[PP-F7] Hunting for Materials

Sword Art Online had a pretty generic way of separating they weak from the strong, and that was either through superior weaponry or level, and most of the time, both. For Elyth, who did not have such a high level, it was essential to get some good equipment. That was why she had privately messaged her friend Haine for help getting materials for a crafter to help make her some stronger gear.

Elyth had reasoned that a sword, an iron sword, would be dropped by an iron golem or the sort, which was why she chose the 7th floor, a mountainous range, as a location for hunting for materials.

At the present moment, Elyth stood before the great archway leading to the town of Ridge, the home of the great Monster Arena. She glanced patiently at her surroundings, and took out a map to the well-known «Blackiron Quarries» near the town.

It was said that after one defeated around twenty of the golems inside, a stronger miniboss would appear, and that was what Elyth really wanted to try fighting.

Haine had been sitting down beside a secluded tree, nobody but her in the area. It was so quiet... and so calm. No more freaky hawks and yelling barbarians. It was just her, and she liked it that way. Who knew such an outgoing sprite loved to be by herself at times? People tended to judge too quickly about who one was, and sadly they labeled them too.

The bluenette hugged her knees tightly, pressing them against her chest as she looked up at the bright blue sky, humming the notes to the piano song that she had loved to play all of the time back in the real world... it was called "Existence". The tune was rather emotional, and it made her feel as if she had been lost in her own wonderland, being swept away by the beautiful melody being played. Slowly she'd raise her fingertips and act as if the sky was her own keyboard, closing her eyes as she let out a relaxing sigh. But out of shock she jolted when she was greeted by a rather "PLESANT" beep.

Haine opened her golden eyes to smile softly when she had received a private message. Scrolling through and reading, she'd nod in agreement. This had been quite the challenge, and the teen had always been one for challenges. She never let them pass by, and took advantage of every one that she could handle. "So material hunting it is? Quite a common quest to be asked to accompany with. However this one seems a little risky so it sounds more interesting," Haine would think for a brief moment.

Slowly rising up to her feet, she stretched lightly before replacing her melancholic expression with that of her usual happy-go-lucky and cheerful one. "Let's rock this!" the bluenette grinned before equipping her beloved katana and taking off on her way to see Elyth, one of her acquaintances she had met a long while back. She would meet her at this random place by the bridge, and so she had. The teen sneaked up behind the taller figure and gently raised her finger to tap her shoulder. "Elyth~!"

"Agh!" Elyth shouted as she jumped. She had nearly dropped the map to the caves, and scrambled to keep it in her hands. It seemed that Haine was as good as scaring Elyth as a the walking dead. She grinned as she turned around to see Haine, fully equipped with a katana and a cheerful smile.

"HAINE! I missed you! How've you been?" Elyth cheered joyfully and hugged her friend. "Did you get a boyfriend? Do you want some red bean rice?"

Elyth let go of her friend after many a squeeze, and sat down on the bench provided near the entrance to Ridge. She took out the piece of paper (map) she'd gotten ahold of and showed it to Haine. "This is a map to the ≪Blackiron Quarries≫。It's a dungeon with iron golems and the like. I've been told that the mobs all drop crafting material, but no one really goes there because a mini boss appears after one defeats twenty or so golems. Oh, and they say the mini boss can drop double the normal amount of crafting materials! Isn't that... profitable... no, it's cool as floor 4 in winter!"

Elyth's eyes were glittering, and she grabbed Haine's hands in excitement. "Let's go, Haine! We're going to defeat that mini boss! And I also want to draw a picture of it, so, uhm, yeah!"

The bluenette smiled ever so softly as she had seen her excited friend hug her tightly and ask her many questions, inquiring about her life. Even being a front liner and all that, her times here in Aincrad weren't so eventful and interesting. She just went wherever the wind swept her. "I've missed you too Elyth, it has been quite a while hasn't it? You've grown so tall! I have been fairing well, and actually nope! I just bash all the beloved Ruri Yudai fanboys," she'd nod while gently hugging Elyth back, before mentally frowning as she counted all the creepy stalkers that her little sister had to put up with on a daily basis.

Haine let out a now relaxed sigh upon being released from a killer embrace. Closely she'd listen to the quest details and such, her eyes now sparkling as well when she had heard the key word: "Mini Boss". That had only meant a great challenge that would put her battle tactics to full score action. Haine quickly opened her character UCP up and scrolled through, nodding as she had found a good amount of health potions there. All set to go! "Okieedokiee! Let's do this twinpai! And I've got some backup health thingies," the bluenette grinned as she spinned around once with a childish pep in her attitude.

"Right then! Let's go hunt for the miniboss, Haine!" Elyth shouted, taking Haine by the hand and walking to the northwest exit/entrance of Ridge, where there was a trail leading to the ≪Blackiron Quarries≫. It was a fairly safe route, and the path was wide enough for all sorts of carts. That was why many NPC merchants ferried their goods to Ridge this way.

Pardon me, godmodding a bit.

Elyth and Haine reached the northwest path quickly, passing by the Monster Arena and a variety of shops and carts, and from there, Elyth lead Haine towards a mountain in the distance, where they then saw a sign saying, "Blackiron Quarries." The sign pointed to a few holes in the mountain, and the earth beneath Elyth and Haine shook with a resounding 'thud' every few minutes.

"Haine, we're here! The golems are just inside these caves," Elyth cheered, a bit tired from walking for such a long time.

This is the picture I found for the golems:

Iron-Golem.jpg

This is the picture for the Mini-boss Golem:

Iron_Golem.png

And this is the special thing I'm going to pull because if I don't it won't be fun for Haine:

89874af9f29d24c43c004ad0f4d9dcb6.jpg