[OP-F2] Late Night Art

Shade stood in one of the forested spots on floor two. His arms were crossed and he leaned back against a tree, glaring at the ground as he thought over all the recent events as of late. It was a lot to take in, and while most people would just panic and run around, Shade went to solitude, and thought it over in his head. He looked up at the black night sky and let out a deep breath. "...Just what purpose does this game hold?"

Meggido walks up, looking over at Shade.

"That right there, is your problem. Thats everyones problem here. Stop looking at this as just a game. It's not, its a second chance at a new life! Our bodies in the real world are being cared for, why worry about that place. We are here now, and thats all that matters. I for one, embrace this new life. Here, we can be strong. We can live, and fight, and be what we never could there. Why would anyone ever want to go back..."

His thoughts drift to his life back in the real world. All the fighting, the screaming, the abuse. But here that wasn't who he was. Here, he was becoming stronger.

Shade looked at the other player for a brief moment and then he ahead again. "Hmph. I honestly prefer this game myself. My family never cared for me outside. It was always too busy or they just didn't want to be bothered with me. I refuse to return to my life." He then stood as his small dragon poked it's head out from his hood. "That's why I can't have this game being cleared. The second it is, it's straight back to my old life. And I refuse to let that happen."

Meggido nods as Shade spoke. He understood, even if his reasoning was different. This game had to continue.

"You're right. I won't go back to that life. I refuse. This world is our life now, it is our home. Its up to us and those like us, to make sure others realize that, and prevent the game from being cleared. Otherwise, everything will just go back to the way things were..."

Shade looked at the moon and then back to Meggido. "I know precisely what you mean. But, I don't think we should use that word out here. We can never be too sure who may be around." Shade said, refering to the one word that drove fear through Aincrad. The word that any good-hearted player loathed.

Meggido nods, looking at the other two players that were standing there. Shade was right of course, that word shouldn't be spoken not out in public. There was a very real chance none of them would ever be able to enter the main settlements again soon, but there were other safe zones to rest in. There was the issue with gear, but they would manage. Meggido hadn't put his shop in the main settlement on floor 8 anyway so he could still access it.

"I didn't think anyone else in this game thought that way too. Ive been training because i don't want to be weak. The weak in this game will surely die, only the strong can survive."