[PP-F3] Simple Times.

Placing my index finger on my chin, I gazed up at the cloudless sky and thought about Red's suggestion. "That does make sense actually. In truth, I normally forget to check there for any activity. Now that you mention it, I'm sure that I heard something like that once before," I said thoughtfully. I turned back to the two in front of me and blinked several times, surprised to see Little Red petting Cleo. Stifling a laugh, I smiled and held my hand out to Red. "If you're all set, would you like to go now and see if we can't catch anyone?"

I looked up from petting Cleo, who was enjoying it dearly, and stood up. I didn't accept her hand, and I didn't mean anything by it. Yep, all set. I said and flipped my hood back up. I suggest we speak through messaging from now on. I said and started walking to the alley way. I didn't wan to talk, nor did I think we should discuss any of this out loud.

I looked after her as she walked away then turned my gaze to Cleo, who in turn glanced at me from the corner of her eye. Neither of us bothered to say anything since we had gotten pretty good at reading each others minds without thought speaking. She narrowed her eyes at me and I waved my hand at Cleo in an 'I know' sort of gesture before following Red down the alleyway with a halfhearted shrug. Come come Cleo! Time to go hunting! Ah, shush.

From behind me I heard Aoife talking to her familiar, Cleo. I turned several alley ways until we reached the outskirts of the town. This was where the most crimes were committed. We have arrived. Try not to make much noise, or were sure to be captured or something stupid like that. I pushed the send button and walked out into the burning sunlight, out of the alley. Up ahead I could see a few men talking to someone, but I couldn't tell from this far away.

The message accept/deny box pulled up and I tapped on the blue circle that symbolized 'accept'. Reading the message over, I wasn't sure whether I should reply or not since I'd merely be saying something along the lines of 'Okay'. I shrugged, deciding to not bother, and walked into the bright light of day after Red. I tuned into the conversation being held up ahead with my enhanced hearing and my eyes widened at the exchange. Are you kidding me?! Already?! I rapidly typed a message to Akumu and skimmed it over before I sent it. It looks like we're just in time to save a player. That group over there should be our target now or the player die without help.

(OOC: Blah, I can't think. Anywhozzles, let me know what you think, blah, blah, blah. I'll edit if you want me to. GOODNIGHT!)

I think the best option, since were just outside the safezone, would be to form a planned attack. I'll go in on the left and get their attention. You follow my lead and go to the right, I'm going to use my acting skills. I pressed send and walked up to the two men without leaving Aoife any time to send me a response. She would either have to go along with my plan or make her own. I took a deep breath and got into my character. Okay, your a little innocent seven year old...GO! I thought and snapped my eyes open. With one quick glance at Aoife I ran up to the man on the left and tugged his coat. Hey mister! Can you show me how to be tough like you! C'mere! I said eagerly and pulled his hand away from the other man and the little child. He gave me a funny look when I did this, typical. Okay now strike! I quickly pushed his chest, sending him backwards, and stabbed my sword into him. I suggest you leave.

Man ??/?? -3 HP

I skimmed the message Little Red sent and quickly faded back into the shadows I'm so accustomed to before making my way over to the right side of the group. While Red put up her act, I crept towards the man on right, sword unsheathed, and held my right index finger to my lips when the young player the two had cornered noticed me. The child nodded stayed silent while I turned my attention back to Little Red just as she attacked the man. The one in front of me tensed as if he was about to race over and join the fight as well, but before he could take a single step in Red's direction, I sprang forward and plunged the blade into the inside of man's knee, causing his knees to buckle. I pulled my sword out of the man's knee just before he fell to the ground with a yelp of surprise and gave him a slightly hurt look. "Aw, did you not see me?" I asked, sticking out my bottom lip in a pout and bending down to look him in the eyes before giving him a slightly devilish grin. "You're going nowhere."

Health: 21/21.

Man ??/?? -1 HP

Man ??/?? -3 HP

I glanced behind me to see that Aoife had successfully injured to other man, she understood. Why are you messing with him? I say, taking my sword out of his chest. The man grunted at me and made a motion to the other man next to Aoife. When I turned to see what exactly he was "saying" to the other man; the man I previously stabbed made an upwards motion. All in one movement he pulled my hood over my head, grabbed my sword and pressed it against me. He raised my body from the ground and smirked at Aoife. Aoife, don't- I squeaked out before he moved crushed his arm tighter around my chest, practically killing me. I kicked my feet in the air but had no luck trying to get from his grasp. Crap! Crap! What do I do!? I can't breathe!

Akumu 16/17

Man ??/?? -1 HP

Man ??/?? -3 HP

The smile fell from my face when Little Red questioned my behaviour. She's right. What am I doing? I wondered, shaking my head to clear it. I pointed my katana at the guy on the ground and turned my head to answer just in time to see her become a hostage of the guy that she had been dealing with. He smirked and cut off Red's words by simply crushing her so she couldn't breathe, let alone speak. I grit my teeth in frustration and looked back down towards the player at my feet as he shied away from the blade in front of his face. Several different scenarios played in my mind like little movies and I ran into dead end after dead end, growing more desperate as each idea failed. My eyes flickered back to Little Red and the guy choking the life out of her. The one thing that I'd forgotten had sneaked up behind the two. Cleo, have I ever told you how lucky I am that you're my familiar? I asked as she pounced on the player and raked her claws across his face, causing him to drop Akumu in surprise. My amazing familiar caught the older girl on her back and trotted a few steps away from the man. Hmm.... You could stand to mention it more often, she replied with a sniff. We'll continue this conversation later.... "Are you alright, Red?" I asked, glancing at the player that hadn't attacked yet.

Health: 21/21.

Man ??/?? -1 HP

Man ??/?? -4 HP

• 3 weeks later...

After I thought I was done for, the grasp loosened as I heard the screech of the man, something happened. With Cleo's claws and Aoife's genius the man dropped me, shocked by the attack. My frail body went limp and crumpled to the ground, but Cleo thankfully caught me and brought me safely away from the man that previously almost killed me. Quite so. I think I broke my ribs but other than that I'm completely fine. I said, almost with no emotion, I didn't want her to think that I was too weak to be with her, or to finish this very annoying battle. The blinked and touched his face, running his fingers across the scars that marked his face, he didn't look pleased. He looked at his partner and grunted before running away like a coward, yelling some not so nice words to us. Should I go after him? I asked with a very unhappy face, how could he run like that?

With a laugh, I glanced over at Red and grinned. "No, don't bother. It's likely that he's running for friends, so I think that it's best to leave this place. Besides he-" I cut myself off at the sound of fleeing feet and whipped my head around. The guy that I had at my feet had taken the risk of running. I smirked and sheathed my katana whilst watching him scramble away out of sight. Well, he has some courage," Cleo commented. "Yes, he does," I answered back. "But one day, that courage of his will get him killed. Not everyone is as merciful as us. Oh well." Turning around to Little Red again, I caught sight of the child that the two had cornered and gestured to Red that we had an audience.

I was just about to interupt Aoife to inform her of the man escaping but she caught on without me. The coward with an orange title got up and left the area with a terrified look on his face. Serves you right... I thought with a scowl than noticed the little boy in the grass a few feet away from me. I put on a kind smile and softened my motions as I walked over to him. As I bent over to help him up a pain grew in my side, where the broken rib was. I grunted a little and pulled the boy up from the ground, he trembled as I did so. The little boy with rugged brown hair started to cry so immediately I put him down, he bolted away from me and disappeared into the town. Rolling my eyes at the sight I let my face contort into another displeased look. Let's just go... I muttered while rolling my eyes as I walked farther into the field.