[PP-F8] <<A helping hand>> (Sakuri-Clarence)

Deep withing the giant giant, the sound of metal that clashed into something which was followed up by a sound that everyone could hear was a monster, but also at occasions, you could hear some sort of battlecry comming out from a player.

This player was Sakuri, and he had found himself fighting some sort of mini boss, and things started to look worse and worse for Sakuri, as his health had dropped very low.

Sakuri looked towards his health bar to see that he only had 3 health left, out of the starting 17 he had, he then looked at the tree monster he had encountered, and it seemed like this monster was very low aswell with only 5 health left. As Sakuri stood there with a glimps of health left, everything he had experienced in both life, and SAO rushed through his mind like it was some sort of race with thoughts.

He stood toe to toe against the giant tree, in a shining white armor, with his shield raised up to block any incomming attack, and a rapier. What he also had that would make people to recognize him better, would be the white cloak with the Azure Brigade emblem on it.

As he raised his shield to block the next attack that was lunged at him, it seemed like he had misplaced his feets which caused him to hit the dirt, and was now pinned between a tree, and the big monster planning on finishing him of.

-Party-

Sakuri - 3/17

-Foes-

Tree monster - 5/20

Okay... I detect a familiar presence but... who is it- my thoughts were abruptly cut off by a familiar voice yelling a battle cry.Wait a minute... is that Sakuri! My heart starts beating fast and I go into a mindless run toward the forest, to save Sakuri. I enter the big forest and go to a halt of surprise and horror as I watch my boyfriend get thrown into a tree, and almost get crushed."Sakuri!" I scream a scream louder then I have ever been before. I rush forward and dive at Sakuri, as the giant's fist flies at him. My body comes to a partial halt as it crashes into the other guy. His body, along with mine, go flying away form the tree and hit the dirt away. Where we were just previously, the giant's fist breaks through the tree and sends it flying. I go rolling with him in my arms and we come to a halt, Sakuri lying on top of me."Thank god your okay." I whisper, the initial fear going away and joy filling me.

Sakuri got caught by suprise, as he couldn't really keep up with everything that just had happen, but suddenly he was on top of his lovely Clarence, and it seemed like he had avoided death at this point since the monster he was fighting, couldn't be seen.

"Thank you... That was a close one" He said as he hugged him hard, and then got up on his feets to avoid any awkward positions.

He quickly brushed his cloth of from old habit that it got dirty after being in the ground, he reached out with his hand to help Clarence up, if he needed it. He softly smiled towards him and scratched the back of his head.

"I hope that you're alright also, so you didn't hurt yourself"

I grab Sakuri's soft hand and hop up, smiling at him."Even if I would of got hurt, it wouldn't of mattered." I give him a wide smile before releasing his hand and pull out my dagger. I look over at the giant who hasn't noticed that we evaded and is looking a different way then us.This will teach you to hurt him. My facial features change into hard set anger as I run toward the giant. With the dagger in hand I run and jump, landing on one of its bent legs. I gain my balance only for enough time for me to hop out of the way of the giant's coming hands. I let out a loud yelp as I fall and hit the ground of the forest hard. I don't have long before the hand comes at me but I'm more prepared. I roll out of the way and throw my dagger, it sinking into the giant's flesh. It lets out a loud roar and falls back, losing some Hp.

Sakuri gets some sort of irritated face expression when he says that i wouldn't had mattered if he got hurt or not, Sakuri belives that it would be the opposite of than, and it very much would have mattered as he didn't wan't to see Clarence get hurt, especially not when he did what he did to help himself from a almost sure death.

But right as Sakuri are in these thoughts, Clarence do something crazy and foolish, he attacks the monster again which had lost track out of them, and even thought he evased rather nice and actually got some damage dealt to the monster, Sakuri thought it might be better for them to hunt something smaller, and not as dangerous. Afterall, they had never been in a battle togheter.

Sakuri drag Clarence away as fast as he possibly can, and hides behind a tree hoping that the monster would have lost track of them at this point.

"Maybe we should let this one go, and go for some smaller creatures which wont put us in mortal danger" He said with a serious tone in his voice, with a matching face to it.

I hop to my feet and look at the giant, twirling my dagger.one more hit maybe? I could finish it off- What the I get lost in my thoughts then all of the sudden I'm being dragged away from the giant. I get slightly scarred but notice it was Sakuri and calm down again."I guess we could hunt some weaker monsters, you got any healing potions? Your health isn't at the best right now." I say, looking up at his health bar. As we come to a final stop I look at Sakuri's face and smile a bit."Thanks.. that giant pissed me off a bit." I scratch the back off my head in slight embarrassment. I stretch my arms upwards a bit, my shirt moving up a bit along with it."So, any monsters you have in mind?" I ask him, stretch to the left and letting out a sigh.

Sakuri gives out a small sigh as Clarence had asked if he had anything which could recover his health, since even though he could watch in his inventory, he knew that he wouldn't find anything.

He slowly shook his head as he scrolled through his very short inventory list. He then looked up towards Clarence with a smile.

"I guess i'll have to let time do its job!" he said as optimistic he could. He didn't feel some sort of danger now anyhow, as Clarence had joined him, so the monsters here wouldn't be stronger than both of them.

He now realized that Clarence and himself hadn't formed a party yet, so he quickly sent an party invite to Clarence.

I give a slight shrug as Sakuri says he has no healing items."Wait a minute I didn't give you a proper hello." And with that I pull Sakuri in to a big hug. My lips find his and I slowly start to kiss him, still new to kissing but happy to have Sakuri in my arms."Hi Sakuri." I pull away from his lips and give him a smile and I'm blushing slightly.I will not let him die on me. I think to myself as I still have him in a hug. I see the party invite screen pop up on my HUD screen. I left my arm up and accept it, breaking the hug but still close to him.

Sakuri got rather suprised by the sudden move made by Clarence, but it was one of those happy suprises which you want more of, and not those scary and bad suprises. After the kiss, and hug ended, Sakuri blushed some cause of the "Not ready for kisses" thing, but he also cracked a smile for the joy he felt inside of him, like butterflies.

"Well, hello to you to!" He said as he saw his health raising, rather quickly. Luckily, in SAO you could feel no pain, and your wounds could heal in a instant. If this would be real world, both of them would probably be dead. As thoughts like this raced through Sakuri's mind, he got a bit drawn away from reality.

"Do you ever think about the real life?" He said still drifting away in thoughts about how this had been if it was real life.

I give a slight smile as I watch Sakuri's face start to turn red from him blushing. I look up and see Sakuri's health bar raise fast and it finally refills, from being out of combat."Real Life? Not much really. My life was awful because of the orphanage I was in. I'm just glad I'm in here for one sole reason, I've found people that I care about and people who hopefully care about me." I give a smile and grab his hand and give it a light squeeze, looking at Sakuri's handsome face.

Sakuri looks deep in Clarence eyes, as he feel that maybe he should avoid the topic of real life, since it seemed like neither of them had anything good to say when it came to real life anyhow.

As he felt the warmth comming from Clarence eyes, he smiled towards him.

"I bet lots of people care about you, and you should always count me to one of those" he said, hopening to bring him on better thoughts. Not that it was needed perhaps, but he wouldn't make it worse.

He started to walk towards a monster spawn, with Clarence with him, still holding hands. As Sakuri's health had regained fully again, they could engage in combat. Learning to fight with each other was crucial for survival when you're stuck in a game like this.

"How have your last days been, have you done anything?" He says as he tries to find monsters.

"I hope I can Sakuri, you are the greatest man I have found so far." I smile back at him as I look at him. As we continue walking I turn to the left and right a bit, hoping to find some monster spawns. a question from Sakuri brings me back to reality."My last days? Oh just been doing some Maverick research, some Azure Brigade stuff too, helping Miaki with the guild treaty paperwork and all. Been pretty boring, how about you?" I ask a smile a bit when I look over at Sakuri.

Sakuri listens do what Clarence has to say, and gives out a small laughter mixed with a laugh.

"You can't even get a break fom duty's in a game huh" He say with a smirk on his face. He suddenly crouches down, and pulls Clarence with him. Sakuri puts his finger in front of his mouth to indicate that they should be quiet, since in front of the bush. Just a couple of meters ahead of them, he sees two smaller tree monsters.

"Before we do anything crazy, I shall answer your question" he says with a smile on his face.

"I have done... Well nothing" he says as he laughs, but with a quiet tone so they wont be found by the monsters ahead of them.

"Nope-." I get caught off guard form Sakuri crouching and shushing me.Tree monsters? Wow this is new."Really? Nothing? Wow, you seem a-lot more interesting then your schedule then." I give Sakuri a smile and grab his hand again, giving it a squeeze."So how do you want to go about attacking these things?" I ask, eyeing the creatures carefully.

Sakuri gives out a small sigh as Clarence gives his reply to what Sakuri had done. He then quickly looked over their cover, to scout if the monster had noticed them yet, which luckily it hadn't.

He looked to Clarence with a grin.

"Well, after you! I got your back." he said still with a grin on his face, and he then gave a small pat on his shoulder.

I give a small smile to Sakuri as I slowly approach the monster. I slowly pull my dagger out of its sheath and walk across the forest floor. I, unfortunately, step on a branch and it cracks, the sound resonating through out the forest. I sigh as the creature spins around and stares at me, drooling and snarling."Okay, don't come any closer you awful ugly creature." I say as I charge it randomly. The monster, though, was smarter then that and roll out of the way. I quickly turn and walk around it slightly, hoping not to get ht.

Clarence: 35/35

Sakuri: 17/17

Tree Monster: 15/15

• 3 weeks later...

Sakuri sees how Clarence missteps and gets the attention of the beast, which he fails to attack. Sakuri rushes in front of Clarence with his shield raised to protect any incomming damage, when he had positioned himself between clarence and the monster, he removed his shield for a quick secodn as he stabbed with his sword.

But that had seemed to faield miserably, as he had recently a shield blocking a big part of his view, trying to land a strike without really knowing where your target is, was stupuid.

Tree Monster: 15/15

Well... here it comes... I think to myself as the monster charges me. I was expecting to be hit but I see Sakuri jump out of the bush he was behind and charge in-front of me, blocking the creature's attack with his metal shield. My mouth goes into a smile and I lean in close to Sakuri."What would I do with out?" I say into his ear. Catching the Tree monster off guard, I strike its stomach swiftly. I smile as I see its health go down to almost half way."Finally a great attack."

Tree Monster: 8/15

Sakuri cracked a small smile as he heard what Clarence whispered to him, and then a sudden attack came from afterwards. Sakuri watched as the monsters damage went down further, and bringing it close to half health!

He once again would decide that a stab would be he correct way to go, for maximum protection as he still could cover himself with his shield, and also for a less powerful attack which might bring him of balance.

But just as he was about to strike the monster, the monster struck him before, luckily Sakuri blocked with his shield, to reduce the damage, but since he wasn't ready to attack the block, his shield couldn't even negate all the damage comming.

This strike brought Sakuri down on one knee as the power from the monster were huge, but it didn't take long untill he was back on two feets again, ready for more action.

Sakuri: 15/17

I grit my teeth hard as I see the tree monster strike Sakuri, it ticking me off more then just a bit.Oh how I hate you. I give a angry sneer at the monster as I ready to try to attack as how Sakuri tried to attack it.

(BD = 3. Miss).

Un-lucky for me, my anger got the best of me and the monster was able to move out of the way just in time for my attack, sending me crashing in to the dirt."Can't win everything." I mutter as I stand up and wipe the dirt brown dust off my shirt and pants.

Sakuri: 15/17