[OP-F1] Barking Up the Wrong Tree

As I walked through the town of Horunka, something caught my eye. It was a female NPC with an exclamation mark hovering above her head. A quest...

I approached the woman and asked her if she knew anywhere I could find a better weapon. I glanced down at my Beginner Sword which had served me well so far but certainly wasn't going to be good enough to tackle strong monsters. The woman said she could get me a stronger sword, but only if I helped her first.

"What do you need help with?" She looked down at the ground. "My son has fallen ill with a terrible bug... there's a special medicine that can cure it but it can only be obtained from the Ovule of a rare species of Little Nepent. I would try to get it myself, but the monsters..."

"I understand... I'll try and get you that medicine." She was about to thank me when she looked up and realised I had already disappeared into the shadows.

I walked off towards the forest, eager to find the Little Nepent's Ovule.

• 2 months later...

I was looking for an item that I had dropped whwn i was attcked by some bird my poison dagger somewhere here in the bushes "where the heck is that thing..." I whispered to myself I had my hand in one of the bushes when I had finally ran my finger across it I sighed in relief an took it back when I had sheathed it I got up walking back to the path when I had run into some one who was in quite the rush and didn't seem to notice... as we both crashed I was thrown back "owww... What are you running from? cause that hurt" I rubbed my right shoulder and sighed

I was walking in a forest, trying to get to another town. I was entranced on how the game looked, it was so majestic. Then I heard a rustling noise, followed by some voices. I sneaked over to the bush and saw two people, a guy and a chick. I had no idea if I had a face of shock, but I quickly said, "Uh, hello. Are you two all right?"

Miaki was leaving the small village where he had just completed a quest called <>. It was a quest he was eager to start and finish and the rewards were great. It was yesterday when he completed the quest and he slept overnight in a small tent he kept on him. Now he was going to make his way back to the <> with no intent on using a teleportation crystal. Those were to be used for emergencies he thought. He moved through one patch of brush and felt his foot tip against something. He bent down and found a unique looking dagger. Lacking an item appraisal skill, Miaki couldnt check for information on the weapon but was certain it had special properties. Maybe the owner was close by. He heard some talking coming from the otherside of the trees. He stood up and checked it out.

He saw a two players who seemed to have bumped into each other. "Uhhh either of you looking for a type of weapon maybe? Cause I found something just over here where I was coming from." He held up the dagger, displaying it has he said this.

The man I had numbed into just started rushing off after two other players erupted from the wilderness one holding the dagger I was looking for the other asking if anything was alright "if that's a serpents poison dagger it belongs to me" I walked over to retrieve the dagger I turned to the other player who had appeared answering him "thanks and I don't think that other one really cares" I pointed at the one I had bumped into who was leaving rather quickly

Miaki handed over the blade. "I think this is what you are looking for then. I've never seen one of it's kind before but the name you gave seems fitting to blade itself." He said matter of factly.

He looked over the girl before him. "I don't think I've ever seen you around here before. My name is Miaki." He offered his hand in greeting. "Might I ask for your name?"

• 1 month later...

"Hey, sorry there. I zoned out for a minute." Miaki thought about the uniqueness of Kyoki's blade and how cool it must be to have something one-of-a-kind for yourself. "Well that is a need weapon to have. Poison can be a nasty touch when fighting a monster or something. So what are you doing out here?"

Miaki stared off into the distant nothingness. "I honestly have completely forgotten why I was out here." He said with a chuckle. "Talk about a ADHD moment. Exploring. Exploring. Ooohh shiny!" He said while waving his arms about. "So yeah. I really have no clue what I was doing out here. But now that you mention the plant item, I can't say I've heard of such a plant. Are we talking about reviving players? NPCs? Or pets?" Miaki asked Kyoki.

• 3 weeks later...

A small band of low level players wearing starter armor were surrounded by <>. The carnivorous plants seemed set on making the dinner bell that was ringing from the sound of the children's cries. The players were a couple of kids no less older than 15 years in age. Some of them were cowering behind shields while the rest were improperly holding their weapons with no chance of making them useful.

At the sight of the group I just rushed in pulling out my dagger cutting away at them in a rush before the cowering group was attacked I occasionally fixed the players weapon properly and they attacked the carnivorous plants with me cutting down their allies from the monsters grip I couldn't help the ones behind the shields they'd probably bust me in the face but I eventually just stopped and watched as they fought them a lot more successful I jumped back into the fight after a vine whipped past my face grabbing onto the vine before it could retreat back but it almost gave me a whip lash when it pulled backas I got rid of it

After Kyoki drew her dagger and began defending the young children. Miaki followed suit with the draw of his katana, <>, a silver flash was emitted followed quickly by the shattering of plants as he flanked them before they had time to focus on him. One vine shot towards him and wrapped around his left arm but a quick cut from his blade made short work of the vine. The carnivorous plants were no match for the duo who shredded through the plants as if they were nothing.