[SP-F1] Earning A Living Quest (COMPLETE)

Oske trudged into the Smithy that had a sign bolted above the door, claiming it was called “Smith’s Smithy.†It probably was supposed to be clever and funny, but it wasn’t really. She pushed open the door, and the fumes of burning metal wafted through the air and into her nose. She coughed quietly, but the burning sensation faded quickly.

“Well, hey there, little miss,†an NPC, male, said as he approached her. He wore a black apron and a cap. “What can I do for ya?â€

“Um, hello,†Oske said, playing with her fingers. “I-I’m looking for a job. I was wondering if you could teach me how to forge weapons and stuff?â€

The man narrowed his eyes, almost scowling at her. “Oh? So you’re not here for a weapon?â€

“Well, I am… but… I’d like to make it myself.†Oske swallowed nervously. “Is that okay…?â€

The man paused, then gave her a sly grin. “Well, depends. Will you buy a weapon from me?â€

“Um, well, I have money for a weapon, but how about I pay you for helping me learn how to make it?†she asked shyly. The man shrugged.

“Sounds good to me. I’ll get you some materials, and you can get going. That’ll be… 4000 Col.â€

“4000 Col!?†Oske gasped. “That’s… that’s pretty expensive… I only have 400…â€

“Well, then go fight some monsters and earn some Col. There’s a field Northwest of Starting City with a ton of Adult Wolf spawns. Good luck, little miss.â€

“My name Oske,†Oske said, holding out her hand to the NPC. She immediately regretted it—his hands were horribly sweaty, even with his gloves on.

“I’m Bill,†he told her. She raised an eyebrow, then walked out the door and headed toward the field while unsheathing her sword.

Oske jogged into the field, her sword awkwardly sitting in front of her. Her arms almost trembled as she stood before two adult wolves that spawned. One noticed her, snarling. It charged. She held her breath, then charged at the first one with her sword slashing upward toward its muzzle.

3/3

She scratched the wolf’s muzzle, and she attempted to dodge as it opened its jaw and snapped. Oske gasped, feeling nonexistent pain as the wolf took a point off her health. Rage filled her eyes, and she became a different person.

She stabbed forward toward the wolf’s face, aiming right between the eyes and hoping to kill it instantly.

2/3

“Aaah!†Oske shouted, thrusting the sword forward and scratching the top of the wolf’s head. It shouldn’t have killed it, but it because of her previous hit, it burst into little blue shards. A message displayed in front of her, rewarding her with 50 Col. She quickly dismissed it and charged at the next wolf, which was heading straight toward her. She swung her sword to the side, hoping to slice it in half.

2/3

Oske fought and fought for what seemed to be forever, until the sun was rising after a night of fighting. She was starving, but she didn’t want to spend any Col on food. She had just enough to make a sword. She slowly made her way to Smith’s Smithy, panting.

“I got… the Col… for the job.â€

“Great!†Bill exclaimed. “Hand it over, and I’ll give lend you the shop for your work.â€

“Oh, thank you…†Oske said, giving him the bag of Col from her inventory. She stretched, rubbing her eyes and looking around. She reached toward the light speed-type materials she saw in a chest, then stopped. She nudged Bill, who was adjusting a pair of daggers on the wall.

“Can I borrow some gloves, and an apron?â€

“Sure thing, miss Oske.†He got her an apron and gloves, and she started to work.

(my roll on this will determine what I make)

"Well, whatcha got there?" Bill asked as he approached Oske after a few hours of hammering down on the hot metal. "Whoa... you sure you've never done this before?"

Oske now held a sharp, twisted looking blade that was named, "Butterfly Blade."

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/ ... 72in3z.png

"Well, I worked with metal when I was in the real world, but I thought... Weird. I didn't expect the weapon to come out this good, either..." Oske stared at her weapon. "Well, um, I guess that's all I really needed to make--"

"Hey," Bill said, clapping his hand on Oske's shoulder. "Take as many materials as you like. You paid a lot to me."

"Really?" Oske breathed. Bill nodded.

"Just don't take all of it!"

(-COMPLETE-)