[PP - F1] A Journey's Start (Me & Meggido) «Complete»

Shizuki Akashi had just left the Starter Town after exploring it some, and she now looked upon the vast grassy plain outside said town. She took a minute to take in the wonder that this virtual world that seemed so real, was all just a bunch of sensations being created in her brain. Then she shrugged it off. This was a game, a MMO at that. She would need to get better quick or she'd become prey to higher level characters. All MMO's had a grind. She opened her inventory by swiping her hand and equipped her "Longsword," the weapon she had started off with. She swung it twice, put her finger on the blade and held it diagonal in a blocking motion, then drew her elbow back. The sword emitted a faint red glow indicating it was charging, then she thrusted forward.

"Knew reading the Beta Tester's blogs would pay off." She said to herself.

She didn't get far before encountering a boar. It had grey-blue fur and glowing red eyes, but it also had a red marker above it's head and a red health bar curving around the side of it's body. It looked angry and as soon as it spotted her, it charged. As it neared her, she repeated the blocking motion from before, ready to block it by the tusks. The boar's tusks slammed into her with a lot of force, and she struggled against it...

1-5.) She blocks successfully and pushes the boar back, leaving it open for attack.

6-8.) Th boar is too strong for her and breaks her guard, however she moves and is only grazed.

9-10.) The boar is too strong for her, it breaks her guard and lands a direct hit.

Dice rolled 10, HP goes from 5/5 to 3/5

The board broke through her guard, and rammed it's tusks into her stomach, throwing her back it's strength surprised her. She supposed that blocking with a sword wasn't the best thing to do. She watched the boar as she stood up and realized it had a long recovery time. It took her about as long to stand back up. She supposed this time, she'd dodge and attack it during it's recovery time.

The boar scraped a hoof against the ground, pulling out some grass and pushing back the dirt, three times. It huffed angrily and charged again. This time, she decided, she would dodge.

1-3.) She dodges successfully and retaliates, hitting the boar.

4-5.) She dodges successfully and retaliates, getting a critical hit.

6-8.) She only does a partial dodge, and gets scraped by a tusk.

9-10.) She failed to dodge in time, the boar lands another direct hit.

Meggido walks along the first floor, looking around bored. Seeing a low level, he moves towards her. She seemed different then some, more confidant, and a look in her eyes that he understood. She may be low level, but she wasnt afraid. Walking forward, he unsheathes his katana, and slashes at the boar. His katana rips through the boar, destroying it in a single shot. He turns looking at the girl, sizing her up.

Meggido 17/17

Shizuki 3/5

Boar 0/5

She blinked as an orange gash appeared through the boar's abdomen, then the whole thing exploded into blue crystals that faded out. She looked, then, to the person who had saved her. She should have been greatful, but that's not how she works.

'Thanks for stealing my kill, jerk." Okay maybe a bit too harsh, but she didn't care. She stood up and examined the glowing orange scars on her stomach, then looked back to her 'savior,' wondering if they were doing it out of kindness or if they wanted something more.

She sneered, a wry smile playing on her lips. "I won't argue. You saved me. I guess I owe you a thank you. You're not getting an apology for the insult though." She sighed, rubbing her stomach. No pain. Weird. She thought. "So, did you save me out of the kindness of your heart? Or did you expect me to swoon over you? What do you want?"

Meggido shakes his head. She had spirit to her, that was different.

"Most people around here would see me and run. Your either brave, stupid, or some combination of the two. Either way, you don't fit my criteria to kill off. I only hunt prey."

He pulls his hood back, revealing his white dyed hair. He runs his hand through it.

"As for why, I dont know. I was bored, thats why. Thats generally why I do everything I do.

Meggido shakes his head.

"I go after the weak, the pathetic, and those who insist on trying to clear this game. Why would anyone want to leave. Our real bodies are being cared for, and we exist in a magical world, where we can be strong. I don't just go after low levels though, people my own level, even those higher level I have stood and fought against before. Its only through sheer dumb luck I haven't had my cursor turn orange."

He spins around, looking at her dead in the eyes.

"Does that frighten you, being in the presense of a murderer. Are you afraid to die here? After all, PvP is part of this game, and Kayaba clearly has no issue with us killing each other."

She raised her eyebrow again. "Our bodies being cared for...? Oh, you like fighting all levels. That makes you a little respectable." She said, playfully. "And no, you don't scare me. Kill me if you want, it doesn't bother me." She stepped closer to him and with her face right next to his, she wispered "That's what will one day make me your worst enemy, or your best ally. I don't fear death and I don't care about lives, mine or other's." She stepped back and smiled at him.

Meggido looks her in the eyes, determining if she was lying or being honest. Satisfied with her answer, he starts to grin, pulling his hood back up.

"Well then, lets get you trained up. Get to a high enough level, and you may just prove useful in this world after all. The truth is there are plenty who hate us for our disregard for life, but there are more of us then they want to admit."

Meggido swipes his hand down, opening his system menu. Scrolling through, he selects the party menu, and sends an invitation to Shizuki

Meggido shrugs his shoulders looking around.

"Anywhere you would like. This floor has boars, kobolds, and in the next village is some quest for a new weapon called the Anneal Blade i heard. I was on my way to get it once when a better weapon dropped from a monster I was fighting, so I skipped the quest."

He sighs as he walks, his hands behind his head. Their guild didn't have enough members, and Vile wasn't gonna be happy about that. Still, with all the maverick activity, he was sure recruiting members wouldn't be difficult.

Shizuki nodded.

"A quest that would net experience and a good early weapon? I'll do that..." She pointed at her health bar that was in the red danger zone. "What should I do about that?" She swiped her hand and searched through her inventory curiously. She had her language set as Japanese, because she preferred it, but now she wondered if he could read it. If not, he shouldn't be able to see her inventory... Not that it mattered at level 1.

Meggido snorts hearing the ladies man comment.

"There is one rule to this world. Become strong and survive. If you can't manage that, then you aren't worth my time. Become strong enough, and this whole thing won't be for nothing."

He draws his Katana again as they walk, preparing in case they were attacked. The chances were low, but there was always the risk of maverick hunters patrolling after the recent attacks.