Questions about starting Character apps.

Heya KazuArrowsoki!

First off, welcome to SAO!

Now, for your character to be approved take a look at this link. Not only will you find in there the necessary application for developing the character's journal, but also some knowledge about what the GMs want to see in said journal.

I advise you to focus more in this section:

» Username:

» Real name:

» Age:

» Gender:

» Height:

» About: History/personality

» Virtues:

» Flaws:

Reference: http://www.darkworldrpg.com/lore/flaws.html

Since that will be the clear description of how your character is going to act inside the game as well as give a bit more insight on how the game will affect him/her. For virtues or flaws, try to make them as cleared as possible and make sure to point how the positive and negative things of these. Don't do one liners, since that won't be enough for you or the GMs or any player to get a good and clear mental representation of your character.

Once you filled up all of that information and your journal gets approved by one of our beloved GMs, then you can move on to the skills and item limits as well as professions. In the tutorial section of the site you'll find most of those details. If you need anymore assistance swing by the support and feedback area to inquire on your doubts.

Hope this helps and happy gaming! ^_^

Heya KazuArrowsoki!

First off, welcome to SAO!

Now, for your character to be approved take a look at this link. Not only will you find in there the necessary application for developing the character's journal, but also some knowledge about what the GMs want to see in said journal.

I advise you to focus more in this section:

Since that will be the clear description of how your character is going to act inside the game as well as give a bit more insight on how the game will affect him/her. For virtues or flaws, try to make them as cleared as possible and make sure to point how the positive and negative things of these. Don't do one liners, since that won't be enough for you or the GMs or any player to get a good and clear mental representation of your character.

Once you filled up all of that information and your journal gets approved by one of our beloved GMs, then you can move on to the skills and item limits as well as professions. In the tutorial section of the site you'll find most of those details. If you need anymore assistance swing by the support and feedback area to inquire on your doubts.

Hope this helps and happy gaming! ^_^

May I ask what the GM's will be looking for in the history section and what I will need to avoid?

So if I were to say that my character was a game tester and was one of the few closed beta testers of SAO, would something like that be accepted?

I believe you can use that plot line, but you can't give your character any special abilities or qualities because of it. When SAO was launch although most Beta Testers had enough knowledge of how the game worked, when it came to items or the like- they weren't that superior and if I remember correctly they started with the same item packs as the beginners.

So, technically yes you can say your character was a Beta Tester, but if you'd like to add more into that plot-line you should ask a GM for permission if you want to go with something more concerning the BT phase. ^_^

May I ask what the GM's will be looking for in the history section and what I will need to avoid?

^-- The history can be very brief. From what did your character do before the game or how his life was- his background, etc. You should also talk more about the characters personality or way of behaving, give reasons to explain the traits that later on you are going to use for flaws and virtues.

So if I were to say that my character was a game tester and was one of the few closed beta testers of SAO, would something like that be accepted?

If you want to be one of the beta testers, you must ask one of the Game Masters. They will decide if you could have a position of Beta Tester, but putting that as your background story would work great.

We are no longer in beta so that would not work. In order to be able to put that, you would have had to be a member on the site before we came out of beta.

If you want to know who is what position of staff, there is a post found in the announcements sitewide. There is also a link on the bottom right of the site called "The Team" Please check that out.

In regards of the journal, just read the rules and look at other players' journals.

If you want to know who is what position of staff, there is a post found in the announcements sitewide. There is also a link on the bottom right of the site called "The Team" Please check that out.

In regards of the journal, just read the rules and look at other players' journals.

I am just awaiting approval, if you would be so kind as to notify the proper personal to look it over.