[PP-F2] << Earning a Living >> [Ornstein]

Kasumi walks out into the floor, it was midday the sun was high. The games environment bordered on reality as birds traveled overhead and the wind blew. Carrying the scents and pedals of the flowers around her, Kasumi was at peace here compared the hustle and bustle of the starting city. Following the allotted path to the starting destination, the orange haired beauty finds a small collection of huts on this floor. Large stone pillars are erected around the small village, after a moment Kasumi realizes the whole village is made of stone.

The town seems to have a bit of players walking about, who stop and stare at Kasumi, as she nervously walks through the town at the NPC labeled on her HUD as «Artisan Trainer». "Hi there <>" it says looking down at her "Would you like to become an Artisan?" Kasumi nods. "Well then, you will have to collect a few gems on this floor, you can obtain them from monsters you slay", before the NPC continues she shakes her head and yells out "NO, what else can I do?". Path-finding the next words to say, a bit hesitant "Oh well then, you will need to find a rare gem somewhere on the floor, you will need to detect it, Good luck <>."

As I was walking on floor one, I look over at a young lady who was takling to a NPC, as I walk to her I see she had a distressed look on her face, I tilted my head and tapped her on the shoulder, "Miss is something wrong." I say, as my voice was softer but still very adult like and deep, as my red hair was dancing in my dark brown eyes, my cross spear hung over the metal sheathe on my waist, as I waited for her responce I had a feeling of protecting going to her, it was strange.

"He said ill have to kill something, and I don't want to do that!" Kasumi exclaimed her discomfort was visible. She stood in front of the man clad in her traditional white attire, lined with red and light enough to move in. Looking at Ornstein she pleaded "Will you help me, I'm sure we can some way around hurting these creatures, If i use my hands it should just incapacitate them right?" She said with tears in her eyes, her naivety visible to him.

As I see her eyes hey were full of youth and ignorance, as I shook my head, "No, you may see them as creatures that you wish not to hurt, but there only programs." "There not real, and as such they may mimic the real thing, but they truly can't be the real thing." I say to her as my eyes were full of wisdoms and years of truth, i frowned as I looked down at her, "Look you may not wish to fight them, but I have no choice, I don't want to die, and I won't let anyone else die either, we can try to avoid battle, but if all else fails, we may have to fight."

I say as i smiled, "Look, this is the only way to do this, your going to have to fight sooner or later, trust me when I was your age I thought the same thing." "But you need to understand, things don't always go as planned, and thinking like that is one way of getting hurt, I know I was hurt very badly thinking that way." i said as i grabbed my left leg, the one with the bullet wound in it, as I look at her I place my hand on her head, "Trust me, I can always jump in a get you out of danger if you need a hero." I smirked as I was putting on my charmer face and act, this was a habit I never quite got over with, but I didn't care, I was who I was and I wouldn't ever change.

As I look up I see that the sun was mid day, as I thought for a bit I turned to the caverns on the floor, as I had an idea, "Mayb you can mine them from the caverns, but you may not be able to, mining is really only meant for Blacksmiths, but we could try it." "Then again, it seems really inlogical for that to be done, you may need to kill for the gems, or I could kill them, I have no problem taking these pixeled NPC monsters." i said as I leaned against the building my Cross Spear clanking in the metal sheathe, as I bush back my red hair and look at thie young lady, "By the way, I'm Ornstein, you can call me Stein for short, whats yours miss?" I asked her as I was curious about her.

With a bit of a load off of her shoulders, Kasumi listens intently for Ornstein to finish. "By the way, I'm Ornstein, you can call me Stein for short, whats yours miss?" is said her, as her eyes start to dry up "oh, um Hi Ornstein" then she becomes her cheerful self with the second set of words "I am Momoka, Kasumi of the Mugen Tenshin clan. But you can call me Kasumi." Her eyes ablaze with determination she heads out into the floor, eager to find an alternative to injuring the creatures. Suddenly it dawns on her "What if I use my hands! That's it ill just use my hands, I couldn't possibly hurt them then!" she shouts naively, her mindset deadlocked as she runs out into the field to test her method.

• 2 weeks later...

As I smile, "Glad to make your aquantance Momoka, I'm glad your better now." He says as he saw her aura around her change and become more chipper, as they walk into the fields he heard Momoka speak about the animals again, as he sighs again. "Momoka, please, not this again, you can't avoid hurting these monsters, you have to learn how to fight to survive, trust me my family knows about that all too well, and no you can't use you hands." "Theres only one way to do that and that is taking the misson on floor 2 to be able to use the <> extra skill." "Which I should get just to be sure, trust me I wil protect you from them, trust me I am a strong Leo, I won't let anyone in my party get hurt."

I says as we walk around, I see a boar in the way, as I sigh and look at Momoka, "Momoka, please step back I will handle this one." I say as I draw out my cross spear and hold it with one hand, and run at the boar ready to kil it.

Edit: As I thrust my spear orward he boar dashes to the right and I miss my attack and its eyes turn red and lock on me, as I turn to Momoka, "This is what happens all the time, ou can't avoid a battle with monsters, even if they seem passive, they will not hesiae to attack." I say as I look at the Boar and prepare for the attack.

Ornstein: 15/15 HP

Momoka: 13/13 HP

<>

[Rolled a 2] Miss

[boar takes 0 point of damage]

[+2 from weapon skill level: One-handed Assualt Spear Lvl. 2]

[Total Damage: 0]

[1] Epic Fail: Miss and all actions fail.

[2-5] Miss: Enemy takes no damage

[6-8] Successful hit: Enemy takes one point of damage

[9] Critical: Enemy takes two points of damage

[10] Hyper critical: Enemy takes three points of damage

<> (xFloor Lvl. 2)

Boar: 5/5 HP

Little did Ornstein know, little Kasumi has already crushed the boulder on floor 2 with her bare hands. Winding up her fist, the little orange haired blossom's fist shined with her dedication to not use a weapon. The boar shifts back, causing Kasumi to miss before nudging her for a bit of damage. Jumping back to avoid further damage, Kasumi Begins to wind another one.

Ornstein: 15/15 HP

Momoka: 12/13 HP

Boar: 5/5 HP (OOC: The HP can be 2 times floor level in HP: 2/2 but ill leave it like it is for this enemy)

As I see Momoka use the <> extra skill I see why she wanted to use her fists, "Well then... that solves the first problem." "Now my turn." I say as I dash at the boar, driving my Cross Spear down and aiming at the pigs head, my red hair fluttering in my face as i had a grin on my face.

Edit: As i charge at the boar, I see it jump back and then rush at me, as I tried t back away, it jumped and struck me in the chest with its tusk, as I fall on my back near Momoka, as I now had a pissed look on my face. "Okay you little Stich, I'm going to kill you and make a pair of boots out of you now, RAAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!" I yells as my aggressive side of my Leo personality appears and I point my spear at the boar and look at Momoka, "Kill it, knock it down, I don't care just make it pay." I say with anger in my voice.

Ornstein: 14/15 HP

<>

[Rolled a 1] Miss (Boar causes one point of Damage)

[boar takes 0 point of damage]

[Total Damage: 0]

<> (xFloor Lvl. 2)

Boar: 5/5 HP

(OOC- My bad forgot to alter info I put, wont happen again.)

Kasumi flips around after missing her first blow, her left heel glows pink. A quick spinning sweep as her heel rises, Kasumi shows finesse as the boar is nailed in the back legs and sent flying with a crack of sound and a key up "Hyah!" her rising into a standing position before shifting back to her neutral stance; her left hand near her face, her right at her side both arms open, and her legs shoulder width apart her left leg the one in front at a 45 degree angle pointing at the boar. Her stance was meditated, and came as instinct.

Boar: 2/5 HP

Ornstein: 14/15 HP +2 Dmg

Momoka: 13/13 HP +2 Dmg, +2 Acc

As I see her land a successful hit on the boar I thought I reconized her stance, "Thats Muoy Thai right?" "Powerful Martial art technique." I say as I look at the boar and still had a pissed look on my face as I charged at the boar and drove my Cross Spear down and aimed it at the boars head again.

Edit: As I stab the boar in the head, I pick it up with my weapon and fling it into the distance, "Oh lookie flying bacon Whee!!!" "Hahaha, I's too funny." I laugh at my joke as I look at the icon appear saying I obtained a item/mat, as I smile, "Well I did say I would make it into a pait of boots, this will be fine for now." I say as I place the Mat in my inventory and look at Momoka, who was looking quite winded. "Nice work there Momoka, I like your fighting style." I say as I look at her, "Wanna take a break now or later?" I say to her as I was trying to seduce Momoka out of working for abit.

(OOC-Obtained one mat (Boar Pelt) from kill Loot Die 12)

(+1 to LD roll from skill)

(Total: 13 on LD roll)

Ornstein: 14/15 HP

<>

[Rolled a 6]

[boar takes 1 point of damage]

[Total Damage: 3]

<> (xFloor Lvl. 2)

Boar: -1/5 HP (Over Kill)

• 2 weeks later...

Little Kasumi corrects Ornstein "its not Muoy Thai, its Mugen Tenshin a variation of Tenjin Mon created by the Mugen Tenshin family."Kasumi says out of respect for her heritage. Kasumi listens to Ornstein, moving to a nearby log, she pulls out a container of tarts Yokuchi prepared for her. Taking a bite of of the strawberry pastry Kasumi lets a bit of her origin slip with "Oishii!" before looking at Ornstein and saying "by the way, Momoka is my last name, you can call me Kasumi" trying to hand him one.

As I see her hand me a pastery I put my hand up, "No thanks, I don't prefer sweets, but thank you anyway." I say as I loean back and look up at the sky, the wind was nice an let myself slide down and I lean against the log. "Yhis feels nice, really should do this more often, so Kasumi, you can call me Nikolaus, Ornstein is my last name. I say as I close my eyes and just enjoy the wind, "Well I got to know, you were part of a powerful family I'm guessing, you really went and chopped my head off when I mistook your fighting style with Muoy Thai." I says to her as I open my eyes and look at her with my seemly looking red eyes, as my once brown eyes were now lighter and almost blood color.

Little Kasumi takes the treat she tried to hand to Nikolaus and scarfs it down, "oishii" the word she lets slip again. Looking up at Nikolaus, she begins to apologize "I didn't mean to be so aggressive, Its my families style. Mugen Tenshin was developed over several generations, and due to my fathers death I'm next in line to inherent the Mugen Tenshin household and teach the style in the family dojo." as her look shifts upwards at the false sky. Closing up the box of treats, it un-materializes as Kasumi dusts off the butt of her gee as she stands.

I hear her say thie and it reminds me of my family, "Sound alot like my family, my father is the CEO for the Heym corporation," "Heym was founded in Suhl, Germany by Friedrich Wilhelm Heym in July 1865, and is a weapons development company, dealing with firearms and ammunition, my dad was going to give me the company when I turned 21, but I kinda ditched him and left for Tokyo." "He said to me after I refused that it would then go to my baby sister, I told him go ahead, as long as she is happy and agrees I wouldn't care, but it seems evern she disobeyed him and follwed me here."

I say to her as I sit up and look over to her, and I stretch my legs and arms, my red cross spear in the metal sheathe clanking around as I moved. As I stop and look at her, "Well off we go then, I really hope we can finish this with little effort, I would like to pick your brain some more later." I say to her as I walk up to her and look down, "I really owuld like to hear more about your families history and culture, as wll as traditions and rituals." "Japana is soo full of many different interesting things." I say as my German mixed Russian accent started to come out abit, as he turned around, "So... were off to now missy?" I say to her as waited for her reponse.

Kasumi starts the leisure walk outward to find the gem she seeks. Looking back over her right shoulder Kasumi talks to Ornstein "Yeah, I would like that." walking around with her novice detection skill on. Unknowingly another creature manifests to stop the party from finding what they seek. Kasumi doesn't let the creature do perform anything, as a reflex Kasumi whips around and shoves her hand through the large hornet. It pops under the blow, as Kasumi begins to bawl at destroying it so violently.

Hornet: 0/5 (LD: 2)

Ornstein: 14/15 HP +2 Dmg

Momoka: 13/13 HP +2 Dmg, +2 Acc

As I look at her i chuckle, "For someone who dosen't like to harm animals, you sure are violent." I say to her as I looked around and tried to find out how to get these blasted gems. "Tell me again, how do we get these gems again, what enemy do we have to kill to get them?" I say to her as I stop and turn towards her and gave a relaxed and quite bored facial expression.

OOC: we can find the gem on a LD 15+, via new loot system non combat gathering section

Kasumi continues to blubber over instinctively punching her hand though the hornet that tried to catch her by surprise. Hearing Ornstein through her own whining she replies to him "It will probably be in a rock f-face, we have to keep our eyes peeled." Kasumi stands up and wipes her face with her wrists before looking out at the environment. Seeing a glimmer way of in the distance Kasumi proceeds toward it, not sure if its the gem she was seeking.

As I sighed as she was quite a alittle bit of slacker I didn't mind it, as I looked ahead I saw a little glimmering object in the distance. "Haha, shinny shinny!!" i yell as I rushed at the area and I walked to a cliff side, as I saw it, the areas that were glowing they were sparkly and glimmery. "Yoink!" I yelled as I flipped out my cross spear and I attempted to help Momo out, as I drove it into the rocks face and watched to see what happened.

As I slammed my Spear into the wall, I was thrown back as my spear was forced out of my hand and I looked around, "Were the heck did it go....?!?" I said as my spear landed between my legs and I paused for abit before realizing what had happened. "AAAAAIIIIYAAAAA!!!" I yelled as I jumped back and took a deep breathe as I didn't expect that to happen, and I slowly walked back to my spear and picked it up and sheathed it. As i turned to Momo once again, "Remind me not to do that again." i said to her as i looked at the rocks face once more.

[Rolled a 11: Failed]

[1-14: Failed Attempt, Found Nothing]

[15+: Successful Attempt Found single Gem]