[PP-F3/F1] <<Worn out Welcome>> Quest (Zero)

Ring-ring!

The bell chimed as Castiel entered <>. Today, he was to face initiation into the Knights of Christ guild; looking back, Cas was surprised at how far he's come already. The quest for his initiation was selected to be <>, and if sources were correct then Cas would also be able to obtain a piece of armor for use upon quest completion. "Hellooo...?" Cas called out, walking further into the building.

"What's all the racket?!" Gasping, Cas suddenly found himself face-to-face with a crotchety old man giving him the stink-eye. He took one look at Bebe, who was perched on Castiel's shoulder as per usual, and then waved a hand dismissively. "Go on now, scat! Shoo! No business here for Beast Tamers like you."

"Oh, hush, Griswold." And equally old woman hobbled into the room, smacking her husband upside the head lightly. "Don't be such a grouch." Turning to Cas, she smiled warmly, her care-worn face amiable. "I'm sorry, my dear, he can be rude sometimes. Can I help you, Sonny?"

Castiel returned her friendly smile. "Yes, actually! I was hoping I could start a quest for some leather armor." Just then, a quest acceptance window appeared in front of him...

*A few minutes later...*

Stretching, Castiel sighed. He had of course accepted the quest, and was then told by the old woman (Hanna was her name) that he needed to fetch four <> from the <> on Floor 1. So that's where he found himself, having used a <> to travel to Starting City. By now he had already left the town, settling down for the moment on a grassy hill with quite a few boar in sight and in the distance. He had his <> equipped, and he gripped the basic pole weapon with both hands as he sat cross-legged on the grass, awaiting the arrival of Zero (who was to be observing Castiel's performance.)

Bebe yawned, stretching out her feathery wings. "I'm bored, when is this guy gonna show up?"

Castiel snorted before replying. "Don't be so impatient, he'll be here soon."

"You're one to talk about being impatient." Bebe retaliated, nipping Cas' ear lightly.

Zero had teleported to Floor 1 ready to give the newest recruit for KoC a test, and quickly made his way out onto the fields where the boar's laid. He trekked over the fields, his three swords dangling by his side, and stopped as he spotted a figure on a hill. He slowly walked towards the figure, making out it was the recruit Castiel, and hurried up to the top of the hill. He looked at the Feather Dragon that accompanied Castiel and gave a slight smile, passing his hand through his white wild hair he bowed. "Forgive me for keeping you in wait for so long. Hope it wasn't a bother to either of you." He looked into Castiel's eyes, his iris' red as ever and his leather Dragon's Hide causing his pale skin to stick out, smiled and offered his hand.

"Cas, here he comes," Bebe alerted her master, ruffling her feathers excitedly. Castiel followed his familiar's line of sight, noticing the male player making his way over to him. Once the other player was in close range, Cas could read his username as <> with a green icon. He had pale skin that contrasted greatly with his leather dragon's hide armor, and a wild tuff of white hair atop his head. The three swords at his hip made it clear that he was an experienced fighter, too. Castiel was a bit taken aback when Zero bowed, apologizing for any tardiness.

Cas inhaled sharply when he connected eyes with Zero. Red irises?? They were haunting and yet gorgeous at the same time, like two rubies burning hot red on his face. Swallowing nervously, Castiel offered a shy smile and accepted the other boy's offer to help him to his feet. How gentlemanly. "N-No, it's fine, hehe..." Cas replied once he was now standing beside Zero. He noticed that the player next to him was similar in height and only an inch or two taller, and his features indicated that he was somewhere around Cas' age. He prayed to God that he wasn't obviously blushing right now.

"So...nice to meet you. I'm Castiel, and this is my dragon, Bebe," The brunet introduced himself and his familiar, holding out a friendly hand for Zero to shake. He then flashed a bright grin, beginning to feel more comfortable. "I hope I can show you my battle prowess today!"

Zero gently shook Castiel's hand and smiled nodding slowly. "I look forward to witnessing your capabilities in battle." He looked at the small creature that accompanied the boy and waved at it. The boy seemed near his age and slightly embarrassed by something, his Feathery Dragon was clearly a hyper little one. "Hello there Bebe. Now, how about we get down to business and see what you've got?" He placed his left hand on the butt of his three swords and glanced at the boar monsters that were about. "I'll be both assisting and witnessing your strength. Though I'm sure that you're capable of doing this even if I don't get involved."

He passed his right hand through his hair and stared at the open fields. He felt a slight breeze pick up and opened his menu sending a party invite to the boy. "This'll be a quick and easy exercise, so relax. No preassure, we can take all the time you need kiddo."

After shaking Zero's hand and listening to him speak, Castiel nodded as he watched the party invite window pop up in front of him. Selecting the 'O', he accepted the party invite. Now was the time to initiate combat. "Got it," Turning his attention to Bebe, he scratched the top of her head affectionately. "Bebe, honey, make sure to stay out-of-reach of the boars. I don't want you getting hurt."

Bebe huffed, flapping her wings and taking off into the air above the two players. "Hmph, wish you had more confidence in me; I'm not a baby. Anyways, I'll be up here if you need a-healing."

Grinning from a combination of his familiar's sassiness and his own excitement, Cas took a preparatory stance. "Alright...Let's go!" He then took off down the hill, aimed straight for the boars in a swift dash. The blade to his <> began to glow a deep cherry pink color as he readied his attack.

Soon Castiel closed in on one of the boars, his halberd raised high above his head. "SEIIII!!" He cried out, leaping forward and bringing the blade down aimed at the boar's head. Cas was using the Lunar Sword Skill.

Just as the blade was about to make contact, the combination of a fast reaction from the boar and a slight stumble on Castiel's part ended up having him just barely miss the targeted boar. Cas quickly regained his balance, blowing a subtle exasperated raspberry through his lips. Darn, he had been so close to landing the first hit.

Castiel: 11/11 HP

Bebe: 7/7 HP

Frenzy Boar 1: 5/5 HP

Frenzy Boar 2: 5/5 HP

Frenzy Boar 3: 5/5 HP

Frenzy Boar 4: 5/5 HP

Zero remained idle at the top of the hill as he watched his companion charge down at a boar. He glanced at the familiar as it retreated into a safe distance so it would not be in harms way. He looked back at the boy as he confidently charged forward confidently only to end up missing his target.

"Alright my turn." He slowly unsheathed his swords and held them firmly. He took a step back before dashing forward, down the hill, and towards the boar, raising the sword on his right hand against his back, the one in his left hand across his waist pointing back and clenching his teeth tightly on the hilt of the last one. His blades began to glow a milky white and coal black as he neared the boar, but overshot it and missed.

Zero: 17/17 HP

The two boars attacked were now about to retaliate. The first began to charge forward at Castiel, while the second swung its tusks at Zero. Both of them missed, however, most likely out of confusion from the surprise attack of the two players. They huffed and snorted with agitation, pawing at the ground with their hooves.

It seemed that Castiel wasn't the only one with accuracy issues at the moment, since Zero also failed to land his first hit. It was strange getting used to the whole hit-and-miss system within SAO. As the boars made their counterattack, Cas pirouetted out of the way, successfully dodging the boar that charged after him. In mid-twirl, he swung around his halberd using the momentum from his spinning, which activated the Whirlwind sword skill. Quite unfortunately, it seemed that the odds weren't in his favor as the attack missed once again.

"Awh, come on!" This was getting rather frustrating.

Zero sighed as he quickly turned to the boar, watching them closely. He glanced at Castiel and observed the boy attempting to attack the enemy monsters, missing again. "What a tedious and bothersome task..." He growled placing the blades of the two swords in his hands against the blade of the sword in his mouth. The three blades began to glow like before and Zero took a step back before charging forward at the boar. He charged into one of the boars dealing a fatal blow and causing it to bleed. "Checkmate. Castiel aim for another boar this one will die from bleeding right now."

(Sword Skill used: Bull Hunt, cooldown for 2 turns)

Frenzy Boar 1: 1/5 HP (Bleeding -1 HP for 2/2 turns)

The boar attacked by Zero's signature three blades was gravely wounded, and soon died from bleeding damage, its body exploding in an array of dazzling data. The other three boars snorted and grunted their disapproval, attacking the two boys head-on. Luckily their attacks either missed completely or were easily dodged by Castiel and Zero.

Frenzy Boar 1: 0/5 HP (DEAD) - Dropped 1 <>

Castiel watched in awe as Zero swiftly dealt with one of the boars, his chocolate-brown eyes wide. Zero was an incredibly strong player. Upon hearing the white-haired boy's instructions, Cas nodded, easily sidestepping one of the boars' charging attack. Turning to face the boar as it recovered from the recoil of its attack, Cas raised his halberd and brought it down diagonally at the boar's body. Unfortunately it seemed the move had in fact missed, and the boy facepalmed in exasperation. He heard Bebe sigh from up in the air; she must be equally frustrated that the battle system was not doing Castiel any favors at the moment.

(Sword Skill used: X Mark, 2-hit strike)

Zero glanced back at Castiel and watched the boy as he missed again. He quickly moved to the boy's side and gently nudged him with his elbow. "No need to fret Castiel, we all have bad days. Just keep trying and you'll get it eventually." He raised his swords in front of him, crossing them in an X, and moved them to the side in front of the blade in his mouth. He took a step back as the blades began to glow and charged at the boar slicing it.

(Sword Skill used: Demon Slash, cooldown for 2 turns)

Frenzy Boar 2: 2/5 HP

The <> attempted a retaliation attack, but one of them was greatly wounded and another already dead, so they were becoming rather panicked. Thus their attacks had poor accuracy and missed the two players completely. One of the boars squealed its distress.

Frenzy Boar 2: 1/5 HP

Out of the corner of his eye, Castiel watched as Zero began to approach him. Oh crap, he was probably going to tell him that he failed the initiation. He was about to prepare himself for the worst when instead, Zero simply nudged him in the side, giving him a few words of encouragement. Grinning, Cas' cheeks were rosy as he nodded in response. Thank goodness, Zero actually seemed like a sweet guy. People like that were often hard to come by in SAO. Watching admiringly as Zero connected another powerful attack, the boars failed at retaliating, so Cas decided to make his next move. His halberd's blade glowing once again, Castiel dashed past Zero, swiping at the legs of the already wounded boar. Although he missed for the fourth time in a row, this time Cas just shrugged it off and laughed because the boar died from bleeding damage anyway. As Zero said, everybody has their bad days.

(Sword Skill used: Rend, 2-hit strike)

Frenzy Boar 2: 0/5 HP (DEAD - Dropped nothing)

Zero glanced at Castiel as he attempted to attack a boar again and missed. He sheathed his swords and walked to the boy's side patting his shoulder. "I'll leave these two to you, if you need my help I'll be here." He stepped back as he looked at the boars. He knew he couldn't keep hitting the boars and leave his partner with nothing, and so he would not get involved again unless absolutely necessary for him to do so. "I'll watch how you handle these last two, you just focus on them."

One of the two remaining boars charged towards Castiel, attempting to land a hard blow. Its snout blew out puffs of hot air, eyes burning red with fury as it eyed its target. This time it was successful, landing a normal-damage blow that knocked Cas backwards.

Castiel: 10/11 HP

Castiel gave a solemn look to Zero as he discussed their next course of action. It was probably the best, seeing as Cas hasn't exactly helped at all yet in killing the boars. That was about to change. Cas nodded, turning back to face the monsters when... "Agh!" Castiel cried out, skidding backwards a few feet from the boar's charge attack. Ouch, that had hurt. But it was a weak attack, nothing he couldn't handle.

"Cas, be careful!" Bebe cried out, flapping her wings to stay stable up in the air.

"Don't worry; it was a weak blow," Castiel replied, smirking. Running towards the boar who had just attacked, Castiel focused on the creature's legs before sweeping his halberd beneath the boar. The first blow hit, rending a leg from the boar! Shouting, Cas brought the halberd back around, chopping off yet another limb. Success!

(Sword Skill used: Rend — 2-hit strike)

Castiel: 10/11 HP

Frenzy Boar 3: 3/5 HP