Groups and Guilds

Not to be confused with "party", but groups aka guilds by some we need to figure.

What requirements are needed to start a group/guild?

How can people be added to said group/guild, and how will group/guild owners be able to remove people from said groups.

Shall users be 100% in control over groups/guilds?

Or should GM's manage the groups/guilds via the forum's groups feature like how we have Administrators, GM's, and Beta Tester groups here on the forum.

Where will players manage guild activity? in the fields, or a separate section, town topics, etc...?

To be at a specific Level, which seems to be based off of post count currently? I'd like to give it a small number like... 3, and you must have 5 people to start the guild?

How can people be added to said group/guild, and how will group/guild owners be able to remove people from said groups.

Allow an area on the forums for all guilds to create a thread for themselves (In character of course) which advertises the guild, and if someone wants to apply, they do so in the thread?

Or should GM's manage the groups/guilds via the forum's groups feature like how we have Administrators, GM's, and Beta Tester groups here on the forum.

Let the GM's be in control, so people aren't abusing their forum group.

I do like the idea of a level limit, but I'm not a fan of letting them be started at level 3, I think that's a bit too soon and it would be a bit better around 5 or 6, I know that's 2-3 levels difference but hopefully by that point people have gotten into the swing of things. Member amounts 4 or 5 sounds decent enough.

Advertise it in a specific IC forum made for groups/guilds where each guild is given their own forum as Sara suggested, it doesn't sound like a bad idea.

As much as I don't like the idea of given users too much control over things, I think allowing a user to govern their own guild will give them a sense of fairness, if it's proven that specific user can't handle it then and only then should a GM step in and assume control over that user group.

Where will players manage guild activity? in the fields, or a separate section, town topics, etc...?

Well we could go the route of creating a specific section for "guild housing" that requires the guild do to some kind of event to unluck being able to use it, but after that they'd be able to create a "guild house" in that specific section. Then maybe allow it to advance in size as the guild grows and meets certain requirements.

Level Requirement: At least 5 for sure as im sure players wern't teaming up in SAO tell then XD

Agree with both Sara and Sieg, advertise for it or they might have to do it by Word of Mouth IC.

I like where Sieg is going with this, Think we could create a specific user group for each Guild made or maybe giving the Guild Master the user group to be able to only manage there Guild Area? Of Course, if they abuse it, we strip them of this privilage but they still will have there guild leadership and only will give them the bare basics.

If we want to stay close to the series, players can have a guild but not a base of opps unless they buy it. Maybe start off with a rather low number for a simple place and work there way up to castle size guild area's? Though they may win special one time guild/player houses through events. I think that would be a neat option

One problem I realized about the User Groups is that players who have multiple characters. If their account is added to the group/guild, it would appear as if ALL their characters under that account are apart of that group/guild.

Which makes me rethink my whole Beta Testers group now, since you all choose multiple characters, the Beta Group is now redundant and I'll most likely have to drop the whole group.

Hrm this makes me re-think the whole one account multiple characters thing. I don't like the idea of having 30259083409582039458 members each belonging to only a handful of people, but maybe if we had a way to tell who's "other account" belonged to who originally I think I wouldn't be opposed to trying it. Maybe have it where the same e-mail can be used for multiple accounts or something.

yea, now im kind of seeing the downside to the muti players one account thing... Would be hard to manage who was where after some time.

If we do the one character/one account thing, we could make it so that in one of the requirements, the guild can't comprise of more then X amount of characters belonging to a single person?

The difference being you could make a whole guild out of people that you control or only interact with yourself and completely cut off the rest of the community if you so choose to, but that's just how I see it.

But whats the negative in that? Think about it, we're already wanting to implement requirements just to join a guild, weather thats post based levels or just a leveling system. You'd have to work REALLY hard to get your whole group of characters all the way to make those requirements. And even if they did manage to do so... so what? Let them.

The negative is you completely isolate yourself from everyone else. The point to a role play forum aside from the role play is to build community with the other users that are here. Not to built a community based upon yourself. Guilds are an extension of this fact. You further your connection with users through guilds, form bonds with their characters. If all you're doing is talking to yourself, then you might as well not be talking at all.

But that would pretty much negate the point of having an RP forum if you make a whole guild of yourselves and just RP with yourself. All you would produce is a self made story of what your characters are doing, eventually writing a book XD

I could make up my own fan fic if i wanted a guild of my selves (even if they were all different in there little ways). So i think that should be a rule.

A minimum of 2 characters that are not your character to make a guild, after that, you can have all the alts you want but the guild has to maintain the other two also

The negative is you completely isolate yourself from everyone else. The point to a role play forum aside from the role play is to build community with the other users that are here. Not to built a community based upon yourself. Guilds are an extension of this fact. You further your connection with users through guilds, form bonds with their characters. If all you're doing is talking to yourself, then you might as well not be talking at all.

Well Kirito is your defunct to that point, he originally was a solo player after the death of his first guild. So what then? How will we prepare for players who want to RP like him?

Didn't mean we wouldn't get players who wouldn't want to solo, but even Kirito partied with people every now and again and as you so pointed out he was part of another guild. Solo playing doesn't mean you don't make friends and have connections with other players. What I'm driving at is the players who create a guild then only let their own characters join, thus isolating themselves in a manner, because now they'd have a choice to be with other people be with the characters they created for their own guild. As noted more people in the series spent time with their guilds, become like a family, not much a family if everyone in your guild is you.

And I'm not saying people can't solo, I think you're both entirely missing my point. I thought we were discussing guilds and the possibility of someone using their multiple characters to fill all the gaps in the guild's structure.

Still need basic rules for setting up the guild.

Guild Start up requirements:

Minimum level of 5

Minimum player count of 4 to start up.

Col amount:

Then we could format a guild main page to be:

Guild Name:

Leader:

Type of guild: (PK/Front line/merchant or all around)

Guild Description: (Describe your guild, your plans and what it means to you as the player)

HQ: (when bought)

Members:

This should be posted one the player has applied for there Guild through a Guild Application Topic