft next post.]

Keith looked at pieces of jewelry through the class at the counter, yawning as he rubbed his neck. "Yeesh... Can we get a move on? I'm fallin asleep over here..." He said, sighing as he tapped his foot, looking at the in-game time to get going.

"S-Sorry i'm making you wait on me, I'm not so good at making jewelry!" She quickly stuttered toward Keith as she attempted to once more craft another amulet grabbing a random jewel from the bucket o' jewels she had nearby. Slowly putting the gem through a string and trying to make the piece of jewelry. She had finally made a better item then the good she had made she grinned at it putting it in the save pile as she smiled at Keith and gave him a thumbs up eager to craft far greater items then this.

He smiled over to her for a moment looking at the bucket of jewels. He picked one up, examining it and the many decorations on the stone. "Wow, maybe you could make me something..." He grinned over to her as he put back down the stone and looked back to her awaiting for her to do something more. It had been pretty interesting what Artisans could craft.

She grinned over to him as she started to craft a small ring for Cicila, yet she didn't want Keith to know who it was for until she fully made it. She started to take a nearby piece of iron, slowly crafting it and molding it into the item she had wanted to give to Keith to give to Cicila. She growled as the item had failed to be crafted. The white jewel she had placed gently inside the crafted ring had exploded into many shards. Now she had to attempt to craft something better.

He looked down at the item becoming molded into a smaller item as it then exploded into many shards as if glass. He stared down at the girl get aggravated by what had exploded in her craft. "Don't worry, you will get it next time!" He had said to her as she continued to look towards her busy attempting to craft.

She attempted once more to craft the item she had wanted to craft for Cicila. Crafting the small shape and molding it once more hoping not to fail this time as she put the jewel inside the crafted place made especially for the jewel. Once more she failed, swearing a little from the fail. "NEXT TIME I WON'T FAIL!" She shouted at the shattering item as she attempted to craft once more.

Keith whistled and looked at his in-game time. "Ah man... C'mon, I'm growing a beard over here!" He said, slumping against the wall as he waited. "Can't we like, go get more jewels in a dangerous dungeon or something? I mean, really..."