[PP-F5] , The traveler ~Demitry Matter COMPLETED

Striding down the street Saito took in his surroundings, He was too low of a level to be here but an information broker fed him information and he couldn't turn down a lead. Walking through this safe town he could see sandstorms in the distance. What a lovely city to be stuck in. Upon inspecting his surroundings he saw a woman completely covered asking for help. She kept murmuring

please help
to each stranger that walked by.

Unable to see her get shut down so many times Saito's flawed soft heart came out for some air, as he walked over to the woman to see what she needed.

"What do you need help with?" Saito asked as he reached a hand out to get her attention. She than grabbed his hand with both of hers and wept softly.

"I have precious cargo burried in the desert that I need. I am growing sicker and won't make it much longer without it. If you retrive it and bring it back to me you won't be sorry." She tucked her hooded head into her robe and coughed. " I won't make it another two moons."

Saito was unaware of this illness, but it looked real enough to were he would risk his health to save a stranger. One of the rarest moments of his life where he goes above and beyond for a stranger.

"Ok tell me where it is"

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Demitry was not only annoyed but even more so irritated, it took him a long time to get his clothes dry. He'd been using the ponds on the first floor to scrub off unwanted filth on his clothes. He had just finished cleaning them when a rock tripped him and placed him in the mud. He always liked to stay clean, his smug face wouldn't be twisted into a smile anytime soon. Cleanliness was as useful as it was daunting, a spec of dirt could at times make Demitry go crazy. He shrugged the thoughts of being dirty off, as sand kicked up into his eyes.

"Eck."The sound came out, rough and meaningless.

Demitry rubbed the coarse sandy dust from his eyes and marched forward. The settlement wasn't too bad other than the fact that on lookers would think Demitry was unclean, which most certainly wasn't the case! The Npc's dressed heavy and for the over baring heat from the desert. Demitry hated the heat, it was exhausting. He'd be sure to bring water before he left to go out into the Depths of the Desert. The only thing that truly brought him here was a rumor from a few players that he met from a previous MMO. A player with the famous name, a name that Demitry knew all too well.

"The Crimson Duelist..." Demitry was eager to find him, if he could, being dirty wouldn't matter any longer.

Walking away from this stranger his soft-heartedness faded as he realized he now inconvenienced himself for some person who is probably going to die before he finds this fairy tail loot buried in the desert. Saito had a shovel added to his inventory for this quest, she promised it would be worth his while.

Saito Brought up his HUD to make sure he saved the user's name so he could find her and keep track of her life. It seemed every couple hours her health went down a notch. With a wave of his hand the HUD was gone and he continued toward the outskirts of town toward the desert. Saito glanced up and met gazes with a purple haired man that was just rubbing his eyes. Saito's pride kept him from looking away until other did. It was an animalistic instinct to show dominance.

However this user didn't seem to look away, this was about to get interesting.

Demitry knew it wouldn't be a good day when a random player stared him down. What was this guy's problem, better yet was he indicator green. Most people that took such an interest in other players were PKers. This was a term used for certain players that made it their job to kill other players. Luckily this strange man wasn't a PKer. Demitry held his gaze, a glistening orange pierced back.

What in the holy hell? What's happening right now? Do i look like meat, under these circumstances a bottle of water would be more acurate. Wait it's the mud isn't it! Crap i knew i should have turned back.

Demitry shook his head as he placed his hand on his forehead. His chest-piece swayed in the light draft of wind as Demitry broke out into a raucous comment.

"I can give you something better to stare at, what do you even want?" Demitry said, his voice callous a stern. "I really don't have time for your shi-" Demitry paused, stepping closer to the strange man. His HUD dinged and a name popped up in the corner. Demitry's eyes widened, a rough grin formed as his bright white teeth showed. He didn't find The Crimson Duelist, Saito found him.

"Is it really....you? The main man, the one the only, Crimson Duelist, Saito Jorn! You had sick skills back then brother, should've stuck with it. I didn't mean to come off rude earlier just...aww forget it...It's You!" Demitry's voice completely changed in the presence of a friend, true friend.

Saito was taken back, of all the people he choose to stare down that day it was an old guild member, those were the only people who liked referring to Saito as the crimson duelist, all others chose to avoid using the name and the one it belonged to.

"Judging from your persona It must be you Demitry, it's been a long time. I didn't think anyone from the old guild would ever leave and come play Sword Art Online. Guess they broke the mold with you. I am actually on a time sensitive quest, if you'd like to catch up we can meet at the Inn when I get back... or you can come along and catch me up on Aincrad, you know how I love my information."

Suddenly Aincrad didn't seem as dark as it did moments ago. After all of the years in school and time spent play MMOs there were only a few people that Saito called friends, and Demitry was one of them.

"Yea, the old guild was something else back in the day. You haven't happened to run into any others have you? On another note i'd love to come along the more quest the better. Aincrad sure is a big place. It's good to see you though, truly it really is."

Demitry rarely gave praise to anyone, Saito earned his stripes long ago. If either of them were in need one of em would come running along to help the other. Saito was well known for his combat skills in several other games. Demitry happened to be part of his guild for years, a bond formed through excellent team work. Demitry looked down at his boots, still brown and rugged, he really needed new clothes.

Shaking his head once more Demitry smiled and place his hand on Saito's shoulder. It had been too long.

"So what questions do you have? Also what quest are we doing? If it's timed liked you said we better get to it." Demitry said playfully. It was going to be a hell of a day...

"There is a woman who is suffering from an illness in Aincrad. I didn't think it was possible but I was sent to retrieve something of great importance to her buried in the desert sand, I added her to my friends to keep an eye on her health and I don't know if she will make it much longer." Saito seemed bothered by a woman he knew nothing about dying. "We need to go now."

Leaving the city behind them they began their hike through the desert, this trip would take the rest of the day and the night to complete. If all goes as planned with minimal interference they should be back early the following morning. Saito trucked his feet through the sand storm. The wind picked up as the vision in front of them began to diminish. Saito began regretting leaving the Inn this morning.

Saito Jorn HP 11/11

Demitry Matter HP 11/11

Demitry hated the rustic, coarse feeling of sand, so sandstorms were perfect for him to enjoy. He clunked his feet through the treacherous sand dunes. The sun beat down on the two of them with every step. Demitry looked over to his old friend Saito and held his arm over his head, blocking the sand from his mouth.

"Saito, this cargo. is it guarded by something? I haven't ever really been on the fifth floor before this. Man, it's hot." Demitry uncover his mouth as his eyes winced, pieces of sand fluttering by. His mouth was closed tight, hands in his pant pockets, and his v neck tightly held by his cloth belt. Steam flew up from the sides of each of them. Deep holes formed as steam continued to protrude from underneath the dunes.

Odd, I didn't think Sand dunes had water beneath them? Unless this is a Sword Art Online feature? If so neat. Not a cactus in sight...

"Watch out for the steam barges, they'll scold ya if you get too close."

Saito Jorn HP 11/11

Demitry Matter HP 11/11

The sand storm started to quiet down, but the sun took it's place. The heat and the sand was a potent combination that was not in the least bit pleasant. "I am not entirely sure about guards? She said it was invaluable to her but i wouldn't think others know about it. We should be on our guard, make sure we are ready for whatever we encounter."

Saito began thinking about the possibilities of wild monsters in the desert. Knowing that the sand can nick away at your health is all the more reason you don't want to be stuck in a sand storm while beating down a monster. Maybe the woman asked others to help her with the same task, that way all of her eggs weren't in one basket.

"Hey Demitry, we need to be ready for anything. If a monster appears we need to run some old guild strats to make and we will be fine." A more concerning thought ran through his head. " I heard there are also PKers on this floor...if we encounter any, I'll fight them, I don't want your status turning orange..." his sentence trailed off thinking about what it would mean if he was ever branded orange.

Saito seemed to already be in the swing of things, the idea of using tactics gave him a rush. Saito and Demitry were known for their cunning at two versus two duels. They even climbed to the top in several other games when it came to arena matches. Saito was always a fighter, brave, and sarcastically ironic. Something Demitry picked up from him, not that he was proud of it, but what else could one think about another friends personality traits.

"Pkers, well that's just great, I wouldn't want you to have all the fun anyways. Going orange isn't a concern I read somewhere it can be reverted back to green. I doubt we'll see any though Saito, too damn hot out here.Mobs though they'll definite-" Demitry tumbled backwards Sand spiking up into the air. A loud hiss caught his attention and he slid down the sand dune. He dug his knee into the ground and stopped himself from falling further away from his new challenge.

The creature shook off the rest of the sand and a large curved tail hung high over it's head. It's skin looked metal, only it was a mere defense mechanism. The sun caused the back of the large Scorpion to look metal. This forced it's hunters to choose other potential prey. The large claws were spread like a horseshoe, rigid fine points inside the clasps of it's claws. The eyes looked reptilian and gave off a red glow.

"As I was saying, they'll definitely show up." Demitry said with carefree tone. His eyes stared into the towering Scorpion, he read the HUD, it's real name.

"Scorpion Burrower."

Party

Saito Jorn HP 11/11

Demitry Matter HP 11/11

Enemy

Scorpion Burrower HP 11/11

Observing this huge scorpion, glimpses of light were reflecting off the scorpion's stinger. This scorpion towered over Saito and Demitry and it brought him back to his old MMOs, where these two would do countless quests and raids solo because of their amazing team work. Saito didn't miss a beat and observing this large scorpion in from on him. Hesitation was completely absent from His mind. If there was going to be a fight it would be great, he finally has someone to rely on.

"This ugly thing reminds me of an old raidboss from the Monster slayer MMORPG." The sadistic grin that so often resided on his face was revealing itself in preparation of this amazing battle. "I'd like to see what's inside!"

As his voice trailed off Saito sprinted forward grabbing the hilt of his sword as he ran. Bending his right knee he pushed off the dune and drew his weapon. The delay on the attack was but a moment, enough time to register a weakness through it's natural armor and Saito descended to land a devastating blow.

Party

Saito Jorn HP 11/11

Demitry Matter HP 11/11

Enemy

Scorpion Burrower HP 9/11

The Straightened blade hit the scorpion with ease, at least that's how Saito made it look. Demitry expected nothing less from his long time partner in crime. If the two of them could do high level raids in other games by themselves, what else did they really need? The were the duo, a deadly one at that. Sword Art Online may have trapped them, but who was really the prey? Demitry observed the large Scorpion Burrower. Saito had already brought it down a few notches, the HUD displaying it's health bar.

"Save that ugly desert crawler for me too!" Demitry yelled.

Demitry tapped on his side a long curved sheathe appearing from his inventory. He hadn't had it equipped till now. The hilt twinkled in the sun, Demitry slammed his back leg into the hot sand. Before his thumb reached the latch on his sheathe Demitry stopped, only for a split second. Saito's back was revealed to him just after the first initial strike from moments ago. Demitry twirled into the air, his back pressing against Saito's. Demitry rolled off of Saito's back, the latched was released. The sweet sound of his steel whistled through the air, an over head attack going straight for the Scorpion Burrower's head.

Party

Saito Jorn HP 11/11

Demitry Matter HP 11/11

Enemy

Back stepping away from the Scorpion Saito heard Demitry's battle cries as he went in for the follow up. This thing is as good as dead Just as Saito's reassured his subconscious, The scorpion arched it's body back completely evading Demitry's attack.

"Demitry Fall back!" The Monster maneuver reminded Saito of a battle on the fourth floor. The monster was programmed to counter attack upon an unsuccessful attack. Saito didn't have much time to respond, sliding into the scorpion was enough to take the aggro off of Demitry. The scorpion's beaty eye's locked onto Saito as it's right claw came across rifling through the sand.

Party

Saito Jorn HP 11/11

Demitry Matter HP 11/11

Enemy

I'll get it next time for sure, move Demitry. Now!

He cracked into action as he leaped backward, he feet sliding into the sand, dust trailed off behind him. The claw dug though the sand and into the side of Saito. Saito however , evaded the oncoming claw. Demitry knew it would take more for someone called The Crimson Duelist to really take damage. Demitry liked the name too. Demitry had little time to react, pivoting off his front foot his blade slanted to the left. He ran forward and sliced in a upward motion, the blade wanted the Burrower's arm, and not it's hard claw.

"Come on." Demitry whispered, his crescent mistress dancing in the air awaiting contact. The blade carved a sweet gift into the large arm of the desert crawler. Demitry grinned, his back leg shifted again, readying himself for what came next.

Party

Saito Jorn HP 11/11

Demitry Matter HP 11/11

Enemy

Scorpion Burrower HP 8/11

The scorpions arm had a red glow indicating a connected attack. Demitry's starting to warm up, this should be fun. The sand settled at his feet, the trail of the claw still visible in the ground. After being struck by Demitry The scorpion was wide open to a counter attack.

Running against the wind, Saito's hair blew on either side of his face, he squinted as he tried to make out the weak spot. Saito drew his right elbow back raising his sword to a thrusting position. This was the best way to make himself more aerodynamic so the wind wouldn't play as much of a role in his accuracy. Stopping feet before the scorpions face Saito thrusted straight towards it's eye in an attempt to give them a tactical advantage and seal it's fate.

The sword pierced through it's red eye and a rumbling roar echoed through it's body, now the real fight had begun.

Party

Saito Jorn HP 11/11

Demitry Matter HP 11/11

Enemy

Scorpion Burrower HP 7/11

Enraged by Saito's effort to take its eye the Scorpion Burrower flailed his arms side to side, Demitry skipped around them like a fluid stream of water, untouchable. The sun grew dim, only not from the cloud dormant in the sky. The stinger stiffened and it came full throttle as Demitry's neck. He only had two options, get hit, or jump into it and use his blade to redirect his stinger into the sand. His knees bent, and with a splash of tan sand stretching to the sky Demitry was off.

The tail was long and had incredible range, Demitry was worried of the after effects. Status Effects could be more than fatal in other RPG based games. He hoped if his counter attack missed, poison wouldn't be something he'd have to deal with. The stinger rip through the air as Demitry forced his blade against it, too much force would fling him into the air and too little would cause him to be struck by the stinger. Sparks formed as his blade slid across the Scorpions hard tail, Demitry slightly turned his head, and gave out determined yell.

"Eck....Ahh!"

The tail forced through, but Demitry pushed just in time. The stinger plunging into the sands below.

Party

Saito Jorn HP 11/11

Demitry Matter HP 11/11

Enemy

This time Saito was not able to aggro the scorpion as it unleashed it's rage towards Demitry. Saito held his breath as the scorpions tail plummeted the sand below. The stinger seemed to be embedded in the sand unable to break free. This must be the animation for if a giant monster misses a counter, they are left open . Saito wanted to distance himself from the claws while damaging the scorpion.

Looking at the stinger stuck in the ground Saito realzied that is a possible weak point and can be targeted. Saito ran away from the claws and straight towards the stinger of the beast.

"We have a small window to attack during this animation!"Saito yelled as he dove forward in the air. This was meant to decrease the time before contact to help his chances of hitting the target.

Saitos chest made contact with the hot sand below and the cloud created was enough of a distraction to cause Saito to miss his attack. With one swift motion the stinger was ripped from the ground as it was ready for combat once more.

Party

Saito Jorn HP 11/11

Demitry Matter HP 11/11

Enemy

Its stinger was ripped from the ground, like a god forcing something out of existence. The sand cloud followed by it made it hard to see what the scorpion was going to do next. There wasn't much time for waiting, at least with Saito getting back to his feet. The stinger snapped back and loosened, it's tail wiggling in the air. It's slow predicated movements made Demitry think of a patient snake ready to strike. Demitry trucked through the cloud, a incoming claw from the right. He jumped, the large claw slamming into the ground. Demitry ran along its arm now, his blade held out far to his right. He slid off of the monster's arm and onto its back.

"Got ya!"Demitry yelled, as he began to loose his balance.

He slipped and his blade careened off into the sand, the Scorpion shook him off as he was sent into the hot sand. his body felt heavy and the sand covering him scolded his forearm. The desert finally got the best of him, his HUD displaying a form of life loss.

'Crap." Demitry said, rising to his feet, sand brushed off by his arms. His violet eyes searched for his blade, it was only a few inches from him. Demitry tucked his foot underneath the hilt and kicked upward. His left hand snatching it from the dry air.

Party

Saito Jorn HP 11/11

Demitry Matter HP 10/11

Enemy

The scorpion must have a way to analyze it's odds for survival, in this case it meant striking Saito as he was still recovering from his prior attack. Saito must have hit the ground hard because his vision was refocusing as he tried to get his head back in the game, but it was too little too late. The scorpion's instinctive code send it charging in his direction. As Saito turned to face the shaking ground below the scorpion swung it's claw down slamming Saito into the ground shaking him to his core.

The air was expunged from his body as the crushing force of the claw finally caught up with him. It wasn't like the crimson duelist to be this reckless, of course a lot has changed since the launch of Sword Art Online.

Party

Saito Jorn HP 10/11

Demitry Matter HP 10/11

Enemy

Demitry could only watch until it went for an already downed soldier, Saito. It rattled the ground with Saito's body and as the dust cloud gave way Demitry slipped through. He flew over the scorpions claw and went for a downward plunge, into it's weaker area along its arm. Demitry wouldn't allow Saito to be struck without repaying the scorpion a favor. His blade stabbed deep into its arm. Demitry twisted the blade as it lifted its claw from Saito's chest.

"Not my friend! Not ever!" Demitry screamed as a red gush of blood released from the scorpions body. Demitry jumped off its arm and next to Saito, His hand held out.

'Get up, we aren't done yet."

Party

Saito Jorn HP 10/11

Demitry Matter HP 10/11

Enemy

Scorpion Burrower HP 6/11