Quest Idea - Lord Vaasegn

Do you think that this is a good idea, if not, what should I change?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that this is a good idea, if not, what should I change?

• Notice me Shanok-senpai! (yes)
    • *pulls out gun, aims at Shanok* (hell no)
    • Change stuff (tell me by posting a reply)

So I had an idea for a quest, I'll try to make this organized and an easy read.

Story: After having been defeated by two players ((Desert Raiders)), Lord Vaasegn went back in his coffin. Inside his coffin, he started to regenerate as he became stronger each time he was defeated. Lord Vaasegn wanted revenge on the two players who did this to him, even if he grew more powerfull each time, he didn't like getting defeated, he would kill anyone that dared to come near him, whoever the unlucky players were.

Goal: Defeat Lord Vaasegn

Instructions: Go to floor 5 in the desert, search for <> ((Roll a 20 on LD, bonuses allowed)). Once you're in the temple, a set of two skeletons with 12HP each will appear every 10 non-combat post. In the temple, defeat AT LEAST 2 skeletons, once that's done, you continue to RP ((Skeletons will still appear every 10 posts)) until you get a 20 on the loot dice(Bonuses Allowed), which will signal that you've found the coffin's room.

Difficulty: There are three levels of difficulty for this quest.

1 - Lord Vaasegn : 75HP - Party size required : 2 - Does 3 damage per hit

2 - Lord Vaasegn : 100HP - Party size required : 3 - Does 4 damage per hit

3 - Lord Vaasegn : 250HP - Party size required : 6 (HIGHLY RECOMMEND 7+ HIGH LEVEL PLAYERS) - Does 6 damage per hit - Has +2 Accuracy (Can't be reduced)

DIFFICULTY 3 IS CAN ONLY BE CLEARED ONCE. After is it cleared, Vaasegn never respawns again, it is dead, for good.

To attempt difficulty two, you need to have beaten the first one, In a party, only one player needs to have beaten difficulty one to attempt number two. All players attempting difficulty number three need to have beaten number two, ALL OF THEM.

This quest is supposed to be hard at level 3, you WILL need healing crystals. If ONE member teleports out of the fight (with a REAL teleportation crystal that he bought) the quest will continue, but no rewards will be attributed as the quest will fail. If one member dies, the quest fails as well. So be sure to bring alot of healing items, your best gear and familiars with abilities that can be useful in this fight.

Rewards:

SKILL POINTS : You get no skill points from this quest, as it is repeatable, and would be easy skill points farm. You do however, get 1 skill points for completing the RP.

Depending on the difficulty you choose, Lord Vaasegn will have to chance to drop items.

1 : LD19-20 : Rare Weapon - Vaasegn's Refined -weapon type-

2 : LD19-20 : Perfect Weapon - Vaasegn's Flawless -weapon type-

3 : Unique Weapon - Vaasegn's Legendary -weapon type-

(I put Unique because this boss, at difficulty three, is stronger than a floor boss, at least, that ones that we've seen, hence why the item. Item goes to the player who gets the last hit on the boss.

3 : All players are rewarded 10 skill points and 5000 Col after clearing difficulty 3, plus the regular 400 Col per page divided by number of participants.

When you get the item drop, it only drops one. So only one person gets the weapon.

That is all, if you have any feedback, GM or player, I would like to hear it so I can make changes to make this quest more balanced.

EDIT : 07/07/14 2:19AM - Changed the skeleton's spawn rate to 10 posts. Will make the RP considerably shorter while still being hard.

EDIT : 15/08/14 3:07AM * Changed alot of things to make them work out with the new skill system. Changes will still be happening as I receive you guys' feedback, which I hope to receive to make this more balanced if it's too hard and if it's too easy.

The "one person gets the reward" part is because it's an item drop, item drops (not mats) drop only 1, loot dice determining the quality. I may just allow a bigger party for the 200 hp one, to make the RP shorter and not TOO dangerous. If you have any suggestion as to how I could improve this, you can PM me on skype or post it in here.

Alright, so I do like the thought of the idea, but I would say, because combat does require a ton of posting usually, because there has to be multiple posts to take something out. So I would say, because 5 turns out of combat is a tad, overdone, because then they only get 5 opportunities to find the coffin, and then suddenly you're in an other fight probably giving atleast a page for the entire fight.

This would end up becoming EXTREMELY long RP's if you do this. Again, this is my only 2 cents in it, and just my personal opinion.

Also, for the BD Boosts, I recommend doing this on the difficulties

1: No BD Boost

2: +1 BD Boost

3: +2 BD Boost

• 1 month later...

I still like it, but I was thinking, how about this. Not only need the boss be more difficult, but the enemies as well. So on each difficulty the skeletons are tougher too.

1: 2 Skeletons Spawn with 12 HP and Deal 2 Damage Per Hit

2: 3 Skeletons Spawn with 18 HP and Deal 3 Damage Per Hit

3: 4 Skeletons Spawn with 30 HP and Deal 5 Damage Per Hit

For Each Difficulty they will all respawn as minions for the boss during his battle with you as well.

For the battle I also thought of the features the skeletons could provide to add more difficulty for each difficulty.

1: Skeletons Are Just Additional Minions and do nothing for the Lord.

2: Skeletons Heal Lord Vaasegn 1 HP for each skeleton still alive.

3: Skeletons Must be eliminated first before being able to deal damage to the boss AND they heal 2 HP for each skeleton alive to the boss.

Otherwise than that, I love the new changes to balance the system out.

Interesting idea, I like it alot, gives us a firm hold on the missons background, details, requirements and rewards. As well as a bonus, you have a level setting too, quite splendid, I would love to take part in this some time if a Beta is made for it.

-raises hand- Uhm. Yes Mr.Shanok is it? Love the idea of Lord Vaasegn and the behind the scene story. One question about him. It could just be a stupid question, but is Lord Vaasegn a respawning Field Boss or just some random mini boss? This question is probably answered somewhere on your post, but I could be blind as a bat right now.

What do you have to roll to get the unique weapon????

And level 3 seems a tad bit hard if you ask me. Sorry for saying that its just......... Maybe Keith, Ruri, Zelrius and a couple more could do that......... And I wouldn't be surprised if everyone killed each other over the unique weapon. There would be six more dead bodies in he temple..... But I must say, this would be perfect training fr harder boss battles in the future..... Gives someone the feeling of boss battles.... So my opinion of the quest is still iffy. Don't know if I want it in there or not. But good idea..... Do you mind telling me what you have to roll for the unique weapon and who gets it????