[PP-F1] «Candy for Mavis»

Mavis' dream seemed to be amazing. Someday, Mavis. I hope that happens. I rambled in my mind. "Your dream must have been amazing, Mavis. I never had a dream about ever going back." I said to her. So where are we going now? Mavis said to me, as we walked around the Town of Beginnings. I stopped for a moment, and turned towards Mavis. "What do you feel like doing Mavis?" I replied to her.

What do I feel like doing? Hmm.... I suddenly gasped, thinking of something. "Wolves," I exclaimed. "I want to fight some wolves! They chased me back to town yesterday." I frowned at the thought of those mean wolves. That is, until I saw a guy and a gal having ice cream on a bench and remembered that there was an ice cream shop nearby in town. "Oh!~ Afterwards, can we get ice cream? Please?" I asked, looking up at at Echo with puppy eyes. I could almost taste the frozen creamy treat.

I tap on my chin, and took her by the hand. "So you want to fight some Dire Wolves, and get some ice cream afterwards? Sounds like a good idea to me. I said to Mavis, as we ran towards the grasslands. Its not that I couldn't resist her puppy eyes, but she is like a little sister to me. I had to protect her with everything I have, no matter what it took. I'll do my best to protect her, and not lose her. "My dear little sister, Mavis." I mumbled to myself as we dash towards the grasslands.

"Yay! Ice cream! Wolves and ice cream," I exclaimed, laughing. What flavour should I get? I dunno.... I'll see what they have when I get there! As we raced down the road, the edges of the path became shadowed due to the higher grasses. I always think of hay or wheat when I pass through the grasslands since the grass is golden sometimes. Spotting the hill with the pink flowers on it, I skidded to a stop and pointed at the hill. "There's a den of wolves on the other side of that hill," I explained before tip-toeing off of the path and into the tall grass, motioning Echo to follow me.

I can see it now, Mavis being the little sister I've always wanted. "Yeah, Ice cream and wolves!" I said, chuckling. In general, I for some reason didn't like eating ice cream. This is for Mavis, I don't mind eating it today. I thought to myself, as we made it down the path. The tall grass were swaying like usually, and Mavis spots a hill with a pink flower. I look over, and dash over towards Mavis. She explains that there were a pack of wolves waiting for us over the hill, as she walks into the tall grass. I follow her into the tall grass, quickly equipping to Fury's Echo.

Slipping out my kunai, I slinked up to the hill crept up the slope, trying not to disturb the wolves. At the top of the hill, I laid down on my stomach and leaned my head down to peer into the den using my night vision to see more than just shadows. A set of golden eyes were staring right back at me. The wolf snarled at me and reached up to rake me with it's claws, but I managed to pull my head back up in time. In mere seconds, the three wolves were out of their den and whipped around to face us. I charged one of my kunai for an attack and threw the glowing pink streak at the smallest wolf, striking it right in between the shoulder blades. Yes! It hit!

My Health!: 17/17.

Wolfie Mummy: 5/5.

Wolfie Daddy: 5/5.

Wolfie Cub: 3/5.

(I did that right, right?)

I watch as Mavis fly towards the Wolf. "You're amazing, Mavis." I mumble to myself, as she struck the Cub Wolf. On instinct I ran towards Mavis, and grab her as I throw Fury's Echo into the air, and it turned into a bright white color. I slam my sword down on the Papa Wolf, almost killing it. "Hmp.. I'm still weak after all." I said, as I sheathe my sword. The Papa Wolf started to screech, but it didn't matter to me right now. The only thing running through my mind is protecting Mavis at all cost. I put Mavis down besides me, "Don't stand there for so long. They'll bite back." I warn her, with a smile. She's strong, but if more appear I want her to run.

Party:

Echo [35/35 HP]

Mavis [17/17 HP]

Enemy:

Mom Wolf [5/5 HP]

Dad Wolf [1/5 HP]

Cub Wolf [3/5 HP]

[You did great!]

«Fury's Echo» +2 DMG, +1 AC

«Winterclaok» +1 AC

"Okay," I said, flashing a smile to Echo before turning my attention back to the wolves. I darted to the other side of the hill so we didn't make a big target and brought out another kunai, but struggled with keeping a good grip on it. It charged with a green light and I was about to throw it when it slipped out of my grasp. I bent down to pick it up and when I looked up again, the Mummy wolf had raced to where I was and leaped at me, claws outstretched. Without enough time to dodge, all I could do was to try to shrink away as her claws raked through my cheek.

My Health!: 15/17.

Wolfie Mummy: 5/5.

Wolfie Daddy: 1/5.

Wolfie Cub: 3/5.

(Yay! Nu! One! Ah! >.<)

I watch Mavis dart towards to the other side of the hill, and I got ready for my next attack. She equipped her kunai, but seems like she is having a hard time. I grip Fury's Echo as tight as possible. "Careful.." I mumble to myself. Her kunai has a green light shining around it, and she failed to throw it. She went to pick it up and the Mom Wolf charged at her and manage to get a scratch on her cheek. The anger inside of me starts to boil, and I charge at the Mom Wolf. "How dare you lay your claws on Mavis?" I shout as I leap into the air. Fury's Echo starts to glow a bright white, and I slam it as hard as I could. I didn't want to let it live, but I couldn't do much more. I walk in front of Mavis, and gave her a smile. "Are you okay, imouto?" I said and shook my head. "Mavis.."

Party:

Echo [35/35 HP]

Mavis [15/17 HP]

Enemy:

Mom Wolf [2/5 HP]

Dad Wolf [1/5 HP]

Cub Wolf [3/5 HP]

«Wintercloak» +1 AC

"I'm okay," I stated, stepping to the side of Echo. This time I won't drop it. I looked at each wolf in turn before stopping on the cub. We had a mini staring contest while I charged my kunai behind my back. Sorry.... Without turning my head, I said to Echo, "You don't have to worry." The cub took a step forward and I tensed my arm. "I promise!" My arm shot forward and I let go of the kunai without aiming. I had seen where I wanted it to land and I trusted it to get there. The blade cut through the air and struck the wolf cub between the eyes before it had time to react. The cub immediately shattered into iridescent pieces of a puzzle and were blown away in the wind. My eyes tracked it's path until I couldn't see it anymore. Goodbye.

Wolfie Mummy: 2/5.

Wolfie Daddy: 1/5.

Wolfie Cub: Shattered.

Mavis dashed off towards the Cub Wolf, and next thing I knew she ended the life of it. Shattering into a polygons I could feel a smile forming on my face. I could feel my strength come to me. "Looks like its my turn!" I said, as I took off towards the Mom Wolf. The Mom Wolf took a step forward, and took off towards me. I turn my sword ever so slightly. "I will always worry, Mavis." I said. I start to dash towards the Mom Wolf, and without hesitation I leap to the side and smirk. The Mom Wolf could barely react to my sword speed, and my sword end the life of it. As the polygons shower me, I turn to Mavis as the Dad Wolf starts to back up. "We're almost done here." I said, as I walk back to Mavis spinning my sword in a circular motion.

Party:

Echo [35/35 HP]

Mavis [15/17 HP]

Enemy:

Mom Wolf [DEAD]

Dad Wolf [1/5 HP]

Cub Wolf [DEAD]

«Wintercloak» +1 AC

• 2 weeks later...

My gaze shifted back to Echo as he walked towards me while spinning his sword around. "You shouldn't play with sharp things. You might poke someone's eye out, you know," I teased as I pulled out another sharp thing of my own. "And you can worry, just don't worry too much or else you'll get sick!" With a grin, I charged the kunai until it shined bright blue and threw it at the Daddy wolf. It lodged into the wolf's neck and he seemed to freeze for a moment before shattering like the other two had. "Yay! We did it, Echo! We did it! Bye-bye wolfies! You can't bug me anymore," I shouted while bouncing around in a circle from excitement.

Wolfie Mummy: Shattered.

Wolfie Daddy: Shattered.

Wolfie Cub: Shattered.

I de-materialize Fury's Echo and sat on the grasslands. "I guess we can go get those ice-creams for you." I said, as I flash a smile towards Mavis. I brushed myself off and stood up towering over Mavis. I put her over my back, letting her piggy back all they way back to the Town of Beginnings. "Hope you're still holding on, Mavis!" I said, as we zoom pass the crowd. We finally made it in front of the Ice-Cream store and I put Mavis down, as I gasp in some air. "T--That was a lot of running." I said, joking.