The Church of the Dead [F5-PP]

Twirling his sword up in the air and catching it once more for the fiftieth time he waited. Exasperation lined every muscle of his body. If there was anything he hated more than being denied what he wanted it was definitely waiting. Two hours had passed and with nighttime approaching soon. The setting sun began to cast shadows into the deserted and decaying church.

The structure was a beauty. Peaceful beyond believe. The perfect and safest hideout for outlaws like himself. His companion for that evening had decided to choose it for obvious reasons. Identities needed to be kept secret. Alliances needed to be make.

Players needed to be destroyed.

The sound of the front door slowly opening and then closing broke the silence, a hooded figure quietly stepping towards the bored man. He glanced at around at his surroundings, the inside of the structure holding a bar in one corner with seats and tables in front of it, the normal church seats on the other side with a podium in front of them, and a second floor with what seemed like doors to rooms. The inside was barely lit by candles and the little light that managed to get in from the outside, and it's appearance just as decayed and worn out as the outside. He stopped behind the man and crossed his arms, glancing at the tinted glass window with a depiction of an unfortunate and dying soul, with a sigh. He had taken his time to arrive with good reason, he was preparing himself for what was to come.

"When you said you would be here early... I wasn't expecting this hour. I hope the trip was good. Mine was a little difficult." He turned to look at the hooded figure before shrugging his shoulders. Putting the sword away he did a salute before relaxing and walking towards the bar.

"I found someone who would pique your interest. The player in question can be a vast ally to us... As for words in the wind, I've heard many things you'd be interested to know." He hated the silence that was between them. The dread that linger in the air. Soon... Soon they would strike, but first they needed to plan.

Zero did not respond and simply walked behind Lucivar. He sat down on one of the bar stools and tapped the bar table as a skeleton stepped out in a suit. "Something sweet, a tea of sorts, and yes my journey was quite good and I apologize for keeping you in wait. I had to take care of some business." He rested his elbow on the table and placed his chin on the palm of his hand. "Do tell me what you have for me then, time is a commodity we have but I wish to hurry with our business and see what I can come up with. Let's start with this player you mentioned."

Leaning against the bar he waited for the player to take his seat. His footsteps silent and precise. Turning his head to look back at the cloak figure he bit back the remark he wanted to say. Seeing the skeleton AI come out and take the order, he refused the drink.

"I thought so...Balancing identities can be quite difficult at time." He commented dramatically, before turning and pressing his back against the bar's counter top.

"I believe the person is someone to trust. A tracker, if you will? I decided to set the player as a trap... We need information and this person can get it quickly. Aside from that, the player can hide in plain sight and won't be any troubles. The player is eager... I've let them know of our rules, so you have nothing to worry about."

His eyes turned to the depiction of the unfortunate and dying soul.

"Yudai escaped Vile unharmed... I guess luck was shining on him too bad not so much on those other players that face whatever it is." His words almost sounded sincere on the pity.

"Yes I heard of Yudai's encounter with Vile, quite the news around among the players." He sat up straight as the AI served him his drink and placed a cup of tea down on the table. "As for this player you mentioned I'm interested, I hope they perform well." He grabbed the cup and took a sip from it, he didn't like the taste but it did relax him. "What else do you have for me?"

"I would have payed anything to have seen the fight. Hm?" Turning to the AI skeleton he shooed it away by his fingers. Nodding his head in approval a bored sigh was released from his lips. Tapping the hard top his mind worked quickly and all the information he had gathered.

"I shall tell the player you think so highly of them. These days the rumor mill is low on juiciness. Level eight is almost conquer, soon we will see the beauty of nine. Yudai is still in the lead followed by his merry band of... Female companions. Vile is nowhere to be seen, nor are the other NPC's. Ryujinsealord is testing his luck with the repentance quest and so shall Haine and Zauis. About that, Lady Haine is soon to married him, though no date as of yet and the silver swordsman will take happily his future wife; the Sergeant of the Ebon Vanguard. I've also heard that Lisbeth has begun to do questing once more..." He looked at the man trying to see if there was any hint of emotion. The cloak sadly was not being of any help at all.

"I had heard much of this and beared witness to it, but it is good we are both well informed of the happenings that are currently in progress within Aincrad." He sipped from the cup before setting it down and sighed thinking in silence. "This player you mentioned, they best not disappoint. Tell them I look forward to meeting them in person soon, though please make sure they are truly capable of being a good ally and trustworthy." He stared at the cup for a few seconds and smirked slightly. "I would however like to at least know the gender of this player so I may use a proper noun to identfy them with, that is if I may know now." He turned to Lucivar, his face still hiding any possible depiction of emotion. "Anything else?

"Here I thought I had heard the juicy gossip... I had taken you for a man of serious matters not women talk." He replied. Noticing that the meeting was soon coming to an end, his head bowed in respect. Listening to the words carefully as they were spoken.

"You know you can count on me... Besides," He turned then back to the religious depiction. "I rather keep that information to myself just yet... A mystery is not a mystery if it is revealed. Just like a surprised. Trust my words that you shall meet soon, but not yet."

Moving toward the glass window as the sun descended finally and darkness cloak the sky. The depiction seemed to come alive in different colors.

"I hope you will not intervene in my plans. In the end...They will suit us both. That is all... Do you have anything else to tell me?"

"Watch your tongue Lucivar, I am a man of serious business and will not sit idly as someone calls me a gossiper. I know what I know because I have sources, don't mistake that for a simple gossip lover." He warned as he grabbed his cup and deank from it. "As for your 'surprise' I suppose I can wait, but do be careful with what you do. It would be ill-advised that you cross me." He sipped what remained of the tea and placed the cup down, he stood up from his seat and nodded at Lucivar as he headed for the stairs leading to the secod floor. He placed his foot on the first step and looked at the player. "Now I will leave you to do as you will, I do look forward to meeting this player and I will be speaking to some possible allies that I know. Good night Lucivar, but do tread carefully on your way out and while you carry your plan out. Death is a fickle one and may strike without warning."

Lucivar shrugged his shoulders at the male players voice. He might have felt a feeling of fear run down his spine, but he would not admit to it. Brushing his hair away from his eyes he turned to the man. A sadistic smile on his thin lips.

"Cross you? What do I win with that? I want you on my side... Not theirs." A snicker escape his lips as he followed the man's cloak back. Turning back to the depiction he did not bother to raise his voice to be heard.

"I am not afraid of death... For I embody it and bring its affliction. Just like you will do... When the time comes."

Hearing the footsteps retreat he stared at unfortunate and dying soul. The sadistic smile decorating his face as the wheels of his mind began to work.