[PP-F1] «Hunting Ground of Floor 1» [Ravven] {COMPLETED}

I watched the «Frenzy Boar» ram into the player. "Owch. That must hurt." I said, with a friendly tone. I draw my blade, and placed it in front of me. The «Frenzy Boar» charged at the player once again, but I moved in quick enough to block its ram from connecting. I kicked it back to its position and awaited for the player to strike the «Frenzy Boar» either ending it, or severely hurting it.

PARTY

Echo - 13/17

Ravven - 3/7

ENEMY

Frenzy Boar - 2/5

BD: 5

"I'm just glad there isn't pain in this game or I don't know if I'd be able to do this." Ravven said to the player.

Ravven decided to stop attempting fancy attacks, and just strike the blasted thing. He swung his dagger in a sideways arc across the «Frenzy Boars» stomach.

However, once again the boar turned quickly, knocking him off balance. "This dang monster just won't die," Ravven grumbles to himself.

PARTY

Echo - 13/17

Ravven - 2/7

ENEMY

Frenzy Boar - 2/5

BD: 3

I take a look at his health, "This isn't good. We should finish this as soon as possible." I said to the player. The «Frenzy Boar» charged towards me, but I was able to stop it from damaging me. I attempted to swipe the «Frenzy Boar», but it was able to dodge my attack. I leaped back to the player, and waited for him to do what he could do against the «Frenzy Boar». "You're not going to die here. You understand me." I said to the player, gripping onto a health potion.

PARTY

Echo - 13/17

Ravven - 2/7

ENEMY

Frenzy Boar - 2/5

BD: 5

"If this attack fails, I'll use the health potion." Ravven says to the player. He feels slightly nervous once again as he glances at his rather low healthbar. He feels sweat run down his neck.

Ravven decides to try something different, he throws his dagger causing it to spin through the air directly at the «Frenzy Boars» head.

The Knife strikes it directly between the eyes and the boar blows up into hundreds of blue polygons.

Ravven lets out a sigh and feels some tension leave his shoulders.

PARTY

Echo - 13/17

Ravven - 2/7

ENEMY

Frenzy Boar - DEAD

BD: 9

I walked over to the player, "Come on. Let's go within the safe zone and chat." I said to the player, putting the shield and sword back into my inventory. We walked into the Town of Beginnings, and headed for a «Coffee Shop» not so far from there. We walked into the shop and took a seat. "Well.. Since we've had a good battle with those monsters. I think it would be polite to introduce myself." I said to the player.

A waitress came by and I ordered a cup of tea. Looking back at the player, I said, "My name is Echo." I greeted the player with a smile. I looked at the window to see some children from the church has come out to play. "Say.. what did you do before everything happened?" I asked the player, as I watch the children play.

Ravven followed Echo to the Town of Beginners, in a slight daze at what had just transpired. However, he felt good about what he had done and he knew he would now be able to face the monsters without such paralyzing fear as he had had before.

Ravvens head had cleared by time they reached the safe zone and by time they reached the Coffee Shop he was back to normal. Ravven ordered a plain black coffee when the waitress came by.

"A pleasure to meet you Echo, you really saved me back there." Ravven said after Echo gave his introduction.

Ravven looked a bit rueful when he heard Echos last question. "Although I would love to tell you I did all kinds of interesting things before this, I'm afraid I just can't honestly say that. I was just an average high schooler, I got by with my grades and usually avoided others. My true friends were those who I had met online. That's how I got in this game, me and my group were going to all play this 'game' together. But then of course we found out it wasn't what we all expected it to be. I'm still looking for my friends who were supposed to join me on here but I fear something may have happened to them..."

Ravven realized that when he had introduced himself earlier Echo was probably too busy in battle to notice and cursed that oversite.

"My name is Ravven by the way. Enough of me though, what did you do before this mess began?"

Ravven nodded to the waitress in thanks as she gave him his cup of coffee and he took a sip of it.

I looked at Ravven at shock. His story was so much similar to mine. The waitress brought me the cup of tea I ordered. "I don't really much to talk about. I was a C- high school student, and I didn't have any friends. I lost most of my memories after I joined the game. That's about it." I said to Ravven, as I take a sip from my cup of tea. I continue to stare at the window where the kids played. "There is so much to do, but those kids might not do things we did.' I said, with a soft tone.

I shook my head, and looked back at Ravven. "I guess we kind of have the same life." I said, joking about how our life were similar. I continued to take a sip from my cup of tea, and asked, "Ravven, what are your goals? What do you want to accomplish here?" I asked, as my voice turned from joking to serious.

Ravven doesn't seem too surprised about the fact that their stories are similar. He notes the strong taste of the coffee but then reminds himself that, like everything here, it isn't truly real.

"I expect many people here are like us, they came here to escape the real world. Ironically the world we wanted to escape has become the one we all want to return to. Amazing how quickly the tables can turn..." Ravven says the last bit with a hint of bitterness in his voice.

Ravven looks thoughtful when asked about his goals. "Well, I was planning on just waiting it out in here. I thought we would be rescued from this place by now. But if it hasn't happened yet, it may never happen. Although I don't particularly want to fight and risk my life to escape this place I don't see what other option I have. Our real bodies can't last but so long on life support, so I supposed I'd rather die fighting than just sitting here doing nothing. If you meant specialities in the game itself, well, I haven't really decided on one yet. I need to pick one soon though."

Ravven glances at Echos level bar.

"I assume from the fact that you've been leveling you're wanting to fight to the top as well?"

Ravven was right, our bodies won't last long, but during life support we still have a chance of staying alive. I realize that he was right about some people being the same as us. "The same.. huh." I said to myself. I took a sip of my tea, and nodded about how people change their minds, when they wanted to escape here. "I came here to escape as well, but I want to leave to find out who I really am." I said to Ravven.

His goal was quite out of the ordinary, and then he said my goal was to be at the top. I laughed at the comment he made, "I'm here to protect the people close to me here." I said to Ravven. I knew that I wasn't strong enough to protect them yet, but I'm good enough to give me life to them. "By becoming strong. I'll be able to protect the people around me." I said with inspiration in my eyes. "Did you make any close friends?" I asked Ravven in curiosity.

Ravven listened with interest and gave a faint hint of surprise when Echo said he wanted to become strong to protect people. He could tell Echo really meant what he said and wasn't just trying to impress him.

"A noble goal, much more selfless than mine. I'm afraid when it comes to helping others I fall short many times. I often keep others away. I need to fix that problem of mine." Ravven glanced sadly at his reflection in his coffee cup as he said this.

"Yes, I had a number of close friends. They were really the only ones I was open with. One part of me hopes that they never made it into the game and are safe in the outside world. However, the selfish part of me hopes their in this game and that I will be able to meet them and I won't be alone anymore. A horrible thing to wish for, I know." Ravven sighs and leans back in his chair after he finishes speaking.

I finished the last of my cup of team and looked at Ravven. "Ravven, listen. Nothing about that was selfish. If I had friends I wanted to be with them as well. Being here alone does suck, but being able to protect them is also a good goal." I said in a confusing way. I shook my head, and said, "Okay. Don't be sad about anything. The only time to be sad, is when you lose someone important without fighting with them. Smile today, because you don't know know when something bad might happen." I said being philosophical. I smiled at Ravven, and started out the window once again.

"A kind soul," Ravven thought. "Trying to cheer me up because I'm always so gloomy. Gah, I need to stop acting this way all the time."

Ravven nodded after Echo had finished speaking. Then he managed a small smile to Echo.

"My appologies for being such a downer. I've always been rather gloomy and pessimistic." He straightened himself while saying this.

"I'm rather surprised you've managed to talk to me this long, most people leave me after I drone on about my depressing backstory." Ravven says this jokingly although his eyes look sad for just a moment, although they quickly return to normal and he appears slightly relieved about something.

"There you go again. Don't be so negative." I said with a smile on my face. For a moment, an image of that friend of mine popped up. I held my head as if I had a headache. Who is she? I need to remember. I looked at Ravven, "Say.. What do you think we should do now? We still have some time before it gets dark." I asked Ravven with a smile. I stood up pushing my chair in, and materializing my trench coat, and putting my hand in my pockets.

I looked around the shop, and many players were having a good time in here. I didn't like staying in a pub for a long time, so I had to leave. If Ravven stays, I was willing to stay longer, or until the night came. I smiled at Ravven, awaiting for his response.

Ravven looked at Echo in a concerned way, but Echo recovered before he had a chance to ask about the sudden headache.

Ravven stands at the question and says, "I'd be up for a walk about the town until it gets dark. Do you know of any interesting locations around here? I've only gone to the basic shops so far and to be honest I spend most of the day in my room alone."

I smiled at Ravven, "Come on follow me." I said, as I walk out the door. We went towards the corridors of the market stalls, and we went to the cliff which overseas a part of the Town of Beginnings that were close to the tower to the next floor. "I use to come here, and wonder if I should just jump." I said as a joke, but was serious at the same time. I pointed at the tower where «Illfang the Kobold King» use to be at. "Once you're high enough you'll be able to get to the tower and to the second floor." I said to him.

I took a seat by the edge, and laid on the grass. "Ravven, how long will you be staying here?" I asked him. "I have a couple of errands left before I leave Floor One for good." I said as I watch the skies. The clouds were going by, but had no shape to it. I still enjoy watching the skies though.

Ravven follows Echo through the stalls and up to the cliff.

At Echos comment about jumping, Ravven doesn't seem to notice it's a joke and just says, "I know that feeling."

Ravven looks at the tower silently and seems to be pondering something.

Sitting down crosslegged next to Echo, Ravven glances at the town below and all the people bustling around in it. "I might wait a bit longer for my friends. I also have a few quest I will need to do here before I should move on. However, moving on for good? I'll probably wander back here even if I somehow get to the top floors. There's something about this town... It will always remind me of the real world and because of that I doubt I'll ever leave it permanently. However, I shall move on soon I think. I have spent far too long just waiting here doing nothing."

Ravven gives his first real smile to Echo and says, "Although if you're leaving here permanently that will give me at least one more reason to venture further to the top.

"I'm leaving permanently. The longer I stay here, the more my friend is eager to leave." I said to him, as I continue to stare at the skies. Ravven then said that if I left permanently, that would give him another reason to venture further to the higher floors. "I'm glad I could be one of your reasons to go to the higher floors." I smiled, as the sun starts to set. I sat up and see players scurrying to their settlements. "Yeah.. I need to finish things up, and leave once and for all." I said.

"I understand," Ravven said nodding to Echo.

"It's getting dark and I must return to my dwelling. Once again I must thank you for helping me, I will now be able to climb because of your help. Farewell for now, until we meet again." Ravven stands up and shakes Echos hand before heading off back down to the town.

Ravven started to leave, and disappear like the rest of them. I watched as the sun set, and the moon rises. "Will I be strong enough to take you guys out of this hell?" I said to myself. I started to walk back to town, and towards the tower. I walked up the stairs towards the second floor. This was the hunting grounds of the first floor, and now I'll take my hunting else where. I thought to myself as I climb all the way to the second floor.