(OP-F2) The Hunters Are Now Prey

The rain drizzled on my skin and it felt good to me despite the cold and risk of getting sick. It's been almost a week since my little confrontation with the Valecyla Guild, but there's been no movement on Lady Nunia's life. Which isn't a surprise, at least not to me anyway. If your aiming to end someone's life, but they're all on high alert 24/7, then the best option is to wait it out until their guard lets up then strike like a snake catching it's prey. With venom deadly enough to kill you in one strike, however the system wouldn't allow death to be made unless it's a fight to the death match. There's another possibility too, and that's if Nunia is crazy enough to go outside the town's safe zone. But I don't think that she's stupid enough to do so, unless they kidnapped her!

I still couldn't find a player with the <> skill and it's getting irritating that I don't know what this dart really does! I don't have the <> skill either so it's really useless in my hands... As I'm walking around with my hand on Anaithsol's gleaming hilt, I came upon a group of rough looking characters who were all beat up and bruised. Then I realized that these guys were from that one guild that was helping around town! I rushed to their aid and there was three guys and two girls that was in the guild sitting on the ground.

Are you guys alright?! I asked concerned as I kneel next to them. They all jumped at the sight of me, but after realizing that it was just me, they calmed down a good bit. One of the guys with sandy blonde hair and wore leather equipment spoke roughly.

They... They came out of no... where... They tried to... PK us..! My eyes widened for a sec in a astonished way, then I placed my hand on his shoulder.

Where did you last see them? I asked with a serious tone in my voice. One of the girls that had numerous cuts on her arms and legs spoke this time.

Over the... Mountains..! She wheezed. I grind my teeth together in frustration as I looked at a group of players that were walking past us.

Hey, could you take these people to the Inn?! I called out to them. They stopped in their tracks, and they all just grinned at us.

Well, well, we didn't expect you five to crawl to town like a bunch of worms! You should've just waited and let the monsters just kill ya! One of them barked and all of them laughed. That set me off, and I grew very quiet as I stood up to my feet and glared at them with a strong sense of killing intent towards them.

All five of you, right now...! I said in a low threatening voice. They all just laughed harder.

Do you have a death wish or something kid?! There'll be five of us, and one of you! The other guy with a mushed up nose stated the obvious. I didn't respond, just opened the menu and sent them a dueling request.

Dueling Request!

Type: 5 to 1, first to get to red loses

Accept?

The head of the group frowned, but they accept it and the clock started to tick. They drew out their maces and swords and gave me the evil grin, but I stood where I was. My head had never been so clear in my life as my veins boiled with rage and my eyes were glaring at every single one of them. Then I finally took off my hat and lend it to one of the guild members.

Would you mind holding this for me..? I asked with a attempt to be nice, but my rage overcame it and it came as a threatening tone. One of them grabbed it, although I didn't see who for at the moment I didn't care. I just wanted them to know the meaning of pain!

It went to 10 seconds, and that's when I drew out my sword as the rain damped my now long hair that covered parts of my eyes and dripped into tiny beads on the mirrored blade.

When the match began, I <> to the head of the group and thrust my blade into his body as it went through to his back as well. His HP bar was already dropping to the yellow zone, and when one of his buddies swung at me, I <> backwards just in time to witness the head of the group gets slashed across the chest by his own men. He was out for he was in the red zone now, only four more to go.

The hell-! When did he-! The head of the group couldn't form any words. Staying true to my intent, for once I've completely given in to my merciless side and I remained cold and silent towards them.

Two of them, one with a mace, the other a sword, charged at me flailing their weapons at me. I messed up on their footwork and the mace collided with my skull. Now everything was getting a little blurry, but I won't give up! Not until I teach them a very good meaning of what it means to be somewhat PKed and be overwhelmed by it. I back stepped to get out of their range, but two more were charging from behind me as well.

14/15

Pretty clever, trap your prey from all sides and they have no chance of really moving around. But... I thought to myself as I smirked. I <> to the side and they all collided with each other and with a graceful spin towards them, I slashed one of them almost to the point of going to red. The guy had a face of fear and agony as I didn't realized I accidently amputated his sword arm as well. I couldn't help myself, but I grinned and was thrilled when I heard him screamed in agony as he cling to his amputated arm. The other guy tried to sneak up on me, but I <

When I had sprinted away, the guy kept going and bashed the guy with the amputated arm in the head and he went to red.

Alright, two down, three more to go! I told myself in my head. I dashed towards him this time, and I slashed at him which was on his right arm and he dropped his mace.

What the-! My arm-! It went completely numb!! He exclaimed as I kneed him in the face, forcing him to the red zone. Now the guy who was up decided to strike while I had my back to him, but as I kneed the other one in the face I twisted and gracefully swung my other leg to meet his jaw. The sudden force made him spin around and stumble as he held his face with his hands.

The guy with the final sword who keeps getting knocked down finally got up and charged at me. I reacted by trying to move backwards, but I accidently tripped over the guy behind me was on his knees holding his nose and I fell on my back. The sword flashed a yellow glow and leaped in the air. I smirked when I recognized that technique, <>.

There wasn't any time for me to counter as I got stabbed into my chest. The metal entering my body was almost breathtaking as I kicked him off me and got on my feet.

11/15

I'm now thankful for having a good set of defense parameters, for that would've dropped me to the yellow zone already. I glared at the remaining two as I was beginning to pant. They both charged at me with both mace and sword. I parried most of their attacks, but the one with the mace grazed my left arm and it stung like a hornet would. I bit back my tongue as I was beginning to lose sight. Everything was getting blurry and I could see darkness at the edge of my eyes. I knew I don't have much longer before I pass out from this concussion I got from earlier in the fight!

I had to <> backwards to get out of range and give me time to rest my sword arm for it was screaming bloody murder at me. The darkness were starting to cover more of my vision!

Guess I got no choice... I mumbled to myself. Then I gathered all of my remaining strength and channeled it into one technique.

Augatis!

My sword erupted in a crimson flame and the two stopped in their tracks as they witnessed the technique. I <> towards them and spin slashed through both of them. Within a few more seconds, their wounds that were on their stomach erupted in the fiery crimson flame. They cried out in agony as they splashed in the puddle of waters trying to put it out, but it wouldn't. Finally, both of their HP dropped to red and the flames extinguished. Like rats, they all scurried off into an alley and I didn't really care. I looked over and saw one of the girls from that guild had my hat in her hands. She hesitated at first, but she presented it to me and I accepted it with the upmost gratitude. But right as soon as I put the hat on, exhaustion from both the Augatis and the concussion took over, and I passed out in the streets.