[PP-F3] Under the same sun [Caen]

The wolf shattered into a thousand pieces.

Kana stared into the space it had disappeared, panting as she did so, "Oh thank god that's over," She had hoped to prey upon less intimidating creatures, something she didn't mind battling like a badger or something. But a wolf, that had not been fun. It's not like she was in a dungeon or something, just another hunting ground. She turned, moving into a light jog, she made her way back into the safe zone. As soon as she recognized the fields she was in, she stopped. She was safe now.

She let herself fall back onto the grass, putting her weapon away as she did so. She checked out her received item, a fur coat. She laughed at the irony, she would sell that back at town. She had no interest in flashy goods with no real use, besides it reminded her of home, and that was the last thing she wanted.

She signed, calm now once again. She closed her eyes, and began to hum gently. She was a good singer, she knew that from all the years of karaoke with her aunties. She wasn't the best, but she could still outrank her wailing aunt Kanoko, who sounded like someone had lined up five cats and was yacking their tails. She smiled as she hummed, remembering how between goes they would try and find jobs for her so she wouldn't sing, like getting the drinks or ordering food. She always got one song in though before the end of the night, she was a persistent old woman.

She opened her eyes, hearing the sound of footsteps nearby, she sat up, scanning around to see who had joined her company.

When she turned around she was surprized to see a little boy behind her. "Huh? who the heck are you?" Asked Kana.

"Your a good singer." said the boy then he just walked away. "Hey, wait!" yelled Kana. It was weird. She hadn't remembered singing in public before. "Who was that boy?" Kana thought to herself. it made her wonder the whole day. When the sun finally went down Kana went back to her house. Her houde was pretty average. It had 3 rooms and interesting furniture. When Kana went to bed she was alarmed when she heard a banging at her door. She grabbed her sword and headed towards the door. When she opened up the door she was prepared to kill whatever was there. But infront of her was the same little boy who had came to her earlier that day. This time was different. This time he was cring at her doorstep, with an arrow through his chest.

Caen arrived to Floor 3 with a «Teleport Crystal». Arriving just as «Kana» opens a door for a little boy who had been struck by an arrow. He ran to the little boy's aid to see what was going on. "Are you okay? Who has done this to you?" Caen asked quickly as he held on to the arrow ready to pull it out. What's going on? Who would have done this to a kid? He thought to himself as he pulls out the arrow. Caen quickly puts both of his hands on the wound. "You'll be fine, okay? I'm doing my best to save your life." Caen knew the little boy would die in a matter of time. Without any «Health Crystal» or «Health Potion» he'll die.

[OOC- Okay I'll play along cause I wanna RP with Caen, but fyi, I'm not a big fan of 'godmodding' So unless I ask you, please don't control my character's movements, K? ^^ else it's not fair on me. P.s. Kana doesn't have a house, So I'm gonna play it on as though it happened at an Inn.]

Kana watched Caen try to help the boy, What do I do? She wasn't training as an alchemist at the moment, but she didn't have enough skills to make any medicine. She kneeled down next to him, placing her heads beneath the boys head. "Stay with us okay, you're going to be ok, you're going to live!"

As soon as she spoke, the boys eyes closed for the last time and he shattered into thousands of blue shards. Disappearing from from the world of SAO forever, and probably the real world too. It took a moment for it to sink in, "Noo..." Kana whispered, tears pooling in her eyes. She began to cry, raising her hands to her hands to conceal it. "It's not fair..."

Caen tried to grab the shattered shards. "Damn it! I-I-I tried!" He sat there frustrated. A little boy who shouldn't have a part in this death game had died and Caen couldn't do anything. In frustation, he started hitting the floor with all he had. "I-I-I could have bought some potions on my way here!" He said as tears began to run down his cheeks.

Slamming the floor as hard as he could, causing a scene. Players around the floor started to gather around. "I-I-I'm so sorry.." he said as he sat there in despair. He looked around to see a player by the name of Kana right next to him. "A-A-Are you okay?" he said as he wiped away his tears with his sleeve.

[OOC] - I was confused for a moment. I didn't know what was going on for a moment LOL

[OOC -Sorry, It's just cause it's a private roleplay, and the reply really threw me off at first.]

She heard him speak and looked up, she could see the guy was just as shaken as she was, "I'm o-okay, It's not my f-fault, nor is it yours! Someone murdered this little boy." She closed her eyes and took a breath, calming herself. After a moment, the tears stop, she would mourn more later when she was alone. Now she had to be practical for once.

"Come on, Let's move inside before we get hit." She stood up, shutting the door as the did so. She made her way around the room and shut all of the window, bolting them. The innkeeper had already been in bed, and had asked her to do it anyway. Only now rather than just a task it was a neccessity. Once all potential entry ways were secure, she made her way over the the fire place, selected the manual to light it. She wasn't sure if it was the game effects or just memory, but if even felt warm. "Please take a seat, I'll make us some tea." Gesturing to the couch placed across from the fireplace.

Fortunately, the ability to make a pot of tea was not a difficult one, even with her low skill level. She brought it over to the coffee table in front of them. "Do you take sugar?"

Still shocked from what had happened. "N-N-No sugar please." he said as he took a seat the couch. Caen held back more tears from coming. "Do you know the innkeeper, personally?" he asked Kana as he slowly calmed himself. He took off his coat and put it away in his inventory.

The fire has a nice warm effect, so he didn't need a coat. "Kana? I can tell you're new to this horrid game. Have you been doing well?" he said as he turned around to watch Kana make the tea.

[OOC] - Yeah, I don't think that person knew what a private party is. LOL.

She handed him a cup of tea, taking a seat next to him, "I met him a few monthes ago, We're not close, but he trusts me enough to let me lock up." Kana wasn't close to many people in this game, ever since the event, she just didn't let people get to close to her. She wanted friends, she wanted lots of them. But this was a dark game, the survival instinct required brought out the worst in the nicest people. Who could she trust really?

"I'm okay, I've been here long enough to know how it works. Do or die right?" She said bitterly, taking another deep breath, she lifted the tea to her lips. Sipping it, strangely enough the combination of the fire and the tea had a calming effect on her.

"Did you see anyone strange when you were out and about? I saw no one, but I'm not very good at paying attention. Who would want to hurt that boy? Why? It's not like he dropped an item that they wanted. I just don't get it." She couldn't understand how people in the game could just kill each other so easily.

Caen took the cup of tea and smiled at her. "Thank you, Kana." He took a sip as he closed his eyes. Do or die, huh? This game does bring the worst of people. He thought as he continues to sip his tea. Caen thought about how the survival instinct does bring the worse of people. "So, do you trust me?" he said as he grinned.

Caen took another sip of the tea, but he started to feel a lot better than he was earlier. The warmth of the fire made him more relaxed. He closed his eyes to rest abit.

"I just teleported back from Floor 3. I haven't seen anything suspicious at all. As soon as I arrived. I see the boy with a arrow pierced right there on his chest." He said as he takes the last sip of tea. There is something more to this. Why would anyone just kill for the fun of it? He thought to himself as the tea de-materialize. "How about you? Have you seen something strange? Something out of the ordinary?" Caen asked Kana.

"It's no problem," She replied, she leaned forward and inhaled the smell of the tea. It was so comforting, just like being back at home. When he asked her whether she trusted him, she looked over, eyebrow raised. It was an odd quesion to ask someone you barely knew. But she responded anyway, using humour to make light of the situation, "That depends, how good's your archery?"

Of course, she knew Caen wasn't a bad person, she could sense that about him. But could she let him into her trust circle just yet? She wasn't sure.

She shook her head at his response, "I was fighting a wolf in the woods nearby, then I made my way here. I was relaxing when the boy came over to me, he seemed safe at that point. He certainly didn't look scared, but then he ran off. Next time I saw him, was when I opened the door." There was only one possible explanation that Kana could think of, she didn't like it but that didn't mean it wouldn't happen.

"Unless, he was hunted for sport..."

The entrapment of people here, meant that not only could you do anything and not be reprimanded but you could unless your true nature. There were bound to be some people in here like that, true enemies of humanity. Someone who could enjoy killing, just for the feel it it. People like that existed, and here there was no way to stop them.

Caen smirked, "Not so good, I'm a swordsman." he said as he smiled at Kana. The Inn soon felt brighter than before. The sadness has yet to leave the two players. Caen puts his coat back on and placed his sword near the fire. "This fire is quite warm, even though this is just a game. I feel like this is better than my life right now." he said as he gazes into the fire.

"You know. you're right. We shouldn't trust other players. There are players out there killing other players for the fun of it." he said as he clenched onto his sword. He doesn't know what to do, but he knew he had to protect others from getting hurt.

Caen went back to the couch and sat down next to Kana. "So, you just met this boy after you left the woods. Did he look like he was trying to run away from something?" he asked as he scratched his head. I need to find out who did this to that boy. I'll do all I can to avenge that boy. He thought as he grabbed onto the arm of the couch. He then heard what Kana said..

"A-A-A sport.." Caen said as he looked shocked. There are players out there searching for weak players to kill. These players can't be charged for murder in the real world. Looks like, I'll be taking part of player killing myself. he thought as he had an evil smirk on his face.

She leaned back into the couch, following Caen's gaze into the fire. "Yeah, it's nice isn't it? Almost takes away the darkness of it all." She sighed, taking a long gulp of her tea, she was much calmer now. Although, the loss of the child was still playing heavily on her mind, she finally felt as though she could think straight. If only she had seen something, maybe she could have stopped them. She didn't know how, she wasn't the strongest of players yet, she could do a little acrobatics so far and that was in. In terms of fighting, she had a long way to go.

"For some this world is a trap, and for others it's freedom. There's no punishments in a free world," She extended, there was too much darkness around these days. She never truly felt safe anymore, people were greedy, and greedy people have no limit.

"No, he was just walking by I think, he must have been shy cause he didn't stay to talk to me. Just told me I had a nice singing voice, and that was it. Maybe, I'll ask some one of the guests here in the morning, see if they saw anything, " She looked over at Caen, as she had spoken, she saw the dark expression on his face at her world. She reached out, touching his arm gently.

"Don't let their evil touch you, Caen, you have a good heart and even something as noble as avenging someone can taint that."

"Freedom.. I can give that to the poor boys soul.. There will be punishment. I will punish those who take away freedom from others." he said with an evil smirk and he laughs. Caen had to find a way free the people from this horrid player killers.

Caen went to grab his sword. "He was an innocent player who was just somewhere at the wrong place at the wrong time." He took the sword and put it against his arm and created a cut. The heat from the fire attached and created a scar on his arm. "This is for the boy who I couldn't save. Now I shall take this out on those who hurt the boy." he said as gripped the sword.

Kana touched his arm gently, and he realized what he was doing. "I-I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you like that." he said as he put away his sword and covered his scar.

Her eyes widened in shock as he cut himself infront of her, she was surprised by the scar, she didn't think you could scar in this world. The likelihood was it would most likely fade in a few hours, but she wasn't going to tell Caen that. When he find calm down, she took her hand of him and looked down into her cup.

"I'm sorry, but I don't agree with you're way of thinking. If you were to go find that boys killers, and slay them, that would make you nothing but a murderer. That boy would still be dead, and you would have a deep scar on your heart from what you had done." She looked up at him, focusing on his with her bizarre golden eyes that were reflecting the flickering of the fire infront of them.

"Do you want to save that boys soul Caen? Do you want to save us all?" She asked, she was very serious. This was rare for Kana, someone who was normally to chirpy and playful. There was no room for that right now, she wanted him to heed her words.

"If you do then the only way you will, is by fighting the game! If you fight the game, you bring us, yourself and all of the other innocents lives that could soon be taken by evil closer to freedom. You will bring revenge to those who killed that boy by taking away their freedom, they will be prisoned in reality, where punishments are very real. They will suffer, because their madness will have no where to roam free. So please Caen, don't let them taint you! Embrace the good in you, fight with me and everyone else to defeat this horrible game we are trapped in."

She sat back, allowing silence to fill the space between them, It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop.

"K-Kana.. I'm sorry." He said as he looked up towards the ceiling. Covering holding onto the spot he cut himself. "Maybe I have to become stronger to fight my way out of this place, but I don't want any other players to die on me. Not if they mean so much to me." he said to Kana as his eyes flicker.

Caen thought about what Kana said, "Of course I want to save you all. There is nothing more I want to do, but to save you all from this game. Even if it kills me." he said with determination.

"I will. I will fight this game. I'll end this entire game with anyone who is willing to sacrifice their life for others. I'll give back the freedom the players are looking for. I'll do all I can to protect the helpless. I'll do all I can to beat this game. Don't worry about me being tainted." He said with determination. He smiled at her as the silence filled the room.

"I'm glad, the fact that you're willing to heed my words, let's me know I can trust you."

She finished her tea, and yawned, she adjusted herself on the sofa so she was a little more spread. Placing her legs so that they were hanging on the arm of the chair. "It's surprising, how safe I feel," she muttered more to herself than anything. She wasn't sure whether it was the security, the fire or Caen's company, but she was relaxed. Whether she would stay relax once Caen left she didn't know.

"Hey Caen, want to spend the night with me?" She asked casually, after a moment she realised the crudeness of what she said and flushed bright red. "N-Not in a rude way, I mean like sleep here. After what happened, I don't really want to be left alone, we could sleep by the fire. Of course, I understand if you don't want to, it's just an idea." She looked away, deeply embarrased, why hadn't she worded that better.

She hoped if didn't think of her as some kind of scarlet women, that would be mortifying.

Caen chuckled, "Here, move over here some more." he said as he moved Kana to a more comfortable spot. He took a seat on the floor near the couch. "There, you should be able to sleep fine." he said as he smiled at Kana. He waitied for Kana to fall asleep, so he know she'll be safe and he'd be able to sleep without worry. "Sleep well, Kana." he said as he laid his head next to Kana's.

"I don't mind spending the night with you, Kana." he said as he closed his eyes. The warmth of the fire was like a blanket. Caen fell asleep easily as he forgot to wait for Kana to fall asleep.

Kana shook her head, "If you think I'm just gonna let you sleep on the wooden floor, you've got another thing coming," She got of the couch, and walked over to a set of draw to the left side of the room. Reaching in, she pulled out a selection of quilts and duvets. She brought them back over to Caen, and quickly prepared a bedlike spread on the floor. Setting aside a small blanker for herself on the couch. "There you go comfy and cozy!"

She climbed into her spot on the couch, wrapping herself up in the blanket, she leaning over the edge to look down at Caen who was lying beneath her. "Thank you for staying with me," She knew with Caen keeping her company, she would be alright for at least one night sleep. The nightmares would come by another day.

She yawned once more, leaning back on the sofa, she closed her eyes. "Night, Caen, I'm glad I got to know you better," Within a few moments, her breathing slowed, and she slipped into a deep dreamless slumber.

Caen woke up, but it was still dark out. He turned around to see Kana has fallen asleep. There was a quilt that has warped around him. He smiled at Kana and place the quilt on the floor. "Thank you, Kana." he said as he gotten up and got himself some water. The fire seemed to die down a bit and Caen went over to start it up again. The fire seemed to have brighten the room once more.

He went back and covered himself with the quilt once more. He watched as the wood burn and warm the room up. He leaned back against the sofa and closed his eyes. His face still face the fire as it warms the night. "There won't be a sleepless night for me in a while." He said as he turned to Kana.

He went to Kana's forehead and kissed it. "Good night, Kana." he said as he laid on the floor and closed his eyes. As the fire start to fade once again he fell asleep.

Glimpses of sunlight poured out of the open window, it seemed the innkeeper had woken early and opened everything up again ready for the next day. The light shone on Kana's skin, slowing bringing her out of her slumber, she grumbled a little, smacking her dry lips together. Slowly, her eyes peeled open, stung by the brightness of the light. Slowly she sat up, normally when she woke her hair would be a mess and her clothes would be all wrinkled. But could this was game world, these things didn't happened and she look just as she had before going to sleep.

She looked over the couch at Caen, who was asleep still. She climbed over the edge of the chair so she wouldn't have to walk over him. Making her way into the kitchen, she prepared a pot of coffee to wake them both up with. As she walked over to the stove, she recieved a message from the innkeeper, she opened it and found two items attached.

Good Morning Kana,

Thank you for locking up last night,

I see you brought a guest over.

I've just gone out to do some jobs,

Here's some breakfast, I'll see you later.

She smiled, the innkeeper hadn't put his named, but she knew who he was. She opened the items, and sure enough two full plates appeared in front of her. The plates were designed in the style of a full english breakfast including two eggs, two bacon, a piece of toast, a sausage, tinned tomatoes, black pudding and baked beans. It was a feast, she beamed happily. She placed them on a trap, with a cup of coffee each and cutlery. Carrying them over to the table, she placed them side by side on the coffee table. Sitting herself down next to Caen, she began to eat, waiting for him to awaken.