[PP - F1] Of Grass and Land (Felicia_raptor/invite)

Glitch bent over, hands resting on his knees, and his chest heaving from effort. He glanced over his shoulder to see the retreating backs of a large mob he managed to drag. He wiped at his brow though there was no sweat, and straightened his back. He re-equipped his two-handed spear to use it as a crutch for a few moments. His legs felt like they were going to give out at any moment. He slammed the head of his weapon into the ground and dropped to the floor. He used it to support his back, propping his legs up to rest his arms upon them.

He took a few minute breather and opened up his HUD window to see if there were any quests in the areas he could take. Not finding one that suited his interests (he really didn’t know what he wanted to do in other words), he picked himself up and took hold of the spear. It dematerialized and waited for his call sometime in the future. Looking over his shoulder one last time, Glitch started his adventure through the grasslands. He kept his eyes peeled for any disturbed land.

Unable to see anything, he heaved a sigh. He wondered if he should start leveling up his «Searching» or «Track» ability once he was able to. But did he really want to invest in either or them? Another sigh, Glitch observed his nails and saw some dirt had gotten stuck underneath the tip of his nails. He ran the thumb of his other hand under it to dig it out.

Glitch looked up from his fingers to see a silhouette not too far off. He squinted to see if he could catch a glimpse of who it may be, if it were friend or foe, but was unable to due to skill restrictions. He hurried his steps, ready to equip his spear if needed.

“Hey!†He called lifting an arm in greeting while he drew near.

She was running from a wasp like bug interested in her "I want a familiar but not a bug get away from me!!!" She cries and screams at it she hid behind you after running all the way over there. "H-help me I don't want to waste bread on a bug that would become my familiar if I fed it. please kill it." She whines loudly. She hid her shaky body behind the guy.

Glitch took a moment to register what was going on. He blinked in confusion while his eyes shifted between the girl behind him and the insect monster before them. He held out his hand and with a shwoo noise the two-handed spear appeared. He gave it a few spins before thrusting it downward and drawing a line in the ground.

"From the distance you ran, to this line here, it should reset." Glitch said throwing a smile over his shoulder. Monsters had seemed to be able to grow "bored" or reach a certain number of steps before the reset and traveled back to the area they originated from. Majority of the RPG games he had played held a similar system, it was a great way for new players to get out of a hoard of mobs they may have dragged while trying out their new character.

She looks around for something and found it, it was a Fox with weird greenish blue markings. Her collar said Amaya (night rain.) "Hello amaya you want back in plushy form?" It nodded and yipped she touched it's callor and it turned back into a plush size by her saying "sleep amaya." It was climbing onto her shoulder and layed down. "Good amaya for helping me." She whispers and looks at the guy. "Um hi I'm Kira and this little one is amaya"

Tilting his head, Glitch examined the strange fox. He offered the familiar a smile and turned to look at the female player. She was inches shorter than he was and he had to look down to make eye contact.

"I'm Glitch, it's a pleasure to meet both of you." He said. He looked over his shoulder to see that the insect monster had indeed turned around and headed back toward its place of origin. He kicked the mark he made on the ground with the toe of his boot to erase it. There was no need for it anymore and he had no idea if someone went rogue and took up PKing already.

Glitch turned back to Kira and her fox familiar Amaya.

"That's a neat-looking familiar you have. I didn't know they had something like that around here."

Glitch looked around the area, moving his hair out of his eyes. He saw monsters in the distance respawn from players that came earlier. They wandered around grazing at the grass, but otherwise didn't pay either of them any mind.

"To put it simply: dragging a hoard isn't fun." He answered with a laugh. "I was trying to get some leveling going on, but some stuff happened that resulted in me having to run away." Glitch sighed as he remembered the interruption. It reminded him of field boss that ruled over certain areas on the map. It was normally much larger than their counterparts and had the ability to drag monsters, aiming them toward their prey.

He's ran into a few of them in other games and died trying to fight them off, but here that was not an option. Glitch glanced over toward the fox on Kira's shoulder. Perhaps it'd be best for him to get a familiar just in case. He pushed the thought out of his head.

"The better question is what you're doing here?" Glitch mirrored her question. "Running from wasps, why not fight?"

"Yeah, and with their size here I wouldn't imagine helping in anyway," Glitch frowned while comparing the sizes of a real life wasp to the one in game. He certainly would not leave his house if they were really that size, or he'd carry around a large box that would protect him from their stingers. They weren't like bees where one sting would kill them, oh boy, no.

He reached a hand to pat Amaya's head, but he paused just inches away to gauge the familiar's reaction. He was unsure how the little fox would respond. If they were like a dog, usually one would let them sniff you or wait for the owners permission. But no one did say that Glitch was smart.

"Familiars are pretty adorable after getting tamed," he confessed with a laugh.

Amaya nipped at his hand playfully and then licks it. Amaya yipped happily her tail wags Kira blushes deep red... his hand is so close to my face and he doesn't notice what it's doing to me. she thinks and then looks up at the boy. my brother would kill if he knew I just meet a guy and is crushing on him. Ugh I need to get this out of my head. Kira blushes deeper and looks into his eyes, and smiles shyly.

"So what should we do?" She smiles and giggles as Amaya keeps nibbling and licking on glitch's hand.

Glitch twitched his fingers, swirling them around the little familiar's snout, laughing while she tried nipping them. He tilted his head at the question and thought over what to do. Looking behind him, the grasslands gave way to promising XP and possible loot and col, but he was unsure how Kira would deal with going up against a wasp-monster. If she was going to run away from them things can get heavy and he may be left in a very difficult situation.

"We can go see if there's anyone else around, or train. I'm interested in seeing what your familiar is capable of in battle. I never really seen one fight since I've been here." Glitch confessed dropping his head, allowing his shoulders to sag. They were one of the things he had looked forward in obtaining, but given the current situation they all faced, he had decided against it.

"Is there anything you want to do? What were you doing before you got chased?" Glitch asked tilting his head to look down at Kira and Amaya.

I would love to train." She answered and then hears, 'Is there anything you want to do? What were you doing before you got chased?' "Let's train-" she started coughing up blood again and Amaya put her paw on Kira's neck and she started to calm down and started to say something and couldn't and amaya tried to heal her but it doesn't effect her in game health. "I-I'm sorry I have lung problems I'm to die in two weeks. I cough up blood in game and out... oh well I was training Amaya and then I got hoarded with wasp but only one followed us all the way here.." She answered.

"And to be stuck in a game for who knows how long..." He shook his head at the thought. He couldn't imagine living with some sort of disease and try out a VRMMO only to be trapped in it. The game may allow one to live as freely as it can allow, but it did not make one immortal to such things.

"Are you sure you're well enough to train? To exert yourself..." Glitch's voice trailed off trying to imagine what could happen but falls flat to a dark screen with "The End" printed boldly in front of ones face. He didn't wish to think of it and pushed the thought away.

He nodded his head, although a bit hesitant. He watched the familiar transform in size. It wasn't too big, but it wasn't too small either. Given what he knew about foxes from the real world (which wasn't much anyway), he figured that it was a more speed-based creature, not intended for much damage.

"Any place that you grew fond of training?" Glitch asked looking around the grasslands. There were boars, dire wolves, and insect monsters on this floor. If she had a favorite monster to fight with on this floor it'd be easier to train on and she wouldn't have to exert too much energy.