[PP-F1] «A New Friend» [Ento] {COMPLETED}

It was morning, I had just woken from the sounds of players talking. "Hmp. I guess I'll head into a closed environment." I said, as I stood to stretch. I rubbed my eyes and started to head to a «Coffee Shop». I made my way through the crowd of players and finally got to my destination. I walked into the «Coffee Shop» and ordered a cup of tea and took a seat by the window. "Today seems like a good day." I said, with a smile. I took another sip of coffee and stared outside of the window.

Many players were at the «Coffee Shop», but none of them were interested into talking to me. I continued to take a sip of my cup of tea. I watch as many players have a blast while they're in a party. Some come back to return their quests, and some were taking off to Floor Two. I was able to catch other players teleporting back to Floor One. I smiled, and took another sip of my tea. I pulled down the menu and looked through my skill set.

PARTY INFO

Echo

Ento

Walking down the road, just coming back into town from completing a quest. Ento spots a small coffee shop on the corner.

'Seems like a good a spot as any to get a quick snack'

Heading inside Ento walks up to the counter, looking up and down at the menu. A young lady comes to take his order.

"Hello sir, what may I get for you?"

Ento thinks another moment.

"I will take a green tea, if you have it."

The lady nods, prompting the trade transaction window to appear on his HUD. Taking the green tea in hand, Ento headed over to an open seat near the window to watch people as they passed by.

Suddenly, a player sat in front of me. "Ack." He spooked me for a second, but I shook it off. "Hey there." I greeted the player, but he seemed to be looking at the players out of the window. I took a sip of my coffee and put away my menu. He didn't look much of a player, but it seemed like he knew his way around these floor. I thought to myself, as I continue to examine the player. I took another sip ending the durability of my cup of coffee.

The million of polygons start to disappear right in front of my eyes, and as they disappear. I still see the player there. Looking at the window. I stare out the window as well. There were quite a few players around the central plaza, but more were coming back through the portal gate.

"Hey there."

The voice seemed directed at him, and in turn he took his eyes off the plaza and looked toward the player that was seated next to him. Looking up quickly up and down, Ento smiled softly.

"Hello, how can I help you?"

Moving his chair a bit so that he is able to properly face the player, sipping his tea as his eyes glanced around the room.

Ento moved a bit back, and I flashed a smile. "Hey there, my name is Echo. What's you name?" I ask the strange player. I smiled at him and then scrolled down my menu, and pulled down a slice of bread. I took a bite and looked at him, and then looked out the window. I continued to chew my bread, and looked around the central plaza, but there were no players left. I turn my attention, back to the player. I continue to stare at the player while I take another bite of bread.

I chuckled at the thought about having our names close to each other. "It's nice to meet you, Ento." I said, with a smile. I finished the rest of my bread and looked at Ento. "Mmm. What did you do before you got here?" I said to Ento, as I finish off my bread. He looked a bit exhausted, but it was barely the beginning of the day. I put away my menu and stood up. "Let's go somewhere to chat." I said with a smile.

Looks at the man, and nods his head. leaving the empty cup on the table, Ento follows Echo out, Answering his question as they walk.

"I was a Game Developer, well...I guess I still am. For those that like to hold on to the past."

Looking up at the sky as the walk, thinking back to just a few hours ago how he was typing away at his keyboard for work. Shaking his head he looked back down at Echo.

"What about you my friend?"

We walked out of the «Coffee Shop» and headed out towards the central plaza. Ento told me how he is a Game Developer, "Game Developer? How cool." I said to Ento, with a thumbs up. We continued going past the central plaza and into the corridors of the market stalls. He then asked my what I did before this game. "Well.. You see.. I've lost my memories ever since I entered this game. It could be something to do with the game, but for now I know I'm a high school student, a C minus student at that." I said to Ento, as I rubbed the back of my head.

Ento laughs about the school comment.

"No worries there, I was the same type of student. In no better shape, honestly. Wasn't till after School that I started to really learn who I am."

Looking ahead and enjoying the faint breeze that was blowing through the streets of the town. Giving a soft smile towards Echo.

"No worries, we all start out a bit rough."

I smiled at the compliment Ento has given me. "I'm not much of a bright learner. So, I don't know how far I'll make it in society." I said to Ento, with a smile. We made it pass the corridors and headed towards the cliffs. "Ento.. Do you want to leave Aincrad?" I asked Ento, with a curious tone. I wanted to know how he felt about Aincrad, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to leave. I sat by the cliff, and awaited his response.

"Do I want to leave..."

He thinks to himself, for a long moment.

"You know, right now. All I care about is trying to stay alive, what about you? What do you feel about this place?"

Looking over at Echo as they make there way towards the cliffs. A few memories of his friends coming to mind from his past.

Ento's answer surprised me. "Staying alive.. That's good." I said to Ento, with a soft tone. I start to swing my feet like a child, as he asked me how did I feel about leaving Aincrad. I stopped for a moment, but continued to swing my feet. "To be honest, Ento. I think my life here is a bit better than the one I have in real life. Even though death is permanent. It's just like real life anyways. I made some good friends these past days." I said, feeling dramatic about it. Mayonaka, Diabel, and Natalia. Good people. I thought to myself, as I smile. "How about you Ento? Did you make some good people?" I asked him, as I continue to smile upon Aincrad.

Sits down next to Echo, taking in the sight of this place.

"I would say I have, although I enjoy meeting new people. What happens from these connections...well who knows..."

Lays back on the ground, staring up into the sky.

"What is your goal here?"

Ento, made some good friends. That is what he told me, and he also told me about the connections we have made with them. To be honest, I don't know what will happen either. I thought to myself. Ento layed down on the grass and asked me what my goals were. "My.. goals?" I said softly. I thought for a moment, and tapped on my chin. "I guess it would be to help everyone leave this game." I replied to Ento, without believing that was my goal. "How about you, Ento?" I asked him, as I gazed at the skies.

Ento Leaned up on his elbows.

"You know, honestly, I have not figured out what they are yet. Maybe one day I will find them out.."

Thinking to himself, nothing really came to mind. Did he want to leave? Maybe. Did he want to protect others? None have really made him feel obliged. Hmmm....

Ento snaps himself out of that thought process.

"Yea, I really don't have any right now. Maybe get myself a girl..."

Laughs softly at that thought.

I laugh at the joke he made, but I think he may be right. "A girl.. Not a bad idea." I said to Ento. The months I've been here made me think about it, but I rejected the thought as soon as it came. I saw the sun starting to set once more, "Ento, you should find a goal. It may inspire you to do things." I said, as I layed on the grass, gazing at the sky. "I think I might have inspiration, to become strong to protect the people close to me." I said, with a kind tone. I smiled at what I said and continue to gaze at the sky.

Nods in agreement with his new friend, smiling a bit.

"I will have to do that Echo, I will put more thought into it."

Looks up at the sky one more time, taking in the colors, admiring them. After a moment he stands up and stretches, looking back towards town. Bringing open his HUD to check the time.

"Well, it looks like it may be getting around that time for me to head back, been a long day."

The night had rose, and we must part ways. Ento seems to agree to it, as he had a long day. "Alright Ento. I head back as well. There's no use of staying here by myself now." I said, as I stood up. I stared over the city below the cliff, and watched as players take shelter in Inns or settlements they own on Floor One. "It's about time I need to start getting as settlement of my own." I said to myself.

Looks to the stars for a brief second before looking back down. Nodding towards Echo, extending his hand.

"It was a pleasure to meet you, hopefully I can find that goal of mine"

Heads of into the night, back towards town, his hands behind his head as he walked, whistling a soft tune.