[OP FL 4] Winter wonderland

His eyes gazed at this town. He had never been here but this is the place where he felt..at home. Snow laid everywhere as the rumors had stated. His azure eyes lightened up as the wintry chill blew through the air." Beautiful" He smiled walking around.

His footsteps crunched under the fresh snow as he gazed upon the patrons playing and building . Couples laughed as if not a care in the world. He almost forgot. He almost forgot this was a death game. An ironic smile as he stared out at the people." Maybe I'll take the kids here." His empty words were followed by the thoughts of the front lines. He was going to go soon.

Carrying with her a bag of supplies after leaving one of the shops in the floor. Lisbeth moved towards the gate and shivered. She hadn't bothered to put on a coat thinking she could take on the climate. Definitely the most stupid decision she had ever done. Noticing the different player couples that were working aimlessly to create snow castles she smiled silently to herself.

Romance was always in the air, which she was happy for and yet she envy those who could continue their lives inside the game. She wanted to survive and get out of it as soon as possible, but time passed too quickly and there was still not that much progress being made.

Softly sighing she continued on her path, until a breeze blew a scarf out of her bag and off to the distance. Running after it to catch it she tried to keep up, while not slipping or falling down. She didn't need to damage all the new supplies she had bought.

My eyes slowly look around this snowy landscape and a smile forms on my lips.This has to be the best floor in existence. I feel bad for the people missing out on this, seems like it is always the perfect winter temperature here. I think to myself as I stroll throughout the worn in player made paths in the snow. I slowly turn my head to see the player couples walking about, enjoying the snow and making snow castles.Snow castles, that's... different. I smile a bit and continue walking, bored but content in the snowy wonderland of sorts.

My head starts to drift up and I see a player I've never met before.I wonder who he is? Seems nice enough, probably not a maverick. Maybe I should say hi? The thought crosses my mind and I quickly dismiss it, not wanting to disturb someone who looks like they are at peace.

His eyes roamed the area of the town as he continued to walk across the soft snow. He noticed several people who were..out of place. They seemed seasoned and not among these regulars who seemed to have lived their whole lives here.

He noticed the girl with no overcoat chasing something, the male who had jumped down to get it for her and then the other male who noticed him. His footsteps ultimately lead to help the girl in need to catch her item. It would be a good icebreaker for everyone. " Don't slip." He mentioned going down the street to her.

A few times her feet seemed to slide on the cold ground. Huffing as she tried to not lose track of the scarf, Lisbeth didn't notice her own surroundings since her whole attention was concentrated on getting back the damn thing. When the scarf finally hit the wall of one of the settlements, she almost jumped in glee and remembered how hard the ground could be.

"Oh no, no, no." She chanted to herself as once more she began to lose balance. She almost did until she got a good hang of herself and tried to keep the items saved. Looking up at the sudden call out of warning, she felt a little bit embarrass at someone noticing her almost slip.

"Thanks... Almost a rare thing for me to do in this floor." She replied, shivering in the cold and looking around. Noticing a familiar face in the distance she squinted her eyes trying to see who it was. Then, of course, was the other male stranger. She hadn't seen him before, nor the player coming her way.

"I thought I would make it quick out of here..." Her smile was one of warmth and greeting, before her face turned a bit dark and she continued to freeze.

"I thought wrong..." Trying to bend down slowly to pick up the scarf that almost seemed impossible with her hands full and her wobbly stance. She couldn't help but curse the ice.

He gazed at her and nodded at her statement." I would find it extremely hard as well to do things with that many things in your grasp. " He smiled bending over to pick up her scarf. He then seemed to notice the shop keeper he bought all his merchandise from.

Of course he didn't shout hello or anything though. He preferred to wait til they were close to speak.

" You seem cold and a bit out of sorts. Would you care for a bit of help miss?" He extended his hand to hand over possession of the scarf but also to accept any item she needed help carrying. The wintry bluster didn't mind him so much as it was part of his childhood memories. It seemed that the game registered that.

• 2 weeks later...

"Yes...Well, I see it as trying to improve my strength. Only that sounds silly," She said with a friendly smile. Nodding her head in a silent thank you, she grappled with the many items and sighed lightly. She should have put them immediately in her inventory, but she was stubborn to do so and wanted to try them out once she was at the inn. Female vanity was a terrible complex.

"Thank you. You don't seem like trouble," She eyed him for a moment, before offering some of the items to him while still carrying half. Thankfully, most of them were just silly things she thought would be pretty. Shivering again and beginning to walk slowly through the ice path, her brow was furrowed in concentration.

"My name is Lisbeth, kind stranger. What about yourself? Care for a cup of cocoa as a reward? Not many tend to lend a hand when one is in need, though I don't blame them." She trailed off her comment, looking down at the items as she clutched them harder to her chest.

"This floor is very beautiful...Yet, I dislike the cold." She grumbled, turning to give him a joking smile and hoping he didn't think her weird for it.

That did sound very silly as he looked at her behind those glasses of his. He contained a small laugh and nodded in response. Her words of him being kind and not trouble made him feel good . " I hope I'm not trouble.. I try to avoid it as much as I can really." He spoke as she handed over half of her luggage to him. He took the half with ease and they continued to their destination wherever that may lead.

Her words of the floor was as expected. The floor had been very well thought out and every detail was correct." It is beautiful. It reminds me of my childhood very much. " Her shiver was a sight welcomed as he knew now that he wasn't the only one thinking that this place did effect the mind very much. Her offer of cocoa was also accepted. " I would love to continue our conversation over a nice hot cup. " He hadn't had the taste of chocolate in years in liquid form. This day would turn out better than expected.

"My, oh my, aren't you very honest? I'm happy to know that you are not trouble, if only many players were like that. I do dislike trouble of the bad kind, though when it's trouble of the good kind..." She drawl her comment, before giving him a mischievous wink and following with a friendly chuckled. Truth be told, she rarely if ever caused that kind of trouble anymore. As the time passed and she continued to be inside the game along with all the other players, Lisbeth could feel herself change.

Watching him from the corner of her eyes, she couldn't help but think that he was the kind of person who chose each word wisely. Feeling her knees tremble once more, Lisbeth grind her teeth together as she tried to maintain her resolve. An annoyed huff exiting her as she continued on. Listening to his comment about the floor she felt terribly bad for being a tiny jealous. Unlike him, there was nothing that reminded her of home.

"That's good that you have such a memory of something lovely, though your childhood must have been very cold. Mine was more of a warmer climate, though none of the other floors seem to even resemble that warmth. Either it's extremely hot or extremely cold, like this one. There are those who do have the perfect day temperature, but sometimes it just feels too perfect. Hm... Like unreal perfect." She replied, before shrugging her shoulders and quickly mumbling, "I hope that made sense."

As the Inn came into view, she tried to point at the building with one of her busied hands.

"Perfect! They do make the best cocoa and buttery biscuits that actually taste real. Nothing like that bland stuff you get in other places." Her tone quickly rising up in pitch as she got excited.

"I swear next time I'm bulking up on clothes. Never again am I appearing like this. So, have you been to all the floors?" She asked him in a cheerful tone.

He was an honest person with a good resolve. It was told by many people before he had a good heart. Sometimes it seemed to be taken advantage of but it was rare. Her comment about her liking trouble in the good kind made him chuckle a slight bit as they continued walking. The wink caused a rosy reaction to his upper cheeks. One couldn't tell if it was from her comment or from the blustery weather.

" Nothing wrong with a little bit of excitement in your life." He agreed." She seemed to him like a well liked person with many friends. Of course, this was a first look glance and such. Her shivering didn't go unnoticed this time as he placed some of her belongings on a dry spot. He took off his jacket and draped it over her shoulders. " Til we get there, you can borrow this."

His childhood did have good memories but those days didn't last long." A warmer climate huh? Sounds nice." He thought about it. He didn't do well with warm weather." And to answer your other question...nope. I believe floor 6 and 7 are ones I haven't been to." As their destination came into view, he grew more excited. To sit down and have an intelligent conversation was.. well lacking these days. A few here and there but it was always welcomed." I'm Kiluia." He soon realized he never introduced himself." Sorry for the late introduction."