Higher Ranked Crafters able to Craft Better Items

Do You Support This Idea?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Support This Idea?

• Yes
    • No

So... while it is quite hard to do so with the rules, I think that a Blacksmith starting out in the game wouldn't really have the necessary skill to craft a weapon of quality that a level 30 would use in the front lines right off the bat... so my proposal is thus: The perfect category is different for each level of Crafter. A Novice Blacksmith's Perfect could constitute a blade having like... +1 BD and/or +2 DMG. While a Grandmaster's Perfect would be something like... '+2 BD, +1 DMG, on BD (die, not including any bonuses from weapon or other items) of 8 or greater, Blinds target for 3 posts. Blindness gives opponent -2 BD and negates bonuses from items. Special skills that grant extra BD are not affected.' Something like that, a Novice shouldn't be able to make something that powerful, even if they got the highest craft check right off the bat. So... scaling crafting. Yea or nay?

I think this is a great idea, for now, higher rank only means being able to get higher grade items easier, but not by alot. The only question I have is : How would you implement that? Like you said, the system isn't really made for that. Saix, and the other GMs maybe, would have to come up with some "chart" of possible enchancements depending on the blacksmith's/tailor's /artisan's rank when they crafted the item.