[F6-SP]The Gemini (Quest)

The Gemini staggered around, looking almost drunk. Nikki's attack had done well to knock the sense out of it. A devious smile crept across the tanks lips as she pointed her spear at it again. The creature seemed to sense the incoming attack as it raised its own shield to protect itself. "Don't blink or you might miss it" Nikki called out as she charged her doppelganger. The Gemini responded by pulling its shield to the side and swinging its own spear at its attacker.

{1---2---3---4---5-/-6---7---{8}---9---10}

NIKKI HITS.

Nikki, showing her own incredible level of agility slid neatly under the incoming attack. Her shin guards acted as a sled carrying her gently along the dusty earth. Once clear of her opponents swing, she kicked up and before anyone had a chance to blink she lunged with her spear piercing into the Gemini's side. Another red pix elated wound appeared on the creature as she pulled her weapon free.

-Nikki- 36/36
-Gemini- 27/49-

Nikki certainly had momentum now, and she wasn't about to lose it. The Gemini let out an unearthly shriek and charged her, to which she stepped to the side allowing it to pass her. It turned around again to face her, and Nikki could see the anger in its, in her eyes. She smiled knowing that it was failing before her, and there was nothing it could do to stop it. Of course she wasn't the kind of person to draw things out longer than they needed and so she attacked. launching another vicious assault with her spear.

{1---2---3---4---5-/-6---{7}---8---9---10}

NIKKI HITS.

Nikki landed another successful hit plunging the tip of her spear again into the Gemini's ribs. She pulled it back and watched as another red spot appeared on her opponent. "Your almost done... How much more can you take" She taunted playfully.

-Nikki- 36/36
-Gemini- 24/49-

The Gemini became enraged By Nikki's taunting and swung in at the tank again. Nikki quickly dodged the incoming attack taking a few steps back and raising her shield defensively. She continued to smile as she swung in with her own counter attack, attempting to strike the Gemini in the shins. Unfortunately the creature anticipated the strike and kicked hard into Nikki's spear causing her to kilter off balance. It followed up with another quick jab.

{1---2---3---{4}---5-/-6---7---8---9---10}

GEMINI HITS.

The shot was clean and true, catching Nikki in the ribs. She let out a groan feeling the jab impact her hard. She stumbled a bit and hissed her displeasure at the shot. That had been a truly great attack and counter, and if she had been anyone else it would have been devastating. Nikki smiled again, pointing her spear to her health bar as she began walking towards the Gemini again.

-Nikki- 36/36
-Gemini- 24/49-

Nikki remained cool and confident. She wasn't about to lose her temper to something that couldn't hurt her. What was the point of that after all? Instead she kept up her pace moving determinedly toward the creature. It hesitated a moment and raised its shield again. Nikki could only laugh at the little circle of wood that had failed to protect it so far. It was sad to see a creature clinging on to something so dearly when it clearly had no real value. Still, it wanted to think that this item protected it, and who was she to deny it that? In a flash she lunged forward slamming her blade shield into the Gemini's, sending it staggering back. She did so again, and it raised its shield just in time, as she impacted once again. As before the creature staggered back, but when it raised its shield again, it was unable to see the blue haired tank. In that moment she had slipped off to the side and now attacked its flank. 

NIKKI HITS.

Nikki jabbed her spear again into its soft flesh. The creature let out a shriek of surprise at the attack before falling over. It raised its shield as Nikki swung into it again, and again. Each time her weapon bounced off the wooden disk with no effect.

-Nikki- 36/36
-Gemini- 21/49-

Nikki continued her assault swinging several more times until the Gemini had the smarts to get out of the way. It rolled to the side as her spear crashed into the earth sending up a small cloud of dust. In a flash it was on its feet again, and it lunged at the Bluenette with its weapon attempting to strike her face. Nikki raised her shield and the attack grazed off of it neatly, bringing the Gemini in tight to her. She smiled as she pressed off of it with a well placed kick to the chest. The crowd let out another cheer at the close fight that was waging on. A moment later and the pair were locked shield to shield again, pressing against each other to no avail. The Gemini could not move Nikki, and in turn she was not capable of moving it. She was smart enough however to pull to the side and let the creature slip past her. In that moment she attacked again.

NIKKI HITS.

Nikki jabbed with her spear plunging it into the creatures back as it staggered by. it let out another shriek and turned sharply on its heels to face her. She smiled and blew it a kiss as she raised her shield again preparing for its next strike.

-Nikki- 36/36
-Gemini- 18/49-

The Gemini fumed as it began to circle angrily. It was losing now, much worse than it had in a long time. Much worse than it ever had. It hated the blue haired tank, how she mocked it, how she laughed, and how she refused to suffer even a scratch. Its eyes were narrowed dangerously as it stared, unblinking, at Nikki. Somehow it knew that one good strike would ruin her, would break her confidence, would end this fight. The only question was wear? Wear do you hit something that is invincible?" The Gemini had not been programmed to deal with this kind of threat, so in a fury it attacked.

NIKKI HITS.

Nikki had been waiting as it circled her. She could feel its frustration, and knew it would make a mistake. Moments later the window opened as the Gemini lunged again. Nikki responded instinctively by planting a kick against the creatures shield, sending it staggering off to the side. She followed up with another quick jab, slicing easily into its leg. The red pixelated wound stood out as a visual reminder that she was winning.

-Nikki- 36/36
-Gemini- 15/49-

The Gemini was backed into a corner now. It had a single point of health left. Its health bar hovered above its head blinking as a constant reminder of its impending doom. It had no more harsh words, or sneers. No more hissing or taunting. All that was left was a final shot. One chance to show the world that this tank could bleed. It had to be fast and true with this next strike. At this point the only thing that mattered was landing a single point of damage. It gave her one last look before closing its eyes. there was no way a player could beat it like this, it's coding wouldn't allow it, that's why it fell to 1 health instead of being beaten in that last hit. This strike belonged to it now, It was all or nothing. 

{1---2---{3}---4---5-/-6---7---8---9---10}

GEMINI HITS.

It attacked again, sweeping left to right before swinging its spear with everything it could muster. Nikki held her ground as the weapon came full circle and smashed into her one last time. She responded in turn by planting another kick into its ribs forcing it backwards again. The Gemini struggled to stay upright, leaning against it's weapon for support.

-Nikki- 36/36
-Gemini- 1/49

The fight was nearing an end. The Gemini looked weak and tired as it huffed about. It was no longer standing straight but often hunched over, stopping to lean on its spear for support. Nikki had assaulted its very being in the worst way, crushing it without taking a scratch on her own. The crowd around them had grown still as they watched with anticipation what would happen next. "You don't know this, but I've fought things like you before. I've fought me before." Her voice was cold as she spoke now, circling her opponent. "Yuo put up a good fight, used my skills well, used all those skills you've learned well. But, you're just not as good as me." She stopped now swinging her spear at the creatures legs sending it falling backwards onto its backside. "I told you, Always imitated, but never duplicated. There is only one true tank in Aincrad." She looked up back at the crowd, catching sight of all the faces watching her. She noticed that some had recording crystals out, and it made her smile. In that moment the Gemini drew its spear one more time and swung at Nikki from its compromised position on the ground. Nikki easily blocked the attack and yelled as she stabbed down into the creature with her own weapon. "THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!"

NIKKI HITS. FATAL.

ROLLING FOR LOOT

SKILL ACQUIRED DISGUISE

The crowd exploded in cheers and hollering as the battle suddenly came to a halt. The Gemini was defeated and Aincrads most powerful tank stood unscratched in its wake. She smiled now waving to her crowd and blowing a few kisses as the mob of people moved in on her. Within seconds she was enveloped by the mass of players all congratulating her, and patting her on the shoulders. Some were asking how she did it, others were simply at a loss for words. She even heard one person telling his friends that there had yet to be anything discovered capable of hurting her. She began to blush, had her legend really evolved that much? to think just a few months earlier she was a solo player nobody who no one paid attention to, and now she was thought to be all but invincible.

-Nikki- 36/36
-Gemini- -2/49

Nikki raised her spear above the crowd and gave a victorious shout, which the crowd echoed back at her in a deafening voice. She loved the elated feeling of her victory, of the cheering, and the battle. This was why she wanted to play SAO, to break the game, to be a hero. After a moment she lowered her spear as the crowd began to disperse. People had come from many different floors to witness the event, and some were only just arriving now after it had ended. She quickly pulled up her menu's and found Miaki on her friends list, before clicking the option to send him a private message.

I did it.

I beat the Gemini, just like you did.

It was amazing people were cheering and yelling.

Can't wait to see you and tell you all about it. 

Meet me for lunch? I'm famished.

Love Nikki

She took one last moment to enjoy her moment. She hadn't felt a victory like this since the defeat of the floor 8 boss. It was then that she felt a gentle tug on the back of her skirt. she turned around to see a familiar cloaked old man.  "Excuse me my dear" She couldn't believe it, it was the Gemini already re spawned. "Well that certainly didn't take long." She teased. She knew it would return as people had beaten it in the past, just as to how long it took she had no idea. the man hesitated a moment shaking violently under his cloak before speaking again. "I'm not sure what you mean but perhaps you care to have a friendly duel?" Nikki could only smile and shake her head as she crouched down next to the old man. 

"I'm terribly sorry. I have a lunch engagement to get to... But I'm sure there are many people will to fight a harmless old man." She patted him on the shoulder before standing up again. She waited one last moment noticing that many of the people had left, either through teleportation or wandering off. Still someone was going to end up fighting the Gemini again, all she could do now was hope they wee ready. As she walked off she heard the man call out to her. "Alright, well enjoy your lunch Miss Styx..." Nikki stopped in her tracks and spun around on the spot. "How did you..." She stammered but it was too late. The Gemini had already hobbled off and was approaching another small group of players. Nikki stared mouth open for a moment before smiling and shaking her head. There was no way she had heard what she thought she had. It was impossible. 

Not giving the matter another thought she turned on her heels again and began to leave. She could just faintly here the old man now as he approached the other players. "Excuse me... Might any of you be interested in having a duel with an old man looking to improve his skills?" And so it began anew as it would until the game was beaten.