(SP-F1) Kayaba Akihiko Sighted Rumor

Angel smiled as he wandered around Starting City, his mind elsewhere. As he made his way to the Plaza area, he heard screaming and yelling. Not sure why players or NPCs would be panicking in a safe zone, he fears for the worst and draws his sword, rushing towards the source of the commotion. But when he got there, he wasn't sure what he was looking at at first. Standing there, wearing nothing but a cloak that covered his neck and parts of his face, was a man who Angel recognized instantly. It was Akihiko Kayaba, in the nude. Angel yelled as he covered his eyes, shielding himself from the horrific sight of Kayaba's digital ding dong. Then the man took off towards the market. Angel shook off the initial shock of the moment and for some reason took off after the game's creator. He sheathed his sword and activated his <> Skill. A trail of blue light trailed behind him as he followed Kayaba.

Angel followed close behind as Kayaba dashed through the streets. He jumped over benches, maneuvered through the crowd, and freaked everyone out. People were shielding their eyes as the naked man streaked through the floor. Angel tried to keep up but somehow this guy was keeping ahead of him. "Move! Get out of the way!" He shouted at the people in front of him. Everyone moved out of the way as Angel picked up more speed. Then the man Angel thought to be Kayaba made a standing jump straight up and onto one of the buildings nearby. When he did so his cloak flew around and showed everyone below what was hidden. Angel looked away as he continued after the Kayaba impersonator. "He had to be naked. He couldn't at least be wearing boxers." Angel grumbled to himself.

Angel quickly scaled the house as he continued. Kayaba was booking as he ran across the rooftops. Angel continued to charge after him, even though a lot of people had begun to take notice. They were pointing and shouting at the two as they ran across the roof. "Kayaba, freeze!" Angel shouted, thinking it may affect his target. But he just kept running and ignored Angel all together. As they neared the end of the roof, Angel looked around for a possible exit for him. There weren't any roofs nearby as they were coming towards the open market area. The nearest building was almost 25 feet away. Angel continued to pick up speed, thinking Kayaba would slow down when he realized he was trapped. But he didn't slow down.

Instead of stopping at the edge, Kayaba continued forward and jumped off of the roof. As he sailed over the market, his cloak billowed and waved around in the wind. Dozens of players yelled and pointed at Kayaba while Angel averts his eyes. He didn't slow down though and as he reached the edge if the house, he leaps and sores over the crowd. Again there are various yells and pointing as Angel looks back in Kayaba's direction. But this time he sees the player looking straight at him. As Angel looked into Kayaba's eyes, he saw something strange; it was pure coding. Various green numbers and letters rolled across his pupils when the color should have been. But the situation changed suddenly when Kayaba produced a massive, cleaver-like sword from no where. Instantly Angel was thrown out of balance and when he landed, he landed on the edge if the roof, barely getting a grip on the loose shingles. Angel looked up at Kayaba who still had the massive weapon in his hands. It was terrifying in its own way and after keeping eye contact for a few more seconds, Angel lost his grip and fell. Unfortunately, there was nothing underneath him and he landed on the hard ground. His vision got cloudy as he looked up to see players crowding around him. But what really got his attention, was that Akihiko Kayaba was missing. Then Angel closed his eyes and slipped into unconsciousness.

When Angel awoke, he was in a room that he recognized as an inn. He was in the bed, a blanket draped over him. He groaned as he sat up; his body was stiff from being immobile for so long. He rubbed his head and looked around. He was surprised to see another person in the room with him. It was a player, and a girl none the less. She was dressed in some high level gear and was looking at something in her menu. When she noticed him she closed the menu and looked at him. "So, you're finally awake huh? You took a nasty fall you know that?" Then she stood up and walked up over to him. Angel raised his eyebrow and turned his body to face her. "Who are you exactly?" He asked, not seeing a username above her head. She frowned at his question and crossed her arms. "You may call me sir or ma'am. I am Captain Lucy Mansine, NY police. I noticed that you were pursuing the man believed to be Akihiko Kayaba and I'd like to ask you one thing; Stay out of this. I'm in charge of this case and I don't need anyone getting in my way." Then she stood up and exited the room, leaving Angel alone. It took him a few seconds before he realized what had just happened.

After putting his gear back on and making sure everything was situated, Angel left the inn and returned to where he had last seen Kayaba. He looked up at the roof and paused. Where did Kayaba get the weapon from? Being naked he didn't have anywhere to hide it or a sheathe. He didn't open his inventory to get the sword either. Was it a skill? Whatever it was, Angel had to find Kayaba again. So he scaled the building's wall and got back to the roof. After getting up there, he started to walk along the top of the roof, looking for clues about where Kayaba would have gone. As he looked among the shingles, he found something.

Angel saw something shine in one of the open spaces between the shingles and when he went to inspect it, he saw that it was a piece of Col. It looked like a gold coin and Angel put it in his inventory. Money was money anyways. He took a few more steps before another shiny object caught his eye. And when he reached down to grab it, it was another piece of Col. As he put it away, he looked ahead and found more pieces of Col going in a straight line off the room top. "A trail," He said to himself. He started to run across the roof, following the trail of fallen coins.

Angel jumped from rooftop to rooftop, following the coins. He saw that the trail went for a while and picked up the speed. The he came to the last coin in the trail. As he picked it up, he didn't see any distinguishing marks on it or anything special about it. Then he turned to leave and froze in his tracks. Standing there, as naked as before, was Kayaba. He was standing there, starring at Angel. Both players were frozen as they starred at each other, neither one daring to make a move. Then Kayaba stepped forward. "I know you're following me. But I don't know why." Then he drew his massive cleaver out of no where again. And just like last time, he didn't open a menu to do so. The sword was almost as tall as Kayaba himself and when he stabbed it into the ground, the handle was above his head. Angel didn't budge though. He stood tall while Kayaba held his weapon.