Rennat's Question Thread

I figure that I'm going to get confused a lot, because the information on each system is scattered throughout the board, some in the Tutorial, some in Announcements, some in the Rules, etc. So... I'll just try to sort things out here and hope that someone can help me.

Every new character starts with 2 skill points, correct? Yet, it is optional whether or not you use them. I had no idea what to do so I jut ignored them completely. Now that I (kind of) have an idea on how skill allocation works, do I just edit my journal to reflect my choices. Also, in order to use a weapon, wouldn't I need to allocate both my beginning points in order to achieve the first rank (Unskilled)? And... do I just edit the post saying I have a weapon now. I've seen others start off with equipment they've obviously made up, as well as different types of food, and I haven't seen any guideline about what we are allowed to start off with equipment/item-wise.

Also, I hope I don't seem overly pretentious, but I think that many of the rules on this board have appeared gradually, which would perfectly explain why not everything is located in the Tutorial area like I imagine it would be. I suggest a massive thread or collection of threads that culminates all the information so far, including the new developments found in the Announcements board. I've had to gather bits and pieces from all the over place and I'm still never sure if I've got everything straight.

When a person starts their roleplay, are they intended to go to the Town of Beginnings, which is currently a single thread with about a million random replies that no one will ever see... Or, can I just start my own thread?

1st Answer: Yes new characters start out with 2 skill points, there is a tutorial section about the skills if you haven't read through it (It's about equipment too). Here it is ---> viewtopic.php?f=20&p=53233#p53233

(Not sure what number...)

2/3rd answer: Its optional weather you want to start on the first floor or not, You don't need to post on the town of beginnings (I didn't, anyway) Yes, you may start your own thread weather OP (Open Party) or SP (Solo Party).

There is also a message board if you click on another player's cursor/username you can see "Send this player a PM" You would click that and type for the title, and type for the message it's quite easy however you can also use skype. The board has had a Cbox before too. Here is more info about why we're missing the local chat: http://www.sao-rpg.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1708#p21629

Thanks future PST member Ruri! We'll use the switch system and beat these questions into submission! Let's see if I can help clear things up.

All players start out with 2 <> to use however they like whether they want to immediately level a skill up or not. You can save them as long as you want. You gain 1 point for every completed thread (so keep good track of your active threads (see my journal for example)). Some quests offer additional skill points upon being completed for example two currently active quests offer 3 points as a reward.

You can use a weapon with rank 0 but it wont do extra DMG. One you level up then you gain a modifier to your DMG output. As an example, I am rank 4 in katana so my base DMG (not counting my sword) is 5 (1 + rank).

You can RP on any floor you want from the start gate and have as many threads as you want running. You could open a thread taking place on day one and another one that is where we are currently. I for one did a couple threads revolving around the first week then over time made it sound like I was on the same timeline (floor 7 at the time). You can do whatever you want and move freely between floors. Just remember that if you go into combat and want to gain Col or mats from it then you need to have the monster HP at <<2 x floor + 3>> or higher.

Skype is the fastest way to get instant response from players and sometimes GMs at this time. We used to have a chat box but had to remove it around the end of March because of the webhost if I recall. Keep up the questions!

Okie dokie! Another questions has risen! In dealing with combat, do you use the battle die of the person before you, or do you post your attack and then edit whether it was effective or not once you've seen the die (which, so far I've only seen shows up AFTER you would have said you were going to attack, in the post, requiring that you edit it)