(SP-F2) Earning a Living(Completed)

The day was so beautiful and warm with a slight breeze blowing through the streets. I decided to take a stroll around town in the early morning. As i was strolling, i passed a blacksmith's shop when i heard the sound of hammer banging on metal. I stopped and took a peek inside to find a really short man banging on the ingot that was molten. After a couple swings, it morphs into a Claymore that was at least three times his size. Nevertheless he picked it up with one hand and stored it into the inventory as he looks up to me.

Can i help you sir? He asked. I stepped in and took off my hat beings we were indoors now.

I'm sorry to interrupt your work, but i was most curious on your <> Profession andd decided to see what it takes myself. I said as i got near the forge. The dwarf chuckled.

Well, do you want to give it a try yourself? He asked as he handed me his hammer. Surprised didn't really describe myself, but i felt really excited as i took the hammer. He took out another molten ingot and placed it on the anvil.

When you're done, come and find me at the counter. The name is Gibbs by the way. He said and he left the room just like that.

I gave the hammer a couple free swings to test its weight, then i pounded the ingot with a mighty swing that molded it into a longer and straighter shape. Pretty soon after the third strike, the ingot morphed into a magnificent longsword with a dark grayish tone of the blade and the hilt is encrusted with a sapphire as it's pommel. The grip was wrapped with with a red leather that gave it a dark yet powerful look. I couldn't believe i forged this sword though! With my newfound inspection skill i can see that this sword is top-notched and would be considered as one of my most powerful blade i've acquired so far! Feeling dazed from the astonishment, i picked up the newly forged sword and took it to Gibbs. He just took one glance at it and was astonished as well as he hopped down from his stool and i lend him the sword as he inspects it thoroughly. After several minutes of inspecting and testing it, he finally let out a sigh.

"This is a Perfect Equipment, the highest you can get in a Crafting Profession! I've never seen something like this nor have i forged one such as powerful either." He said as he reluctantly handed the sword back to me.

"Its your sword and you made it with your own hands, now you get to name it and help me collect more mats beings you used the last of them!" He teased on the last part.. I just smiled as i look at the sapphire on the pommel. I thought of a bunch of names i could call it, then after debating it i decided.

"I think I'm going to call it... Xilanvale!" He chuckled and shook his head. We went to the backroom of the shop and he lend me a pickaxe and a destination on my map.

"There's a cave somewhere around there, and i discovered that this cave contains rich mats. I don't think i need to tell you what you need though." Gibbs said as he wiped his hands on his apron and went back to the front desk.

I went to the location he gave me, and i found the place swarming with Wind Wisps. I had to dispose some of them, but i managed a gather some decent amount of ores. After that, i snuck out and headed back to town. The town was bustling as it always is as i entered Gibbs' Shop to find him cleaning up the place. He looked at me and stopped what he was doing to get the bag of ores from me.

"I'll be taking that sir." He said as he grabbed it and stored it in his shop's inventory. Then he slumped down on his bench next to the Forge.

"Is there anything else you want me to do?" I asked with concern. His eyes lit up with hope and joy.

"I got to craft two very well made battle axes and i need them done yesterday!" He said as a figure of speech for me to get a move on. I worked on the orders like there was no tomorrow, and i found myself enjoying seeing my crafted weapons with the aid of Gibbs gets a very good owner.

Weeks had gone by, and i finally got the hang of being a Smith. On my way out of the shop i turned back towards to the dwarf.

"It was a pleasure meeting you sir, lets try to survive in this death game shall we?" He extended his arm and we clapped each other's forearm.

"Aye to that, it was nice having you!" He said with a smile. After i left, the shop was as busy as always and i was beginning to think that I can open my own shop sometime later on.

I traveled a good bit, facing off a couple monsters to really test my Xilanvale.To my surprise it cuts them down with ease, and its condition is still great. But i switched back to Anaithsol as i approached a small village. This village seemed almost empty, and i after checking the stores i noticed they have very few items and also no blacksmith either.

I figured that this would be a good place to practice on being a Smith, and after i said i was going to be a Smith i've already got an order by another player. I had to scavenge for something that could serve as an anvil while using a Hammer type weapon. After i got those two main parts done, i went to the field and found. a decent cave that only had a few monsters living there.

I took out the monsters without too much trouble and I mined some Mats that I needed. After a few swings of the pickaxe I received at least 5 ores of various kinds. Packing up the Mats and put the ores in my inventory, I went back to the village. The sun was already setting for the day as I approached my little rigged work station. After setting the Mats out, I chose the one of best quality and put it in the fire. About half an hour later it turns red hot into an ingot of the metal. Using tongs to carefully grab the ingot I set it on the table. I took my hammer and pounded the ingot with a firm strong grip. Again I made a Perfect Two-Handed sword on my first

try. I named it Charborax, the name of the Dragon of the F4's boss. Its blade was razor sharp and had a claw like hilt with onyx sharp claws and the pommel was like looking straight into an eye of a dragon as it glowed like a flame.

My client, a female adventurer who wanted to get a present for her boyfriend, came to me in a hurry.

"Help me please! My boyfriend is in need of help! He's getting overwhelmed by a group of Ox type monster!" She exclaimed with urgency. Still holding Charborax i rushed out with her leading me. We went a little ways to find that a young male was indeed being overrun by 6 Ox types mob.

Without really thinking over it, i charged at the Ox mob with Charborax gripped by my two hands. To my surprise i cleaved through two of them with just one mighty swing! However i couldn't react fast enough as one of the Ox rammed its horns into me. The wind was knocked out of me as i fell flat on my back to let the Ox pass over me.

I quickly got on my feet as the Ox made a wide U-turn. It charged at me again, but this time i had switched to one of my other swords (one-handed) and with a flick of my wrist i sliced through the Ox. The guy had taken care of the rest with his girlfriend at his side. i approached him with Chaborax in my hand.

"Here is the sword that you requested." I said as i gave the handle to the guy. He smirked and grabbed the sword with both hands.

"Thank you blacksmith, you probably just saved our necks." He remarked as he sheathed Charborax.

"Don't mention it, i wouldn't have known if it weren't for this young lady here." I said with a smile. They started to get all lovey dovey i went back to the shop.

"I guess i might as well head out now." I said as i stored everything in my inventory and headed out once again.