The Factory - Technology suggestion

Would anybody be interested in having something like this.  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Would anybody be interested in having something like this.

• Yes
    • Some version, but not like this
    • No

Hello,

I have seen the current process on how an item is made in the site. Be it in the listing with the information on it, or in the actual RPs themselves. And I would like to suggest an idea where it can be done in a more clealy manner.

As someone who has RPed in a few different types of styles of rp. I spud suggest a factory. Or a separate listing of where people can take a standardized outline for weapons or armor, post it in ther in need for approval by people deemed able should the admins or moderators want more people to deal with this, and once approved, have a link to their weapon, as well as the thread(s) they completed to create the said item.

I know that this would put alot more work on your guys hands, but that's where you could make moderators under a special destination to judge just the tech items. As well as have a WIP forum where people can put up the submissions the need to be approved, and an approved section to not allow people to tamper with the item. This is just a small idea as I have seen it in many places for RP forums.

Once again this is just an idea for you to think over so you done have to deal with having over 300 posts in a single thread for items waiting to be approved. It creates a more clean running environment and I have noticed that people dont use pictures for irked or sometimes even characters. So this would be a great use for that. (said images need to have a source where you can give credit to whoever owns the picture for legal reasons.) anyways just hold my word worth a grain of salt.

Thanks for reading!

EDITED TO HAVE A POLL. no other things were added or deleted.

Close 9Lives. I was more so thinking of that idea, only on its own subforum. With how it is put like this, I see no real approval ideals taking place. Just a check to make sure that it is not overpowered for that kind of weapon. What I mean is different.

Name: name of the weapon

Type: ....

Quality:

Common use: What is the normal abilities

Special uses: Special properties should the item of the correct rank have the ability to have one.

Just about the same, however, put into a different format so that a person cannot go back and edit them (I have seen it done before, and as I see this site is relatively new from what I can tell, Less than a year or so. I have not see it yet.) However, it is put all into one thread, and that can make it harder for people to read and approve of. I am trying to think of a way to clean it up a bit more so you don't have everybody on one thread making weapons, and armor. Admins need to plan not now, but for the year ahead. Seen it too many times where a site under 2 years crashes because everybody condenses stuff and lets it slide. I am trying to avoid that.

I am suggesting in putting the creation items on their own sub forums to keep it clean and neat. If you have a blow up, which will probably happen when GGO comes out to TV sets all around the world, You need to be prepared for it. This would be one of those ways.