[OP-F3] Rob from the rich, and give to the elves

[Elf's turn]

Battle dice 6

Elf attacks for 2 damage, blocks 0 damage

Calyx health: 15/17

Elf health: 4/10

The man stumbled a few steps before he regained his footing. As he turned back toward Calyx, his face appeared in a murderous rage that showed he was now hell-bent on retribution. He charged at Calyx with force this time, rather than quickness, and drove his dagger straight toward Calyx's arm.

[Calyx's turn]

Battle dice 10 (+1)

Calyx attacks for 6 damage, blocks 8 damage

Calyx health: 17/17

Elf health: -2/10 (DEFEATED)

When he saw the fury on the man's face, Calyx knew this fight needed to end sooner rather than later. Rather than raise his sword or armor in an attempt to block, Calyx raised Kaeseras over his head, opening himself up to the brunt of the elf's attack. The elf drove his dagger into where calyx's arm had just been, and made solid contact only with Calyx's azure steel breastplate. When he realized his attack had failed, the elf looked up to see Calyx staring down at him from beneath an already glowing blue greatsword. Calyx smiled in the brief instant before the System brought his attack down on the man's shoulder, splitting half his torso in two before he shattered into a shower of digital shards.

Loot dice 19

Uncommon item: Idhrenohtar (pendant, +1 to battle dice)

Calyx resheathed Kaeseras as Lockheed glided down to alight on top of it. He heard a *ping* from his inventory, and looked at his new item. " 'This pendant depicts the elvish symbol for "warrior", and is said to augment the wearer with a portion of the strength of will of all its previous owners.' ...Huh. That sounds handy...", Calyx said as he removed the item from his inventory and put it on. While the pendant looked fairly light, when he put it around his neck, Calyx felt like he had just put on a heavy chain with a small weight at the end. The discrepancy of it was jarring, and it made him really feel like he could physically sense the weight of the presence of all the pendant's previous owners resting on his shoulders. Man these designers were good.

As he reached over his shoulder to sheath Kaeseras, Calyx felt a pinch under his arm in the small gap where his skin was exposed between the small overlapping plates of his armor. With a puzzled look, he glanced behind him, but couldn't see anything. He reached across with his opposite arm to feel what might have bitten him, and discovered a small capsule attached to the back of his arm. He pulled out the dart and held it in front of him just long enough to realize what it was before everything went dark.

• 3 months later...

OOC: i took a break from the RP for a few months between this post and the last, and the rules have changed a bit. My stats are different now, and i'm going to be using a sword and shield instead of kaeseras, so i'll jerryrig a reason for Calyx to switch weapons when he wakes up to make the transition less obvious. But i honestly don't completely remember how the old stats worked, so i'll just use the new ones. i don't really plan on doing much combat though, so it shouldn't matter.

Calyx slowly dragged his eyes open a moment later, and found that he had unusual trouble doing so, and that the whole world looked... blurry. He fought to shake the sensation off and after a few moment his vision cleared and he was able to move the rest of his body besides his eyelids. He rolled onto his side and looked around; he was in what appeared to be a small, sparse straw hut, and the fog he was in a moment ago was suddenly gone. 

Alarmed at the sudden change in his surroundings, Calyx quickly rose to his feet and reached back to draw his sword, which he found absent, as well as the dragon that lived atop it. "Took you long enough to wake up.", said a familiar voice in Calyx's head. He looked around the room and saw an orange ball on the small makeshift table behind him begin to move. Lockheed rose from the nap he seemed to have just been in, and took the few steps toward Calyx that the length of the table allowed.

"Where's Kaeseras?", Calyx asked the dragon out loud. "And where are we?" Lockheed replied in his usual calm manner, "There was another human hiding like a coward in the trees of the forest, and he shot you and dragged us here. Another of them took your sword." Now Calyx was worried. Being somewhere strange and new he could totally handle, but he hated the thought of having to do it unarmed...

Just then Calyx remembered that Kaeseras wasn't his only sword, as much as he may have tried to make it seem that way. He had loved that greatsword since the day he got it, but it wasn't the only one he had gotten since abandoning that shard of rust that players received when they started SAO. Calyx pulled up his inventory, hoping the mysterious elves had only been able to steal things that were on his person, and not things in his digital stash. He breathed a sigh of relief when he saw that his inventory still contained the things he was looking for. He pushed a few more buttons, and his Anneal Blade appeared at his right hip, followed by a small shield across his back.

"Ahhh... that's better. It's no Kaeseras, but it'll do for now. So where are we, exactly?", Calyx asked his small orange friend. "See for yourself.", the dragon thought as he nodded toward the one small door that was the room's only exit. "And they're elves, by the way. Not humans. Slight difference." "You all make for the same-sized snack. It makes no difference to me." Calyx sighed and shook his head as he drew his sword and strode over to the door, half-coiled in a defensive crouch. He slowly and gingerly pulled the door open a few inches, just enough to get a view of the world outside.

What he saw caught him completely off guard. Rather than the dense, foggy, unwelcoming forest he had been knocked out in, Calyx now saw that he was in the midst of what appeared to be a lively village nestled in the middle of the forest. The fog was no longer present, and stopped about a half a kilometer away at the boundary of the camp. That meant that this was some kind of designated safe zone, either for players or NPCs, and that there were likely no mobs here (although Calyx hadn't run into any in the rest of the forest either). What he didn't know, however, was whether the NPCs or players that lived in this village were hostile to him or not. Until he saw some kind of sign that the person who drugged him didn't have other nefarious plans, he would have to stay on guard.

"Come on, let's get out of here." Calyx thought to Lockheed. "About time.", the dragon responded as he flew toward Calyx. He glided over and landed on Calyx's head at first, and Calyx was forced to bow under the weight. Lockheed scraped and clawed to try to find footing, but the fact was that Calyx's head wasn't really large enough for the dragon to sit on, and there wasn't much to grab hold of. "Ow! You're scratching my head!", Calyx complained. "Well I've nothing to travel on; what would you have me do, fly everywhere?" "Can't you sit on my shoulder, or the shield or something?" "Your shoulders possess even less real estate than your head, and I don't see how a vertical shield would help very much..." "Just give it a try, would you? It can't be worse than this setup..." The dragon reluctantly climbed down the back of Calyx's neck and grabbed onto the upper rim of the shield. "There, can you hang on and still see from there?" "......If I say no, does that mean you'll find another greatsword?"

"It's just until we find Kaeseras.", Calyx thought. "Now let's go." Calyx opened the door as quietly as he could until he had enough room to squeeze out of the hut, and then shut the door behind him. The hut was elevated above the ground, and now that he was outside, Calyx understood how. The whole structure was attached to the side of a tree, about three stories up, and most of the other "buildings" in the forest village seemed to be on trees as well. There was a series of haphazard walkways connecting each building's porch to at least one other, meaning that you could get to anywhere in the village without ever having to touch the ground. Calyx headed across the only walkway attached to his hut, crouching as he did so and moving slowly to avoid detection.