[PP-F5] Sand of Change

In the settlement of Armadillo sat alone in small tavern Ouroboros, apart from all the other players in the tavern, trying to have a drink. She wasn't accustomed to strong drinks, rarely able of making it past the first glass. "Too strong like always..." She muttered to herself looking at the other players around her, they were mostly in pairs or in groups, and causes her to sigh remembering a sad fact. She lacked someting crucial in games like this one, friends or loved ones. I need to work on talking to others, I won't make it far on my own here... If only it wasn't so hard to talk to people... She sighed laying her head down in defeat.

Lithe, who was drinking a class of tea not to far off, jumped slightly with a squeak as she heard the sound of a thud. She looked over and saw a girl had hit her head on the bar, and she scratched her chin. Nobody else was there with her, so, why not change that? Lithe walked over slowly, and sat down next to her. Kicking her legs back and forth slowly as she whistled, letting her presence be known.

Ouroboros felt someoned had sat near her, but ignored it thinking it was just coincidence until she heard the whistling, glanced up to see who was sitting next to her. She surprised to find a girl sitting there, looking at her, and watched her quietly for a few seconds. She swallowed nervously and carefully sat up still keeping her eyes on the girl. "U-um... C-can I h-help you?" She asked softly, her voice a little more loudly than a mouse's squeak.

"Well, I couldn't help but notice you were here all alone, Miss. So I decided to come over and chat a little! I'm Lithe! What's your name?" Lithe asked, giving a bubbly smile and offering her hand for a shake as she took another guick sip of tea, with her pinky raised. She really did like talking to people, but usually she would get told to scram, or buzz off.

Ouroboros looked at the girl surprised, and somewhat terrified, slowly reaching out to her hand. "I-I'm Ouroboros, a p-pleasure to m-meet you Lithe." She sighed looking at her drink and blushed slightly embarrassed by the girls observations. "I am very much alone... I don't really have many friends, a-also I'm not very good talking to people..." Her voice sounded like it belonged to some pre-puberty girl from its high pitch accompanied by her slightly terrified appearance, she was never very good at talking with others.

Lithe relaxed a little bit, seeing she might have come on a little strong. "Gosh, I'm such a wanker... Did I come on a little strong? Sorry, Ms. Ouro..." Lithe said, settling back down in her seat and trying to keep her hyper-active attitude in check from now.

Ouroboros looked at the girl surprised, but quickly smiled nodding. "It's okay... I'm such really shy that's all..." She swallowed nervously and sighed, looking at her glass. "T-thank you for coming to talk to me, I'm sorry for bothering you to such an unnecessary extent. You're very sweet being so kind though, so thank you..." She began to calm herself and regain her compusure. "Though could I interest you in a drink as payment Lithe? I insist..."

Lithe gave a bubbly smile and settled down in her seat, nodding happily. "Can I have some orange juice? Or apple, if they don't have any orange." She said, humming softly and swaying side to side. She was happy she had made a friend, and was genuinely happy to be there that day.

Ouroboros slightly giggled at witnessing Lithe's behavior and nodded slowly. "I'll order you some juice then." She signaled the bartender, ordering the drink, and looked at the girl. "You're a very cheerful girl aren't you Lithe?" She took a sip from her drink and smiled shyly at the girl, she was glad to be able to talk to someone and another girl at that.