[SP-F1] Kat's Training (Storyline) [Complete!]

If she knew that there was going to be any way to survive here, she would have to learn how the game works and begin training so that she could be stronger. She understood the basics of attacking, dodging, health, and some weird bonus called "crit." Unfortunately, that's all she really knew about here in this expansive world. There was so much for her to learn and it excited her, even if she was being held captive from returning home. All she had ever wanted to do in life was to go out and explore, she finally had what she wanted, but it came with a price. She began heading out, to the area on her map covered in plains, where the low level monsters were supposed to be, "Tally ho!"

Upon making it to the clearing, she was surprised to see everything looked so... realistic. The grass, the trees, the sky; they all looked like they were ripped out and placed directly inside the game. It was unbelievable. However, there was one thing that stuck out most and that was the GIANT FREAKING PIGS, "WHAT IS THAT THING!?" One of the nearby boars had heard her ridiculous reaction to something that was so common in the virtual reality video game industry, but this was a first time for her and she nearly forgot she was in a game. The lone monster started dashing towards her and in a frenzy, she started debating whether to run or fight, but she was too late for the former. With a heavy swing, she lifted her axe above her head and slammed it down in front of her, hoping to strike the pig down hard.

Success! 3 Damage!

» Boar Slain!

Party

» Kat [5/5]

Enemies

» Boar [0/2] (No loot!)

The axe split the boar in two, creating a mist of shards that flew past Kat, her eyes wide open. She stumbled back, blown out of her mind that not only did she survive, but slayed the beast as well, "I did it...?" After a moment, she would stand back up and brush the dust off her skirt, "I did it." She walked up to her axe and removed it from where it stuck in the ground, "I did it! Aha, I can't believe it, that was crazy!" Lugging it onto her shoulder, she frolicked through the field until she got near the next boar, "You're next, piggy!"

Success! 2 Damage!

» Boar Slain!

Party

» Kat [5/5]

Enemies

» Boar [0/2] (x1 Pig Hide!)

She raised the axe and proceeded to cut the massive pig in half, sending the cascading shards outwards in a burst, "This is like... wayyy too easy! I thought this was supposed to be difficult or something?" Up ahead was a pair of wolves, which weren't quite as big as boars, but were the same level, "Maybe the pigs aren't able to hit you or something, let's try it out on something different." She ran forwards towards the two wolves, poised to kill.

Success! 2 Damage!

» 1 of 2 Wolves Slain!

Party

» Kat [5/5]

Enemies

» Wolf [0/2] (No loot!)

» Wolf [2/2]

She had struck with a sideways slash at the one on the left and once it cut through the wolf on its way to the ground, she used the giant axe's grip in the ground to leap over the weapon. She had done it just in time too as the wolf missed its attack by just a few inches, otherwise coming extremely close to her foot, "Phew, probably couldn't do that again if I tried!" She picked the axe up from the ground and dashed forwards, ready to slay the final wolf.

Success! 2 Damage!

» 2 of 2 Wolves Slain!

Party

» Kat [5/5]

Enemies

» Wolf [0/2] (No loot!)

Using the momentum and the wide arc of the axe, she decided to try spinning with it towards the wolf. Surprisingly, it was easy as cake... or eating it anyways, "Are these things just really super duper weak or am I just that amazing?" Not a single monster out of the first four she had encountered inflicted any damage on her, but she was able to take out each one of them in a single hit, "This is just tooooo easy! Everyone will be able to get out of here before we know it!" With another boar off in the distance, she skipped her way across the plain, hoping to get more Pig Hide for whatever it was worth, "It has to be worth something, right?"

Success! 4 Damage!

» Boar Slain!

Party

» Kat [5/5]

Enemies

» Boar [0/2] (No loot!)

You've Reached Level 2!

Kat pulled the axe up and lugged it back on her shoulder, "Huh, it must only drop sometimes. Oh well, it's not like it's hard to find." She turned to the right and began heading to the north, where up ahead a pair of boars were like sitting ducks, "I wonder what else the have a chance to drop then... Ooh, I'd love some bacon, but I wonder if wild meat taste any good." She didn't imagine there being any domesticated animals, especially this early in the game so she marched on, until she got close enough to strike down the first boar on the left.

Success! 2 Damage!

» 1 of 2 Boars Slain!

Party

» Kat [7/7]

Enemies

» Boar [0/2] (No loot!)

» Boar [2/2]

She had began to lift the axe back up, but the other boar happened to react faster than she anticipated. Avenging its fellow piggy's death, it tackled Kat to the ground and began to make all kinds of weird noises, "Ouch, that hurt..." She found that her health bar had actually gone down by one and she was beginning to worry, "Oh, my. That's a lot, isn't it?" Regardless, before she could really think about anything else, she had to get rid of this pig. Hopping up and dashing forwards, she grabbed the handle of the axe and lifted it up, allowing gravity to bring the crushing blow.

Failure! Hit Missed!

Party

» Kat [6/7]

Enemies

» Boar [2/2]

The axe slammed into the ground with a lot more force this time around, but with the way she was attacking and lacking the element of surprise, the boar had enough time to bolt out of the way. However, as it came around the axe to tackle her down again, she was able to use the handle to increase the height of her jump, clearing the boar by a good foot. It slid to a halt before turning back around and trying the same tiring technique again, "Well, at least I know I'm not fighting training dummies now that can't damage me. That makes me feel a little better about it."

Success! 2 Damage!

» Boar Slain!

Party

» Kat [6/7]

Enemies

» Boar [0/2] (x1 Pork Belly!)

Rather than the same vertical attack she had been using on the pigs, she decided to go with a simple, yet efficient sideways slash. It still utilized the gravity and her strength, rather than just her strength if she were to decide to go with a horizontal slash. Regardless, the attack was a success and she didn't have to worry any longer as the boar shattered into those shards, dropping... Wait, what was that? "Oh, yes! They must be able to make bacon in this game!" Her father was an advocate of lean meat, but bacon was his one weakness, which being raised with, she came to enjoy too. She wondered what other kind of animals were around and what they might drop, considering these pigs dropped some pretty sweet things themselves.

Unfortunately, it didn't seem like there were many other animals out here, but she did happen to spot a few bulls off in the distance. It was only one or two, but they were grazing in different areas and she could take out one of them while the other was distracted, "This shouldn't be too bad. At the worst, they'll last as long as the pair of wolves and boars from earlier." She ran on over, passing a few rabbits and rodents along the way, until she approached the first one. Not knowing the danger of this larger animal, she wanted to at least have the first attack be a surprise in her favor.

Failure! Hit Missed!

Party

» Kat [8/9]

Enemies

» Bull [3/3]

You've Reached Level 3!

The bull was more than aware of its attacker, but waited until the last second before kicking up its hind legs and blasting Kat a few feet backwards, "Ouch... Didn't expect that one..." It turned out that the element of surprise had been reversed and she definitely payed for it, but now wasn't the time to rest. She quickly recovered and got to her feet, dragging her axe alongside her on the ground and went for a horizontal slash to cut the large target in its sides.

Failure! Hit Missed!

Party

» Kat [6/9]

Enemies

» Bull [3/3]

The bull was a little too fast for her and was able to get out of distance of the attack before she could hit it, but when it slid to a stop and tried to ram her, the bull was just a little too slow in execution of the counter. Neither had struck a hit, which was okay with Kat as it didn't matter unless she got struck by the bull, in which case that would suck. She ran forwards towards the bull before it could turn back around, this time going for the easy peasy overhead swing, "Come on, drop something good!"

Success! 2 Damage!

Party

» Kat [6/9]

Enemies

» Bull [1/3]

Kat's strike did some good damage against the bull, but she was surprised to see that its health didn't deplete like the animals from before, "Oh, that's odd. It ought to only take another hit then, I guess." The health had fallen into the red and a third of it was gone, meaning that this bull must be a bit tougher than the boars from earlier. The bull had tried to kick its legs up at Kat while she was behind, but it was too much of a distance between the two, leaving a perfect opportunity for Kat to rinse and repeat with another heavy overhead attack.

Success! 3 Damage!

» Bull Slain!

Party

» Kat [6/9]

Enemies

» Bull [0/3] (x1 Steak!)