Gun Gale Offline

Alright people, with the new GGO Beta in full swing its clear that there are some bumps. This was to be expected. That's why these things are called <>. What we need to do is swat out all of the bugs and provide possible solutions to them. That is the purpose of this thread. This is NOT a comment thread on how you may or may not enjoy the section. It is clear that players love the game but they need to help fix things. So while this game is in its two week beta, lets help get things figured out.

In here I want everyone to not only state what they see as wrong but provide positive feedback or a constructive solution. Let me state that again, IF YOU SEE A PROBLEM YOU MUST ALSO PROVIDE AN IDEA TO IMPROVE THINGS! Let's see how we can help improve things.

Alright, i was expecting a thread like this. Pretty sure this would help a lot and thank you for being the one Miaki. This is not a report about bugs but i think it would be helpful to ones who read it.

Only problem i noticed so far is that people buy their weapons and mags, but they forget posting about it or adding them to their journal. This causes really big problems more then it seems since its mostly a PVP game right now. So,there is nothing really much i can say more but this is more like a friendly tip abd a warning then a suggestion. Don't forget adding and posting about the weapons and the equipments you bought! :3

Creature poaching is a bit of a problem, people walking into threads after monitoring it for a while just to last hit enemies, systems a little broke in that department

I would suggest a total Dmg done mechanic giving it to the player that did more "actual damage" to the monster

I.E.

Player 1 shoots a mob 2 seperate posts for 8 damage 15-8=7

Player 2 shoots the same mob for 10 damage 7-10=0

Player 1 is awarded money because the monster was only had 7 remaining HP, effectively doing 7 "actual damage"

Thread ghosting is a bit irritating as well, just tagging posts and waiting for a player/squad to get low enough to shoot.

Party 1 fights a pack of enemies for 20 posts, ends it on the last post

Party 2 joins in the thread on the 21 post and states they where there the whole time

Party 2 effectivly wipes out all of Party 1 because of this metagaming factor

Party 1 had a few disadvantages because of this thread ghosting:

1. The second party was free to sit back and watch, without having to succeed a single roll or anything, being 100% invisible to the first party, which in any game shouldn't be the case.

2. The second party was assumed to not have to deal with any creatures of there own, they just poof in out of nowhere, nothing sees them move in or anything.

3. the second party usually gets first rolls on attacks even though 1,2 are true.

so Party 2 doesn't exist in the RP until they want to, being invisible and getting the first shot?

while Party 1 gets to get gunned down, at random with half health?

that my friends is not balanced

I would recommend, that anyone who attempts to contest in an RP has to make it within the first few posts, to attempt Poaching or Thread Ghosting. by that time yes Party 1 may be damaged, but not so much that party 1 doesn't have a chance to turn the fight around, and the squad members must each post using there battle dice as initiatives, to see which team member goes where, deciding turn order. agility would modify this turn order, faster movement, earlier turn