[PP-F1] The First Hunt (Shizuki)

Kalthios grins a moment, before tossing his sword up in a wide arc. He tries to catch it, but fumbles miserably, the blade stabbing its self into the dirt only inches from his foot. Sheepishly pulling it out of the ground, Kalthios begins to walk towards the pair of boar. "Alright, you take the larger one, I'll take the ugly one?"

Chuckling for a moment, he would merely reply with "Sarcasm" before charging full-tilt towards the boar... and taking a sharp tusk to the leg for his troubles. In the moment after, the boar looks positively excited, despite monsters not being able to show emotion.

Kalthios: 6/7

Shizuki: 14/17

Boar 1: 5/5

Boar 2: 5/5

His exuberance overcoming his patience, Kalthios would draw his sword from its back sheath and full-on sprint to the boar. Returning to a favored tactic, he would hold out his sword arm, and pass it on the right, aiming for the beasts flank. However, as he was about to make contact, the beast turned, slashing his arm with its tusks.

Kalthios: 5/7

Shizuki: 14/17

<>

5/5

<>

1/5

Shizuki grabbed the boar by the tusk, sighing. She sliced at it's legs, it's health instantly dropping to zero. Then she sliced it's head off, and the tusks in the few seconds before it exploded. She turned and crossed her arms, a bored expression on her face as she watched the new kid fight the other boar.

«Shizuki»

14/17

«Kalthios»

5/7

«Frenzy Boar 1»

5/5

«Frenzy Boar 2»

0/5

After hearing the tinkling, crashing sound of another monster turning to crystals under Shizuki's blade, Kalthios once more charges at the boar. However, this time, he goes over it, and does a midair summersault, blade in hand. This causes the boars back to split open leaving a brutal red gash down its spine. "Yeah! Get some!" As he lands, he settles in a low crouch, before looking towards Shizuki. "This one is mine. Chill for a bit."

<>

5/7

<>

14/17

<>

1/5

<>

0/5

Once again charging at the dying boar, Kalthios jumps slightly closer to the boar this time. Holding his sword before him, he dives towards the boar, skewering the beast on his sword. As his sword makes contact, the beast dissolves into crystalline shards, which he proceeds to roll through, popping back to his feet. Dusting off his pants, he walks toward Shizuki. "Well. I didn't do too bad, huh?"

Shizuki sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Whatever. Listen. I'm going to go now. North-east of the starter town is a village with the name Horunka. There you can find a lady who will give you a quest called Secret Medicine of the Forest. You'll receive a weapon called the Anneal Blade upon completing it. That's my last bit of advice. Good luck." She said, beginning to walk away.

Kal would take a moment to file all that info away in his mind, before looking up. "Hey, wait a sec! Look, you saved my life, then helped me out alot. I can't thank you enough for that. So, I understand if you don't accept, but... if you ever need anything, just give me a shout, ok?" He would then quickly pop open his menu, and send Shizuki a friend request.

Shizuki froze. She only had one person on her friend's list, and preferred it that way for the time being. Sighing, she said to him, "Look. I can't. Not right now, but maybe in the future when I have more 'friends.' I understand you can only contact people on your friends list, so I'm going to tell you this; I have a shop in the starter town. You can go there whenever you want if you need to contact me." She shook her head sadly and turned to leave again. "Sumimasen. Sayonara."

Taking in the view of the wide open grassy fields once again, Kalthios would take a moment to look over the possible targets. Deciding to steer far away from the trio of boars in front of him, he instead moves to tackle the single boar to his right. Drawing his sword, he would charge at the boar, jumping directly in front of it. He would land behind it, pivot on his heel, and viciously stab the boar with his sword.

<>

5/9

<>

2/5

Invigorated by his last brutal attack, Kalthios would again charge at the boar, this time leaping off the ground far sooner than last time. His sword held before him, he would dive towards the boar, but instead be slammed aside by the boar rearing its head slightly. Grimacing slightly as his health bar drops below half, Kalthios would rise to his feet, sword outstretched towards the boar."Alright, let's go!"

<>

4/9

<>

2/5

Spinning his sword in his grip, Kalthios would instead hold his sword in a reverse grip, blade coming from the bottom of his fist rather than the top. "Ok, piggy, lets see if I know how to do it this way." The boar would snort and tear at the ground slightly, before charging. As Kalthios tries to dodge, however, the boar merely slams its skull into his chest, sending him sprawling. "Ok. Guess not."

<>

3/9

<>

2/5

Flipping the sword back to its regular position, Kalthios would hold the sword to his side, sprinting towards the boar, a shout of both aggression and frustration emanating from his mouth. The boar, apparently startled for a moment by the loud noise, would stay still just long enough to be slashed horizontally through the middle by Kalthios' blade, shattering into a million crystalline pieces.

<>

3/9

<>

0/5

Sheathing his sword across his back, Kalthios would wearily look back towards the Town of Beginnings, deciding it would be better to go back, rest, and recuperate than to continue fighting for now. Turning to look out onto the plains, and towards the shining sun above it, he faintly murmurs to himself "One day, I'll be strong enough. Not today, not tomorrow, but one day..." This being said, he turns back towards the Town of Beginnings, trudging up to and through the gates.