[PP-F1] Foraging for the Forge (Zak)

As Kalthios walks out of the high, gated walls of the Town of Beginnings, he once again stops to admire the wide open expanse that is the grassy plains. However, his attention is soon focused on a group of boars that, in front of his eyes, slew a level one player. Cringing slightly, Kal would widen his field of focus again, taking in the entire expanse before him. With several groups of boars in front of him, Kal weighed his options a moment.

Zak was on his way as well, for his daily training and scavenging of materials, but wouldn't arrive until a few minutes after the brutal slaughter of the low-leveled player. Upon arriving, he'd be quite surprised to find that Kalthios was here as well, "Yo, what are you up to out here?" Just beyond, he could see a pack of boars, "You don't plan on dying today, do you?"

Kal would sigh mournfully. "Not me, no... Though, when I got out here, I saw a guy die. A kid. Couldn't be more than 15. Shattered by a few boars." Facing back towards the boars, he would nod his head towards Zak. "That being said... I'll take the ugly one, you take the big one?" His sword would already be in his hand and he, without waiting for confirmation from Zak, would sprint out towards the boars.

"I guess there's no saving his ass now, he should have known better than heading out on his own without proper gear." He didn't say it in jest to Kalthios, but if it offended him, then Zak didn't care. It was a simple, yet true part of the game, "Yeah, seems fair. Big one for the big shot, ugly one for the-" He didn't get the chance to finish his joke before Kal dashed off, but Zak was soon to follow suit. However, he'd be the first to strike.

<>

> Zak [15/15]

> Kalthios [13/13]

<>

> Boar [0/2] - 1 Material obtained!

> Boar [2/2]

> Boar [2/2]

> Boar [2/2]

Kal would sigh a moment to Zak's first comment, before sprinting full-tilt towards another of the boars. As he neared one of the boars, he leapt high into the air, slamming his blade down into the spine of the boar and twisting his blade, causing the boar to shatter into crystalline shards. He quickly dismissed the "Congratulations! Obtained 1 x Tanned Leather" pop-up, and faced the remaining pair of boars.

<>

13/13

<>

15/15

<>

>Boar (0/2)

>Boar (0/2)

>Boar (2/2)

>Boar (2/2)

As he pulled the blade from the shards that remained, Zak looked over to see Kalthios showing off, "No need for the fancy tricks, there's no women around." He walked forwards to the boar that was closing in, "With these oversized chunks of meat, that's nothing more than overkill." Pulling back his sword, he waited until the boar was close enough to be struck before extending his arm and sword ahead.

<>

13/13

<>

15/15

<>

>Boar (0/2)

>Boar (0/2)

>Boar (0/2) - 2 Materials obtained!

>Boar (2/2)

Smirking slightly, Kal would only dart out towards his left, slashing the remaining boar through the midsection. As it would shatter into the oh-so-familiar crystalline shards, he would stand, sheathing his sword and dismissing the "Congratulations! Gained 1 x Boar Tusk!" pop-up, before turning to face Zak. "Well, women around or no, I do enjoy a good hearty dose of show off. Don't judge me." He would laugh slightly, before walking off towards another trio of boars.

Kalthios didn't seem to be too bothered by Zak's comment, which was a good thing. If he was serious enough that he couldn't take a bit of jest like that, then a friendship between the two would never last, but the player happened to be pretty lax so far. A few more buttons to push during this trip and Zak would have a pretty good understanding of Kal's true self, "Oh, so you prefer to show off in front of me rather than in front of women? I must say I'm flattered." Running on ahead, leaving Kalthios behind as he neared the boars up ahead, Zak would go for the one on the left.

<>

13/13

<>

15/15

<>

>Boar (2/2)

>Boar (2/2)

>Boar (2/2)

Kal would stand there a moment, before sprinting full-tilt towards the center boar, passing Zak. Before he would attack the boar, he would turn towards Zak."Y'know, I've met a lot of pricks in my life. But you, sir, are a cactus." With a quick grin, he would lunge towards the boar, slicing it through the mid-section with his sword, coming to a stop just as it dissolved into crystalline shards. Quickly dismissing the "Congratulations! Obtained 10 Col!" pop-up, he would stand and face Zak. "Well?"

<>

13/13

<>

15/15

<>

>Frenzy Boar (2/2)

>Frenzy Boar (0/2)

>Frenzy Boar (2/2)

Unfortunately, Zak didn't start off well enough to fit his words. The boar was able to react and move just out of Zak's reach, allowing for Kal to go in for the one hit knock out. This wouldn't do, especially with the quick retort Kalthios gave, "Well, what is it? You're saying I'm sharp, which I take as a compliment." Redirecting himself, he decided to walk over to where the third boar was, not really caring that he was walking in between the three big monsters.

<>

13/13

<>

15/15

<>

>Frenzy Boar (2/2)

>Frenzy Boar (0/2)

>Frenzy Boar (2/2)

Dodging around Zak to get a better angle at the third boar, Kal would dash past him before extending his arm out. His blade suddenly glowing a bright green, Kal would allow a savage yell to emanate from his throat. As the boar turns to face the source of its disturbance, it suddenly feels the searing pain of a sword blade entering it, severing the top of its skull form its bottom, before ultimately shattering into crystalline shards. After taking a moment to close the "Congratulations! Obtained 2 x Boar Tusk!" pop-up, Kal would shoot Zak a triumphant grin. "Well? Are you only good at making weapons, not using them?"

<>

13/13

<>

15/15

<>

>Boar (2/2)

>Boar (0/2)

>Boar (0/2)

Zak was really down on luck today, but at least it seemed like he wasn't trying. In fact, it was more or less an unclear way of showing off to the fancy show off. He didn't have to worry about being hit or missing, he could just chill while fighting these monsters, "Well, if you really want me to show off, I can just as easily do it without going overboard." With the boar running his way, he spun he sword up in the air, letting it spin three times, before catching it and stabbing the boar in the face, "It's really not that hard if I actually try."

<>

13/13

<>

15/15

<>

>Boar (0/2) - (x1 Material Obtained!)

>Boar (0/2)

>Boar (0/2)

Kal would chuckle a moment before sheathing his sword over his back. "Well, it's still two to one. So, for now, let's keep the score progressing, hmm?" He'd look over towards a nearby crowd of 4 boars. "Here, Porky, Porky, Porky..." He'd sprint off towards the lead boar,drawing his sword mid-step. Reaching it, he'd jump off the ground and, sword pointed towards the ground, would slam his sword into the boar's skull, causing it dissolve into a heat of crystalline shards. Before it was even fully disintegrated, he was already turning to face the boar to the right, swiping at the "Congratulations! Obtained 1 x Boar Tusk!" pop-up as he turns.

<>

13/13

<>

15/15

<<<>

>Boar (0/2)

>Boar (2/2)

>Boar (2/2)

>Boar (2/2)

Two to one would soon lead to three to one, but Zak wasn't going to let it be a landslide victory. Even if he didn't crank out the same amount, he definitely did some heavy damage, but these monsters didn't have enough health for him to show off that factor. Of course, he also had a joke in his back pocket in case things got hairy, but he wouldn't use that until it reached a certain level of stabbing each other, "Sure, sure. Maybe this way, you'll have enough materials to pay me in full." He smirked before running towards another boar.

Hit... 6 damage.

<>

13/13

<>

15/15

<<<>

>Boar (0/2)

>Boar (0/2) - (x1 Material obtained!)

>Boar (2/2)

>Boar (2/2)

However, lunging towards the target boar, Kal would trip over his own feet, rolling to a stop at the base of a nearby tree. Springing back to his feet, he would notice a small scratch on his right arm. Chuckling, he'd line himself up for another shot at the boar.

<>

12/13

<>

15/15

<>

>Boar (0/2)

>Boar (0/2)

>Boar (2/2)

>Boar (2/2)

Watching his friend trip up, he smirked and nearly laughed when he got damaged from the slip-up. At the time, a boar had begun running towards Kalthios and Zak figured he could give him some mercy so he ran towards the boar to cut it off. He'd slice upwards, but the boar would turn at the last minute catching Zak off guard. He didn't even have time to raise his shield.

<>

12/13

<>

14/15

<>

>Boar (0/2)

>Boar (0/2)

>Boar (2/2)

>Boar (2/2)

Sprinting towards the nearer of the remaining boars, Kal would attempt to deliver a sharp slash to the beasts side. However, the boar would turn and, after deflecting the sword off its tusk, deliver a painful headbutt to Kal's abdomen.

<>

11/13

<>

14/15

<>

>Boar (0/2)

>Boar (0/2)

>Boar (2/2)

>Boar (2/2)

This was honestly getting pretty pathetic considering neither of them were very successful in their strikes, but by now, Zak had decided to get a little more serious about it, "Come on, then. Let's kill 'em." He leapt forwards, pulling his scimitar behind him before extending his sword out towards the boar.

Hit... kill.

<>

11/13

<>

14/15

<>

>Boar (0/2)

>Boar (0/2)

>Boar (0/2) - 1 material obtained

>Boar (2/2)

Sighing quietly to himself, Kal would sprint towards the last boar. Slashing his blade through its mid-section, he'd quickly dismiss the reward pop-up as it disintegrated into crystalline shards. "Well, that was shameful for awhile there."

<>

11/13

<>

14/15

<>

> Boar (0/2)

> Boar (0/2)

> Boar (0/2)

> Boar (0/2) *Gained Material

The monsters were defeated, but it was a terribly flawed victory; at least Zak could still make fun of Kalthios still, "You know, what. I agree with you." He leaned on his sword, pointed tip burying itself into the ground, "You ought to be ashamed with yourself." Using his other hand, he gave the player a thumbs down, "Better luck next time."