[CLOSED] Fury's Forge

So yeah, I'm closing this thread because it's been so long. I've also got some plans to make things look cleaner/make things easier.

-

Zak used the key to unlock the dusty old store, unimpressed by its current conditions, but enjoying the fact that he'd have a legitimate place to forge and sell his merchandise. There were display cases coated in at least a few layers of dust and the floor could clearly use some attention to, but the walls seemed to be in better shape. They had empty racks and display stands for weapons of all varieties, plus some mannequins for showing off armor. All around, he couldn't have asked for anything better. After he spent some time preparing the forge, gathering equipment out of the back, and totally cleaning up the store; he was more than ready to begin his journey in smithing. Though, of course, he made sure to turn the sign so that it faced open. He didn't particularly enjoy the thought of having to deal with customers, but there was no better way to improve than practice.

Weapons Available for Purchase
«[n/a]»

Armor Available for Purchase
«[n/a]»

Custom Order Form
Name:
Type of Item:
Desired Effect:

Custom Price Rates: (no materials required, easy way to obtain weapons with spare Col)
» Good Quality: 500 Col
» Uncommon Quality: 750 Col
» Rare Quality: 1000 Col
» Perfect Quality: 1250 Col

Custom Trade Rates: (no Col required, easy way to get early weapons)
» Good Quality: x1 Material
» Uncommon Quality: x2 Material
» Rare Quality: x3 Material
» Perfect Quality: x5 Material

Crafting Information
Exp: 87/160
Crafting: 5

» 1 (Epic Fail) - 1 Experience; Lose materials if crafting.
» 2-4 (Fail) - 1 Experience; Lose materials if crafting.
» 5-7 (Bad) - 1 Experience; 50% chance to salvage materials in repeat quest.
» 8-9 (Good) 2 Experience.
» 10 (Uncommon) - 3 Experience; requires GM approval for enhancements.
» 11 (Rare) - 5 Experience; requires GM approval for enhancements.
» 12 (Perfect) - 8 Experience; requires GM approval for enhancements.

Zak took a deep breath, knowing that this was probably going to be a bit more difficult than he imagined. He was completely inexperienced and didn't have anyone to show him the ropes, but figured a few failed attempt could teach him a thing or two. After all, materials were a renewable item and if he ever ran out, he could always make a trip for some more. Grabbing tongs to place the raw material in the forge, waited until it was ready, then quickly removed it and placed the superheated material on the anvil. Pulling his arm up, he slammed down his craftsman hammer on the material, slowly shaping it, "Here goes nothing."

Much to his expectations and dismay, the item was of a lesser quality than even starter gear (common) equipment. It was nothing short of garbage and, as such, the material shattered during the making. Disappointed that he didn't have instantaneous luck, yet pleased to have some materials still in supply, he began to get ready to have another go. He wasn't about to give up that easy.

Craft Information

Die Roll: 3 (Fail)

Craft Number: #1

Daily Craft: 1 of 2 [8/1]

Gained Exp: +1

Total Exp: 1/20

Materials: -1

Knowing that his first attempt was nothing short of a bust, he knew that there was no way he could do any worse. So at least there was that bit of a motivational thought. He took a second piece of raw material from his bin and placed it into the pre-heated forge, waited until it was ready, then placed the raw product on the anvil. Taking more care this time, he carefully struck the material, hoping that lighter strikes and more precision would overcome the previous method, "Come on, form yourself..."

Zak watched as the material took it shape into what he had envisioned, forming a beautiful looking sword that was obviously a higher quality then his current one. His heart racing in delight, he jumped up from his seat and began yelling out in joy, "HELL YEAH! NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING 'BOUT!" A few fistpumps and words of self-appreciation later, he would finally pick up the sword. His sword.

Item: Scimitar (Curved Sword)

Quality: Rare

Name: Fury's Retribution

Shop: Fury's Forge

Description: This blade represents the judgement of one's sins, thus bringing about the punishment that they deserve. Finely crafted and with a gleaming handle, it shows no mercy on those that it strikes down. This scimitar measures out to be 39" in total length (10" hilt; 29" blade).

Effect: +2 Damage

Craft Information

Die Roll: 11 (Rare)

Craft Number: #2

Daily Craft: 2 of 2 [8/1]

Gained Exp: +5

Total Exp: 6/20

A new day had come and Zak was more than excited to return to his Profession, especially considering the luck he had yesterday, his first day on the job. There was nothing more thrilling than thinking that he could replicate such a high quality weapon once again, but he was certainly going to try. Heating up the forge for the day, he pulled out his tongs and other equipment, then placed in the first material. Removing it when ready, then getting to work on shaping the item, he hoped for nothing short of a Perfect item.

Sure, it might have been a dream to believe in such a foolish dream, but he was nothing short of outrageously ecstatic to discover what he had just created, "AH, SHEEEEITTTTT! THANK YOU, LADY LUCK!" He lowered his pumped up fist from the sky and leaned back in the chair, staring gratified at his invention. If only this could be something that happened every time... maybe that was even more of a dream than actually crafting a Perfect item.

Item: Shield

Name: Fury's Salvation

Description: This shield represents the salvation from one's sins, thus bringing about the sanctuary that they deserve. Finely crafted, this shield glows with the colors of the forge from which it came.

Effect: Negates 2 damage next turn when the wearer rolls an unmodified battle dice of 8,9 or 10.

Craft Information

Die Roll: 11

Craft Number: #3

Daily Craft: 1 of 2 [8/2]

Total Exp: 11/20

The player couldn't bear to hold back from attempting another piece of art before the day was up, he took the well crafted shield and placed it in his inventory. It wasn't much of a shop yet, considering he was keeping all the merchandise to himself, but he could most definitely benefit from the high quality equipment, especially at his current level. He rushed back, not wanting the forge to cool down before he could start heating up the second material. He had plenty of time to spare, but didn't want to risk the thought of failing after his current string of luck. Removing the material from the forge, then placing it on the anvil, he took his time crafting it, "Come on, three's gotta be a lucky number or something..."

Craft Information

Die Roll: 7 (Bad)

Craft Number: #4

Daily Craft: 2 of 2 [8/2]

Total Exp: 12/20

As the item took shape, he was disappointed to find it was a horribly rough weapon. The edges were clunky and the edge that was meant to be sharp couldn't cut through his skin easily, "This simply won't do. I can't sell crap like this in my store. I wouldn't even use this if someone paid me." He ran to the back to grab some of his tools to dismantle the sword before it was irreversible, "I ought to be able to recycle the materials, just toss it back in the forge later and it'll be reformable." Fetching his chisel and a secondary hammer not used for the crafting process, he began stripping apart the weapon.

"Aha!" The material used to make the weapon was successfully extracted, meaning he still had 2 left to use before he would run out of materials to use in the shop, "Better make good use of this.." They were more valuable and easily expended than Zak could have imagined, considering he'd have to go fight those accursed wolves again.

+1 Material (scavenged)

A new day had fallen and he had materials ready to be forged so he busted out his tools to begin the process, starting with heating up the forge. With the luck that he's had over these past few days at achieving rare quality items, there seemed to be nothing in his way to acquiring that perfect item that he couldn't wait to create. It thrilled him to know that even such an amazing quality was in his grasps, considering he had only just obtained his shop and started his Blacksmith career. Excited, he placed the material into the forged, pulled it out, and began shaping the craft.

Craft Information

Die Roll: 7 (bad)

Craft Number: #5

Daily Craft: 1 of 2 [8/3]

Total Exp: 13/20

Unfortunately, the weapon that he had constructed was just as low as a quality as his sword from the previous day. The rough edges and blunt details showed that not enough effort was put into crafting the weapon, but it could still certainly be savaged. Any material was good material, after all. Gathering the equipment used to disassemble the craft, he would deconstruct it until he obtained the wasted material or it shattered completely. After some hard work, Zak would find that his hard work would reward him with the perfectly scavenged material.

+1 Material (Scavenged)

Cracking his knuckles, he decided to give it another go before the forged cooled down, "Well, can't get much worse than that." He took the salvaged material from the previously failed craft and placed it in the forge, waited for it to heat up properly, then removed it. Once it was on the anvil, he began hammering away until it started to form its shape.

As the material started forming, Zak stood up in absolute shock, dropping his crafting hammer on the ground, "Holy crap, it actually happened. NO WAY... NO WAY!" He lifted up the item he had forged, staring at it intensely in its dark beauty, "It's marvelous... and it's mine..."

Item: Blacksmith Hammer

Quality: Perfect

Name: Fury's Advocate

Description: This Blacksmith's Hammer was born within the furious flames of the Fury's Forge, bringing about a variant of crafting tool desired by all known craftsmen; a blessing.

Effect: +1 Crafting Dice

Craft Information

Die Roll: 12 (Perfect)

Craft Number: #6

Daily Craft: 2/2 [8/3]

Gained Exp: +8

Total Exp: 21/40 (R2)

He was more excited than ever to get to smithing today, considering he had his beautiful blacksmith hammer to use this time around. Like usual, he gathered the items he needed after preheating the forge, tossed in the material, pulled it from the fiery insides, then placed it on the anvil with care. Raising his new hammer in anticipation, he began constructing and shaping his new craft, "Come on, baby. We can do it..."

As the item began taking shape, he would find success in today's results. It had a rare quality to it, not quite a perfect, but still good enough for his liking, "Aha, there we go! Perhaps this tells of a good fortune for today's creations." Sure, it was large as hell, but he was able to hang it on the wall since it didn't fit very well in any of the display cases.

Item: 2H Battle Axe

Name: Fury's Rage

Description: This blade represents the incarnation of fury's rage, massive in size and brutal in its power. Finely crafted and with a furious red string at the end, it longs to unleash its rage on those that it stand in its way.

Effect: +1 Damage; +1 Lifesteal (when rolling a 9 or 10)

Craft Information

Die Roll: 11 (Roll of 10 + 1CD from Fury's Advocate)

Craft Number: #7

Daily Craft: 1 of 3 [8/4]

Total Exp: 26/40

Name: Echo

Type of Item: Heavy One-Handed Sword

Desired Effect: +2 DMG, +1 BD

I walked into the Fury's Forge, and knocked on the counter. I wrote down on the request form, and placed it down on the counter. I think I just leave this here, and jam. I thought, as I walk out the door. "Good luck with your job!" I said before leaving the blacksmith shop. Before I left, I placed five materials down for the blacksmith as payment. On the note, Sorry, for being rude. Here's five extra materials for you to use.

Zak was simply taking in the glorious view of the axe when someone came waltzing in like they were king of the land, ignoring him and placing an item order on the counter, before heading back out. Without waiting for Zak to respond, he simply bid good luck and went out the door. Sighing, he went back to the counter and grabbed the note, "Damn, could have at least shown a bit of respect. Better get started while the forge is still hot." Tossing in another material, he waited until it had reached optimal temperature and pulled it out. Once it was on the anvil, he would go to town until the craft came out just like he wanted.

Unfortunately, it didn't seem to be coming out the way Zak wanted. It was a lower quality than the customer wanted, albeit still being a rare quality weapon, but at the very least, he could still place it in the display cases to attract customers. Not to mention, if the next time the guy came in and still showed a lack of respect, Zak could easily just point him towards this sword. As such, he stood up and carried over to one of the display cases before heading back to have another go.

Item: 1H Straight Sword

Name: Fury's Strike

Description: This blade represents the striking power of fury, providing the benefit of not only more strength, but more accuracy as well.

Effect: +1 Damage; +1 Battle Dice

Craft Information

Die Roll: 11 (Roll of 10 + 1CD from Fury's Advocate)

Craft Number: #8

Daily Craft: 2 of 3 [8/4]

Total Exp: 26/40

Zak picked another one of the materials, but noticed he was beginning to run short on materials. Excluding the one in the grip of his tongs, there were only five that remained, "I guess I'll have to go hunting for some materials today, especially if I'm starting to get customers now." Granted, a single customer didn't foretell the appearance of many, but it was where all shops started. Tossing a material into the forge, removing it when heated and placing it on the anvil, he began his second attempt at creating the sword fit to order.

Unfortunately, as he continued hammering away, the item shattered. He wanted to blame it on the customer putting him in an unpleasant mood, but knew it was his own fault. "Oh well, might as well try again tomorrow." Putting the rest of his stuff up, he'd give it another attempt later on.

Craft Information

Die Roll: 4 (Roll of 3 + 1CD from Fury's Advocate)

Craft Number: #9

Daily Craft: 3 of 3 [8/4]

Total Exp: 32/40

"Another day, another doll- err... Guess that wording needs a bit of a change now." Doing the usual protocol, Zak began heating up the forge, gathering his equipment, and placed the material in to heat. He removed it, placed it on the anvil, and began to shape the craft. "Perhaps today, I'll be able to fulfill the order."

And fulfill it, he would. As the sword began to take shape, he stood and did a few silly things that he wouldn't feel comfortable with telling people. Regardless, she was a beaut and Zak knew that the customer would appreciate it, if he happened to find what happened to his respect, "Ah, man. If only they came out like this every time."

Name: Fury's Echo

Description: This blade represents the cries of fury. If one listens closely, it is said that they will hear the final prayers, words, and pain of those that have fallen to this blade. It's not advised to do so as it may drive one insane.

Effect: +2 Damage; +1 Battle Dice

Craft Information

Die Roll: 12 (Roll of 11 + 1CD from Fury's Advocate)

Craft Number: #10

Daily Craft: 1 of 4 [8/5]

Total Exp: 40/80

A small blinking icon would appear on Zak's HUD. Upon tapping it, he would find an order form for a custom weapon, sent by Kalthios.

Name: Wayward Avenger

Type of Item: 1H Straight Sword

Desired Effect: +1 DAM, +1 BR

Additional Notes: I want black to be the main color, green on the edges and down the center. Beyond that, have fun designing it. I can't wait.

A message popped up on his screen before he could begin working on his next craft, "Oh, a message from Kalthios. He must have finally decided on that custom order." He tapped on the icon in his menu to open his inbox, reviewing the message, "Ah, seems easy, might as well get started on it now." Since the material was already in the forge, he waited until it was ready to be pulled, then began working on constructing his next craft, "Come on, gimme something good."

"Bleh," he muttered as the material shattered beneath his hammer. It wasn't the first time and it certainly wasn't the last, but at least he had material reserved for these cases, "Better toss another in."

Craft Information

Die Roll: 4 (Roll of 3 + 1CD from Fury's Advocate)

Craft Number: #11

Daily Craft: 2 of 4 [8/5]

Total Exp: 41/80

Pulling another material from the bin, he placed it in the oven and relaxed for a bit while it heated the material, "Man, this place is so empty." The walls were bare, with the exception of the giant axe that stuck out like a sore thumb, "I'm going to have to make some more weapons and armor for the shop itself, looks so gloomy in here. Maybe that's why there's a lack of customers." Granted, his shop had only just opened so that wasn't the reason, but he shrugged it off. Once the material was ready, he pulled it and began working on his second attempt.

The sword came to life, one of a higher quality than Zak was actually going for, "THERE WE GO!" He held it up checking out all the details of the new sword, "Kalthios is going to fall head over heels when I show him this bad boy. If he gets into any more trouble now, I'll know it's his fault and not his equipment."

Name: Wayward Avenger

Description: This sword is for those that seek vengeance; not on those that have done wrong, but for those that have died. The wielder of this sword shall seek victory and truth, exacting revenge on evils that should never have happened in the first place. The blade itself is a midnight black, trimmed with green along the curve and down the middle; you wouldn't want to be on the other end of this one.

Effect: +2 Damage; +1 Battle Dice

Craft Information

Die Roll: 12 (Roll of 11 + 1CD from Fury's Advocate)

Craft Number: #12

Daily Craft: 3 of 4 [8/5]

Total Exp: 49/80

The forge still hot, Zak took the sword he had just crafted and placed it in one of the storage bins behind the counter. He'd keep it there until the next time Kalthios showed up in the shop, but until then, he still had work to do. Taking another material and tossing it in, he had just enough time to heat up the material before the forge began cooling down. Placing it on the anvil as usual, Zak spun the hammer around his finger and began going to work, keeping in mind the luck he's had so far.

Craft Information

Die Roll: 5 (Roll of 4 + 1CD from Fury's Advocate)

Craft Number: #13

Daily Craft: 4 of 4 [8/5]

Total Exp: 50/80

The craft didn't come out quite like Zak envisioned, considering it was very rough around the edges and poor in quality, "I can't sell something like this to a customer..." He knew that he was a bit too impatient and didn't allow the material to heat up enough since it was a race against the clock, but he could still salvage the material if he was careful. Much to his satisfaction, after some careful tinkering, he was able to salvage the material. He tossed it in the storage bin and would have another go at it tomorrow, considering he was running low on materials.

+1 Material salvaged

Yesterday was a pretty good day considering that he was easily able to complete the customer's order, but today was a new day. With no custom orders in place, Zak figured that he ought to do some work on expanding the store's available merchandise. Firing up the forge, gathering his equipment, and preparing the area; he would toss the material in, pull it back out, then begin crafting what he hoped was a perfect craft.

Item: 1H Curved Sword

Quality: Uncommon

Name: Hushed Sword

Description: This scimitar has a rather unique curve to it, which causes the sword to give off a faint, hushed sound as it slices through the air.

Effect: +1 Damage;

Craft Information

Die Roll: 10 (Roll of 9 + 1CD from Fury's Advocate)

Craft Number: #14

Daily Craft: 1 of 4 [8/6]

Gained Exp: +3

Total Exp: 53/80